• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:40
CEST 04:40
KST 11:40
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2317
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8353 users

[wow] Mists of pandaria - Page 19

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 17 18 19 20 21 109 Next
The NA-based TL WoW guild has been set: it is being formed on Cenarius as alliance. Talk to farvacola if you want more info!

Add yourself to the player list!

Use this thread http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=434775 for Warlord of Draenor discussion please!
askTeivospy
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
1525 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-01 04:54:15
December 01 2011 04:52 GMT
#361
On November 28 2011 22:47 oweia wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 28 2011 22:36 Velr wrote:
On November 28 2011 12:32 Skyling wrote:
I have played since mid vanilla WOW and I was never in that hardcore raiding guild.

I have issues paying attention for long amounts of time and i hate doing long raids and dungeons. In cata the sheer amount of things to do at end game is more amazing then any other expansion so far. I can choose to do dailies, random heroics, pvp, go out and find something cool. Stand out in the world and just look around and enjoy it, talk with guildies, talk in trade chat, or in the next patch there will be the darkmoon faire and looking for raids!!!! This is awesome for us casual players.

If you look at end game content in the old parts of wow:
Vanilla you could either grind out in pvp doing massive amounts of it or find 19 or 39 other people to do raids with. I did the pvp grind and quit it after i went on vacation for a week and lost a whole pvp rank

in BC you could play 10 arena and get epic gear (what i did) or you could grind thru regs to get your rep up then go thru heroics so you can start raiding in actual raids way too many steps for us casuals. But at least they started having dailies, and the Isle of Quel'dantis (omg amazing) which made me a happy camper I could actually spend my time doing stuff for actual rewards that didn't involve me looking for anther group of people to help me do stuff. I thought this right here was the best.

Then wrath came out.
In wrath you could do dailies or do raids or do heroics. They also weren't as tough to get into as BC but i hated sitting in trade looking for people to do heroics PVP was alot harder to get gear in so i couldn't get my epic gear there. But then i had a lvl 80 around the time LFG came out and i was just geared enough for it (woot!!) so i could run my heroic once a day and get epic gear so i could finally join a pug raid and see end game content!!! That was amazing.

Then cata came out and at the start I could do dailies to advance myself or do random dungeons and it just keep getting better. I am expecting with the gear reset in the next patch I will be able to get awesome gear that can then get me into looking for raid and i can enjoy the experience of raid content again also Molten front dailies are awesome.

I am sure most elitist will call me a casual player but I am and I don't care. I am happy the game is more available to me now then ever before. No more crazy grinds, interesting fight mechanics, and in MOP i am sure i will be enjoying even more lore in an Asian setting with my brand new undead monk <3




People like you killed Wow for most others .


LoL i wanted to answer the same...
But yeah, people like you just wanted to put zero effort into the game and blizz decided to make it way to easy for casuals!


please, casuals didn't ruin the game. What ruined the game for me was how they made it impossible to piss off hardcore raiding guilds via mass dispelling them while they were buffing endlessly. We held up sunwell alliance progression on our server by making them rage quit their raids ^>^

Anyways wow isn't fun because they made PvP into a grind. Nothing is a challenge or skill based in wow, everything is a grind for numbers. IMO the only numbers worth grinding are your GPA or your $$$ so I don't see why these expansion which just adds a bunch of nonsense to grind moreso is worth anyones time.
hihihi
rederoin
Profile Joined August 2010
Netherlands51 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-01 10:23:08
December 01 2011 10:10 GMT
#362
I wasen't planning on buying it. But then I started playing WoW again.
I don't even know why I enjoy playing WoW so much.

Oh well, I might as well try to get world/server-first with getting all classes to lvl 90.
What is this I don't even
Brett
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
Australia3823 Posts
July 25 2012 13:39 GMT
#363
Game is dated.

Releases 25 September 2012. Is now available for pre-purchase on Bnet.
HeeroFX
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States2704 Posts
July 25 2012 13:48 GMT
#364
I played WoW until lich king. It was a fun game, and I put a lot of time into it and had fun. But After killing the lich king, I quit. When I left a guild i played with for a year(Guild leader went crazy, and whoever was in charge of recruitment was also pretty fail) I lost desire to play because suddenly I was raiding with a bunch of new people, and while I was main tank of the new guild I was in, I didn't care to get to know the people in the new guild as much and was just really not interested. Cata did look interesting but i'd rather play console based RPGS atm.
Embir
Profile Joined January 2011
Poland567 Posts
July 25 2012 13:59 GMT
#365
For me WoW was killed by too big amount of tounge in cheek humour. Pop cultural references or jokes are good thing but not in overdose. It just breaks the immersion of fantasy world.
The second thing that killed this game for me was queing dungeons - cross realm play take away from you the feeling of real living world with characters that you can interact with.

As for the easier accesibility of the end world content I'm fine. Not everyone is no-life nerd who spends long hours in front of monitor. I've got work, gym, books and other activities I would like to spend my time on. It was good for this game.
Unfortunately immersion is completely broken ATM.

HaXXspetten
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Sweden15718 Posts
July 25 2012 14:14 GMT
#366
So soon eh? Well I guess it's closing in fast then. My WoW career has probably come to an end, but we'll see ^^
gTank
Profile Joined January 2011
Austria2668 Posts
July 25 2012 14:21 GMT
#367
If that means Hots will come even later (or next year), this will make me a sad panda

(no pun intended)
One crossed wire, one wayward pinch of potassium chlorate, one errant twitch...and kablooie!
paralleluniverse
Profile Joined July 2010
4065 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-25 14:49:13
July 25 2012 14:48 GMT
#368
On July 25 2012 22:59 Embir wrote:
For me WoW was killed by too big amount of tounge in cheek humour. Pop cultural references or jokes are good thing but not in overdose. It just breaks the immersion of fantasy world.
The second thing that killed this game for me was queing dungeons - cross realm play take away from you the feeling of real living world with characters that you can interact with.

As for the easier accesibility of the end world content I'm fine. Not everyone is no-life nerd who spends long hours in front of monitor. I've got work, gym, books and other activities I would like to spend my time on. It was good for this game.
Unfortunately immersion is completely broken ATM.


So if they removed the LFG tool and forced you to make a group via LFG chat, you'll play WoW again?

Somehow, I highly doubt whether or not you play or quit WoW depends on how you form groups, more so than the content that you do in the group. You're essentially saying that how groups are formed is more important for gameplay than the content that the group plays through.

That is a ridiculous notion.
Candadar
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
2049 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-25 15:05:57
July 25 2012 14:51 GMT
#369


For all my WoW vets out there. I think we can all agree with this video. I hope Blizzard proves me wrong though

EDIT: If you really want to get to the powerful part, go to 6 minutes and watch on. Just kind of sad, really =/
Torenhire
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States11681 Posts
July 25 2012 14:51 GMT
#370
So since I got kind of put in command of recruiting for the TL guild (not the old one, but the new one, since the old one is dead)

If anyone is coming back for Mists or wants to start playing in preparation for it.

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=323222

^--- Go there and make a post, come find me or anyone in the guild and we can invite you :D
SirJolt: Well maybe if you weren't so big and stupid, it wouldn't have hit you.
blug
Profile Joined February 2011
Australia623 Posts
July 25 2012 14:56 GMT
#371
Blizzard did a few things right. I think the LFD system they brought in removed alot of hassle.

LFR was a big mistake for me. I am a casual player and I don't really care if I get to see all the content. If anything, I liked not seeing all the content because it always gave me a sense of more to do. I raided back in BC in a casual guild and I cleared up to the third boss in SSC before they made the game easier with welfare epics, and then I cleared up to BT. That's when it was all going down hill for me.

I'm not sure if I can say Blizzard is doing it wrong, because it is only my personal experience. If other people feel they need to see the content then fair enough, but I'm not going to play WoW anymore =/. I've quit since LFR came out.
Derp
-UMADIMSTYLIN-
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Cuba292 Posts
July 25 2012 15:03 GMT
#372
WoW is actually the only MMO i've ever enjoyed playing for some reason. I've tried SWTOR,Guild Wars2, Tera, and I just can't get into them like WoW. Maybe it's because all my friends play?!?

Anyhow really excited for this as I've been trying to find another game other than sc2 to play
paralleluniverse
Profile Joined July 2010
4065 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-25 15:14:15
July 25 2012 15:09 GMT
#373
On July 25 2012 23:51 Candadar wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rd0-zVIBVo

For all my WoW vets out there. I think we can all agree with this video. I hope Blizzard proves me wrong though

In case you haven't realized, WoW is as hard as ever. Both T11 and T12 were probably amongst the hardest tiers of raids ever made, although T13 is probably easier.

The video says that it took 4 months before Kael'thas was defeated. But TBC launched with 2 raid tiers, not 1.

In fact, if we compare this to Ulduar, released in WotLK (people who were never involved in progression raiding claim that this is when WoW started to be dumbed down for the masses), Yogg-0 wasn't cleared until 3 months after patch 3.1. That's 3 whole months on a single tier before the world first kill.

The claims that raiders are no longer special, that they aren't rewarded far above and beyond lesser players, and that progression raiding in WoW is now easy, are simply false. The people who do these heroic raids have the best gear, they get special mounts for the meta-achievements, and are highly regarded in the community.
blug
Profile Joined February 2011
Australia623 Posts
July 25 2012 15:17 GMT
#374
On July 26 2012 00:09 paralleluniverse wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 25 2012 23:51 Candadar wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rd0-zVIBVo

For all my WoW vets out there. I think we can all agree with this video. I hope Blizzard proves me wrong though

In case you haven't realized, WoW as harder than ever. Both T11 and T12 were probably the hardest tier of raids ever made.

The video says that it took 4 months before Kael'thas was defeated. But TBC launched with 2 raid tiers, not 1.

In fact, we if we compare this to Ulduar, released in WotLK (what people where never involved in progression raiding claims when WoW was dumbed down for the masses), Yogg-0 wasn't cleared until 3 months after patch 3.1. That's 3 whole months on a single tier before the world first kill.

The fact that raiders are not specials and that progression raiding in WoW is now easy is simply false. The people who do these heroic raids have the best gear, the special mounts for the meta-achievements, and are high-regarded in the community.


Ulduar was the only good instance Blizzard has brought out after WotLK was released because you had to fight your way through to see content rather than have it given to you.

People say that "Hardcore Raiders" are irrational, but I am willing to accept that Blizzard have done thing right in the past. As a Casual, I had my most fun during BC and when naxxramas was released the game died for me (Besides ulduar, that was a good instance).

Theres 0 reason to raid for me now once I clear it on LFR (Which I did on the first days they were released). You could argue "Join a hardcore guild" but I've already seen the content, theres no reason to even try now. I do like to play for a challenge, but doing LFR and then transitioning into hard mode is equivalent to playing through Resident evil on Easy and then playing it again on hard afterwards. It's incredibly boring!
Derp
paralleluniverse
Profile Joined July 2010
4065 Posts
July 25 2012 15:20 GMT
#375
On July 26 2012 00:17 blug wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 26 2012 00:09 paralleluniverse wrote:
On July 25 2012 23:51 Candadar wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rd0-zVIBVo

For all my WoW vets out there. I think we can all agree with this video. I hope Blizzard proves me wrong though

In case you haven't realized, WoW as harder than ever. Both T11 and T12 were probably the hardest tier of raids ever made.

The video says that it took 4 months before Kael'thas was defeated. But TBC launched with 2 raid tiers, not 1.

In fact, we if we compare this to Ulduar, released in WotLK (what people where never involved in progression raiding claims when WoW was dumbed down for the masses), Yogg-0 wasn't cleared until 3 months after patch 3.1. That's 3 whole months on a single tier before the world first kill.

The fact that raiders are not specials and that progression raiding in WoW is now easy is simply false. The people who do these heroic raids have the best gear, the special mounts for the meta-achievements, and are high-regarded in the community.


Ulduar was the only good instance Blizzard has brought out after WotLK was released because you had to fight your way through to see content rather than have it given to you.

People say that "Hardcore Raiders" are irrational, but I am willing to accept that Blizzard have done thing right in the past. As a Casual, I had my most fun during BC and when naxxramas was released the game died for me (Besides ulduar, that was a good instance).

Theres 0 reason to raid for me now once I clear it on LFR (Which I did on the first days they were released). You could argue "Join a hardcore guild" but I've already seen the content, theres no reason to even try now. I do like to play for a challenge, but doing LFR and then transitioning into hard mode is equivalent to playing through Resident evil on Easy and then playing it again on hard afterwards. It's incredibly boring!

Status, epeen, challenge and guild

That's why you should do hard modes.
blug
Profile Joined February 2011
Australia623 Posts
July 25 2012 15:25 GMT
#376
On July 26 2012 00:20 paralleluniverse wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 26 2012 00:17 blug wrote:
On July 26 2012 00:09 paralleluniverse wrote:
On July 25 2012 23:51 Candadar wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rd0-zVIBVo

For all my WoW vets out there. I think we can all agree with this video. I hope Blizzard proves me wrong though

In case you haven't realized, WoW as harder than ever. Both T11 and T12 were probably the hardest tier of raids ever made.

The video says that it took 4 months before Kael'thas was defeated. But TBC launched with 2 raid tiers, not 1.

In fact, we if we compare this to Ulduar, released in WotLK (what people where never involved in progression raiding claims when WoW was dumbed down for the masses), Yogg-0 wasn't cleared until 3 months after patch 3.1. That's 3 whole months on a single tier before the world first kill.

The fact that raiders are not specials and that progression raiding in WoW is now easy is simply false. The people who do these heroic raids have the best gear, the special mounts for the meta-achievements, and are high-regarded in the community.


Ulduar was the only good instance Blizzard has brought out after WotLK was released because you had to fight your way through to see content rather than have it given to you.

People say that "Hardcore Raiders" are irrational, but I am willing to accept that Blizzard have done thing right in the past. As a Casual, I had my most fun during BC and when naxxramas was released the game died for me (Besides ulduar, that was a good instance).

Theres 0 reason to raid for me now once I clear it on LFR (Which I did on the first days they were released). You could argue "Join a hardcore guild" but I've already seen the content, theres no reason to even try now. I do like to play for a challenge, but doing LFR and then transitioning into hard mode is equivalent to playing through Resident evil on Easy and then playing it again on hard afterwards. It's incredibly boring!

Status, epeen, challenge and guild

That's why you should do hard modes.


That's not enough dude, I want new things to do in the game all the time and you always had that feeling in BC. EPEEN hardly exists anymore, and as a casual player I couldn't give a shit about players with better gear than me now. Everyone wears the same gear now (And if you have higher tier it basically looks the same)

Guild members.... They are the only reason I would keep playing, but that's no excuse for Blizzard to keep releasing bad content.
Derp
paralleluniverse
Profile Joined July 2010
4065 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-25 16:00:07
July 25 2012 15:52 GMT
#377
On July 26 2012 00:25 blug wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 26 2012 00:20 paralleluniverse wrote:
On July 26 2012 00:17 blug wrote:
On July 26 2012 00:09 paralleluniverse wrote:
On July 25 2012 23:51 Candadar wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rd0-zVIBVo

For all my WoW vets out there. I think we can all agree with this video. I hope Blizzard proves me wrong though

In case you haven't realized, WoW as harder than ever. Both T11 and T12 were probably the hardest tier of raids ever made.

The video says that it took 4 months before Kael'thas was defeated. But TBC launched with 2 raid tiers, not 1.

In fact, we if we compare this to Ulduar, released in WotLK (what people where never involved in progression raiding claims when WoW was dumbed down for the masses), Yogg-0 wasn't cleared until 3 months after patch 3.1. That's 3 whole months on a single tier before the world first kill.

The fact that raiders are not specials and that progression raiding in WoW is now easy is simply false. The people who do these heroic raids have the best gear, the special mounts for the meta-achievements, and are high-regarded in the community.


Ulduar was the only good instance Blizzard has brought out after WotLK was released because you had to fight your way through to see content rather than have it given to you.

People say that "Hardcore Raiders" are irrational, but I am willing to accept that Blizzard have done thing right in the past. As a Casual, I had my most fun during BC and when naxxramas was released the game died for me (Besides ulduar, that was a good instance).

Theres 0 reason to raid for me now once I clear it on LFR (Which I did on the first days they were released). You could argue "Join a hardcore guild" but I've already seen the content, theres no reason to even try now. I do like to play for a challenge, but doing LFR and then transitioning into hard mode is equivalent to playing through Resident evil on Easy and then playing it again on hard afterwards. It's incredibly boring!

Status, epeen, challenge and guild

That's why you should do hard modes.


That's not enough dude, I want new things to do in the game all the time and you always had that feeling in BC. EPEEN hardly exists anymore, and as a casual player I couldn't give a shit about players with better gear than me now. Everyone wears the same gear now (And if you have higher tier it basically looks the same)

Guild members.... They are the only reason I would keep playing, but that's no excuse for Blizzard to keep releasing bad content.

Do you really think TBC had more things to do than WoW has now? Consider that nothing in TBC was removed.

Daily quests were created in TBC, daily quests are still here, rep grinds existed back then, rep grinds still exist. BGs and arenas existed in TBC, there are still BGs and arenas. In addition, there are now more dailies than before, more BGs, there's transmog, which gives you an incentive to do old content. And of course there's heroic dungeons and raids.

You say that epeen doesn't matter, and then you say that everyone wears the same gear. So does gear matter or not? It's not true that everyone is in the same gear, most people can't even do normal raids, despite the fact that they are extremely easy, and heroic geared raiders have gear that is a full tier above normal raiders. Heroic raiders have far superior gear to the rest of the playerbase.

You can tell someone is a highly successful heroic raider firstly from the guild name, the guild name itself is a huge status symbol, being in the best guild on the server means you're one of the best on the server. Then there's the gear (or ilvl or gearscore), the achievements, the special mounts that non-raiders can't get, and the fact that they're doing 1.5 to 2 times more DPS than the next guy on the damage meters in a PUG.

Epeen does matter. And I can spot a large epeen from a mile away.
NIIINO
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Slovakia1320 Posts
July 25 2012 16:02 GMT
#378
I think they need to put World records into the PvE.
U have bronze, silver and gold medal but what they need is put world / server time record next to it.
Embir
Profile Joined January 2011
Poland567 Posts
July 25 2012 16:06 GMT
#379
On July 25 2012 23:48 paralleluniverse wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 25 2012 22:59 Embir wrote:
For me WoW was killed by too big amount of tounge in cheek humour. Pop cultural references or jokes are good thing but not in overdose. It just breaks the immersion of fantasy world.
The second thing that killed this game for me was queing dungeons - cross realm play take away from you the feeling of real living world with characters that you can interact with.

As for the easier accesibility of the end world content I'm fine. Not everyone is no-life nerd who spends long hours in front of monitor. I've got work, gym, books and other activities I would like to spend my time on. It was good for this game.
Unfortunately immersion is completely broken ATM.


So if they removed the LFG tool and forced you to make a group via LFG chat, you'll play WoW again?

Somehow, I highly doubt whether or not you play or quit WoW depends on how you form groups, more so than the content that you do in the group. You're essentially saying that how groups are formed is more important for gameplay than the content that the group plays through.

That is a ridiculous notion.


You don't understand. In theory cross server play would allow fast and handy group forming, but there are drewbacks. If game allows cross server groups then this game becomes a lot more single player focused. You don't have to interact with the players on the same server or interact with guilds or whatever. You just push the button and voila group is formed. What is more, because players from your group are from other servers you probably wont meet them again, it breaks a feeling of interaction and living world. It almost felt like single player. When I played in WoW during Cataclysm a lot of people played alone, ignoring others - it is not exactly experience I would like to recieve from MMO. On the contrary in TBC when only meeting stones were available a lot of interaction occured thanks to forming group process. Of course dungeon finder is very practical tool and speed up game tremendously, I just think a drewback is much more single player feeling during play.
Thorakh
Profile Joined April 2011
Netherlands1788 Posts
July 25 2012 16:10 GMT
#380
On July 26 2012 01:06 Embir wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 25 2012 23:48 paralleluniverse wrote:
On July 25 2012 22:59 Embir wrote:
For me WoW was killed by too big amount of tounge in cheek humour. Pop cultural references or jokes are good thing but not in overdose. It just breaks the immersion of fantasy world.
The second thing that killed this game for me was queing dungeons - cross realm play take away from you the feeling of real living world with characters that you can interact with.

As for the easier accesibility of the end world content I'm fine. Not everyone is no-life nerd who spends long hours in front of monitor. I've got work, gym, books and other activities I would like to spend my time on. It was good for this game.
Unfortunately immersion is completely broken ATM.


So if they removed the LFG tool and forced you to make a group via LFG chat, you'll play WoW again?

Somehow, I highly doubt whether or not you play or quit WoW depends on how you form groups, more so than the content that you do in the group. You're essentially saying that how groups are formed is more important for gameplay than the content that the group plays through.

That is a ridiculous notion.


You don't understand. In theory cross server play would allow fast and handy group forming, but there are drewbacks. If game allows cross server groups then this game becomes a lot more single player focused. You don't have to interact with the players on the same server or interact with guilds or whatever. You just push the button and voila group is formed. What is more, because players from your group are from other servers you probably wont meet them again, it breaks a feeling of interaction and living world. It almost felt like single player. When I played in WoW during Cataclysm a lot of people played alone, ignoring others - it is not exactly experience I would like to recieve from MMO. On the contrary in TBC when only meeting stones were available a lot of interaction occured thanks to forming group process. Of course dungeon finder is very practical tool and speed up game tremendously, I just think a drewback is much more single player feeling during play.
Another reason why am I am excited about challenge modes, you can't queue for them. You have to manually make the group.

If only the challenge modes reward enough nonvanity rewards they might actually get people to play them.
Prev 1 17 18 19 20 21 109 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
QMC Community Tournament 1
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 105
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 1868
GuemChi 1518
Artosis 629
910 73
Bale 18
ajuk12(nOOB) 17
Terrorterran 4
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm201
febbydoto13
Counter-Strike
taco 527
minikerr16
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox476
Other Games
summit1g8204
Doublelift1979
JimRising 590
C9.Mang0361
Day[9].tv331
PiGStarcraft255
Maynarde108
CosmosSc2 22
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1026
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream24
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 117
• Letter147
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Day9tv331
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
7h 21m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
8h 21m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
21h 21m
Patches Events
1d 13h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.