• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:29
CEST 19:29
KST 02:29
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War645.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament Rollback Netcode in Brood War TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 12957 users

Battlefield 4 - Page 6

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 62 Next
zoLo
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
United States5896 Posts
March 19 2013 18:52 GMT
#101
A short teaser came out and here is an analysis of it.



Would be very interesting if there will be naval warfare and the return of more than 2 factions.
Swampflare
Profile Joined March 2012
United States1201 Posts
March 19 2013 22:40 GMT
#102
I'm curious what can really be extremely different with this installment.

DICE is normally pretty good at making their games unique, like bad company 2 to battlefield 3. This seems to be the same.
Liquipedia<FO-nTTaX> so i ordered a pizza to my house in the pizza service next to me and let them deliver [me] with the pizza
TheDraken
Profile Joined July 2011
United States640 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-03-21 07:30:44
March 21 2013 07:30 GMT
#103
they destroyed this series. i genuinely had a ton of fun with bf1942 even though it seems dated and lackluster now. it was a balanced game and there was a distinct battlefield feel to it that is entirely absent now. it used to be so rewarding to work as a team since every class had glaring weaknesses.

even bfbc2 was relatively fun even though it was such a divergence from 1942 and bf2. you still had reasons to work with your team, but occasionally you and a few others could get away with doing really crazy shit to win.

and then we have bf3, which doesn't even feel like a battlefield game anymore. it doesn't matter what class you play. you have very little reason to give a shit about your other team. you do damn near the same thing every game, and your only reason to keep playing is to level up or try to get sick multi-kills. the warfare is gone. it's just a gang shootout now.
fast food. y u no make me fast? <( ಠ益ಠ <)
liberate71
Profile Joined October 2011
Australia10252 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-03-21 08:36:40
March 21 2013 08:34 GMT
#104
On March 21 2013 16:30 TheDraken wrote:
they destroyed this series. i genuinely had a ton of fun with bf1942 even though it seems dated and lackluster now. it was a balanced game and there was a distinct battlefield feel to it that is entirely absent now. it used to be so rewarding to work as a team since every class had glaring weaknesses.

even bfbc2 was relatively fun even though it was such a divergence from 1942 and bf2. you still had reasons to work with your team, but occasionally you and a few others could get away with doing really crazy shit to win.

and then we have bf3, which doesn't even feel like a battlefield game anymore. it doesn't matter what class you play. you have very little reason to give a shit about your other team. you do damn near the same thing every game, and your only reason to keep playing is to level up or try to get sick multi-kills. the warfare is gone. it's just a gang shootout now.


BF3 feels to me like the epitome of a battlefield game... massive vehicle play maps, or smaller squad based maps.
I usually play with 1 or 2 mates, but usually i'll try to stick with a bunch of others on my team to help push an area, rather than trying to rambo into a zone.

The warfare feels more immersive than ever imo. Maps like Sharqi Peninsula, Caspain Border and a number of the Aftermath additions are really well made and fun. The new End Game Capture the Flag mode has also spiced things up as well.

I think BF4 will come out a little too soon, but *shrugs* if its just an upgrade of BF3, i'm sold already.
On March 20 2013 07:40 Swampflare wrote:
I'm curious what can really be extremely different with this installment.

DICE is normally pretty good at making their games unique, like bad company 2 to battlefield 3. This seems to be the same.


^ the gameplay in that video isnt from BF4, in case you thought it was. Otherwise, I don't know how you have made the assumption that a game with zero (?) clips/pictures leaked is the same as its predecessor
Minelord Stimfestor, also known as karma.
blade55555
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States17423 Posts
March 21 2013 08:40 GMT
#105
As usual I can't wait to see some gameplay footage :D
When I think of something else, something will go here
Brett
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
Australia3823 Posts
March 21 2013 12:43 GMT
#106
Really looking forward to seeing what dice do with this.

I loved BF3. I thought the gunplay was particularly satisfying and hope for more :D
Latham
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
9593 Posts
March 21 2013 12:54 GMT
#107
I had a lot of fun with BF3 but I also raged a lot because I was completely inept at using helis/jet fighters while other people could fly 1 just all round long and get massive kill streaks.

But is anyone else just a tiny bit tired of this "modern" setting crap? It was fun with CoD 4:MW and although BF3 was great it felt a bit stale with the weapons. I wish they'd venture into the future again like in BF2142 or even go back to WW2 (although I had my fair share of that era a few years back too...)
Maybe some pseudo steampunk setting like bioshock? Hell anything but modern and WW2 =/
And please don't point me to BS:I or Planetside 2...
For the curse of life is the curse of want. PC = https://be.pcpartpicker.com/user/LathamTK/builds/#view=CrqmP6
Kommatiazo
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States579 Posts
March 21 2013 13:06 GMT
#108
Inb4 they rename the game to just "Battlefield" slightly after announcement is officially made and game is shown off.
"You must enemy don't know, and very good micro" - Bosstoss #Wet4Ret
nanospartan
Profile Joined July 2011
649 Posts
March 21 2013 13:12 GMT
#109
On March 21 2013 21:54 Latham wrote:
I had a lot of fun with BF3 but I also raged a lot because I was completely inept at using helis/jet fighters while other people could fly 1 just all round long and get massive kill streaks.

But is anyone else just a tiny bit tired of this "modern" setting crap? It was fun with CoD 4:MW and although BF3 was great it felt a bit stale with the weapons. I wish they'd venture into the future again like in BF2142 or even go back to WW2 (although I had my fair share of that era a few years back too...)
Maybe some pseudo steampunk setting like bioshock? Hell anything but modern and WW2 =/
And please don't point me to BS:I or Planetside 2...

Sweet Jesus remember titan sieges, imagine that in frostbite 2 (or 3, but you can hope). That would be the greatest thing ever...
I was an athiest until I watched the Day[9] daily
Raptor4790
Profile Joined March 2013
United Kingdom5 Posts
March 21 2013 13:31 GMT
#110
I think it's early, yeah. After it initially 'slipped out' with the MoH release, then they felt more inclined to push up the schedule, I'll bet. Whatever happens, I hope that BF4 opens easier than BF3 - all that browser/plugin/origin business
The Harder Your Squeeze, The More The Game Provides
liberate71
Profile Joined October 2011
Australia10252 Posts
March 21 2013 13:41 GMT
#111
On March 21 2013 22:12 nanospartan wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 21 2013 21:54 Latham wrote:
I had a lot of fun with BF3 but I also raged a lot because I was completely inept at using helis/jet fighters while other people could fly 1 just all round long and get massive kill streaks.

But is anyone else just a tiny bit tired of this "modern" setting crap? It was fun with CoD 4:MW and although BF3 was great it felt a bit stale with the weapons. I wish they'd venture into the future again like in BF2142 or even go back to WW2 (although I had my fair share of that era a few years back too...)
Maybe some pseudo steampunk setting like bioshock? Hell anything but modern and WW2 =/
And please don't point me to BS:I or Planetside 2...

Sweet Jesus remember titan sieges, imagine that in frostbite 2 (or 3, but you can hope). That would be the greatest thing ever...


Fuck Titan Sieges were AMAZING for their time in the gaming world. Although in modern day comparison, I guess it'd be like playing Bandar Desert Conquest then getting shot up into Operation Metro 64 player Rush hahahahahaha.

Still, the titans were so damn cool, and launching out of those pod things (and into other ships LOL)

Can only dream.
Minelord Stimfestor, also known as karma.
LoLAdriankat
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States4307 Posts
March 21 2013 19:23 GMT
#112
They're teasing naval warfare atm.
zoLo
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
United States5896 Posts
March 27 2013 04:16 GMT
#113
Leaked trailer and screenshots. Looks more like Medal of Honor really.



[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]
simmeh
Profile Joined March 2011
Canada2511 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-03-27 05:33:39
March 27 2013 05:32 GMT
#114
17 minutes of gameplay of battlefield 4 from official battlefield youtube page

byah!
eviltomahawk
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States11135 Posts
March 27 2013 06:12 GMT
#115
It looks and sounds pretty to say the least. They're obviously putting a lot of work into single-player, which will probably turn out to be at least a very cinematic experience like BF3. I'll wait until we see a laundry-list of multiplayer features before fully juding the game, although I hope the secondary iron-sights make it into multiplayer on multiple guns since that looks cool.
ㅇㅅㅌㅅ
blade55555
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States17423 Posts
March 27 2013 06:31 GMT
#116
On March 27 2013 15:12 eviltomahawk wrote:
It looks and sounds pretty to say the least. They're obviously putting a lot of work into single-player, which will probably turn out to be at least a very cinematic experience like BF3. I'll wait until we see a laundry-list of multiplayer features before fully juding the game, although I hope the secondary iron-sights make it into multiplayer on multiple guns since that looks cool.


I am praying for an increase in player count to 64 vs 64 would be sick
When I think of something else, something will go here
zoLo
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
United States5896 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-03-27 06:50:11
March 27 2013 06:48 GMT
#117
Meh... It really does look too similar to BF3. I know that it's common since it's probably a sequel to BF3 in terms of the single player maybe, but they even reused the sound effects, weapons, Russian soldier skins, etc. I see that they even used some of the assets from MoH Warfighter as well.

On March 27 2013 15:31 blade55555 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 27 2013 15:12 eviltomahawk wrote:
It looks and sounds pretty to say the least. They're obviously putting a lot of work into single-player, which will probably turn out to be at least a very cinematic experience like BF3. I'll wait until we see a laundry-list of multiplayer features before fully juding the game, although I hope the secondary iron-sights make it into multiplayer on multiple guns since that looks cool.


I am praying for an increase in player count to 64 vs 64 would be sick


The rumor a couple of days ago said it will remain 64 for PC and 24 for console. Still hoping though, but I won't get my hopes up since they want the game to be on all platforms.
zoLo
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
United States5896 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-03-27 06:50:01
March 27 2013 06:49 GMT
#118
Double post
blade55555
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States17423 Posts
March 27 2013 08:51 GMT
#119
On March 27 2013 15:48 zoLo wrote:
Meh... It really does look too similar to BF3. I know that it's common since it's probably a sequel to BF3 in terms of the single player maybe, but they even reused the sound effects, weapons, Russian soldier skins, etc. I see that they even used some of the assets from MoH Warfighter as well.

Show nested quote +
On March 27 2013 15:31 blade55555 wrote:
On March 27 2013 15:12 eviltomahawk wrote:
It looks and sounds pretty to say the least. They're obviously putting a lot of work into single-player, which will probably turn out to be at least a very cinematic experience like BF3. I'll wait until we see a laundry-list of multiplayer features before fully juding the game, although I hope the secondary iron-sights make it into multiplayer on multiple guns since that looks cool.


I am praying for an increase in player count to 64 vs 64 would be sick


The rumor a couple of days ago said it will remain 64 for PC and 24 for console. Still hoping though, but I won't get my hopes up since they want the game to be on all platforms.


damn was really hoping for a player increase
When I think of something else, something will go here
Bloodash
Profile Joined April 2010
Netherlands1384 Posts
March 27 2013 08:56 GMT
#120
Pray to god they've learned something from the negative responses regarding the BF3 singleplayer... sure it was pretty, but god damn it was boring as fuck to play...
I'll bite this hand that feeds me, and take it for my own!
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 62 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Patches Events
00:00
Patch Clash S1 Special #1
RotterdaM932
TKL 359
IndyStarCraft 236
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 932
ByuN 381
TKL 359
IndyStarCraft 236
Reynor 177
BRAT_OK 31
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 47049
Calm 2907
actioN 154
firebathero 146
Shuttle 64
Mong 41
ToSsGirL 24
Rock 23
Pusan 23
soO 22
[ Show more ]
scan(afreeca) 20
Aegong 18
Terrorterran 11
Sacsri 7
Dota 2
Gorgc10242
Dendi1039
Counter-Strike
fl0m5745
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King67
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby1394
Liquid`Hasu364
MindelVK8
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi1882
FrodaN1283
B2W.Neo700
Beastyqt680
olofmeister469
Mlord452
Khaldor451
KnowMe299
crisheroes195
Livibee133
ToD87
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick274
BasetradeTV181
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hinosc 36
• Adnapsc2 11
• Reevou 4
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
• niya90s 0
StarCraft: Brood War
• Airneanach63
• Azhi_Dahaki18
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV547
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1476
Other Games
• Shiphtur689
• imaqtpie543
Upcoming Events
BSL Open Qualifier
1h 31m
BSL Open Qualifier
1h 31m
OSC
5h 31m
Replay Cast
5h 31m
OSC
18h 31m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 17h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.