• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:55
CEST 07:55
KST 14:55
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6098 users

Liquid Smash Brothers Melee - Page 21

Forum Index > General Games
720 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 19 20 21 22 23 37 Next All
Noocta
Profile Joined June 2010
France12578 Posts
March 18 2014 22:37 GMT
#401
On March 19 2014 07:18 The_Red_Viper wrote:
so the important questions for me is,
Is there a korean melee scene? :D


Most Fighting games premiere scene is America.
There's players from all around but the broadcasted tournaments are 99% of the time in the US.
" I'm not gonna fight you. I'm gonna kick your ass ! "
Cimba
Profile Joined March 2011
Germany20 Posts
March 18 2014 22:37 GMT
#402
Well, I just watched the entire documentary and I can see why it would fit into TL. Can we expect some content/event coverage for smash on TL?
Noocta
Profile Joined June 2010
France12578 Posts
March 18 2014 22:38 GMT
#403
On March 19 2014 07:34 bo1b wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 19 2014 07:29 SolidMoose wrote:
I never would have guessed this would happen in a million years, but it's awesome. Although I'm sad all over again this game never got to be put online, especially with the much improved netcode fighting games have had lately. I would play it everyday.

Could Melee ever really be done over the internet? It's such a quick game, where people don't play on lcds because there is a frame or so of lag on them, that I just can't see a reality in which there isn't too much lag to play over the internet. Every 16.66.. ms is equivalent to 1 frames delay just by the by, and I just can't see a solution that would work to get rid of it.

But holy shit I wish there was one, I'd love to be able to play online :D


People hit 1 frame links online.
People play KOF 13 online.

It's not ideal conditions but heh..
" I'm not gonna fight you. I'm gonna kick your ass ! "
WickedEye
Profile Joined January 2014
Poland9 Posts
March 18 2014 22:39 GMT
#404
ee? i have selected only sc2, why i'am seeing this?? fix it !!!!
TL najgorsze comunity na świecie
Darkhorse
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
United States23455 Posts
March 18 2014 22:40 GMT
#405
Quickly applying to be a TL writer for SSB haha
WriterRecently Necro'd (?)
EnumaAvalon
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
Philippines3613 Posts
March 18 2014 22:41 GMT
#406
WOW! I watched the documentary Smash Brothers and I have to say, I love this.
(._.) ( l: ) ( .-. ) ( :l ) (._.) They see me rolling. They hating.
sc4k
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United Kingdom5454 Posts
March 18 2014 22:42 GMT
#407
Playing over the internet is cool but I have a feeling that one of the things that really makes a scene special and close knit is the fact that you are forced to game socially face to face in order to get better. To be honest isn't that really what happened for BW in all the PC Bangs in SK that really made it take off. The social aspect is boss, tourneys and smashfests are SO much fun. The old school element of 4 players sitting around the same screen is great imo . So I wouldn't worry hugely about playing on the internet...
Ktk
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Korea (South)753 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-03-18 22:46:32
March 18 2014 22:43 GMT
#408
Playing Smash bros online is "illegal" because you need an emulator to do it. Here's a link. The lag is pretty extreme. You can't play people too far away. e.g. west coast region doesn't play south region doesn't play east coast.
http://smashboards.com/threads/dolphin-online-melee-netplay.335432/

There's an IRC chat that people use to find matches here:
https://qchat.rizon.net/?channels=dolphin-ssbm&uio=Nz10cnVlJjk9MzU3fe

You're looking at equal-to-or-worse-than-LCD-display-like lag with the 50ms delay. Since I have no CRT at the moment I've been on dolphin solo teching and I believe there is lag without internet as well.

I sometimes play, west coast, "desktop" on irc yay playing random people
bo1b
Profile Blog Joined August 2012
Australia12814 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-03-18 22:47:47
March 18 2014 22:46 GMT
#409
On March 19 2014 07:38 Noocta wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 19 2014 07:34 bo1b wrote:
On March 19 2014 07:29 SolidMoose wrote:
I never would have guessed this would happen in a million years, but it's awesome. Although I'm sad all over again this game never got to be put online, especially with the much improved netcode fighting games have had lately. I would play it everyday.

Could Melee ever really be done over the internet? It's such a quick game, where people don't play on lcds because there is a frame or so of lag on them, that I just can't see a reality in which there isn't too much lag to play over the internet. Every 16.66.. ms is equivalent to 1 frames delay just by the by, and I just can't see a solution that would work to get rid of it.

But holy shit I wish there was one, I'd love to be able to play online :D


People hit 1 frame links online.
People play KOF 13 online.

It's not ideal conditions but heh..

I'm going to piss people off with this but meh... melee is way way way way faster then kof, sf4, mvsc. Not that they don't have things requiring frame perfect timings either. How on earth do you play a fighter with 14 frames of lag
Zoler
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Sweden6339 Posts
March 18 2014 22:50 GMT
#410
The lag online isn't really extreme if you play people that are pretty close!

Still useful since you can play people can otherwise couldn't really visit everyday.
Lim Yo Hwan forever!
Qntc.YuMe
Profile Joined January 2011
United States792 Posts
March 18 2014 22:52 GMT
#411
lol didnt see this coming
Ettick
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States2434 Posts
March 18 2014 22:52 GMT
#412
WOW holy shit this is amazing!
Ktk
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Korea (South)753 Posts
March 18 2014 22:54 GMT
#413
Yeah it's not bad in the large scale of things but you're still looking at 30ms ping best case ><
ffadicted
Profile Joined January 2011
United States3545 Posts
March 18 2014 22:54 GMT
#414
Amazing
Pick up hungrybox pls for jiggly power
SooYoung-Noona!
thekoalaz
Profile Joined October 2011
United States109 Posts
March 18 2014 23:00 GMT
#415
So pumped. Gotta bring out my gamecube from storage.
bo1b
Profile Blog Joined August 2012
Australia12814 Posts
March 18 2014 23:02 GMT
#416
On March 19 2014 07:50 Zoler wrote:
The lag online isn't really extreme if you play people that are pretty close!

So it's pretty ok if you lived in a developed nation with a high pop. density :\

fuck australia lol
Ragnarok_1er
Profile Joined September 2011
France45 Posts
March 18 2014 23:02 GMT
#417
That's so cool, it makes me really happy. Great games never die
900 points masters random player.
Names
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Canada328 Posts
March 18 2014 23:02 GMT
#418
OH MY GOD
fishbowl
Profile Joined January 2010
United States1575 Posts
March 18 2014 23:02 GMT
#419
This came out of left field. I enjoy fighting games, but not so much into Smash. Cool pick up though; congrats to the players.
JCanon
Profile Joined March 2014
Canada11 Posts
March 18 2014 23:02 GMT
#420
On March 19 2014 07:43 Ktk wrote:
Playing Smash bros online is "illegal" because you need an emulator to do it.

Last I remember, legal status talks about the files themselves that you open in the emulators, not the emulator itself. If you just use a copy of melee that you own, you'll be fine.
Prev 1 19 20 21 22 23 37 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 5h 5m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nina 136
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2288
GuemChi 611
Snow 142
Leta 134
Bale 28
Noble 16
ajuk12(nOOB) 13
Icarus 9
Dota 2
febbydoto23
League of Legends
JimRising 636
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King178
Other Games
summit1g7116
C9.Mang0255
WinterStarcraft208
Sick161
ViBE82
Trikslyr33
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick508
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream38
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Letter147
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki20
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2172
League of Legends
• Lourlo1366
• Stunt442
Other Games
• Shiphtur488
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
5h 5m
Patches Events
10h 5m
The PondCast
1d 4h
INu's Battles
1d 5h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 16h
Replay Cast
1d 17h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.