• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:51
CEST 07:51
KST 14:51
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)54Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7242 users

Skullgirls discussion - Page 3

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All
Gnarg
Profile Joined October 2009
Netherlands165 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-16 15:18:15
April 16 2012 15:12 GMT
#41
This game is giving alot more trouble than SFxT or KOFXIII. This stuff people do continueing on the ground after an air combo (with no OTG), I cant figure out. I think its because there is no clear feedback of what im doing wrong, if my first medium punch in the air is too early it might mean I can't hit him again when im back on the floor, even though that was 4 moves earlier.

But damn its alot of fun!
pachi
Profile Joined October 2006
Melbourne5338 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-16 15:36:56
April 16 2012 15:34 GMT
#42
As far as I understand it, any air attack that isn't a knockdown attack should cause the opponent to land standing with 1 frame of hitstun that you can continue the combo from.
If the air attack is too early and the gap is too large between it and the ground combo, the combo will drop.
If opponent hits the ground first from the knockdown attack before being air hit again, they will either be OTGable (pink circle) and air attacks will OTG or if a OTG was already done (blue circle) a techable knockdown.
Of note: There is no hit stun deterioration or increasing gravity in the game.

Not having proper dummy controls makes practising combos a little trickier than usual
Moderatorpachi fanclub http://goto.tl/6DI9 。◕‿◕。
Excalibur_Z
Profile Joined October 2002
United States12257 Posts
April 16 2012 17:31 GMT
#43
On April 16 2012 03:11 justalex wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 15 2012 22:34 Dizmaul wrote:
On April 15 2012 21:50 Benecol wrote:
How does teching work in this game? Tutorial doesn't explain and I didn't find explanation from SRK/skullgirls website.

Would like to know what knockdowns I can tech and what is the input of quickrise/roll and how to break "infinite" combo.


When knocked down, hold ← or → and press any button = Ground recovery

I'm not totally sure, but I believe you can press any button when you turn pink to do a Combo Breaker.


I think it was on the Clash stream, but according to a day 2 tourney, it's 2 punches to break an infinite.
The game basicially looks to see if a string of normal attacks happens in "x" iterations. Don't quote me, but I believe it's after 2 iterations, the third will trigger the Infinite Prevention System.

Other doodads that I didn't see on the site but are useful: Pushblocking is just like in Marvel, you can Alpha Counter by pressing forward + tag combination (MP+MK or HP+HK), you can DHC two level 3 Blockbusters. If you have 5 meters and perform a level 3 super, DHCing into another level 3 will work, despite having only 2 meters.


That's not how IPS works. If you use the same normal to start a chain, IPS will immediately activate. Therefore, a combo like lp-mp-hp, lp-mk-hk would trigger it because lp starts two chains, but lp-mp-hp lk-mp-hp would not. This makes it so that you eventually run out of buttons to start chains in order to continue your combo, causing your combo to end naturally.
Moderator
Dizmaul
Profile Joined March 2010
United States831 Posts
April 16 2012 18:13 GMT
#44
On April 15 2012 23:19 Medrea wrote:
I saw my friend do the last boss of the story.

Its just a fucking wall you beat on -.-

Fighting game skills not necessary or relevant.


Yes, because the non-playable last boss is very necessary and relevant to a competitive fighting game.
It is what it is
Backpack
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States1776 Posts
April 16 2012 21:44 GMT
#45
On April 17 2012 03:13 Dizmaul wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 15 2012 23:19 Medrea wrote:
I saw my friend do the last boss of the story.

Its just a fucking wall you beat on -.-

Fighting game skills not necessary or relevant.


Yes, because the non-playable last boss is very necessary and relevant to a competitive fighting game.

Exactly, why do you think so many people dislike Marvel3? That stupid single player boss!
"You people need to just generally care a lot less about everything." -Zatic
Trumpet
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States1936 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-18 02:52:29
April 17 2012 12:46 GMT
#46
+ Show Spoiler [old post] +

Figured out a new peacock combo, inspired by Cable



Now to find a way to link 3 supers...


Figured it out!

AHVBx3 yessssssssssssssssssssssssss



testing it on more characters, looks like it only works on ones with wide hitboxes like double. Dang =(

edit: Just noticed when Peacock does her st.hk, the football kick, she says "Laces out." It's like they made this character just to reflect every movie and tv show I watched as a kid o-o
justalex
Profile Joined May 2010
United States122 Posts
April 18 2012 17:00 GMT
#47
On April 17 2012 02:31 Excalibur_Z wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 16 2012 03:11 justalex wrote:
On April 15 2012 22:34 Dizmaul wrote:
On April 15 2012 21:50 Benecol wrote:
How does teching work in this game? Tutorial doesn't explain and I didn't find explanation from SRK/skullgirls website.

Would like to know what knockdowns I can tech and what is the input of quickrise/roll and how to break "infinite" combo.


When knocked down, hold ← or → and press any button = Ground recovery

I'm not totally sure, but I believe you can press any button when you turn pink to do a Combo Breaker.


I think it was on the Clash stream, but according to a day 2 tourney, it's 2 punches to break an infinite.
The game basicially looks to see if a string of normal attacks happens in "x" iterations. Don't quote me, but I believe it's after 2 iterations, the third will trigger the Infinite Prevention System.

Other doodads that I didn't see on the site but are useful: Pushblocking is just like in Marvel, you can Alpha Counter by pressing forward + tag combination (MP+MK or HP+HK), you can DHC two level 3 Blockbusters. If you have 5 meters and perform a level 3 super, DHCing into another level 3 will work, despite having only 2 meters.


That's not how IPS works. If you use the same normal to start a chain, IPS will immediately activate. Therefore, a combo like lp-mp-hp, lp-mk-hk would trigger it because lp starts two chains, but lp-mp-hp lk-mp-hp would not. This makes it so that you eventually run out of buttons to start chains in order to continue your combo, causing your combo to end naturally.



Hmm, then I encountered something weird. I've had IPS kick in just by hitting a launcher, LK, and repeated d+MK with Parasoul. Unless, each d+MK counts as the start of a new chain
Excalibur_Z
Profile Joined October 2002
United States12257 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-18 17:43:22
April 18 2012 17:42 GMT
#48
On April 19 2012 02:00 justalex wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 17 2012 02:31 Excalibur_Z wrote:
On April 16 2012 03:11 justalex wrote:
On April 15 2012 22:34 Dizmaul wrote:
On April 15 2012 21:50 Benecol wrote:
How does teching work in this game? Tutorial doesn't explain and I didn't find explanation from SRK/skullgirls website.

Would like to know what knockdowns I can tech and what is the input of quickrise/roll and how to break "infinite" combo.


When knocked down, hold ← or → and press any button = Ground recovery

I'm not totally sure, but I believe you can press any button when you turn pink to do a Combo Breaker.


I think it was on the Clash stream, but according to a day 2 tourney, it's 2 punches to break an infinite.
The game basicially looks to see if a string of normal attacks happens in "x" iterations. Don't quote me, but I believe it's after 2 iterations, the third will trigger the Infinite Prevention System.

Other doodads that I didn't see on the site but are useful: Pushblocking is just like in Marvel, you can Alpha Counter by pressing forward + tag combination (MP+MK or HP+HK), you can DHC two level 3 Blockbusters. If you have 5 meters and perform a level 3 super, DHCing into another level 3 will work, despite having only 2 meters.


That's not how IPS works. If you use the same normal to start a chain, IPS will immediately activate. Therefore, a combo like lp-mp-hp, lp-mk-hk would trigger it because lp starts two chains, but lp-mp-hp lk-mp-hp would not. This makes it so that you eventually run out of buttons to start chains in order to continue your combo, causing your combo to end naturally.



Hmm, then I encountered something weird. I've had IPS kick in just by hitting a launcher, LK, and repeated d+MK with Parasoul. Unless, each d+MK counts as the start of a new chain


No it's actually both. Your first two chains (or maybe just moves) are "free" and don't count toward IPS, apparently, so you were correct. I had been hearing conflicting information on the matter.
Moderator
sung_moon
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States10110 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-18 18:54:11
April 18 2012 18:49 GMT
#49
On April 17 2012 06:44 Backpack wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 17 2012 03:13 Dizmaul wrote:
On April 15 2012 23:19 Medrea wrote:
I saw my friend do the last boss of the story.

Its just a fucking wall you beat on -.-

Fighting game skills not necessary or relevant.


Yes, because the non-playable last boss is very necessary and relevant to a competitive fighting game.

Exactly, why do you think so many people dislike Marvel3? That stupid single player boss!


I know a lot of other reasons why ppl dislike mvc3 but w/e....

Only got to touch this once, but it does seem really fun. I find myself finding more enjoyment jsut watching this game. Kind of wished this was at EVO. Really surprised at the freedom and craziness of this game.

edit:


more vods at spooky's channel
Forever Young
pachi
Profile Joined October 2006
Melbourne5338 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-19 03:04:39
April 19 2012 03:02 GMT
#50
On April 19 2012 02:42 Excalibur_Z wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 19 2012 02:00 justalex wrote:
On April 17 2012 02:31 Excalibur_Z wrote:
On April 16 2012 03:11 justalex wrote:
On April 15 2012 22:34 Dizmaul wrote:
On April 15 2012 21:50 Benecol wrote:
How does teching work in this game? Tutorial doesn't explain and I didn't find explanation from SRK/skullgirls website.

Would like to know what knockdowns I can tech and what is the input of quickrise/roll and how to break "infinite" combo.


When knocked down, hold ← or → and press any button = Ground recovery

I'm not totally sure, but I believe you can press any button when you turn pink to do a Combo Breaker.


I think it was on the Clash stream, but according to a day 2 tourney, it's 2 punches to break an infinite.
The game basicially looks to see if a string of normal attacks happens in "x" iterations. Don't quote me, but I believe it's after 2 iterations, the third will trigger the Infinite Prevention System.

Other doodads that I didn't see on the site but are useful: Pushblocking is just like in Marvel, you can Alpha Counter by pressing forward + tag combination (MP+MK or HP+HK), you can DHC two level 3 Blockbusters. If you have 5 meters and perform a level 3 super, DHCing into another level 3 will work, despite having only 2 meters.


That's not how IPS works. If you use the same normal to start a chain, IPS will immediately activate. Therefore, a combo like lp-mp-hp, lp-mk-hk would trigger it because lp starts two chains, but lp-mp-hp lk-mp-hp would not. This makes it so that you eventually run out of buttons to start chains in order to continue your combo, causing your combo to end naturally.



Hmm, then I encountered something weird. I've had IPS kick in just by hitting a launcher, LK, and repeated d+MK with Parasoul. Unless, each d+MK counts as the start of a new chain


No it's actually both. Your first two chains (or maybe just moves) are "free" and don't count toward IPS, apparently, so you were correct. I had been hearing conflicting information on the matter.

Each d.MK is a new chain.

Try watching the Combo Stage in training mode and it might help it make more sense. You get a bunch of free things until you get into Combo Stage 5 where IPS starts and you can't reuse buttons.

From MikeZ on SRK:
"Combo Stage" in the info box is useful for all this, btw.
1 = (optional) jump-in section (free)
2 = ground series (free)
3 = first air combo or 2nd ground series (watched)
4 = special case if they land before you do (watched)
5 = limited (watched, and if you start a chain with something you hit with at all during a watched section = infinite)
Moderatorpachi fanclub http://goto.tl/6DI9 。◕‿◕。
Lomm
Profile Joined March 2012
Sweden33 Posts
April 25 2012 08:04 GMT
#51
From Skullgirls twitter:
#Skullgirls finally has a confirmed European / Australian release date on PSN - May 2nd, just a week away! Sorry to have kept you waiting!
Google before you tweet is the new think before you speak
gTank
Profile Joined January 2011
Austria2668 Posts
April 25 2012 08:08 GMT
#52
finally, i was disappointed it wasnt released on EU at the same time as NA, does anyone know why they had to postpone it?
One crossed wire, one wayward pinch of potassium chlorate, one errant twitch...and kablooie!
Trumpet
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States1936 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-25 15:48:04
April 25 2012 15:47 GMT
#53
I definitely don't understand the ranking system at this point. Yesterday I'm mashing on some ranked, check my spot, ranked 14. cool. Keep playing, keep the winning streak going, check back to see if it's gone up at all, rank 25. Odd. Guess other people were grinding it out too at that time, ok, makes sense. Today, check rank, still 26. I start playing a bit when I should be studying, win a few matches, then lose one. Think "Dang, wonder how many spots back that'll put me." Check rank, rank 3.

lolwut.
Manit0u
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
Poland17845 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-21 02:12:34
May 20 2012 17:40 GMT
#54
Hey guys, I just got this game and it seems to be glitching out on me...

During the last part of the first tutorial session, where you have to throw out enemies the goal is for you to throw them out in the way to put Peacock and Ms. Fortune into play. My problem is that when I throw out Painwheel (first char on stage) Ms. Fortune comes in, then Painwheel and so on. Peacock never enters the stage...

Is there some trick to it or what? Please help.

Edit: NVM, I skipped the introductory text twice where they show that you have 2 different moves for ring out...
Time is precious. Waste it wisely.
scottyyy
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United Kingdom796 Posts
February 26 2013 20:14 GMT
#55
http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/333003/
whoso
Profile Joined October 2010
Germany523 Posts
February 26 2013 20:23 GMT
#56
didnt they want to release this game on steam months ago?
scottyyy
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United Kingdom796 Posts
February 26 2013 20:31 GMT
#57
It's coming out on PC within the next 2-3 months.
pachi
Profile Joined October 2006
Melbourne5338 Posts
February 26 2013 20:36 GMT
#58
On February 27 2013 05:23 whoso wrote:
didnt they want to release this game on steam months ago?

They wanted to do plenty of things months ago, but it seems they were having massive financial trouble and issues with their publisher/konami
Moderatorpachi fanclub http://goto.tl/6DI9 。◕‿◕。
Noocta
Profile Joined June 2010
France12578 Posts
February 26 2013 20:44 GMT
#59
Still waiting for the game to come to PC.
I don't really like fighters where you play as 2 characters ( UMvC3, SFxT ), and I play on PC sooo...
" I'm not gonna fight you. I'm gonna kick your ass ! "
pachi
Profile Joined October 2006
Melbourne5338 Posts
February 26 2013 21:20 GMT
#60
On February 27 2013 05:44 Noocta wrote:
Still waiting for the game to come to PC.
I don't really like fighters where you play as 2 characters ( UMvC3, SFxT ), and I play on PC sooo...

KOF XIII is rumored for a PC Steam Release. That is kind of on the borderline for playing multiple chars though
Moderatorpachi fanclub http://goto.tl/6DI9 。◕‿◕。
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
00:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nina 112
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 1986
Shuttle 920
Dewaltoss 74
Yoon 54
Hm[arnc] 49
Bale 27
Noble 25
ZergMaN 14
yabsab 11
ggaemo 9
[ Show more ]
Icarus 7
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm171
League of Legends
JimRising 630
Counter-Strike
Coldzera 1126
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor682
Other Games
summit1g8324
C9.Mang0277
PiGStarcraft276
Mew2King145
ViBE54
ArmadaUGS45
trigger9
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream90
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• practicex 34
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2327
League of Legends
• Rush1112
• Lourlo1015
• Stunt409
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
7h 9m
OSC
16h 9m
CranKy Ducklings
1d 4h
Online Event
1d 5h
FEL
1d 10h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 11h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 13h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.