• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:34
CEST 13:34
KST 20:34
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War625.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Rollback Netcode in Brood War TL Sidebar missing streams ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8334 users

Fire Emblem - Page 149

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 147 148 149 150 151 171 Next
Faruko
Profile Joined April 2013
Chile34173 Posts
February 14 2019 14:18 GMT
#2961
The pair option was cool but also vastly overpowered, to the point it made Lunatic+ only viable with pairs.

I don't think we know a lot of Gameplay wise, but i also like how the story is set up.

5 months to go and the fire emblem stuff coming in Japan
Ross was right // "Jesus Christ nahaz is doing shots before my eyes" (Sn0_Man, 2018)
andrewlt
Profile Joined August 2009
United States7702 Posts
February 14 2019 21:47 GMT
#2962
I just hope we don't get this idiot kid from the good house who joins up with the two bad houses for the most ludicrously nonsensical reasons.
Duka08
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
3391 Posts
February 14 2019 21:54 GMT
#2963
Yeah I'm surprised that I'm excited for a new one given how much I absolutely loathed Fates stories, but we'll see lol. Looking forward to keeping up with new details as they come out.
Frudgey
Profile Joined September 2012
Canada3367 Posts
February 15 2019 14:29 GMT
#2964
I have pretty low expectations for the story, if I'm being honest. I'm hoping the gameplay is top tier though.

I think in either case I'll enjoy it, unless Takumi is in the game for some reason.
It is better to die for The Emperor than live for yourself.
andrewlt
Profile Joined August 2009
United States7702 Posts
February 15 2019 18:27 GMT
#2965
Fates is quite good if you can pinch your nose during the story segments. I'm still interested in the game and I think the gameplay would be good. I'm pushing it back a bit on my priority list because I have low expectations for the story and characterization.
RuiBarbO
Profile Blog Joined August 2012
United States1340 Posts
February 17 2019 18:17 GMT
#2966
TBH Three Houses is looking kind of Valkyria Chronicles-ish to me... which I personally am not wild about. But it looks like there's a ton to do and maybe a more dynamic campaign, which could be neat.
Can someone please explain/how water falls with no rain?
Dormama
Profile Joined February 2019
1 Post
February 19 2019 19:33 GMT
#2967
--- Nuked ---
Duka08
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
3391 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-07-23 20:08:49
July 23 2019 20:08 GMT
#2968
I'll be keepin an eye on this thread for opinions on the new game if anyone's planning on playing it. I don't use my switch much atm so I'm not rushing to grab it but if highly praised by some of the vets here I'll probably get around to it sooner than later. Any early news or pre-release stuff so far?
Alventenie
Profile Joined July 2007
United States2147 Posts
July 24 2019 00:07 GMT
#2969
There is a lot of info regarding characters and general overview of the games story.

I currently am planning on doing either Dimitri or Claude first (more towards Claude), so it will be interesting in how it goes.

Faruko
Profile Joined April 2013
Chile34173 Posts
July 24 2019 01:36 GMT
#2970
i got it preordered and ready to play
Ross was right // "Jesus Christ nahaz is doing shots before my eyes" (Sn0_Man, 2018)
TomatoBisque
Profile Joined March 2013
United States6290 Posts
July 24 2019 04:33 GMT
#2971
On July 24 2019 05:08 Duka08 wrote:
I'll be keepin an eye on this thread for opinions on the new game if anyone's planning on playing it. I don't use my switch much atm so I'm not rushing to grab it but if highly praised by some of the vets here I'll probably get around to it sooner than later. Any early news or pre-release stuff so far?

the rom has been leaked and datamining has begun as of yesterday, so spoilers are going to be everywhere
rip
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-07-24 06:26:57
July 24 2019 06:18 GMT
#2972
Game looks good. Seems like it synthesizes a lot of the 3DS generation, which might rub a lot of traditional fans the wrong way, but we'll see.

EDIT: Also, didn't think it was worth bumping the thread when this came out, but since people are talking FE again, Thracia 776 has a full English translation now, and it is absolutely phenomenal.
Moderator
Laurens
Profile Joined September 2010
Belgium4558 Posts
July 24 2019 09:33 GMT
#2973
I preordered and I'm super excited.
Unfortunately the best FE game for me was FE10 and every single FE game I've bought since has been a bit of a disappointment.
So Yango saying that it synthesizes the 3DS generation does not fill me with hope xD
Frudgey
Profile Joined September 2012
Canada3367 Posts
July 24 2019 18:10 GMT
#2974
I'm definitely waiting on reviews to come in. That said, the temptation to go and buy it this Friday is strong. Curious to see what everyone thinks of it.
It is better to die for The Emperor than live for yourself.
Frudgey
Profile Joined September 2012
Canada3367 Posts
July 25 2019 00:08 GMT
#2975
Okay so I've been playing some Shadow Dragon and I need to know: How good is Ogma supposed to be?

I've been using him and he's been a huge disappointment so far. Whereas I'm using Barst and Barst is on a rocket ship onto eternal glory - he's been dabbing on nerds left, right and center.
It is better to die for The Emperor than live for yourself.
Alventenie
Profile Joined July 2007
United States2147 Posts
July 27 2019 22:13 GMT
#2976
Ill post here since we started to derail the switch thread.

I am on my first playthrough with Golden Deer, currently about 18-19 hours in.

Game is good so far. Some maps are reused a few times, but the maps are huge and sometimes you only use 1/2 or 1/3 of them, so that allows other battles to be used on diff areas of the same map.

My characters so far:
+ Show Spoiler +

F Byleth: Overall good character, but is starting to have drawbacks that the people you teach don't. Because you can't give extra weapon growth, I am now reaching the advanced class area and while I the levels, I don't have the proper weapon skills to promote.

Claude: Archer lord! Hes pretty good, very slightly weaker than my Byleth, but I routed him down to be a wyvern knight (Axe/bow). He really solid.

Marianne: Healer, seemed really slow in the beginning but picking up now. Silence being an almost 100% hit rate every time is pretty crazy. Its actually a useful white magic to use and gives good exp and long range.

Raphael: Basically your tank for the team. High str/def, but slower than rest. Since he was higher stated in defense, I went with brawler over heavy armor, because heavy armor is just so slow (Equal class brawler has like 10 more speed than the fortress knight)

Lysithea: Mage, super high magic stat, rest pretty average. Nothing special with her, but she is offensively great.

Hilda: I took her brigand -> warrior route. She is pretty good. Again slightly weaker than byleth, but I can throw her out on her own and have little issues.

Leonie: Say hello to my superstar. She is slightly slower than Byleth, but makes up for it with more str/def/dex. I turned her into a Cav -> Paladin (Lance/Bow). She just wrecks everything she comes across. On most attacks she is pushing ~20 crit with lances (30 with Mini bow+)

Ignatz & Lorenz: I did not use either of these guys. I instead recruited some characters!

Recruited Characters:
+ Show Spoiler +

Catherine: She is recruited as a Swordsmaster regardless of level, and she shreds everything. Comes with a relic weapon of her own as well, meaning she will never have any issues just obliterating anyone.

Shamir: Recruited as a Sniper, she is above average, but not game breaking.

Flayn: Recruited as a priest, she comes with rescue! But rescue feels super bad right now. Only 3 range, and it moves to the closet tile to you (so in reality it moves someone 2 tiles). Maybe if I level her up it will be better, but shes like 10 levels behind my main healer.

Dorothea: Recruited from other house, and she is above average. I am at a point where I can make a dancer, and she is my go to one. Solid black/white magic and support utility. I gave her the battalion that allows you to give your entire party +5 move for 1 turn, which is pretty amazing by itself.


Overall I have a set 10 I use and all of them fit well.


Post your own stories :D. So far maps have been pretty good, but nothing stood out as special to me yet.
DarkPlasmaBall
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States46511 Posts
July 27 2019 22:29 GMT
#2977
There's been some discussion about the new Fire Emblem in the Nintendo Switch thread too
"There is nothing more satisfying than looking at a crowd of people and helping them get what I love." ~Day[9] Daily #100
Alventenie
Profile Joined July 2007
United States2147 Posts
July 27 2019 22:32 GMT
#2978
On July 28 2019 07:29 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
There's been some discussion about the new Fire Emblem in the Nintendo Switch thread too


Yep, I mentioned specifically that we probably shouldn't derail that thread with my first sentence in my post.

So far its a lot of fun. Hoping to hear some thoughts on the other routes if people picked other things.
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
July 27 2019 23:23 GMT
#2979
Been busy the last 2 days, so haven't progressed past the route split. Starting Golden Deer though.
Moderator
Duka08
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
3391 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-07-28 00:11:15
July 28 2019 00:07 GMT
#2980
Are there gameplay / difficulty differences with the route split(s) or is it just for that much more content and replayability? Birthright and Conquest had fairly different flavors to them.

Don't need story spoilers, just curious if there's more to the routing than narrative stuff.
Prev 1 147 148 149 150 151 171 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19:00
Weekly #150 (SHIN Mod Edition)
ByuN vs ShamelessLIVE!
herO vs TBD
CranKy Ducklings157
SHIN 75
CranKy Ducklings SOOP48
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 299
ByuN 263
OGKoka 257
SHIN 75
MindelVK 23
Railgan 12
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 68144
Calm 10591
Rain 2658
soO 981
Bisu 927
FanTaSy 878
Stork 406
Soulkey 396
Rush 290
Soma 211
[ Show more ]
firebathero 197
Shuttle 167
Last 148
Snow 133
Mind 109
Light 107
ToSsGirL 74
Pusan 72
hero 43
Shinee 42
Bale 37
Trap 37
Killer 36
Sea.KH 36
Free 32
Hm[arnc] 29
Mong 26
Sharp 26
Sexy 24
zelot 20
yabsab 18
sorry 17
Shine 16
HiyA 15
scan(afreeca) 12
Sacsri 11
IntoTheRainbow 10
Noble 10
Aegong 9
Dota 2
Gorgc6991
League of Legends
Reynor80
Counter-Strike
x6flipin709
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King72
Other Games
gofns37074
singsing2259
byalli655
Pyrionflax242
B2W.Neo175
Chillindude14
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV211
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• 3DClanTV 109
• Gemini_19 7
• Dystopia_ 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV511
League of Legends
• Jankos3177
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
3h 26m
BSL Open Qualifier
7h 26m
BSL Open Qualifier
7h 26m
OSC
11h 26m
Replay Cast
11h 26m
OSC
1d
WardiTV Weekly
1d 23h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.