• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:54
CEST 14:54
KST 21:54
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)55Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8823 users

General Discussion - Page 149

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 147 148 149 150 151 176 Next
Please be advised:

We will be closing this General thread in 24 hours. It will remain searchable.

After that we will require new threads to discuss topics.

Questions should go in the stickied Q&A thread, screenshots and PotG will go in the PotG sticky, QQ/Rage/Complaints should go in the QQ/Rage thread. If you want to talk about maps or strategies open a new thread.

Any comments or concerns will be logged please forward them to ZeromuS. This new forum is still fluid so we will try this out. General TL rules will still apply to new threads.
thePunGun
Profile Blog Joined January 2016
598 Posts
April 17 2016 01:43 GMT
#2961
I love how people theorycraft about stuff and go on a random rant for no reason...no map packs have been announced, nothing to see here move along!
....I don't get people...people are weird. Wait I'm people....and I'm talking to myself.... in a post, that should have ended 2 sentences ago....guess I'm weird, too.. -.-
"You cannot teach a man anything, you can only help him find it within himself."
deth2munkies
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States4051 Posts
April 17 2016 03:17 GMT
#2962
On April 17 2016 08:44 Nyan wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 17 2016 08:11 Gorsameth wrote:
On April 17 2016 07:43 Nyan wrote:
I haven't followed the game at all. Is it a locked down call of duty / battlefield inspired by tf2 game?
By that I mean you can't host your own server. No modding support. No map editor.
It's 2016 and I'll never touch a game if it splits the community by releasing 15€ mappacks / characters.

My CPU is currently way to weak to play it decently anyways.

No servers, no mods, no editors no nothing. You take the game as Blizzard makes it or you don't get it.

Fortunately its Blizzard we are talking about so your not going to have to worry about map packs or any of that junk.


A shooter game without a community making maps isn't a game I'll ever get.
Well then it's a game I'll continue to ignore =)

bye!

So you haven't played shooters for like, 5 years?
Slaughter
Profile Blog Joined November 2003
United States20255 Posts
April 17 2016 04:08 GMT
#2963
I haven't played shooters for many years. I tried Overwatch out during this open stress test beta thing they are doing. Its fun but its somewhat marred by my comp not being really good enough to run it so its very laggy.

Also LoL has ruined me apparently because i'm so used to just using qwer and 123 for items so its been a lot of messing up with keys lol (not to mention using shift so much plus v for the melee atk....I keep pressing c). Also everytime I want to press my ultimate ability I usually hit R first before realizing I need to hit Q.

But its fun so far. I absolutely suck and don't know how to move or aim properly (made worse by the lag) but still having fun with it. I Like D.VA so far.
Never Knows Best.
DiracMonopole
Profile Joined May 2010
United States1555 Posts
April 17 2016 04:14 GMT
#2964
Tracer is more hilariously broken in the arcade mode.

With the doubled health, and recall on 3s cd, you cant die. You also have 1s cd on blink
DuB phool
Profile Joined April 2011
United States1003 Posts
April 17 2016 04:20 GMT
#2965
Aaaaaand it's over.

What a fun two days.
"overwatch is jesus" - motbob 2016
JimmyJRaynor
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada17886 Posts
April 17 2016 04:37 GMT
#2966
On April 17 2016 10:43 thePunGun wrote:
I love how people theorycraft about stuff and go on a random rant for no reason...no map packs have been announced, nothing to see here move along!
....I don't get people...people are weird. Wait I'm people....and I'm talking to myself.... in a post, that should have ended 2 sentences ago....guess I'm weird, too.. -.-


consumers do not make rational buying decisions,
Ray Kassar To David Crane : "you're no more important to Atari than the factory workers assembling the cartridges"
cha0
Profile Joined March 2010
Canada518 Posts
April 17 2016 07:05 GMT
#2967
On April 17 2016 13:08 Slaughter wrote:
I haven't played shooters for many years. I tried Overwatch out during this open stress test beta thing they are doing. Its fun but its somewhat marred by my comp not being really good enough to run it so its very laggy.

Also LoL has ruined me apparently because i'm so used to just using qwer and 123 for items so its been a lot of messing up with keys lol (not to mention using shift so much plus v for the melee atk....I keep pressing c). Also everytime I want to press my ultimate ability I usually hit R first before realizing I need to hit Q.

But its fun so far. I absolutely suck and don't know how to move or aim properly (made worse by the lag) but still having fun with it. I Like D.VA so far.


You can rebind any of the hotkeys in the game. I had a similar problem as well and rebound some of the abilities. I believe you can even do it per hero if you want instead of globally.
DCRed
Profile Joined May 2011
Finland435 Posts
April 17 2016 08:40 GMT
#2968
On April 17 2016 09:27 Blitzkrieg0 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 17 2016 08:33 Gorsameth wrote:
On April 17 2016 08:12 Blitzkrieg0 wrote:
On April 17 2016 08:11 Gorsameth wrote:
On April 17 2016 07:43 Nyan wrote:
I haven't followed the game at all. Is it a locked down call of duty / battlefield inspired by tf2 game?
By that I mean you can't host your own server. No modding support. No map editor.
It's 2016 and I'll never touch a game if it splits the community by releasing 15€ mappacks / characters.

My CPU is currently way to weak to play it decently anyways.

No servers, no mods, no editors no nothing. You take the game as Blizzard makes it or you don't get it.

Fortunately its Blizzard we are talking about so your not going to have to worry about map packs or any of that junk.


Can you say that with certainty after the Nova DLC?

And how does the Nova DLC effect the multiplayer in any way, shape or form?



Why you think Blizzard isn't capable of adding paid content for overwatch after adding it for legacy of the void? The fact that the Nova DLC isn't related to multiplayer is meaningless.


Because Blizzard already said all future maps and heroes will be free.
malcram
Profile Joined November 2010
2752 Posts
April 17 2016 09:00 GMT
#2969
yay, overwatch is playable again.
FaCE_1
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
Canada6185 Posts
April 17 2016 09:15 GMT
#2970
On April 17 2016 18:00 malcram wrote:
yay, overwatch is playable again.

you are sure ? I can't connect to it
n_n
malcram
Profile Joined November 2010
2752 Posts
April 17 2016 09:43 GMT
#2971
On April 17 2016 18:15 FaCE_1 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 17 2016 18:00 malcram wrote:
yay, overwatch is playable again.

you are sure ? I can't connect to it


oops. i meant, now that overwatch stress test is over. it's playable for me again. i have beta access. couldn't play at all during the stress test duration.
Dav1oN
Profile Joined January 2012
Ukraine3164 Posts
April 17 2016 10:18 GMT
#2972
On April 17 2016 13:20 DuB phool wrote:
Aaaaaand it's over.

What a fun two days.


4 hours, I was able to play only 4 hours

but also found tracer a bit imbalanced
In memory of Geoff "iNcontroL" Robinson 11.09.1985 - 21.07.2019 A tribute to incredible man, embodiment of joy, esports titan, starcraft community pillar all in one. You will always be remembered!
Swisslink
Profile Joined March 2011
2958 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-04-17 12:30:21
April 17 2016 12:29 GMT
#2973
On April 17 2016 17:40 DCRed wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 17 2016 09:27 Blitzkrieg0 wrote:
On April 17 2016 08:33 Gorsameth wrote:
On April 17 2016 08:12 Blitzkrieg0 wrote:
On April 17 2016 08:11 Gorsameth wrote:
On April 17 2016 07:43 Nyan wrote:
I haven't followed the game at all. Is it a locked down call of duty / battlefield inspired by tf2 game?
By that I mean you can't host your own server. No modding support. No map editor.
It's 2016 and I'll never touch a game if it splits the community by releasing 15€ mappacks / characters.

My CPU is currently way to weak to play it decently anyways.

No servers, no mods, no editors no nothing. You take the game as Blizzard makes it or you don't get it.

Fortunately its Blizzard we are talking about so your not going to have to worry about map packs or any of that junk.


Can you say that with certainty after the Nova DLC?

And how does the Nova DLC effect the multiplayer in any way, shape or form?



Why you think Blizzard isn't capable of adding paid content for overwatch after adding it for legacy of the void? The fact that the Nova DLC isn't related to multiplayer is meaningless.


Because Blizzard already said all future maps and heroes will be free.


When and where have they said that?
All I've heard was that they "don't know yet what kind of monetisation they're gonna use, but they think that, if there are gooing to be new heroes, they won't be necessary to have a balanced game". Which, in my opinion, means: They're definitely not gonna be for free.
Andre
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Slovenia3523 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-04-17 12:56:14
April 17 2016 12:55 GMT
#2974
Here's the video where they clarify their stance on heroes/maps being free etc. + Show Spoiler +


Good on blizzard tbh.
You must gather your party before venturing forth.
malcram
Profile Joined November 2010
2752 Posts
April 17 2016 12:58 GMT
#2975
On April 17 2016 21:29 Swisslink wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 17 2016 17:40 DCRed wrote:
On April 17 2016 09:27 Blitzkrieg0 wrote:
On April 17 2016 08:33 Gorsameth wrote:
On April 17 2016 08:12 Blitzkrieg0 wrote:
On April 17 2016 08:11 Gorsameth wrote:
On April 17 2016 07:43 Nyan wrote:
I haven't followed the game at all. Is it a locked down call of duty / battlefield inspired by tf2 game?
By that I mean you can't host your own server. No modding support. No map editor.
It's 2016 and I'll never touch a game if it splits the community by releasing 15€ mappacks / characters.

My CPU is currently way to weak to play it decently anyways.

No servers, no mods, no editors no nothing. You take the game as Blizzard makes it or you don't get it.

Fortunately its Blizzard we are talking about so your not going to have to worry about map packs or any of that junk.


Can you say that with certainty after the Nova DLC?

And how does the Nova DLC effect the multiplayer in any way, shape or form?



Why you think Blizzard isn't capable of adding paid content for overwatch after adding it for legacy of the void? The fact that the Nova DLC isn't related to multiplayer is meaningless.


Because Blizzard already said all future maps and heroes will be free.


When and where have they said that?
All I've heard was that they "don't know yet what kind of monetisation they're gonna use, but they think that, if there are gooing to be new heroes, they won't be necessary to have a balanced game". Which, in my opinion, means: They're definitely not gonna be for free.


https://youtu.be/OKG8Yx6F7uc?t=33

"Patch them in as free content and not as DLC"
KiF1rE
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States964 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-04-17 13:04:19
April 17 2016 13:02 GMT
#2976
On April 17 2016 12:17 deth2munkies wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 17 2016 08:44 Nyan wrote:
On April 17 2016 08:11 Gorsameth wrote:
On April 17 2016 07:43 Nyan wrote:
I haven't followed the game at all. Is it a locked down call of duty / battlefield inspired by tf2 game?
By that I mean you can't host your own server. No modding support. No map editor.
It's 2016 and I'll never touch a game if it splits the community by releasing 15€ mappacks / characters.

My CPU is currently way to weak to play it decently anyways.

No servers, no mods, no editors no nothing. You take the game as Blizzard makes it or you don't get it.

Fortunately its Blizzard we are talking about so your not going to have to worry about map packs or any of that junk.


A shooter game without a community making maps isn't a game I'll ever get.
Well then it's a game I'll continue to ignore =)

bye!

So you haven't played shooters for like, 5 years?


I havent played shooters more than a few times since Quake and Unreal tournament essentially died... so way more than 5 years for me... Did install overwatch over the weekend, never got to play it though, wondering if it's still showing I have access after the open beta ended if it's still playable.
deth2munkies
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States4051 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-04-17 13:31:24
April 17 2016 13:29 GMT
#2977
On April 17 2016 22:02 KiF1rE wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 17 2016 12:17 deth2munkies wrote:
On April 17 2016 08:44 Nyan wrote:
On April 17 2016 08:11 Gorsameth wrote:
On April 17 2016 07:43 Nyan wrote:
I haven't followed the game at all. Is it a locked down call of duty / battlefield inspired by tf2 game?
By that I mean you can't host your own server. No modding support. No map editor.
It's 2016 and I'll never touch a game if it splits the community by releasing 15€ mappacks / characters.

My CPU is currently way to weak to play it decently anyways.

No servers, no mods, no editors no nothing. You take the game as Blizzard makes it or you don't get it.

Fortunately its Blizzard we are talking about so your not going to have to worry about map packs or any of that junk.


A shooter game without a community making maps isn't a game I'll ever get.
Well then it's a game I'll continue to ignore =)

bye!

So you haven't played shooters for like, 5 years?


I havent played shooters more than a few times since Quake and Unreal tournament essentially died... so way more than 5 years for me... Did install overwatch over the weekend, never got to play it though, wondering if it's still showing I have access after the open beta ended if it's still playable.


No, if you had it for the stress test you won't be able to connect to the servers.
DarkPlasmaBall
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States46478 Posts
April 17 2016 13:44 GMT
#2978
On April 17 2016 21:55 Andre wrote:
Here's the video where they clarify their stance on heroes/maps being free etc. + Show Spoiler +
https://youtu.be/OKG8Yx6F7uc


Good on blizzard tbh.


Really nice video, and they've already implemented a lot of those minor features he was talking about.

What's the point of the final cards that you vote on at the end of the game though? I get that it's a little extra recognition/ pride boost for you, but is there any in-game benefit? Is it related to extra XP or loot boxes or other things?
"There is nothing more satisfying than looking at a crowd of people and helping them get what I love." ~Day[9] Daily #100
Gorsameth
Profile Joined April 2010
Netherlands22628 Posts
April 17 2016 13:46 GMT
#2979
On April 17 2016 22:44 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 17 2016 21:55 Andre wrote:
Here's the video where they clarify their stance on heroes/maps being free etc. + Show Spoiler +
https://youtu.be/OKG8Yx6F7uc


Good on blizzard tbh.


Really nice video, and they've already implemented a lot of those minor features he was talking about.

What's the point of the final cards that you vote on at the end of the game though? I get that it's a little extra recognition/ pride boost for you, but is there any in-game benefit? Is it related to extra XP or loot boxes or other things?

It has entirely no consequence, just a little "I think you did good" praise.
It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death
Nyan
Profile Joined April 2015
Germany1931 Posts
April 17 2016 14:21 GMT
#2980
On April 17 2016 12:17 deth2munkies wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 17 2016 08:44 Nyan wrote:
On April 17 2016 08:11 Gorsameth wrote:
On April 17 2016 07:43 Nyan wrote:
I haven't followed the game at all. Is it a locked down call of duty / battlefield inspired by tf2 game?
By that I mean you can't host your own server. No modding support. No map editor.
It's 2016 and I'll never touch a game if it splits the community by releasing 15€ mappacks / characters.

My CPU is currently way to weak to play it decently anyways.

No servers, no mods, no editors no nothing. You take the game as Blizzard makes it or you don't get it.

Fortunately its Blizzard we are talking about so your not going to have to worry about map packs or any of that junk.


A shooter game without a community making maps isn't a game I'll ever get.
Well then it's a game I'll continue to ignore =)

bye!

So you haven't played shooters for like, 5 years?


I still play TF2, CS 1.6, Insurgency and some CSGO. Other than that I only play Dota2, Awesomenauts and WC3.
I'm a competetive multiplayer only guy and call of duty was good when it was Cod 1 and 2. IIRC Cod4 had a promod which made the game enjoyable but I got that for free.
?=・ェ・=) oʞǝu (^=˃ᆺ˂) oʞǝu (=xェx=) oʞǝu (=^-ω-^=) ( ⓛ ω ⓛ *) oʞǝu (ㅇㅅㅇ❀) oʞǝu (=ↀωↀ=)✧ oʞǝu (=・ェ・=?
Prev 1 147 148 149 150 151 176 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 6m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko478
ProTech153
Rex 48
SteadfastSC 5
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 51799
Bisu 1945
Horang2 1193
Hyuk 530
BeSt 432
Soma 394
Mini 365
Light 304
EffOrt 303
Larva 240
[ Show more ]
Rush 147
ZerO 135
Mong 112
Leta 82
Barracks 81
Sea.KH 64
Snow 57
Pusan 54
ToSsGirL 49
Shinee 39
Mind 39
Aegong 31
JYJ 24
Bale 22
Sexy 22
Yoon 21
sorry 21
Noble 12
Terrorterran 12
Icarus 9
ajuk12(nOOB) 8
Dota 2
Gorgc3980
XaKoH 357
Counter-Strike
Fnx 533
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes1409
Khaldor1139
Other Games
gofns38074
singsing2249
olofmeister1329
B2W.Neo459
hiko288
Livibee188
Mew2King78
ArmadaUGS48
Liquid`VortiX27
ZerO(Twitch)10
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream205
StarCraft 2
TaKeTV 58
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 10
StarCraft 2
ComeBackTV 3
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH192
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 19
• FirePhoenix6
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
6m
OSC
9h 6m
CranKy Ducklings
21h 6m
Online Event
22h 6m
FEL
1d 3h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 4h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 6h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 21h
INu's Battles
1d 23h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.