• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:56
CEST 02:56
KST 09:56
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2317
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8781 users

Pokémon Go! - Page 189

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 187 188 189 190 191 200 Next
Latham
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
9592 Posts
September 22 2018 15:28 GMT
#3761
Hello I went back 3-4 pages and updated our community player list:
[image loading]

Any1 did Chikorita community day today? I skipped it because Meganium is a very subpar grass type, even with Frenzy Plant community day special attack. I'm not very much into collecting shinies anyway. Sure, I do have my favorites like a shiny Charizard or Dragonite, but aside from that I'm not that keen on hunting them.
For the curse of life is the curse of want. PC = https://be.pcpartpicker.com/user/LathamTK/builds/#view=CrqmP6
KobraKay
Profile Joined March 2010
Portugal4389 Posts
September 22 2018 15:39 GMT
#3762
I am on an away weekend in a little village in the center of the country with zero pogo activity. Moved around a few km exploring and found a pokestop with 9 chicoritas around it. That was the extent of my participation unfortunately.

One of my friends caught 2 shinies today so she was really happy.
CJ Fighting! (--.--)
Gahlo
Profile Joined February 2010
United States35174 Posts
September 22 2018 23:11 GMT
#3763
On September 23 2018 00:28 Latham wrote:
Hello I went back 3-4 pages and updated our community player list:
[image loading]

Any1 did Chikorita community day today? I skipped it because Meganium is a very subpar grass type, even with Frenzy Plant community day special attack. I'm not very much into collecting shinies anyway. Sure, I do have my favorites like a shiny Charizard or Dragonite, but aside from that I'm not that keen on hunting them.

Did it for the novelty and it's the first one since I started playing again. Besides, if I'm looking for grass attackers one can fill in slot 6 for me atm.
Logo
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States7542 Posts
September 24 2018 14:10 GMT
#3764
I ended up playing for a good part of the day just because it matched my schedule and I was pretty happy with the event.

Nutto kinda of made the event still exciting even if Chikorita isn't the most exciting pokemon.

Also I managed to get 2 high level high IV (one 100%) Chikorita's in addition to the shiny ones so I have now have two extra pretty decent grass types if I need them for anything.
Logo
Gahlo
Profile Joined February 2010
United States35174 Posts
September 24 2018 14:18 GMT
#3765
I ended up with 4 82%+ Meganiums and 10 shiny Chikos. Definitely going to prep for the next one better as I quickly ran out of normal and great balls - especially if it does indeed end up being Meteor Mash Beldum.
Logo
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States7542 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-09-24 14:45:32
September 24 2018 14:37 GMT
#3766
On September 24 2018 23:18 Gahlo wrote:
I ended up with 4 82%+ Meganiums and 10 shiny Chikos. Definitely going to prep for the next one better as I quickly ran out of normal and great balls - especially if it does indeed end up being Meteor Mash Beldum.


That reminds me of a side thing... I'm actually pretty disappointed in the community days for rare/high value pokemon. I think there should be events or ways to get easier access to some of the rare types, but the CDs are basically guaranteed high volume catches in short windows which seems really bad.

I like the CD for some of the more common pokemon because it gets you excited for something you otherwise wouldn't be and having unique moves gives a chance for a weak pokemon to be a bit more combat relevant.

But the rare CDs just kinda come by and it's like "here's some Dragonites for everyone who can play on that day". If you can't play that day you get set way back which is a shame and it sort of just quickly paves over all the work it previously took to make those types of pokemon. I like and think it's good to make it easier to catch things over time, the research tasks and 7KM eggs are good uses of that, but it feels too jarring, prolific & sudden to do it for community days.

Especially because then hardcore players, instead of getting like 1-2 of that pokemon they'll get a whole bunch and that kinda affects the meta.

Idk, it's dumb, and in general I'm fine and happy when things become easier to get, but having a hardcore scene of people having 3+ TTars with a special legacy move that greatly impacts the way you have to balance raids going forward is pretty annoying.

Basically I'd rather see rare pokemon doled out using the 7KM eggs and Research Tasks (the 7 day reward or individual tasks) and Community Days focus on things like starters, eevees, and other pokemon that can be made exciting by being part of a Community Day.
Logo
Gahlo
Profile Joined February 2010
United States35174 Posts
September 24 2018 21:42 GMT
#3767
On September 24 2018 23:37 Logo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 24 2018 23:18 Gahlo wrote:
I ended up with 4 82%+ Meganiums and 10 shiny Chikos. Definitely going to prep for the next one better as I quickly ran out of normal and great balls - especially if it does indeed end up being Meteor Mash Beldum.


That reminds me of a side thing... I'm actually pretty disappointed in the community days for rare/high value pokemon. I think there should be events or ways to get easier access to some of the rare types, but the CDs are basically guaranteed high volume catches in short windows which seems really bad.

I like the CD for some of the more common pokemon because it gets you excited for something you otherwise wouldn't be and having unique moves gives a chance for a weak pokemon to be a bit more combat relevant.

But the rare CDs just kinda come by and it's like "here's some Dragonites for everyone who can play on that day". If you can't play that day you get set way back which is a shame and it sort of just quickly paves over all the work it previously took to make those types of pokemon. I like and think it's good to make it easier to catch things over time, the research tasks and 7KM eggs are good uses of that, but it feels too jarring, prolific & sudden to do it for community days.

Especially because then hardcore players, instead of getting like 1-2 of that pokemon they'll get a whole bunch and that kinda affects the meta.

Idk, it's dumb, and in general I'm fine and happy when things become easier to get, but having a hardcore scene of people having 3+ TTars with a special legacy move that greatly impacts the way you have to balance raids going forward is pretty annoying.

Basically I'd rather see rare pokemon doled out using the 7KM eggs and Research Tasks (the 7 day reward or individual tasks) and Community Days focus on things like starters, eevees, and other pokemon that can be made exciting by being part of a Community Day.

I agree, actually. Especially since it's only a 3 hour window. I missed half of CD because of work and all the raids that 100+ people did at the park during that period. I also dislike how when people discuss things to use for raids the default lingo is towards the hardcore. For the birds, people in my area would only respond "smackdown TTar" when people asked what to use and rarely did somebody say "golems, I guess" when the person said they didn't have any.

They could also fix it by having a raidboss cycle in and out with the special move, so raid TTars would have Smackdown or something.
cLutZ
Profile Joined November 2010
United States19574 Posts
September 24 2018 23:53 GMT
#3768
On one hand it is nice that there is a reason to have done the community day, on the other it is a bummer smackdown TTar is no longer available. Smackdown isn't even the worst one, because Golem is fine for everything SD TTar is except for 3 manning Moltres. The real bummer is things like Shadow Claw Gengar and Frenzy Plant Venosaur where there really are no replacements that are close with good attack, stab, etc.
Freeeeeeedom
Gahlo
Profile Joined February 2010
United States35174 Posts
September 25 2018 00:16 GMT
#3769
Yeah, I was just bringing it up as an example because of how prevalent its use was for the birds.

Also, can they frickin put Rollout in the game so Omanyte can have a double rock moveset that doesn't require legacy? =\
cLutZ
Profile Joined November 2010
United States19574 Posts
September 25 2018 00:34 GMT
#3770
People around here are much less elitist. Today I wanted to split a mew2 raid into 2 groups but people thought I was stupid and new mew2 was too hard to split into groups. So lazy me is an elitist, even though I'm f2p and missed Dratini day and mareep day and lots of days.
Freeeeeeedom
Gahlo
Profile Joined February 2010
United States35174 Posts
September 25 2018 13:48 GMT
#3771
??? is officially named. It's Meltan.

Logo
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States7542 Posts
September 25 2018 13:54 GMT
#3772
It's so ugly. I know it wasn't just a glitch, but I was hoping the idea of like a 1/2 transformed ditto or something and we'd see the full form later.
Logo
Rehio
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1718 Posts
September 25 2018 16:28 GMT
#3773
Huh. In my mind, Mythical Pokemon are Big Deals. Seems strange to announce one in this way. Do you think it's Pokemon, Let's Go!'s mythical?

Kinda curious how they're viewing this from a design point, cause it's a bit of a variation.
KobraKay
Profile Joined March 2010
Portugal4389 Posts
September 25 2018 19:58 GMT
#3774
Just caught my first mewtwo today 2245 cp and a fire attack but still….at least I got one
CJ Fighting! (--.--)
Gahlo
Profile Joined February 2010
United States35174 Posts
September 25 2018 22:31 GMT
#3775
Against a neutral target, Flamethrower Mewtwo does the most damage out of "fire" attackers. 6th best against single weakness(Meganium), best against hybrid weakness(Venusuar), 9th best against double weakness(Abomasnow).
NrG.Bamboo
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
United States2756 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-09-26 07:24:20
September 26 2018 07:19 GMT
#3776
Got so lucky a couple of days ago. Hadn't played for several months, started back up when I got a new phone a few weeks ago. I drive to a nearby park to stock up on pokeballs after I get off work (just do a lap and go home) and notice a dozen or so cars parked illegally as I enter. So obviously, I became the baker's dozen illegally parked car since there was a mewtwo raid going on right there. I hop in 30~ seconds before raid starts, 14 other people in the party. Ezpz

I missed out on a lot of cool stuff so I'm glad I got the one that really matters lol.

Oh and I don't know the procedure to getting on that trainer code spreadsheet, so I'll just post:
ID EnergyBamboo
code 2097 2828 4570
I need to protect all your life you can enjoy the vibrant life of your battery
Gahlo
Profile Joined February 2010
United States35174 Posts
September 28 2018 00:37 GMT
#3777
EX raid monday, woo!
dAPhREAk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Nauru12397 Posts
September 28 2018 04:12 GMT
#3778
On September 28 2018 09:37 Gahlo wrote:
EX raid monday, woo!

two man it or bust....
cLutZ
Profile Joined November 2010
United States19574 Posts
September 28 2018 04:13 GMT
#3779
On September 28 2018 13:12 dAPhREAk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 28 2018 09:37 Gahlo wrote:
EX raid monday, woo!

two man it or bust....


I do have an ultra friend with 6 bite crunch TTars, but he got invited to a different raid.
Freeeeeeedom
Gahlo
Profile Joined February 2010
United States35174 Posts
September 28 2018 10:36 GMT
#3780
On September 28 2018 13:12 dAPhREAk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 28 2018 09:37 Gahlo wrote:
EX raid monday, woo!

two man it or bust....

Nah man, my pokes suuuuuck.
Prev 1 187 188 189 190 191 200 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
QMC Community Tournament 1
CranKy Ducklings77
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
CosmosSc2 44
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 1801
GuemChi 1608
Artosis 630
910 54
Bale 18
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm146
League of Legends
Doublelift3443
Counter-Strike
taco 32
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox269
Other Games
summit1g9031
shahzam628
JimRising 517
C9.Mang0346
PiGStarcraft305
Maynarde143
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick896
BasetradeTV192
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream29
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 120
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP71
• davetesta24
• Letter145
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
9h 5m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
10h 5m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
23h 5m
Patches Events
1d 15h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.