• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:01
CEST 22:01
KST 05:01
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon110
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8061 users

Crusader Kings II - Page 9

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 11 45 Next All
seRapH
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States9827 Posts
February 20 2012 16:09 GMT
#161
On February 20 2012 23:55 Skilledblob wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 20 2012 23:44 seRapH wrote:
Has anyone tried to sneak their way into a Muslim Caliphate/Sultanate yet? I can swear fealty to them but can't seem to figure out a way to effectively convert myself to Sunni/Shiite. Thought it'd be interesting to play from their perspective


well if you can get into a caliphate you might be able to get a muslim court chaplain. He will be able to convert you people.

Can't seem to be able to assign chaplains that aren't your religion. I managed to get my heir converted by sending him off to get tutored but when he came back fully aged he got converted by my chaplain shortly after -_-
boomer hands
Skilledblob
Profile Joined April 2011
Germany3392 Posts
February 20 2012 16:21 GMT
#162
On February 21 2012 01:09 seRapH wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 20 2012 23:55 Skilledblob wrote:
On February 20 2012 23:44 seRapH wrote:
Has anyone tried to sneak their way into a Muslim Caliphate/Sultanate yet? I can swear fealty to them but can't seem to figure out a way to effectively convert myself to Sunni/Shiite. Thought it'd be interesting to play from their perspective


well if you can get into a caliphate you might be able to get a muslim court chaplain. He will be able to convert you people.

Can't seem to be able to assign chaplains that aren't your religion. I managed to get my heir converted by sending him off to get tutored but when he came back fully aged he got converted by my chaplain shortly after -_-


well then try again without a chaplain :D
beef42
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Denmark1037 Posts
February 20 2012 16:22 GMT
#163
I'm pretty damn sure your vassals will hate your guts for being a muslim ruler and will do their utmost to slap your shit.

But do report back with any developments, it's quite interesting.
Haemonculus
Profile Blog Joined November 2004
United States6980 Posts
February 20 2012 20:05 GMT
#164
On February 21 2012 01:22 beef42 wrote:
I'm pretty damn sure your vassals will hate your guts for being a muslim ruler and will do their utmost to slap your shit.

But do report back with any developments, it's quite interesting.

Yeah it's a shame you can't play as other religions or government types. I'd love to try out Muslim or Pagan or Orthodox factions.

I hope they add it in patches or expos!
I admire your commitment to being *very* oily
Skilledblob
Profile Joined April 2011
Germany3392 Posts
February 20 2012 21:44 GMT
#165
you allready can play orthodox
MattBarry
Profile Joined March 2011
United States4006 Posts
February 21 2012 01:21 GMT
#166
On February 20 2012 19:41 Skilledblob wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 20 2012 11:41 Talin wrote:
Apparently half-brothers and half-sisters can marry. Time to recreate the Targaryens.

edit: whoops, or not -_- it did allow me to select them though. Well that's not very realistic.


aunt and niece is the closest you can marry. But the chances are high that their children get the inbred debuff and possible some other bad debuffs

Show nested quote +
On February 20 2012 09:54 GGTeMpLaR wrote:
Here's my finished Scotland game, couldn't quite unite all of England because I ran out of time and had some bad luck with chancellor failing to generate claims:



you can speed this up a lot when you find people with claims on your enemies provinces and then you invite them to your court and declare war.

You can marry your great-granddaughter
Platinum Support GOD
Candadar
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
2049 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-21 01:33:04
February 21 2012 01:32 GMT
#167
It's kind of a shame to see the EU3 more or less dead, but it's awesome that this thread is thriving.

^_^

You guys should do a progressive game or something.
Haemonculus
Profile Blog Joined November 2004
United States6980 Posts
February 21 2012 02:00 GMT
#168
Woah my game just took a crazy turn. I finally conquered all of Ireland and was king in total control. Gave a few duchies to my son, passed on the kingdom, he gave a few duchies to his heir, passed on the kingdom, and for about 60 years we peacefully worked on building infrastructure in grand island.

Then all of a sudden my king dies. His heir takes over. Uh oh, no sons on this one! He's got... 4 daughters! Before I can even think about changing laws or looking for an heir, he dies too!

After all that work to unite Ireland, I'm in quite the pickle! I am now the eldest daughter of the old king, duchess of Munster, and future queen if Ireland. Unfortunately, my 3 sisters control three other duchies, and father's old marshal controls the last. Suddenly there's a 4-way sister fight to re-claim the throne of Ireland!

This gonna be good!
I admire your commitment to being *very* oily
GGTeMpLaR
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United States7226 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-21 02:19:24
February 21 2012 02:08 GMT
#169
Byzantines (Empires and Large Kingdoms in general once you can stabilize and get a large dynasty) are ridiculous! They probably are a lot more challenging in a multiplayer where your vassals are capable of organizing, but as far as single player it's pretty much unstoppable. Once your first king dies in Byzantium you have a pretty damn difficult time holding it together because the heir has such shitty stats and everyone hates you, but if you survive another generation or two past the huge civil wars that ensue it just turns into this superpower that can constantly gobble up large duchies from all the surrounding heretics/infidels that give you Holy War causi belli.

My dynasty is pretty elite too, I always do matrilineal marry for my female dynasty members so that their children remain within the dynasty and for the males I pretty much marry them to either the 4-star diplomacy or 4-star steward profession in addition to one of the positive genetic traits so that later on all of the direct descendants should have a higher probability of inheriting those traits like strong/quick/genius/attractive etc. Always self-educate the highest ranking children as well, males getting preference, so that you get to choose which traits they are likely to get and for the others send them to one of my super-spouses that I had one of my kinsmen marry into to start building these pockets of self-sustaining duchies within the dynasty so that rule is easier.

The only risky moments once you get this stable dynasty spread throughout a decent portion of the empires duchies are when a king/queen dies in a bad time. Other than that you can pretty much imprison and put down any internal opposition that tries to rebel just because of how quickly you can pour units of 10,000 soldiers into their provinces that are capable of directly assaulting the holdings and forcing a surrender within a few months (it takes a lot more casualties but the manpower is pretty unmatched at this point in time).

The only way I can see the Byzantine Empire collapsing at this point is if the Mongolian invasion happens to coincide with a mini-civil war of some sort, but even then their chances are slim. I definitely believe the Muslims could use a little tweaking because the Byzantines usually end up like this when AI controlled anyways and never get taken out by the Turks like the historical outcome.

Essentially 100,000 troops and +40 income so able to hire another 10-20K worth of mercs
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


[image loading]

seRapH
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States9827 Posts
February 21 2012 02:11 GMT
#170
OOOOK So I did it

1066 I chose to play as the count of Kakheti, and immediatly swore fealty to the Sunni Caliphate. I just married any random woman since I don't think religion is passed on through genes or marriage, so it shouldn't really matter.

What's important is to have your heir be educated by someone who's Sunni, and preferably Bedouin too. The latter is unnecessary, but lets you skip the part of using the intrigue action to convert to your liege's culture. Don't make the same mistake I did and resign your court chaplain as soon as your son gets back and pray to god (whichever you choose ohoho) he lives long enough to have children of his own. Now obviously every one of your vassals hate you for being an infidel. Fix this by either assassinating them, demanding they convert, or getting a really good muslim court chaplain. Alternatively you could let them rebel and then surrender to them and take them over later in a holy war

What happens next:
You get the holy war CB against all non-muslim states. Really useful. The leader of your religion is your caliphate, and AFAIK there's no way to get an Invasion CB. Be careful of the Byzantine and the crusades too, can really screw up your day. I was lucky enough to accomplish what I wanted while the Byzantine was engulfed in civil war. Becoming Caliph on the other hand is actually a lot harder than I thought it'd be. The way it'd work in the HRE is that you'd get yourself in the succession line and then could just assassinate your way up front, but the Caliphate's system is that it's inheireted by the strongest son. Yeah. If anyone figures out a way please inform ^^
boomer hands
Omsomsoms
Profile Joined September 2011
Croatia194 Posts
February 21 2012 02:54 GMT
#171
If you guys want to be able to play a muslim/pagan/whatever, just click one of those shortly after clicking 'play' on the single player screen, as the screen is going dark.
Skilledblob
Profile Joined April 2011
Germany3392 Posts
February 21 2012 09:41 GMT
#172
On February 21 2012 11:54 Omsomsoms wrote:
If you guys want to be able to play a muslim/pagan/whatever, just click one of those shortly after clicking 'play' on the single player screen, as the screen is going dark.


only works in the demo afaik
EtherealBlade
Profile Joined August 2010
660 Posts
February 21 2012 09:57 GMT
#173
You can use the "play #" console command to play anyone in the full game.
Haemonculus
Profile Blog Joined November 2004
United States6980 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-21 13:30:21
February 21 2012 13:27 GMT
#174
Haha I'm loving this game.

I just had a 4-way cat fight for the throne of Ireland. My king died super young and then his son died literally 4 months afterward with no male heirs. He did however have 4 daughters. So I took over as the eldest daughter, and each of my sisters took another duchy. There's a 4-way brawl complete with assassination attempts and alliances. As soon as I came of age, I had my next eldest sister assassinated, and stripped titles from another. When she revolted, me and my last sister put her down, and she was executed. I'm the evil queen from hell!

With my dissenting sisters taken care of, and my last remaining sister a good servant, what to work on now... And my last sister can't live forever...

edit: And what's with the domestic issues in this game? Why do I always want to kill my spouse? All my kings wanted to kill their wives, and now my queen wants to kill her husband, even with 60+ relations! What kind of arguments are they gettin' into that I'm not aware of?? T_T
I admire your commitment to being *very* oily
Skilledblob
Profile Joined April 2011
Germany3392 Posts
February 21 2012 13:51 GMT
#175
do you use Gavelkind inheritance law? And you dont have to do the ambitions
Talin
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Montenegro10532 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-21 13:52:32
February 21 2012 13:51 GMT
#176
The killing your spouse thing just seems to be a default option for some weird reason, I can't think of a single character I didn't have that on.
Omsomsoms
Profile Joined September 2011
Croatia194 Posts
February 21 2012 14:05 GMT
#177
What kind of succession do you guys use? I really can't see the downside of promogeniture, especially when it comes to 'assisting' in the inheritance of your brothers/wives/children.
Bourneq
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Sweden800 Posts
February 21 2012 14:15 GMT
#178
I was playing as the king of Sweden, I need to get more comfterable with the game I think but I did quite well untill norway managed to occupy half of england and decided I was next. Got crushed by the norwegians as I had just spent 2/3 of my money on a grand tournament...
Talin
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Montenegro10532 Posts
February 21 2012 14:27 GMT
#179
On February 21 2012 23:05 Omsomsoms wrote:
What kind of succession do you guys use? I really can't see the downside of promogeniture, especially when it comes to 'assisting' in the inheritance of your brothers/wives/children.


Elective looks like the way to go for smaller realms at least. I basically get to put whoever I want on the throne as you can easily influence your vassal's voting, and the heir still gets everything.

Primogeniture seems the most limiting to me. The eldest kid might be totally useless (mine was a raving lunatic :D), and assassinations are rather costly and can fail. I like having a choice.
fush
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Canada563 Posts
February 21 2012 16:04 GMT
#180
On February 21 2012 23:27 Talin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 21 2012 23:05 Omsomsoms wrote:
What kind of succession do you guys use? I really can't see the downside of promogeniture, especially when it comes to 'assisting' in the inheritance of your brothers/wives/children.


Elective looks like the way to go for smaller realms at least. I basically get to put whoever I want on the throne as you can easily influence your vassal's voting, and the heir still gets everything.

Primogeniture seems the most limiting to me. The eldest kid might be totally useless (mine was a raving lunatic :D), and assassinations are rather costly and can fail. I like having a choice.


i'm still unclear as to how elective works - so much so that i'm scared of changing to it and losing outright. how do you exactly make your vassals vote for someone? is it their relation with you, and thus voting as you do? or is it their relation with your heir? in which case, how do i control their relation with the heir?

i was playing on ulster, formed ireland and making inroads to scotland (they're pretty much down and defeated, and i have the claim on albany, just waiting to press it after an imminent succession). had been running primogeniture as soon as i could get to it, and had been lucky with two very well-traited kings. ireland now has 4th largest army in the known world (behind byzantine empire, HRE, and a muslim caliphate whose name escapes me) and my personal demesne gets me about 200 gold each year with no taxation on nobles and normal taxation everywhere else (though i think i can get away with more taxation, noble opinions of liege are all close to 100). i've tried to stay away from crusades though, since i see no real gain for a nation that's so far from the holy land, and the spanish provinces feel like they're just asking for trouble. my game is weird in that the muslims are the predominant force, and without the HRE nations crusading, they'd have completely overrun asia minor by 1100. the iberian peninsula is already all muslim, with castille holding about 3 provinces and a fragmented france with 3 more in the catalan region.

tldr, love this game.
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 11 45 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 557
UpATreeSC 94
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 869
Dewaltoss 123
firebathero 82
Zeus 65
910 40
Trap 38
Bale 25
NaDa 24
ToSsGirL 20
Shine 15
Dota 2
Gorgc6653
420jenkins268
monkeys_forever72
Counter-Strike
edward281
Super Smash Bros
ArmadaUGS148
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu2199
Other Games
summit1g5603
Grubby2796
Beastyqt652
B2W.Neo642
shahzam442
byalli417
C9.Mang0161
TKL 150
KnowMe141
ToD94
Railgan17
Chillindude13
Organizations
Other Games
WardiTV254
BasetradeTV238
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream121
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 14
• Adnapsc2 14
• Reevou 5
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki30
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Shiphtur302
• WagamamaTV268
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
4h
Kung Fu Cup
15h
Stellar Fest
17h
The PondCast
1d 14h
OSC
1d 17h
OSC
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.