• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:29
CEST 11:29
KST 18:29
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)55Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9833 users

Fighting Games 2013-14 [FGC] - Page 8

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 60 Next
Mannerheim
Profile Joined April 2007
766 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-02 18:37:23
April 02 2013 18:09 GMT
#141
Injustice demo is out today on PSN, tomorrow on XBL. Check it out people, the game is hella fun.

I'll make a thread for the game soon-ish.

edit: seems to be out on XBL already now
Risen
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States7927 Posts
April 02 2013 18:14 GMT
#142
Injustice suffers from the same problems Mortal Kombat and Tekken have, in my opinion... the hits don't "register" well and the animations are clunky :<

Like... street fighter II on the damn super nintendo had better flow than either of those games. Wtf devs?
Pufftrees Everyday>its like a rifter that just used X-Factor/Liquid'Nony: I hope no one lip read XD/Holyflare>it's like policy lynching but better/Resident Los Angeles bachelor
Noocta
Profile Joined June 2010
France12578 Posts
April 02 2013 18:25 GMT
#143
It suck being a new Fighting game fan but only having a PC
" I'm not gonna fight you. I'm gonna kick your ass ! "
Trumpet
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States1936 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-02 18:47:50
April 02 2013 18:43 GMT
#144
Final Round was the most fun weekend I've had in a long time. Pools were run almost perfectly. Got to play almost everyone there in kof except Xian, and did surprisingly ok against most. Losing to Reynald's random select definitely put me in my place though. Got 100% bodied by the djhuoshen XFactor afterwards D: The cafeID guys are awesome. I think I'm on their facebook page.
Ended up beating nerdjosh but losing to Xray in my marvel pools and getting bopped in tekken 0-2 lol

Great tournament, great experience. Only regret is I didnt track down more TL dudes.
Corvi
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
Germany1406 Posts
April 02 2013 18:53 GMT
#145
On April 03 2013 03:25 Noocta wrote:
It suck being a new Fighting game fan but only having a PC


we got sf4 and the pc community is quite alright there. no one play marvel in europe anyway.
Cel.erity
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States4890 Posts
April 03 2013 00:11 GMT
#146
On April 03 2013 03:14 Risen wrote:
Injustice suffers from the same problems Mortal Kombat and Tekken have, in my opinion... the hits don't "register" well and the animations are clunky :<

Like... street fighter II on the damn super nintendo had better flow than either of those games. Wtf devs?


Well, Injustice is very much improved in this department. I'll copy what I posted on another forum:

So I messed with the demo a bit, here is what I found.

+: Each character has a Drive button like BB. It's definitely not as in-depth, but it's still a cool feature.
+: Meter builds pretty quickly, some moves have FB and FRC versions which are all activated after the move actually comes out, which is pretty cool (you won't waste meter whiffing a FB move).
+: Compared to MK9, the game moves a lot more fluidly. Controls are responsive, hitboxes and recovery time are logical, and it feels like the neutral game actually has some play to it.
+: Lots of moves are + or safe on block. There are also some quick overheads and lows to mix up with. It's not lolVSav level, but it's nice that they're trying to make it harder to defend.

-: It's characteristically slow. Slower than SF4 for sure.
-: There doesn't appear to be anything remotely technical in the game; I can't see very many matches coming down to execution errors or amazing reactions/confirms, which means less hype.
-: Nothing that I found can be jump or dash cancelled, and normals only gatling in very specific chains, which makes pressure really stale and is one of the major problems in MK games in general. Also, because of this specificity and lack of a magic series, figuring out your character's gatlings is going to be like memorizing a schizophrenic's acid-induced flowchart.

?: I was unable to find any tight links, but that doesn't necessarily mean they don't exist. If there are some insane link combos, that might raise the execution level of the game. There might also be some crazy juggle/background combos.

Yeah, so overall it's definitely going to be much, much better than MK9, the footsies look interesting with so many characters having strong zoning and so much space being on the screen. I'm not sure if there will be enough reward for rushdown characters getting in though. This, combined with the lack of execution reward, tells me the series still isn't ready for competitive play, but at least it doesn't look too bad to play casually.
We found Dove in a soapless place.
Trumpet
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States1936 Posts
April 03 2013 07:36 GMT
#147
Do fireballs still go through each other like MK or cancel each other out like everything else ever?
Mannerheim
Profile Joined April 2007
766 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-03 07:55:12
April 03 2013 07:53 GMT
#148
The speed depends a lot on the character, and two out of the three playable characters in the demo are really slow on the ground. Batman mirrors can be rather speedy/hectic (just try it against the very hard AI).

In regards to execution, dial-a-combos are brainless, but the difficulty comes from combo extensions (meter or trait cancels, juggles/bounces).

I'm guessing high-level matches will resemble more Marvel than SF, with lots of movement around the stage and fishing for that one hit that'll start your 40-50% combo, instead of gradually chipping away the health bar.
SayaSP
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
Laos5494 Posts
April 03 2013 08:29 GMT
#149
I saw Trumpet beat NerdJosh 3-0 with vergilstrider
[iHs]SSP | I-NO-KI BOM-BA-YE | のヮの http://tinyurl.com/MLIStheCV , MLIS.
Lucumo
Profile Joined January 2010
6850 Posts
April 03 2013 09:06 GMT
#150
On April 03 2013 03:53 Corvi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 03 2013 03:25 Noocta wrote:
It suck being a new Fighting game fan but only having a PC


we got sf4 and the pc community is quite alright there. no one play marvel in europe anyway.

We also got emulators.
sung_moon
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States10110 Posts
April 03 2013 14:24 GMT
#151
On April 03 2013 17:29 SayaSP wrote:
I saw Trumpet beat NerdJosh 3-0 with vergilstrider


yo ugh

Also I knew Xian came from a KOF background/plays 13 quite well, but I didn't know he was this good.
Forever Young
Trumpet
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States1936 Posts
April 03 2013 19:26 GMT
#152
On April 03 2013 17:29 SayaSP wrote:
I saw Trumpet beat NerdJosh 3-0 with vergilstrider


I like to pretend my Cap does most the work D: We're randomly in one of the Put That Back photos on facebook during marvel top 8. Pretty sure it's when RayRay was losing though because everyone looks sad.
sung_moon
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States10110 Posts
April 04 2013 05:55 GMT
#153


Ahha
Forever Young
Trumpet
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States1936 Posts
April 04 2013 06:41 GMT
#154
; ; My lack of kensou experience showed pretty bad there, jumping into fireball traps all day. I will be more solid (and probably have a different character than ex Kyo) at evo! Kensouzzang is a baller tho so I can't get mad at him
RagequitBM
Profile Joined November 2011
Canada2270 Posts
April 04 2013 06:55 GMT
#155
It's okay. The one KoF event I watched a while ago, I saw Kensouzzang all kill some people with his king. So you did better than those guys! Though I don't know how the competition was, nor the name of that event actually..
Twitch.tv/Ragequitbm for all the fans
dranko
Profile Joined April 2010
Sweden378 Posts
April 06 2013 15:20 GMT
#156
On April 03 2013 03:25 Noocta wrote:
It suck being a new Fighting game fan but only having a PC

Skullgirls is coming out soon, that game has great tutorials.
HeatEXTEND
Profile Joined October 2012
Netherlands836 Posts
April 06 2013 16:33 GMT
#157
On April 03 2013 03:25 Noocta wrote:
It suck being a new Fighting game fan but only having a PC


Dunno if your a fan of new FGs or a new fan of FGs :p, but if the latter is the case, GGPO my friend, GGPO.
A lot of timeless games on there(ST, 3S, SF alpha, Garou, Kof etc.) with fantastic online play compared to (for example) SF4.

Also Guilty gear XX Reload for PC is still being played by people from all over, and I seriously doubt if it will ever die.

GL HF.



knuckle
Noocta
Profile Joined June 2010
France12578 Posts
April 06 2013 20:11 GMT
#158
On April 07 2013 01:33 HeatEXTEND wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 03 2013 03:25 Noocta wrote:
It suck being a new Fighting game fan but only having a PC


Dunno if your a fan of new FGs or a new fan of FGs :p, but if the latter is the case, GGPO my friend, GGPO.
A lot of timeless games on there(ST, 3S, SF alpha, Garou, Kof etc.) with fantastic online play compared to (for example) SF4.

Also Guilty gear XX Reload for PC is still being played by people from all over, and I seriously doubt if it will ever die.

GL HF.





New fan of FG :p
I'm aware of GGPO. Was planning to see a bit what is available on that. =)

Still, I'm looking forward to Skullgirls a lot.
They said PC release was soon, but I fear they're going to finish the new characters before porting it.
" I'm not gonna fight you. I'm gonna kick your ass ! "
Shinbi
Profile Joined December 2009
338 Posts
April 06 2013 20:19 GMT
#159
GGPO is godly.

As for Skullgirls, I think I read somewhere that they planned on having PC version running by June or July this year, though I could be misremembering.
Cel.erity
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States4890 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-06 20:53:10
April 06 2013 20:44 GMT
#160
PC release should be around the time they add Squigly, not sure how close to finished she is. The other characters are going to take a really long time, I'd guess they'll be busy until the end of the year.

If you're playing GGPO, I'd recommend KoF '98. It's the most popular game there and it teaches you fundamentals a lot better than 3S does. There are some execution barriers though.

You can access training mode on any of these ROMs by running it in MamePlusUI or something similar, and setting it to run with UniBIOS as the default BIOS. Then, in the BIOS menu (hold ABC as the ROM is starting up), select Console mode instead of Arcade.
We found Dove in a soapless place.
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 60 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 31m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
firebathero 2276
Bisu 470
Hyuk 422
Killer 105
Dewaltoss 94
Larva 91
Leta 80
Sexy 78
EffOrt 76
Soma 68
[ Show more ]
ZerO 62
Light 49
ToSsGirL 47
soO 41
Yoon 34
Sharp 34
Aegong 28
Sacsri 22
Bale 20
NaDa 16
Hm[arnc] 15
sorry 14
Shinee 13
JulyZerg 10
Rush 8
Terrorterran 2
Dota 2
Fuzer 135
Counter-Strike
shoxiejesuss1111
byalli779
kRYSTAL_31
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1056
crisheroes554
Other Games
gofns30060
singsing1473
olofmeister999
ceh9659
Mew2King86
ArmadaUGS51
ZerO(Twitch)11
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream176
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix5
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2389
League of Legends
• Stunt404
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
3h 31m
OSC
12h 31m
CranKy Ducklings
1d
Online Event
1d 1h
FEL
1d 6h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 7h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 9h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.