• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:44
CEST 20:44
KST 03:44
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9430 users

Liquid Smash Brothers Melee - Page 22

Forum Index > General Games
720 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 20 21 22 23 24 37 Next All
EAGER-beaver
Profile Joined March 2004
Canada2799 Posts
March 18 2014 23:04 GMT
#421
SICK CITY OVERLOAD

I watched the smash documentary a year or so ago, had no idea the game was so amazing, so happy about tl branching off into it even if I've never played the game. It's a ton of fun to watch, and the parallel with bw makes it a natural fit for TL.
Simon and Garfunkel rock my face off
Airking990
Profile Blog Joined July 2012
United States193 Posts
March 18 2014 23:07 GMT
#422
I came when i heard about this... I love TL even more now
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Magnet
Profile Joined February 2014
United States77 Posts
March 18 2014 23:11 GMT
#423
Holy crap, Ken is playing again? Old school dudes right here.
Tutorials for all races! youtube.com/user/CommunitySC2
Noocta
Profile Joined June 2010
France12578 Posts
March 18 2014 23:12 GMT
#424
On March 19 2014 07:46 bo1b wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 19 2014 07:38 Noocta wrote:
On March 19 2014 07:34 bo1b wrote:
On March 19 2014 07:29 SolidMoose wrote:
I never would have guessed this would happen in a million years, but it's awesome. Although I'm sad all over again this game never got to be put online, especially with the much improved netcode fighting games have had lately. I would play it everyday.

Could Melee ever really be done over the internet? It's such a quick game, where people don't play on lcds because there is a frame or so of lag on them, that I just can't see a reality in which there isn't too much lag to play over the internet. Every 16.66.. ms is equivalent to 1 frames delay just by the by, and I just can't see a solution that would work to get rid of it.

But holy shit I wish there was one, I'd love to be able to play online :D


People hit 1 frame links online.
People play KOF 13 online.

It's not ideal conditions but heh..

I'm going to piss people off with this but meh... melee is way way way way faster then kof, sf4, mvsc. Not that they don't have things requiring frame perfect timings either. How on earth do you play a fighter with 14 frames of lag


I'm a SF4 player and I agree with you. Melee is frantic and way faster. It's pretty close to kof13 tho as far as rhythm goes.
But heh, not having a strong online mean people try to get together more. If you have the drive of the Smash community, it's not the lack of online play that will stop you.

" I'm not gonna fight you. I'm gonna kick your ass ! "
phoenixfeather95
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
665 Posts
March 18 2014 23:17 GMT
#425
OMG OMG OMG

after watching the legendary documentary, I've always been huuuge fans of these two dudes. SICK PICKUP
@dbrisingr
RandomAccount#282689
Profile Joined September 2012
42 Posts
March 18 2014 23:18 GMT
#426
--- Nuked ---
julianto
Profile Joined December 2010
2292 Posts
March 18 2014 23:24 GMT
#427
THIS IS THE FIRST TIME I'M ACTUALLY THRILLED BY A TL ANNOUNCEMENT. WWWWWWWWWTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF *HEART ATTACK*
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Goibon
Profile Joined May 2010
New Zealand8185 Posts
March 18 2014 23:29 GMT
#428
I don't even know what the fuck but this is kinda awesome

i played melee like a decade ago and like idk i can't help but be excited?
Leenock =^_^= Ryung =^_^= Parting =^_^= herO =^_^= Guilty
Supert0fu
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States499 Posts
March 18 2014 23:32 GMT
#429
OMG THE HYPEEEEEEE
RaiKageRyu
Profile Joined August 2009
Canada4773 Posts
March 18 2014 23:33 GMT
#430
Best News TL has announced in ages. My favorite player has strong motivation to come back now.

That Documentary was powerful stuff. When I finished watching that months ago, I got everyone I could to start playing melee again with me.
Someone call down the Thunder?
bo1b
Profile Blog Joined August 2012
Australia12814 Posts
March 18 2014 23:38 GMT
#431
On March 19 2014 08:12 Noocta wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 19 2014 07:46 bo1b wrote:
On March 19 2014 07:38 Noocta wrote:
On March 19 2014 07:34 bo1b wrote:
On March 19 2014 07:29 SolidMoose wrote:
I never would have guessed this would happen in a million years, but it's awesome. Although I'm sad all over again this game never got to be put online, especially with the much improved netcode fighting games have had lately. I would play it everyday.

Could Melee ever really be done over the internet? It's such a quick game, where people don't play on lcds because there is a frame or so of lag on them, that I just can't see a reality in which there isn't too much lag to play over the internet. Every 16.66.. ms is equivalent to 1 frames delay just by the by, and I just can't see a solution that would work to get rid of it.

But holy shit I wish there was one, I'd love to be able to play online :D


People hit 1 frame links online.
People play KOF 13 online.

It's not ideal conditions but heh..

I'm going to piss people off with this but meh... melee is way way way way faster then kof, sf4, mvsc. Not that they don't have things requiring frame perfect timings either. How on earth do you play a fighter with 14 frames of lag


I'm a SF4 player and I agree with you. Melee is frantic and way faster. It's pretty close to kof13 tho as far as rhythm goes.
But heh, not having a strong online mean people try to get together more. If you have the drive of the Smash community, it's not the lack of online play that will stop you.


oh lol... kof 13 refers to the version number , I assumed he was talking about having 13 frames of lag. Whoops
sagi
Profile Joined October 2011
Finland346 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-03-18 23:40:58
March 18 2014 23:40 GMT
#432
On March 19 2014 08:12 Noocta wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 19 2014 07:46 bo1b wrote:
On March 19 2014 07:38 Noocta wrote:
On March 19 2014 07:34 bo1b wrote:
On March 19 2014 07:29 SolidMoose wrote:
I never would have guessed this would happen in a million years, but it's awesome. Although I'm sad all over again this game never got to be put online, especially with the much improved netcode fighting games have had lately. I would play it everyday.

Could Melee ever really be done over the internet? It's such a quick game, where people don't play on lcds because there is a frame or so of lag on them, that I just can't see a reality in which there isn't too much lag to play over the internet. Every 16.66.. ms is equivalent to 1 frames delay just by the by, and I just can't see a solution that would work to get rid of it.

But holy shit I wish there was one, I'd love to be able to play online :D


People hit 1 frame links online.
People play KOF 13 online.

It's not ideal conditions but heh..

I'm going to piss people off with this but meh... melee is way way way way faster then kof, sf4, mvsc. Not that they don't have things requiring frame perfect timings either. How on earth do you play a fighter with 14 frames of lag


I'm a SF4 player and I agree with you. Melee is frantic and way faster. It's pretty close to kof13 tho as far as rhythm goes.
But heh, not having a strong online mean people try to get together more. If you have the drive of the Smash community, it's not the lack of online play that will stop you.



Sorry for my ignorance, but how do you practice this game (or other fighting games) as a progamer if online is out of the question?

Naturally you can start playing with your friends in the beginning. The problem I see is when you start to get really good, do you just pray there's another talent living in your neighborhood? Do these gamers have team houses? Can you train against an AI to some extent?
hi patrik!
Thrillz
Profile Joined May 2012
4313 Posts
March 18 2014 23:44 GMT
#433
[image loading]

Seriously sick stuff, hope it's only the beginning.

User was warned for this post
SolidMoose
Profile Joined June 2011
United States1240 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-03-18 23:50:40
March 18 2014 23:46 GMT
#434
On March 19 2014 08:12 Noocta wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 19 2014 07:46 bo1b wrote:
On March 19 2014 07:38 Noocta wrote:
On March 19 2014 07:34 bo1b wrote:
On March 19 2014 07:29 SolidMoose wrote:
I never would have guessed this would happen in a million years, but it's awesome. Although I'm sad all over again this game never got to be put online, especially with the much improved netcode fighting games have had lately. I would play it everyday.

Could Melee ever really be done over the internet? It's such a quick game, where people don't play on lcds because there is a frame or so of lag on them, that I just can't see a reality in which there isn't too much lag to play over the internet. Every 16.66.. ms is equivalent to 1 frames delay just by the by, and I just can't see a solution that would work to get rid of it.

But holy shit I wish there was one, I'd love to be able to play online :D


People hit 1 frame links online.
People play KOF 13 online.

It's not ideal conditions but heh..

I'm going to piss people off with this but meh... melee is way way way way faster then kof, sf4, mvsc. Not that they don't have things requiring frame perfect timings either. How on earth do you play a fighter with 14 frames of lag


I'm a SF4 player and I agree with you. Melee is frantic and way faster. It's pretty close to kof13 tho as far as rhythm goes.
But heh, not having a strong online mean people try to get together more. If you have the drive of the Smash community, it's not the lack of online play that will stop you.



EDIT- When I said online I don't mean the crap that currently exists. I mean something actually decent like modern fighters have which ARE playable with 1 frame timings as others have mentioned.

When you have a full time job and/or don't live in a good smash area it does make a difference. Online play is also one of those things that lets new players who have never touched it get a taste of it. Otherwise most people don't get to really enjoy the right level of competition. I mean, try imagining BW without online.
Shikyo
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Finland33997 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-03-18 23:51:25
March 18 2014 23:47 GMT
#435
Lovely.

Funny how Nintendo doesn't see the value in 130k viewers.
League of Legends EU West, Platinum III | Yousei Teikoku is the best thing that has ever happened to music.
EchOne
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
United States2906 Posts
March 18 2014 23:47 GMT
#436
On March 19 2014 08:40 sagi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 19 2014 08:12 Noocta wrote:
On March 19 2014 07:46 bo1b wrote:
On March 19 2014 07:38 Noocta wrote:
On March 19 2014 07:34 bo1b wrote:
On March 19 2014 07:29 SolidMoose wrote:
I never would have guessed this would happen in a million years, but it's awesome. Although I'm sad all over again this game never got to be put online, especially with the much improved netcode fighting games have had lately. I would play it everyday.

Could Melee ever really be done over the internet? It's such a quick game, where people don't play on lcds because there is a frame or so of lag on them, that I just can't see a reality in which there isn't too much lag to play over the internet. Every 16.66.. ms is equivalent to 1 frames delay just by the by, and I just can't see a solution that would work to get rid of it.

But holy shit I wish there was one, I'd love to be able to play online :D


People hit 1 frame links online.
People play KOF 13 online.

It's not ideal conditions but heh..

I'm going to piss people off with this but meh... melee is way way way way faster then kof, sf4, mvsc. Not that they don't have things requiring frame perfect timings either. How on earth do you play a fighter with 14 frames of lag


I'm a SF4 player and I agree with you. Melee is frantic and way faster. It's pretty close to kof13 tho as far as rhythm goes.
But heh, not having a strong online mean people try to get together more. If you have the drive of the Smash community, it's not the lack of online play that will stop you.



Sorry for my ignorance, but how do you practice this game (or other fighting games) as a progamer if online is out of the question?

Naturally you can start playing with your friends in the beginning. The problem I see is when you start to get really good, do you just pray there's another talent living in your neighborhood? Do these gamers have team houses? Can you train against an AI to some extent?

Generally your best practice resource are the people geographically nearby. Today, with modern social media, finding players and events is not difficult, though obviously some areas have a higher density of competitive players than others. I don't know of team houses at the moment.

Other people have mentioned how online is suboptimal, and the AI is too weak to even approach practice.
面白くない世の中, 面白くすればいいさ
tofucake
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Hyrule19259 Posts
March 18 2014 23:50 GMT
#437
On March 19 2014 08:40 sagi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 19 2014 08:12 Noocta wrote:
On March 19 2014 07:46 bo1b wrote:
On March 19 2014 07:38 Noocta wrote:
On March 19 2014 07:34 bo1b wrote:
On March 19 2014 07:29 SolidMoose wrote:
I never would have guessed this would happen in a million years, but it's awesome. Although I'm sad all over again this game never got to be put online, especially with the much improved netcode fighting games have had lately. I would play it everyday.

Could Melee ever really be done over the internet? It's such a quick game, where people don't play on lcds because there is a frame or so of lag on them, that I just can't see a reality in which there isn't too much lag to play over the internet. Every 16.66.. ms is equivalent to 1 frames delay just by the by, and I just can't see a solution that would work to get rid of it.

But holy shit I wish there was one, I'd love to be able to play online :D


People hit 1 frame links online.
People play KOF 13 online.

It's not ideal conditions but heh..

I'm going to piss people off with this but meh... melee is way way way way faster then kof, sf4, mvsc. Not that they don't have things requiring frame perfect timings either. How on earth do you play a fighter with 14 frames of lag


I'm a SF4 player and I agree with you. Melee is frantic and way faster. It's pretty close to kof13 tho as far as rhythm goes.
But heh, not having a strong online mean people try to get together more. If you have the drive of the Smash community, it's not the lack of online play that will stop you.



Sorry for my ignorance, but how do you practice this game (or other fighting games) as a progamer if online is out of the question?

Naturally you can start playing with your friends in the beginning. The problem I see is when you start to get really good, do you just pray there's another talent living in your neighborhood? Do these gamers have team houses? Can you train against an AI to some extent?

Crews. People play together often for fun (friendlies). Local tournaments happen all the time, and there were frequently larger gatherings for "why the hell not" (like Chudat's biweeklies). People money match each other all the time. Melee is entirely a LAN game. Back in the first Golden Age of Melee there were major LANs almost every month, in addition to the smaller LANs that happened every weekend.
Liquipediaasante sana squash banana
DarkNetHunter
Profile Joined October 2012
1224 Posts
March 18 2014 23:50 GMT
#438
Woo, the first game since broodwar that Liquid has picked up worth following!

Can't wait to the guys performing at EVO or MLG!

Learn from the mistakes of others. You can't live long enough to make them all yourself.
Tufas
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Austria2259 Posts
March 18 2014 23:51 GMT
#439
Sigh, I shall watch this "smash brothers melee"
Where is my ACE flair
G
Profile Joined May 2004
Canada69 Posts
March 18 2014 23:51 GMT
#440
After watching the documentaries, I've been tuning in to SSB streams when they are on.
This is awesome! I can't wait to see them compete as part of Team Liquid.
Good luck to Team Liquid, Ken and KoreanDJ!
Prev 1 20 21 22 23 24 37 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 5h 16m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 423
ProTech143
UpATreeSC 119
BRAT_OK 116
Railgan 24
MindelVK 23
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 2055
Bisu 993
Shuttle 146
Dewaltoss 111
Trap 29
Bale 25
scan(afreeca) 16
Dota 2
XaKoH 581
420jenkins421
Counter-Strike
fl0m4713
pashabiceps825
Fnx 635
x6flipin199
kRYSTAL_21
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3405
Liquid`Hasu551
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi1730
FrodaN902
B2W.Neo348
Livibee184
C9.Mang0150
TKL 97
QueenE81
RotterdaM56
Mew2King34
ToD22
JuggernautJason13
Organizations
Other Games
WardiTV242
BasetradeTV190
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream30
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Reevou 8
• Adnapsc2 6
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 41
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2638
• TFBlade787
Other Games
• Shiphtur937
• imaqtpie721
• WagamamaTV352
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
5h 16m
Patches Events
21h 16m
The PondCast
1d 15h
INu's Battles
1d 16h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.