• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:54
CEST 16:54
KST 23:54
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)46Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8256 users

Guild Wars 2: Europe - Page 10

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 8 9 10 11 12 93 Next
Pantythief
Profile Joined February 2012
Denmark657 Posts
March 31 2012 01:23 GMT
#181
On March 31 2012 10:21 sinii wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 31 2012 10:09 Pantythief wrote:
On March 31 2012 10:00 sinii wrote:
In all honesty I haven't seen one beta video yet where it felt like someone was using their profession anywhere close to its max potential.

I feel like we won't even begin to understand the combat till months after the release so for right now any balance or counters discussion can be nothing but pure speculation.


I'll show you a clip of a very impressive Elementalist being used to it's fullest.

Starting around 6:50


This clip just looked better then the average terrible player you have seen so far.

The ele rarely utilizes his dodge to avoid incoming attacks and backpedals for no reason pretty much constantly, most of the time he spends just trying to kite players using his abilities. If you think this looks impressive in the slightest wait until you see some of the clips that will pop up 3 months or so after release.


I disagree with the backpeddaling-thing. If you don't backpedal, the opponent will easily get the flanking bonus which will increase his damage.

And this is by far the most impressive clip I've seen thus far, of course people will eventually post something even better. But this is as close as it gets.
afkøaoilncpsdpdnaædc
sinii
Profile Joined August 2010
England989 Posts
March 31 2012 01:30 GMT
#182
I'll agree to disagree if you agree to come back and look at this clip with a straight face after playing for 3 months.

Lots of times I see the ele double roll into combat leaving no dodge bar left at all for the actual combat, this in of itself will be laughable later on after release.

Combat will (I hope) be much much deeper then that, for instance I see intricate mind games developing later on where you try to bait dodges so you can hit that 'key' ability in order to take control of the fight, or perhaps beating that ranger relies completely on you dodging that one ability so you need to make sure you save energy for it.

As people learn the skills some intricate and deep play will become much more apparent then what we see at the moment, especially if they have held true to their mobalike combat claims.
Pantythief
Profile Joined February 2012
Denmark657 Posts
March 31 2012 01:32 GMT
#183
On March 31 2012 10:30 sinii wrote:
I'll agree to disagree if you agree to come back and look at this clip with a straight face after playing for 3 months.

Lots of times I see the ele double roll into combat leaving no dodge bar left at all for the actual combat, this in of itself will be laughable later on after release.

Combat will (I hope) be much much deeper then that, for instance I see intricate mind games developing later on where you try to bait dodges so you can hit that 'key' ability in order to take control of the fight, or perhaps beating that ranger relies completely on you dodging that one ability so you need to make sure you save energy for it.

As people learn the skills some intricate and deep play will become much more apparent then what we see at the moment, especially if they have held true to their mobalike combat claims.


Oh, yes, I'll definitely agree, then.

What I meant was, this is the best I've seen thus far.

afkøaoilncpsdpdnaædc
rivurivurivurivu
Profile Joined May 2011
Sweden140 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-31 08:14:03
March 31 2012 07:14 GMT
#184
Are we going to hope in TS for the beta together ? We can try some pvp and kill some noobs and members of the press

I got 20 points in the HoM, just got them for the focus. Will play any class that use focus ♥
ryndaris
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
263 Posts
March 31 2012 08:24 GMT
#185
Glad to see this euro-guild idea take off so quickly, many thanks to Valashu & Panty for setting everything up. I'll definitely be joining up in the beta stages as a Sylvari Warrior.
Latham
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
9592 Posts
March 31 2012 09:06 GMT
#186
I'd like to join when the game comes out =)
Not sure yet if I'll be hardcore or casual. Depends on many things, but I'm sure I'd like to play with TL guys ^^;.
For the curse of life is the curse of want. PC = https://be.pcpartpicker.com/user/LathamTK/builds/#view=CrqmP6
Valashu
Profile Joined August 2010
Netherlands561 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-31 09:30:22
March 31 2012 09:06 GMT
#187
On March 31 2012 16:14 rivurivurivurivu wrote:
Are we going to hope in TS for the beta together ? We can try some pvp and kill some noobs and members of the press

I got 20 points in the HoM, just got them for the focus. Will play any class that use focus ♥


Definitely, I hope I can convince whoever takes care of the TL Teamspeak to give us a few channels when the beta starts.
We'll figure it out one way or another.


On another note, I hope the HoM rewards are balanced, it would be great to compete in the servers first race.
The superior pilot uses his superior judgement to avoid exercising his superior skill.
Pantythief
Profile Joined February 2012
Denmark657 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-31 09:29:32
March 31 2012 09:27 GMT
#188
Quoted something I did not intend to quote.
afkøaoilncpsdpdnaædc
Morofang
Profile Joined December 2011
Netherlands45 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-31 13:20:01
March 31 2012 12:58 GMT
#189
HoM rewards are all aesthetic, just skins to place over your current item, a different colour moa bird if I remember, minipets and of course titles. None of them do anything. However some skins look really nice. Love the organic bow ^^

One thing that makes me sad is the Mesmer elites seem copy pasted from Wow mages. You get polymorph...I mean Moa morph *eyeroll* time warp and mass invisibility.
Guild Wars 2 Europe
Pantythief
Profile Joined February 2012
Denmark657 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-31 14:31:58
March 31 2012 14:29 GMT
#190
I might just buy Guild Wars again just to get the Hall of Monuments stuff now. t____t
afkøaoilncpsdpdnaædc
Frail
Profile Joined October 2010
Iceland336 Posts
March 31 2012 14:33 GMT
#191
Yeah, we have to get together in the beta.

Shit will be awesome!
Whargarbl
Pantythief
Profile Joined February 2012
Denmark657 Posts
March 31 2012 14:43 GMT
#192
On March 31 2012 21:58 Morofang wrote:
HoM rewards are all aesthetic, just skins to place over your current item, a different colour moa bird if I remember, minipets and of course titles. None of them do anything. However some skins look really nice. Love the organic bow ^^

One thing that makes me sad is the Mesmer elites seem copy pasted from Wow mages. You get polymorph...I mean Moa morph *eyeroll* time warp and mass invisibility.


They'll add more Elite skills in the future. Guild Wars 1 had 35 per class, 294 in total.
afkøaoilncpsdpdnaædc
Morofang
Profile Joined December 2011
Netherlands45 Posts
March 31 2012 16:14 GMT
#193
I hope they do, but I'm not 100% certain due to the fact they are trying to create a very balanced game when it comes to classes. Thats why they didn't do the dual class system this time around. If they do add new elite, it'll probably be after they balanced the classes more. (Sorry I mean professions of course ^^). I'm only talking about profession elites of course, which are supposed to be better than any other elite. At least thats what I assume..
It would be awesome if there was the ability to gain elites from a boss somehow, kinda like the copy skill in the orginal (I never used it so I'm a bit hazy on its function and appliance). Although like I said, adding new skills would create need for rebalancing most likely, so I doubt it will appear soon after launch.

On a different subject though XD I seem to recall that a dueling system won't be added on launch, did anyone hear otherwise? Just curious.
Guild Wars 2 Europe
Pantythief
Profile Joined February 2012
Denmark657 Posts
March 31 2012 16:18 GMT
#194
On April 01 2012 01:14 Morofang wrote:
I hope they do, but I'm not 100% certain due to the fact they are trying to create a very balanced game when it comes to classes. Thats why they didn't do the dual class system this time around. If they do add new elite, it'll probably be after they balanced the classes more. (Sorry I mean professions of course ^^). I'm only talking about profession elites of course, which are supposed to be better than any other elite. At least thats what I assume..
It would be awesome if there was the ability to gain elites from a boss somehow, kinda like the copy skill in the orginal (I never used it so I'm a bit hazy on its function and appliance). Although like I said, adding new skills would create need for rebalancing most likely, so I doubt it will appear soon after launch.

On a different subject though XD I seem to recall that a dueling system won't be added on launch, did anyone hear otherwise? Just curious.


I wouldn't call it "re-balancing" but I'm sure ArenaNet will think skills through before they add them to the game, lol.

Dueling system? Like, 1v1?
afkøaoilncpsdpdnaædc
Morofang
Profile Joined December 2011
Netherlands45 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-31 16:26:40
March 31 2012 16:24 GMT
#195
Yeah.. I wanna challenge Valashu =P So I can wins XD ^^

Yeah I guess rebalancing would be the wrong word since they are most likely going to do all the balancing in the testing phases. I hope they do atleast. It would suck if they nerfed things just because other people complained. Like Blizzard >.< Traumas after my class got hit by the nerf bat 3 times ina row in WoW... I hate that game, good thing I never paid a penny to play ^^ *yay for sponsered Tanks*

Guild Wars 2 Europe
Pantythief
Profile Joined February 2012
Denmark657 Posts
March 31 2012 16:26 GMT
#196
o_o
afkøaoilncpsdpdnaædc
ain
Profile Joined July 2010
Germany786 Posts
March 31 2012 18:41 GMT
#197
On April 01 2012 01:24 Morofang wrote:
Yeah.. I wanna challenge Valashu =P So I can wins XD ^^

Yeah I guess rebalancing would be the wrong word since they are most likely going to do all the balancing in the testing phases. I hope they do atleast. It would suck if they nerfed things just because other people complained. Like Blizzard >.< Traumas after my class got hit by the nerf bat 3 times ina row in WoW... I hate that game, good thing I never paid a penny to play ^^ *yay for sponsered Tanks*


I would guess that there will be some workaround to it akin to GW1 where you just do a training GvG match.
That said it would still be incredibly pointless


For all the hate they got for GW1s balancing they actually did a decent job considering it was genuinely impossible to balance the mess of skills.
As much as I liked the CCG aspect of skills and 'build wars' I can perfectly understand and appreciate why they changed how it works for GW2.
Josh_rakoons
Profile Joined December 2011
United Kingdom1158 Posts
March 31 2012 18:41 GMT
#198
If any of you TL'ers are also redditors, i strongly suggest going to http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2, lots of small snippits of information and discussion!
Pantythief
Profile Joined February 2012
Denmark657 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-31 18:54:30
March 31 2012 18:48 GMT
#199
On March 31 2012 16:14 rivurivurivurivu wrote:
Are we going to hope in TS for the beta together ? We can try some pvp and kill some noobs and members of the press

I got 20 points in the HoM, just got them for the focus. Will play any class that use focus ♥


I just got the original game again. Perhaps you could stop by and help me out with the Hall of Monument points? =P

Anyway, I'll be grinding elite armor, titles and minipets for a month.
afkøaoilncpsdpdnaædc
Josh_rakoons
Profile Joined December 2011
United Kingdom1158 Posts
March 31 2012 19:08 GMT
#200
I'm bored, ill help you out.
Prev 1 8 9 10 11 12 93 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 2
Serral vs herO
Solar vs Shino
Maru vs Clem
SHIN vs GgMaChine
IntoTheiNu 1337
ComeBackTV 564
SteadfastSC476
TaKeTV 386
LamboSC2269
IndyStarCraft 144
Rex143
EnkiAlexander 59
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
13:00
King of the Hill #263
EmpressLilyy27
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 476
LamboSC2 269
IndyStarCraft 144
Rex 143
ProTech140
BRAT_OK 61
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 42797
Shuttle 2652
EffOrt 887
Light 819
Horang2 791
Mini 754
Soma 490
firebathero 342
Stork 338
BeSt 331
[ Show more ]
Hyuk 301
Snow 280
Rush 258
ggaemo 203
ZerO 189
Leta 141
hero 80
Pusan 70
Killer 63
Sea.KH 56
Sharp 48
sorry 37
Shinee 37
Mind 35
Mong 35
Shine 31
Bale 30
Yoon 29
ToSsGirL 27
Trap 24
Sexy 22
Terrorterran 21
soO 21
Free 15
Sacsri 11
zelot 9
ajuk12(nOOB) 7
Noble 3
Dota 2
Gorgc9227
Dendi929
qojqva727
Fuzer 199
420jenkins132
Counter-Strike
fl0m211
markeloff207
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1936
crisheroes1369
XaKoH 177
Other Games
singsing1984
B2W.Neo883
Liquid`VortiX190
Hui .186
ArmadaUGS145
QueenE100
Mew2King94
Trikslyr23
Railgan18
ZerO(Twitch)17
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream102
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 4
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• mYiSmile115
• Gemini_19 9
• Migwel
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• IndyKCrew
• Kozan
• intothetv
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 15
• FirePhoenix9
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 2115
League of Legends
• Jankos2286
• Nemesis2284
• TFBlade963
Other Games
• WagamamaTV189
• Shiphtur34
Upcoming Events
OSC
9h 6m
Stellar Fest
22h 6m
OSC
1d 7h
CranKy Ducklings
1d 19h
Online Event
1d 20h
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.