• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:33
CEST 02:33
KST 09:33
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)53Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9029 users

Skullgirls discussion - Page 4

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All
Shinbi
Profile Joined December 2009
338 Posts
February 26 2013 21:29 GMT
#61
On February 27 2013 06:20 pachi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 27 2013 05:44 Noocta wrote:
Still waiting for the game to come to PC.
I don't really like fighters where you play as 2 characters ( UMvC3, SFxT ), and I play on PC sooo...

KOF XIII is rumored for a PC Steam Release. That is kind of on the borderline for playing multiple chars though


I sincerely hope this happens. But still rather excited for SG, especially since I don't have the PS3 version =/
Camail
Profile Joined August 2011
United States1030 Posts
March 28 2013 07:12 GMT
#62
The campaign has ended. As of this post every single reward has been met. There will be a total of 5 character added to the roster.

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/keep-skullgirls-growing/x/2511440

I am in awe.
http://i.imgur.com/IPxgv.png
freelander
Profile Blog Joined December 2004
Hungary4707 Posts
March 28 2013 08:44 GMT
#63
this fundraiser was pretty crazy
before I went to sleep, it was at 750k. I woke up and it's 826k

Personally I only paid 30 bucks for a Steam code of the PC version.

What I don't really get that I tried to multiply the number of contributors with the price of their tiers and add up, and it was just less than a third of the whole sum. I tried this at around 600k and sum was just 120k.

A lot of people must have paid a lot more than their respected tiers
And all is illuminated.
Trumpet
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States1936 Posts
March 28 2013 09:28 GMT
#64
If you don't vote for Dr. Shark I hate you forever
Shinbi
Profile Joined December 2009
338 Posts
March 28 2013 12:13 GMT
#65
Personally, I'm hoping for Eliza since ABA is probably my favourite fighting game character to play, though I'm thinking at least either Isaac, Aeon, or Panzerfaust will win one and probably Stanley for the other one which is unfortunate for me D:
Cel.erity
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States4890 Posts
March 28 2013 12:33 GMT
#66
I think the game needs one more zoner, so I'm probably going to vote for Marie/Beatrix/Venus. Ultimately I'd like to see one of them + Isaac, Hive, Taliesin, or Minette.

I also suspect Stanley is going to get a lot of votes, which is a shame, because his description makes him sound like the absolute most generic character in the pool. Inspired by Slayer, Iron Man, and Cyclops zzz.
We found Dove in a soapless place.
SPaZma
Profile Joined March 2010
Norway12 Posts
March 28 2013 12:51 GMT
#67
On March 28 2013 17:44 freelander wrote:
What I don't really get that I tried to multiply the number of contributors with the price of their tiers and add up, and it was just less than a third of the whole sum. I tried this at around 600k and sum was just 120k.

A lot of people must have paid a lot more than their respected tiers


Also, some of the old tiers have been replaced, as they can only have 10 at a time IIRC, and you don't see the number of people who purchased the old ones, and there has been quite a few.

btw: F*** YEAH Skullgirls! Can't wait for the pc version =)
The Magician?
freelander
Profile Blog Joined December 2004
Hungary4707 Posts
March 29 2013 01:24 GMT
#68
On March 28 2013 21:33 Cel.erity wrote:
I think the game needs one more zoner, so I'm probably going to vote for Marie/Beatrix/Venus. Ultimately I'd like to see one of them + Isaac, Hive, Taliesin, or Minette.

I also suspect Stanley is going to get a lot of votes, which is a shame, because his description makes him sound like the absolute most generic character in the pool. Inspired by Slayer, Iron Man, and Cyclops zzz.


well I really agree with the zoning thing. At the moment we only have peacock, I don't really consider Parasoul as zoner, and the others are 5 rushdown and 1 grappler.

I don't really know who I will vote for, but there will be at least 1 zoner among them
And all is illuminated.
dranko
Profile Joined April 2010
Sweden378 Posts
March 29 2013 21:31 GMT
#69
Don't really care who gets in as long as it's not another rushdown heavy character. I'll probably vote Aeon, Isaac and Molly.
Snuggles
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1865 Posts
August 05 2013 15:23 GMT
#70
I think the Steam beta came out a few days ago, correct me if I'm mistaken. Anyways I hopped right on it because 1, I'm a PC gamer, never owned an Xbox 360 or a PS3, and 2, fighting games are a completely new territory to me. So far I'm having a blast! ... despite getting my ass handed to me every single online game. I do however have 4 very proud victories when I was matched up vs someone my own skill level. Those games were thrilling btw, I hope the match making system fixes itself or something.

This is literally my first experience playing a fighting game, think of it akin to discovering Starcraft for the first time. It's really refreshing to try something new, especially after playing shit MMORPGs that get spit out every season.

So anyone else besides me try out the PC beta? I see that the last post was made several months ago, I'd like to see who in the TL community is playing SG on steam. I'd like to get some practice games going between newbies and vets in the Beta as well, cause really it's tough to try to break into a game when nearly every person (not even "ever other" lol) is locking you down in these crazy combos and crossing you up the second they see the opportunity to.

The PC beta interface wise seems kinda off to me. Small things like not being able to I click on the screen, not being able to easily config your keyboard for the game (big thing I'm sure), and although I said I wanted to play some practice games with people... I'm not even sure how to set up a private game.

I'm also thinking about heading out to a used electronics store to buy a fight stick. I remember seeing some at a local tournament and always thought how cool they were. I just hope they can work with the PC...
freelander
Profile Blog Joined December 2004
Hungary4707 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-05 15:31:52
August 05 2013 15:31 GMT
#71
it's pretty easy to config the keyboard imo. especially compared to a lot of other fighters (sf4, jesus christ)

generally all the usb arcade sticks work with pc

edit: jesus, combos are pretty hard in this game (if you want to do optimal/close to optimal ones). I'm getting used to it though.
And all is illuminated.
Noocta
Profile Joined June 2010
France12578 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-05 15:37:09
August 05 2013 15:36 GMT
#72
There's no way to play with someone beside ranked play for now. Lobbys are work in progress.

If you buy a fight stick, buy one for Xbox 360, they are compatible. Try to aim for the Madcatz ones if you want decent quality. Cheap fight stick tend to break pretty quickly.
" I'm not gonna fight you. I'm gonna kick your ass ! "
Shinbi
Profile Joined December 2009
338 Posts
August 05 2013 16:38 GMT
#73
On August 06 2013 00:23 Snuggles wrote:
I think the Steam beta came out a few days ago, correct me if I'm mistaken. Anyways I hopped right on it because 1, I'm a PC gamer, never owned an Xbox 360 or a PS3, and 2, fighting games are a completely new territory to me. So far I'm having a blast! ... despite getting my ass handed to me every single online game. I do however have 4 very proud victories when I was matched up vs someone my own skill level. Those games were thrilling btw, I hope the match making system fixes itself or something.

This is literally my first experience playing a fighting game, think of it akin to discovering Starcraft for the first time. It's really refreshing to try something new, especially after playing shit MMORPGs that get spit out every season.

So anyone else besides me try out the PC beta? I see that the last post was made several months ago, I'd like to see who in the TL community is playing SG on steam. I'd like to get some practice games going between newbies and vets in the Beta as well, cause really it's tough to try to break into a game when nearly every person (not even "ever other" lol) is locking you down in these crazy combos and crossing you up the second they see the opportunity to.

The PC beta interface wise seems kinda off to me. Small things like not being able to I click on the screen, not being able to easily config your keyboard for the game (big thing I'm sure), and although I said I wanted to play some practice games with people... I'm not even sure how to set up a private game.

I'm also thinking about heading out to a used electronics store to buy a fight stick. I remember seeing some at a local tournament and always thought how cool they were. I just hope they can work with the PC...



Once they add lobbies, I'm down for playing. http://steamcommunity.com/id/elemenope
I haven't played this game in awhile due to playing other games, but I'll probably be playing it a lot once they add in lobbies.
2stra
Profile Joined March 2011
Netherlands928 Posts
August 05 2013 17:43 GMT
#74
Got the game on steam recently but I haven't gotten in much playtime yet. I'm not that well acquainted with anime fighters, only played a little bit of Blazblue and some Guilty Gear a loooong time ago but I like the change of pace from SF4. It´s hard to find up to date information, both the srk and dustloop forums are practically dead for this game. Learning the hard way is still fun tho !
Corvi
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
Germany1406 Posts
August 05 2013 17:47 GMT
#75
On August 06 2013 00:31 freelander wrote:
edit: jesus, combos are pretty hard in this game (if you want to do optimal/close to optimal ones). I'm getting used to it though.



can you specify whats hard about combos in skullgirls? im not really into hard combos. played the shit out of sf4, so i am well aware of links and stuff, but now playing injustice and i love just hammering my combos in like half a sec before they even start
Snuggles
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1865 Posts
August 05 2013 17:59 GMT
#76
On August 06 2013 02:47 Corvi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 06 2013 00:31 freelander wrote:
edit: jesus, combos are pretty hard in this game (if you want to do optimal/close to optimal ones). I'm getting used to it though.



can you specify whats hard about combos in skullgirls? im not really into hard combos. played the shit out of sf4, so i am well aware of links and stuff, but now playing injustice and i love just hammering my combos in like half a sec before they even start


They have this infinite combo break system which like it says, prevents people from doing the same thing in a loop for as long as they can hold it. I have no clue if they have this in other fighters but I remember watching KoF and seeing the Karate guy do this same move in the corner over and over and the audience would chant in the background lol. So I guess to pull off those long combos they all have to be different alternating moves and such. This is just from my observation of streams and guides, a more experienced player could tell you more.
fishbowl
Profile Joined January 2010
United States1575 Posts
August 05 2013 18:42 GMT
#77
On August 06 2013 02:43 2stra wrote:
Got the game on steam recently but I haven't gotten in much playtime yet. I'm not that well acquainted with anime fighters, only played a little bit of Blazblue and some Guilty Gear a loooong time ago but I like the change of pace from SF4. It´s hard to find up to date information, both the srk and dustloop forums are practically dead for this game. Learning the hard way is still fun tho !

SkullHeart would be the place to go, but unfortunately the forums just disappeared (lol). They're working on getting it back up, but until then you're best bet to ask anything is probably the Steam beta boards. AFAIK the Skullgirls wiki on SRK has good information - especially regarding the game systems - but as far as character data, Mike Z updates the game pretty much everyday, so I'm not sure if it stays up-to-date on that.
2stra
Profile Joined March 2011
Netherlands928 Posts
August 05 2013 19:19 GMT
#78
On August 06 2013 03:42 fishbowl wrote:
SkullHeart would be the place to go, but unfortunately the forums just disappeared (lol). They're working on getting it back up, but until then you're best bet to ask anything is probably the Steam beta boards. AFAIK the Skullgirls wiki on SRK has good information - especially regarding the game systems - but as far as character data, Mike Z updates the game pretty much everyday, so I'm not sure if it stays up-to-date on that.


Thanks for the links!

It's actually kinda refreshing to try to learn combo's via trial and error rather than just looking them up online and memorizing them. It just means the combo's will need some fine tuning for max dmg as time progresses. It doesn't bother me as much because I like grinding in training mode

Snuggles
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1865 Posts
August 05 2013 20:46 GMT
#79
On August 06 2013 04:19 2stra wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 06 2013 03:42 fishbowl wrote:
SkullHeart would be the place to go, but unfortunately the forums just disappeared (lol). They're working on getting it back up, but until then you're best bet to ask anything is probably the Steam beta boards. AFAIK the Skullgirls wiki on SRK has good information - especially regarding the game systems - but as far as character data, Mike Z updates the game pretty much everyday, so I'm not sure if it stays up-to-date on that.


Thanks for the links!

It's actually kinda refreshing to try to learn combo's via trial and error rather than just looking them up online and memorizing them. It just means the combo's will need some fine tuning for max dmg as time progresses. It doesn't bother me as much because I like grinding in training mode



I feel the same way. It's pretty fun when you learn more combo's because then you start thinking about how you could string together with this combo and that combo. Right now I'm trying to figure out how to even begin to dish out those combos lol. Online play is just too tough to play for practice right now =(.
Glioburd
Profile Joined April 2008
France1911 Posts
August 08 2013 09:29 GMT
#80
Bought it yesterday , it looks really fun, but hard !
"You should hate loosing, but you should never fear defeat." NaDa.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
00:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
CranKy Ducklings44
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SpeCial 137
NeuroSwarm 83
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 11834
Rain 2029
Artosis 591
Bale 13
League of Legends
Doublelift3931
Counter-Strike
taco 26
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox543
Mew2King208
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1255
Other Games
summit1g9311
Day[9].tv658
shahzam601
JimRising 509
PiGStarcraft264
C9.Mang0233
ViBE75
ArmadaUGS67
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV200
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream98
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 111
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP24
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Day9tv658
• Scarra500
• Shiphtur147
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
12h 27m
OSC
21h 27m
CranKy Ducklings
1d 9h
Online Event
1d 10h
FEL
1d 15h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 16h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 18h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.