• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:50
CEST 14:50
KST 21:50
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon108
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
All you football fans (soccer)! Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8075 users

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning thread - Page 2

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 23 24 25 Next All
JohannesH
Profile Joined September 2009
Finland1364 Posts
January 31 2012 04:50 GMT
#21
On January 20 2012 09:08 holdthephone wrote:
The art direction is quite admirable, I think. It's cartoony and pretty.The beginning dungeon was rather dry but I don't see how the rest is "low-budget."

Swords that look more like planks, fuck yeah :D
If you have to ask, you don't know.
Drowsy
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
United States4876 Posts
January 31 2012 04:58 GMT
#22
Art direction is definitely pretty cool, but reminds me a lot of the Overlord series of games.
Our Protoss, Who art in Aiur HongUn be Thy name; Thy stalker come, Thy will be blunk, on ladder as it is in Micro Tourny. Give us this win in our daily ladder, and forgive us our cheeses, As we forgive those who play zerg against us.
Telcontar
Profile Joined May 2010
United Kingdom16710 Posts
January 31 2012 05:01 GMT
#23
Just finished playing through Witcher 1 & 2 again and I'm itching for a good RPG until ME3 comes out. I might give this a try since R.A. Salvatore created the world, and I used to love his Drizzt stories as a kid.
Et Eärello Endorenna utúlien. Sinome maruvan ar Hildinyar tenn' Ambar-metta.
Aela
Profile Joined January 2012
97 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-31 11:51:33
January 31 2012 11:50 GMT
#24
The game looks way to colorful. I hope there will be a option to make the look more normal and turn down the saturation.

I'm itching for a good RPG until ME3 comes out

Mass Effect is a Action-Shooter and no RPG lolz!
zeehar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Korea (South)3804 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-31 12:03:09
January 31 2012 11:57 GMT
#25
combat is actually fun in this game. i'll get it once the disc version comes out in korea.

edit: preorders have started! ordered. it's funny how the disc versions are so much cheaper in korea than on steam ($60 on steam, $40 for the disc with all three DLC packs)
I AM THE UNIVERSAL CONSTANT
Aela
Profile Joined January 2012
97 Posts
January 31 2012 12:04 GMT
#26
No one should every buy a new game on steam. steam is ridiculous overpriced when it comes to new games. Got Skyrim for 27€ while it was 60€ at steam omg.
BLinD-RawR
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
ALLEYCAT BLUES51537 Posts
January 31 2012 13:14 GMT
#27
On January 31 2012 20:57 zeehar wrote:
combat is actually fun in this game. i'll get it once the disc version comes out in korea.

edit: preorders have started! ordered. it's funny how the disc versions are so much cheaper in korea than on steam ($60 on steam, $40 for the disc with all three DLC packs)


well physical copies in India arrive 3 days after the release date and cost around 20$(Rs.999 for the PC version) includes the DLCs.:p
Brood War EICWoo Jung Ho, never forget.| Twitter: @BLinDRawR
Hadraziel
Profile Joined May 2010
Russian Federation114 Posts
January 31 2012 14:05 GMT
#28
I played through the demo, and I could not find how to see the character stats.
This is really mind-boggling me, did I miss something ? Since the game gave me pieces of equipment with critical damage, I wanted to see what was my crit%, but I could not find it anywhere.

Am I wrong, or did the developers just forget to put a basic RPG element in this game?
Candadar
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
2049 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-31 14:08:51
January 31 2012 14:08 GMT
#29
Very mediocre all around.

I would not pay a dime over $30 for it, however. I presume the $60 pricetag has to do specifically with EA's bullshit. The demo was supposedly unfinished, as the devs were supposedly forced by EA to release the demo before it was ready. I dunno. However, everything this game does is painfully average. It does nothing bad, but it doesn't try to do anything necessarily good either. I may pick it up during the next Steam Sale if it goes off super cheap.
DCRed
Profile Joined May 2011
Finland435 Posts
January 31 2012 14:50 GMT
#30
On January 31 2012 23:08 Candadar wrote:
Very mediocre all around.

I would not pay a dime over $30 for it, however. I presume the $60 pricetag has to do specifically with EA's bullshit. The demo was supposedly unfinished, as the devs were supposedly forced by EA to release the demo before it was ready. I dunno. However, everything this game does is painfully average. It does nothing bad, but it doesn't try to do anything necessarily good either. I may pick it up during the next Steam Sale if it goes off super cheap.


This boggles my mind, when "random" company makes "mediocre" game it is viewed very often in a negative way rather than good. It's okay but that's it. Hell, DA:O was as cliche fantasy game as any but it did it's job okay. Now you add in the overly positive reviews 'cause EA published it and wait some time(especially now that the sequel was simply very bad) the game somehow has become very good? I've played DA:O only once to this day and it's an okay RPG, genre I very much like so I played it turning over every rock and went through all dialogue options. Things are subjective sure but I don't remember anyone flagging for DA:O to be masterpiece at it's release

Then we have KoA:R which has pretty good names working on it, but the company ain't known for most. Sure the dialogue and story doesn't seem to be that captivating in the demo but hell I've played many with much worse. Combat system which they seem to have focused was to my liking. I got sick of Skyrim after 50 hours and went on to finish main quests. Music, which for me at least is very big thing in RPGs, seems to be pretty nice and I've never really cared about graphics that much. Reading here and around other sites the consensus seems to be this game is average, if not slightly worse.

Buying new games from steam seems pretty expensive, right now this game is 36,90€ from where I often get games and what I've seen from the demo this should be pretty good bang for my buck. I know things are subjective and 60€ is something I wouldn't pay either but with that tag even if the game is only 'average' I should be happy.
procyonlotor
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Italy473 Posts
January 31 2012 15:26 GMT
#31
I just want to mention that campiness, whether in story path or dialog, is something this game cannot be accused of without involving all its peers, including Mass Effect, Dragon Age, and Skyrim, into the same critical analysis. They are not better than Amalur by any means. Skyrim's narrative was little more than worthless, while Dragon Age laughably styled itself dark fantasy, whatever that means. Meanwhile, Mass Effect has been channeling the spirit of Star Wars except with awkward combat which was later replaced with a muddy narrative. Tacky dialog all around. There has never been any shortage of it in this industry. Look at all those titles. Mass Effect has been slowly trying to become Gears of War; in Skyrim you wield a stick dressed in different trappings with every possible attack; in Dragon Age you think, not fight. What you have in Amalur is a combo based system with no cooldowns, in which timing, positioning, and coordination are key to success. It is closer to God of War or Arkham Asylum; it is colorful if not spectacular and most importantly it promises so much content that only Skyrim is above it.

The trick with every game is the conceit that what you are doing is cool. You embrace all the poorly done bullshit because the game is actually fun and because it is fun it is a good place to be in. Amalur is no different, you just have to get past the MMO engine.
zeehar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Korea (South)3804 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-31 16:04:33
January 31 2012 16:04 GMT
#32
reckoning makes going back to skyrim's "combat" system so so painful
I AM THE UNIVERSAL CONSTANT
crms
Profile Joined February 2010
United States11933 Posts
January 31 2012 16:24 GMT
#33
congrats to you all that got to play the demo.. I downloaded the demo on steam, turned it to max settings and it never loaded when I was supposed to 'wake up'. It would just freeze and spam menu overlays until I closed it out. I found out later the demo won't run with post processing enabled or AA turned up very high. Why have those options if the game can't run them? I uninstalled in frustration before I learned about how you have to 'fix' their demo to play it. Anyway, that encounter made the game irrelevent to me.
http://i.imgur.com/fAUOr2c.png | Fighting games are great
Tobberoth
Profile Joined August 2010
Sweden6375 Posts
January 31 2012 16:31 GMT
#34
On February 01 2012 01:24 crms wrote:
congrats to you all that got to play the demo.. I downloaded the demo on steam, turned it to max settings and it never loaded when I was supposed to 'wake up'. It would just freeze and spam menu overlays until I closed it out. I found out later the demo won't run with post processing enabled or AA turned up very high. Why have those options if the game can't run them? I uninstalled in frustration before I learned about how you have to 'fix' their demo to play it. Anyway, that encounter made the game irrelevent to me.

A DEMONSTRATION not working as the final release? BY GOD!
crms
Profile Joined February 2010
United States11933 Posts
January 31 2012 16:39 GMT
#35
On February 01 2012 01:31 Tobberoth wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 01 2012 01:24 crms wrote:
congrats to you all that got to play the demo.. I downloaded the demo on steam, turned it to max settings and it never loaded when I was supposed to 'wake up'. It would just freeze and spam menu overlays until I closed it out. I found out later the demo won't run with post processing enabled or AA turned up very high. Why have those options if the game can't run them? I uninstalled in frustration before I learned about how you have to 'fix' their demo to play it. Anyway, that encounter made the game irrelevent to me.

A DEMONSTRATION not working as the final release? BY GOD!


It reflets poorly on the quality of the design team and creators of the game. Are you saying releasing a demo that crashes and locks up your computer is a good way to market your game? A demo is supposed to show off their game, entice you to buy it.. if all it does is locks your computer and crashes because you enable post processing (an option they allow you to enable) you aren't exactly going to be thrilled or confident in the release.

The fuck is your point?
http://i.imgur.com/fAUOr2c.png | Fighting games are great
Xinder
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States2269 Posts
January 31 2012 16:42 GMT
#36
On February 01 2012 01:31 Tobberoth wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 01 2012 01:24 crms wrote:
congrats to you all that got to play the demo.. I downloaded the demo on steam, turned it to max settings and it never loaded when I was supposed to 'wake up'. It would just freeze and spam menu overlays until I closed it out. I found out later the demo won't run with post processing enabled or AA turned up very high. Why have those options if the game can't run them? I uninstalled in frustration before I learned about how you have to 'fix' their demo to play it. Anyway, that encounter made the game irrelevent to me.

A DEMONSTRATION not working as the final release? BY GOD!


It's blasphemous!! Grab your pitchforks!!
"Daaayyyy9, King Pussyfoot of NinnyVille"- Day9 while playing Amnesia
Tobberoth
Profile Joined August 2010
Sweden6375 Posts
January 31 2012 16:52 GMT
#37
On February 01 2012 01:39 crms wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 01 2012 01:31 Tobberoth wrote:
On February 01 2012 01:24 crms wrote:
congrats to you all that got to play the demo.. I downloaded the demo on steam, turned it to max settings and it never loaded when I was supposed to 'wake up'. It would just freeze and spam menu overlays until I closed it out. I found out later the demo won't run with post processing enabled or AA turned up very high. Why have those options if the game can't run them? I uninstalled in frustration before I learned about how you have to 'fix' their demo to play it. Anyway, that encounter made the game irrelevent to me.

A DEMONSTRATION not working as the final release? BY GOD!


It reflets poorly on the quality of the design team and creators of the game. Are you saying releasing a demo that crashes and locks up your computer is a good way to market your game? A demo is supposed to show off their game, entice you to buy it.. if all it does is locks your computer and crashes because you enable post processing (an option they allow you to enable) you aren't exactly going to be thrilled or confident in the release.

The fuck is your point?

You aren't forced to enable it, obviously enabling it triggers a bug which crashes the game for you, a bug which will probably be fixed in the final release.

My point stands: It's a demo, live with it.
quickshot10101
Profile Joined October 2010
Canada54 Posts
January 31 2012 18:49 GMT
#38
Kingdoms of Amalur Reckoning Demo 1080 - I think I'm going to like this game



I look at Kingdoms of Amalur Reckoning Demo. I was a fan of fable but I did not like a lot of things about it. Im really hoping this game comes through for me as I have craved a good rpg as of late.

This game had no issues installing/launching as many have stated but there were a few graphical issues I needed to sort out. Once I got that figured out the game overall ran flawlessly, and maintained framerates over 100 even while recording so A+ there. Anywho enjoy the vid.

COMPUTER SPECS

*Windows 7 - 64 Bit
*Tower: Cooler Master 690
*Processor: Intel Core i5-2500 3.3ghz OC'ed to 4.5ghz
*Ram: 8GB 1600mhz g.skill ripjaws
*Graphics Card: Ati 6850 x2 crossfire Oc'ed to 930/1150
*Mother Board: Asus P8P67
*Power Supply: Antec current gamer 620watt
*Storage: Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 7200 RPM
Dont worry, thats Halo
Telcontar
Profile Joined May 2010
United Kingdom16710 Posts
January 31 2012 18:51 GMT
#39
On January 31 2012 20:50 Aela wrote:
The game looks way to colorful. I hope there will be a option to make the look more normal and turn down the saturation.

Show nested quote +
I'm itching for a good RPG until ME3 comes out

Mass Effect is a Action-Shooter and no RPG lolz!

Where was it written that I thought ME3 a RPG?
Et Eärello Endorenna utúlien. Sinome maruvan ar Hildinyar tenn' Ambar-metta.
crms
Profile Joined February 2010
United States11933 Posts
January 31 2012 19:11 GMT
#40
On February 01 2012 01:52 Tobberoth wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 01 2012 01:39 crms wrote:
On February 01 2012 01:31 Tobberoth wrote:
On February 01 2012 01:24 crms wrote:
congrats to you all that got to play the demo.. I downloaded the demo on steam, turned it to max settings and it never loaded when I was supposed to 'wake up'. It would just freeze and spam menu overlays until I closed it out. I found out later the demo won't run with post processing enabled or AA turned up very high. Why have those options if the game can't run them? I uninstalled in frustration before I learned about how you have to 'fix' their demo to play it. Anyway, that encounter made the game irrelevent to me.

A DEMONSTRATION not working as the final release? BY GOD!


It reflets poorly on the quality of the design team and creators of the game. Are you saying releasing a demo that crashes and locks up your computer is a good way to market your game? A demo is supposed to show off their game, entice you to buy it.. if all it does is locks your computer and crashes because you enable post processing (an option they allow you to enable) you aren't exactly going to be thrilled or confident in the release.

The fuck is your point?

You aren't forced to enable it, obviously enabling it triggers a bug which crashes the game for you, a bug which will probably be fixed in the final release.

My point stands: It's a demo, live with it.


Obviously? I had to go research the issue on forums unrelated to the game developers to find out what the issue was.

I don't think you understand the difference between a beta (which has acceptable flaws) and a demo. A demo is a purposefully released segment of the game for the developer to show off, THIS IS OUR GAME, PLAY IT, SEE HOW GREAT IT IS. They hope the demo is good enough to make you BUY the game when it comes out.

Why are you even arguing with me? I didn't say the game will be bad. I said I stopped caring about the game because the demo was a broken mess. I played a broken demo and my interest went down, isn't that completely fucking reasonable?Releasing a demo with settings that will break the game is not GOOD, I don't care how you want to look at the value of a demo is a STUPID thing for a developer to do. How can you even begin to argue otherwise?

Jesus Christ wtf is with people like you.
http://i.imgur.com/fAUOr2c.png | Fighting games are great
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 23 24 25 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Sparkling Tuna Cup
10:00
Weekly #148 (SHIN Mod Edition)
herO vs PercivalLIVE!
CranKy Ducklings167
CranKy Ducklings SOOP48
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech131
StarCraft: Brood War
Bisu 5549
Jaedong 3358
Leta 1779
EffOrt 722
Horang2 497
Soma 409
BeSt 402
Mini 293
Killer 287
Rush 251
[ Show more ]
Stork 223
Light 171
Barracks 132
Zeus 130
Pusan 118
Larva 112
Snow 109
ggaemo 104
Sea.KH 60
Mong 54
JYJ 53
hero 39
HiyA 39
ToSsGirL 38
Bale 37
Sharp 30
Shinee 22
sorry 20
Aegong 17
Sexy 17
zelot 13
JulyZerg 9
Sacsri 9
Icarus 7
Dota 2
Gorgc6760
Dendi772
XaKoH 513
Counter-Strike
kRYSTAL_86
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes3782
Other Games
gofns43396
singsing1623
olofmeister1283
B2W.Neo689
byalli513
Lowko331
Livibee197
OGKoka 103
DeMusliM100
ArmadaUGS78
mouzStarbuck10
Organizations
StarCraft 2
WardiTV469
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream249
Other Games
BasetradeTV221
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix3
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV293
League of Legends
• Jankos1686
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
11h 10m
Kung Fu Cup
22h 10m
The PondCast
1d 21h
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.