• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:12
CEST 22:12
KST 05:12
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BW General Discussion BSL Season 23 Klaucher discontinued / in-game color settings
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9071 users

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive - Page 990

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 988 989 990 991 992 1121 Next
amazingxkcd
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
GRAND OLD AMERICA16375 Posts
October 16 2015 16:32 GMT
#19781
On October 16 2015 20:19 Sableyeah wrote:
Yup, average rank has gone up, but everyone is where they should be relative to everyone else. But I did read somewhere about a "Masters" or "Challenger" rank within Global Elite would help out the topdogs play on their main more often and combat some of the little frustrations of smurfing. Well, I am not on that level just yet but I really should play more on my main account. I blame my love for Music to smurf nowadays ^^ I still play as high a rank as possible tho.

And this is why DDK and Black DDK is fun to watch
http://oddshot.tv/shot/faceittv-2015101621035640



Black DDK and DDK are my favorite casting combo, even over Anders and Semmler
The world is burning and you rather be on this terrible website discussing video games and your shallow feelings
sabas123
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Netherlands3122 Posts
October 16 2015 20:05 GMT
#19782
rip all my competitve team mates when playing onces a week
The harder it becomes, the more you should focus on the basics.
Ysellian
Profile Joined December 2010
Netherlands9029 Posts
October 16 2015 20:34 GMT
#19783
On October 17 2015 01:32 amazingxkcd wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 16 2015 20:19 Sableyeah wrote:
Yup, average rank has gone up, but everyone is where they should be relative to everyone else. But I did read somewhere about a "Masters" or "Challenger" rank within Global Elite would help out the topdogs play on their main more often and combat some of the little frustrations of smurfing. Well, I am not on that level just yet but I really should play more on my main account. I blame my love for Music to smurf nowadays ^^ I still play as high a rank as possible tho.

And this is why DDK and Black DDK is fun to watch
http://oddshot.tv/shot/faceittv-2015101621035640



Black DDK and DDK are my favorite casting combo, even over Anders and Semmler


I love how everyone has embraced calling them Black DDK and DDK.

I personally like Anders and Semmler more during weekend tournaments, but for weekly faceit matches I love Black DDK and DDK casting style more.
Ovid
Profile Blog Joined October 2013
United Kingdom948 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-10-16 20:39:54
October 16 2015 20:38 GMT
#19784
steam://rungame/730/76561202255233023/+csgo_download_match%20CSGO-rMEyS-hBAuo-f8mMT-8pWD8-6pe8E

And on my smurf drop a 34-6 at AK with a hilarious round 7 where it's 1vs5 I was afk picked up an AUG then narrowly fail the 1vs5 with one clip.
I will make Yogg Saron priest work...
Miragee
Profile Joined December 2009
8709 Posts
October 16 2015 22:12 GMT
#19785
On October 16 2015 22:10 -Celestial- wrote:
Comments about "yeah, average rank has gone up and people have jumped ranks, etc etc" always seem to be missing a large part of what is happening and the implications. The truth is: the community overall is much, much lower skilled than the perception of a lot of people. Especially those on sites like this.

The "true average skill level" (excluding those hacking of course) hasn't changed. The average rank amongst players who go out of their way to go on websites like this may have but that's a VERY DIFFERENT THING to the average skill among the CSGO population as a whole. The simple fact is the overall skill level is bad. Really bad.

Removing hackers just means that people who are legitimately better than the "average" skill level go up to the rank they should be at. But being better than average doesn't mean being a great player.On the whole most people aren't all that good. You only have to look at the average casual match for this. I like to mess in there to relax and typically I'm top 3 on my team easily, even when I'm screwing about. I consider myself to be a fairly godawful FPS player and my aim can be shockingly bad...but I still outclass most people on the typical casual pub server. Even drunk. Even using Deagle/AWP (both weapons I rarely trust myself to handle in ranked unless I'm really "feeling it" that day because I'd rather rely on my spray control than my near-inability to flickshot).

There's a lot of people out there with zero map understanding, zero situational awareness and only a marginal ability to even aim.


I don't get what you are adressing because this never was the point in the most recent discussion. The point was that people felt they get rank-ups much quicker compared to a year ago or so. And that without or only marginal skill-improvement on their side. The point wasn't that they were suddenly good players or suddenly better than the average...
Sableyeah
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Netherlands2119 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-10-16 22:44:39
October 16 2015 22:39 GMT
#19786
I AM SO BAD AT THIS GAME. God played 2 awful games on my own rank, it's unbelievable. 12kills total on one and the other maybe 8kills. FUUU need to step up my game. Need to train more and smurf less :')


*edit
Happy, s1mple, Niko and Friberg... Learn from Snax! 1 Clip 12 bullets, 5 kills, 5 hs !
https://gfycat.com/LawfulDeficientLabradorretriever

BoA | Sunny | HyunA | ChoA | Hyemi // Preoccupied with a single leaf, you won't see the tree. Preoccupied with a single tree and you will miss the entire f0rest - Takuan Soho
amazingxkcd
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
GRAND OLD AMERICA16375 Posts
October 17 2015 00:10 GMT
#19787
On October 17 2015 07:39 Sableyeah wrote:
I AM SO BAD AT THIS GAME. God played 2 awful games on my own rank, it's unbelievable. 12kills total on one and the other maybe 8kills. FUUU need to step up my game. Need to train more and smurf less :')


*edit
Happy, s1mple, Niko and Friberg... Learn from Snax! 1 Clip 12 bullets, 5 kills, 5 hs !
https://gfycat.com/LawfulDeficientLabradorretriever



reminds me of


Also, Fragadelphia is live atm! I didn't make a thread for it sicne it's just a NA lan but there is the Steel + Dazed + AZK team playing there atm

http://www.fragadelphia.com/
The world is burning and you rather be on this terrible website discussing video games and your shallow feelings
BeMannerDuPenner
Profile Blog Joined April 2004
Germany5638 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-10-17 00:53:38
October 17 2015 00:53 GMT
#19788
On October 17 2015 07:12 Miragee wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 16 2015 22:10 -Celestial- wrote:
Comments about "yeah, average rank has gone up and people have jumped ranks, etc etc" always seem to be missing a large part of what is happening and the implications. The truth is: the community overall is much, much lower skilled than the perception of a lot of people. Especially those on sites like this.

The "true average skill level" (excluding those hacking of course) hasn't changed. The average rank amongst players who go out of their way to go on websites like this may have but that's a VERY DIFFERENT THING to the average skill among the CSGO population as a whole. The simple fact is the overall skill level is bad. Really bad.

Removing hackers just means that people who are legitimately better than the "average" skill level go up to the rank they should be at. But being better than average doesn't mean being a great player.On the whole most people aren't all that good. You only have to look at the average casual match for this. I like to mess in there to relax and typically I'm top 3 on my team easily, even when I'm screwing about. I consider myself to be a fairly godawful FPS player and my aim can be shockingly bad...but I still outclass most people on the typical casual pub server. Even drunk. Even using Deagle/AWP (both weapons I rarely trust myself to handle in ranked unless I'm really "feeling it" that day because I'd rather rely on my spray control than my near-inability to flickshot).

There's a lot of people out there with zero map understanding, zero situational awareness and only a marginal ability to even aim.


I don't get what you are adressing because this never was the point in the most recent discussion. The point was that people felt they get rank-ups much quicker compared to a year ago or so. And that without or only marginal skill-improvement on their side. The point wasn't that they were suddenly good players or suddenly better than the average...


dunno how it was but the system seems to adjust your rank pretty fast. im 200 hours and 75 comp wins in and scrathing lem now(started on gn3). on reddit i read stories how people were stuck 200 wins in the gold nova bracket. they that bad or did valve change something?


also important question: mw misty or ft aquamarine? wanna waste 25€ to upgrade my redline and really cant decide...
life of lively to live to life of full life thx to shield battery
Rebs
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Pakistan10726 Posts
October 17 2015 01:00 GMT
#19789
On October 17 2015 09:53 BeMannerDuPenner wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 17 2015 07:12 Miragee wrote:
On October 16 2015 22:10 -Celestial- wrote:
Comments about "yeah, average rank has gone up and people have jumped ranks, etc etc" always seem to be missing a large part of what is happening and the implications. The truth is: the community overall is much, much lower skilled than the perception of a lot of people. Especially those on sites like this.

The "true average skill level" (excluding those hacking of course) hasn't changed. The average rank amongst players who go out of their way to go on websites like this may have but that's a VERY DIFFERENT THING to the average skill among the CSGO population as a whole. The simple fact is the overall skill level is bad. Really bad.

Removing hackers just means that people who are legitimately better than the "average" skill level go up to the rank they should be at. But being better than average doesn't mean being a great player.On the whole most people aren't all that good. You only have to look at the average casual match for this. I like to mess in there to relax and typically I'm top 3 on my team easily, even when I'm screwing about. I consider myself to be a fairly godawful FPS player and my aim can be shockingly bad...but I still outclass most people on the typical casual pub server. Even drunk. Even using Deagle/AWP (both weapons I rarely trust myself to handle in ranked unless I'm really "feeling it" that day because I'd rather rely on my spray control than my near-inability to flickshot).

There's a lot of people out there with zero map understanding, zero situational awareness and only a marginal ability to even aim.


I don't get what you are adressing because this never was the point in the most recent discussion. The point was that people felt they get rank-ups much quicker compared to a year ago or so. And that without or only marginal skill-improvement on their side. The point wasn't that they were suddenly good players or suddenly better than the average...


dunno how it was but the system seems to adjust your rank pretty fast. im 200 hours and 75 comp wins in and scrathing lem now(started on gn3). on reddit i read stories how people were stuck 200 wins in the gold nova bracket. they that bad or did valve change something?


also important question: mw misty or ft aquamarine? wanna waste 25€ to upgrade my redline and really cant decide...


They are bad, Im 90 wins and touching LEM and I hadnt touched an FPS for 10 years.
killer1nz
Profile Joined April 2010
New Zealand164 Posts
October 17 2015 02:25 GMT
#19790
On October 17 2015 09:53 BeMannerDuPenner wrote:
also important question: mw misty or ft aquamarine? wanna waste 25€ to upgrade my redline and really cant decide...


whatever you like the most personally I think all the covert ak's look much nicer than the misty.
NihiLStarcraft
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Denmark1413 Posts
October 17 2015 02:30 GMT
#19791
Yo I personally think the AK Elite Build is way underrated. It came in, went hot for a day or two and then some mysterious backlash occured lol. Everybody seems to hate it. I got on for ~1.8 Euros factory new I believe and I love it. Obviously not the same level as Aquamarine etc. but just wanted to throw it out there. I really like the skin and don't understand why there's such massive hate against it!
Kipsate
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Netherlands45349 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-10-17 02:37:19
October 17 2015 02:36 GMT
#19792
Aquamarine, Misty is just a bad Vulcan.

I suggest you buy on OPSkins instead of steam market btw, usually way cheaper.
WriterXiao8~~
MooMooMugi
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States10531 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-10-17 04:00:32
October 17 2015 02:37 GMT
#19793
Misty has too much going on for the skin

Vulcan is nice and simple
|LoL & SC2 IGN both my username| Just livin' the baylife| Hearthstone ID: MooMooMugi#1544| Dank Memer since 2011
Camail
Profile Joined August 2011
United States1030 Posts
October 17 2015 06:35 GMT
#19794
People hate the elite build because its blue, that's it. If it was rarer people would like it more because black AKs are amazing.
http://i.imgur.com/IPxgv.png
Miragee
Profile Joined December 2009
8709 Posts
October 17 2015 08:11 GMT
#19795
On October 17 2015 09:53 BeMannerDuPenner wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 17 2015 07:12 Miragee wrote:
On October 16 2015 22:10 -Celestial- wrote:
Comments about "yeah, average rank has gone up and people have jumped ranks, etc etc" always seem to be missing a large part of what is happening and the implications. The truth is: the community overall is much, much lower skilled than the perception of a lot of people. Especially those on sites like this.

The "true average skill level" (excluding those hacking of course) hasn't changed. The average rank amongst players who go out of their way to go on websites like this may have but that's a VERY DIFFERENT THING to the average skill among the CSGO population as a whole. The simple fact is the overall skill level is bad. Really bad.

Removing hackers just means that people who are legitimately better than the "average" skill level go up to the rank they should be at. But being better than average doesn't mean being a great player.On the whole most people aren't all that good. You only have to look at the average casual match for this. I like to mess in there to relax and typically I'm top 3 on my team easily, even when I'm screwing about. I consider myself to be a fairly godawful FPS player and my aim can be shockingly bad...but I still outclass most people on the typical casual pub server. Even drunk. Even using Deagle/AWP (both weapons I rarely trust myself to handle in ranked unless I'm really "feeling it" that day because I'd rather rely on my spray control than my near-inability to flickshot).

There's a lot of people out there with zero map understanding, zero situational awareness and only a marginal ability to even aim.


I don't get what you are adressing because this never was the point in the most recent discussion. The point was that people felt they get rank-ups much quicker compared to a year ago or so. And that without or only marginal skill-improvement on their side. The point wasn't that they were suddenly good players or suddenly better than the average...


dunno how it was but the system seems to adjust your rank pretty fast. im 200 hours and 75 comp wins in and scrathing lem now(started on gn3). on reddit i read stories how people were stuck 200 wins in the gold nova bracket. they that bad or did valve change something?


Well, stucking for 200 wins in gold nova probably means they have reached their limit at what they can achieve with their current effort. I can mostly only talk from my perspective and maybe from that of a friend because I mostly played with him together. There were certain ranks where we were stuck for ages. Like Silver 6-Nova 2 a year ago. I think we did 30-40 wins while moving up and down in that segment. Then we jumped to Nova 4. There we were stuck for another 30-40 without ranking up or down. Since the rank up to AK we mostly had long win streaks ranking up in a few games until we reached DMG. It's also note-worthy that we play a lot less than we played back when we started. Back then we played 1-3 com games every day. Now it's more like 1-3 per week.
Censured
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Czech Republic1061 Posts
October 17 2015 09:17 GMT
#19796
On October 17 2015 09:53 BeMannerDuPenner wrote:
also important question: mw misty or ft aquamarine? wanna waste 25€ to upgrade my redline and really cant decide...

Both are downgrades, redline best AK skin by far
Occupation: Legend
NihiLStarcraft
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Denmark1413 Posts
October 17 2015 09:52 GMT
#19797
On October 17 2015 15:35 Camail wrote:
People hate the elite build because its blue, that's it. If it was rarer people would like it more because black AKs are amazing.


See that makes no sense to me personally. Maybe because I don't hoard skins for their imaginary color or number associated with them but for how they actually look like in-game. :p But I'm not saying you aren't right. Oh well, wouldn't mind the same happening with more skins! More cheap and good-looking stuff for me haha.
Nagisama
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada4481 Posts
October 17 2015 11:30 GMT
#19798
On October 17 2015 18:17 Censured wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 17 2015 09:53 BeMannerDuPenner wrote:
also important question: mw misty or ft aquamarine? wanna waste 25€ to upgrade my redline and really cant decide...

Both are downgrades, redline best AK skin by far

All about the fire serpent! :D
Calendar"Everyone who has accomplished more than you has no life; Everyone who has accomplished less than you is a noob." | Elem: "nagi is actually really smart"
Capped
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom7236 Posts
October 17 2015 12:21 GMT
#19799
Rebel wasteland > you. Not the skins you mentioned, just you all in general, its that good.

Useless wet fish.
jtype
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
England2167 Posts
October 17 2015 12:43 GMT
#19800
When I'm playing MM I leave most of the default competitive maps checked, as I'm familiar with most of them now (if not all that experienced) and know very basic callouts, but I've seen a couple of people talking about certain maps that require very good teamwork to be played effectively. Overpass is one that I've heard that about, for example.

That got me thinking, are there any maps that you definitely just don't play (or recommend playing) when you're solo queueing, for that reason?
Prev 1 988 989 990 991 992 1121 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL: Ladder Tournament
04:00
#2 - $100
ZZZero.O88
LiquipediaDiscussion
AI Arena Tournament
02:00
Swiss - Round 4
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
JuggernautJason96
BRAT_OK 51
Railgan 41
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 16413
Mini 369
Dewaltoss 181
Hyuk 129
ggaemo 110
firebathero 102
ZZZero.O 88
Terrorterran 16
Dota 2
febbydoto15
League of Legends
Doublelift2045
Counter-Strike
Fnx 808
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4952
Khaldor1430
crisheroes966
Liquid`Hasu860
Other Games
summit1g4986
FrodaN2794
fl0m1039
Beastyqt867
mouzStarbuck300
KnowMe290
ArmadaUGS147
Mew2King57
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1205
BasetradeTV201
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream37
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• printf 91
• Adnapsc2 28
• Letter143
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 42
• 80smullet 19
• Azhi_Dahaki17
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 10097
Other Games
• imaqtpie709
• Shiphtur263
• tFFMrPink 14
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
13h 49m
INu's Battles
15h 49m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
18h 49m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
22h 49m
BSL Open Qualifier
22h 49m
Replay Cast
1d 2h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 13h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 14h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 19h
Replay Cast
2 days
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
6 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.