• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:05
CEST 18:05
KST 01:05
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site BSL Season 23 Klaucher discontinued / in-game color settings BW General Discussion Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7711 users

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive - Page 989

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 987 988 989 990 991 1121 Next
Sableyeah
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Netherlands2119 Posts
October 14 2015 16:45 GMT
#19761
Could very well be the case really, Devilwalk and pyth back :p
BoA | Sunny | HyunA | ChoA | Hyemi // Preoccupied with a single leaf, you won't see the tree. Preoccupied with a single tree and you will miss the entire f0rest - Takuan Soho
Epoxide
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Magic Woods9326 Posts
October 15 2015 12:59 GMT
#19762
On October 15 2015 01:28 Kipsate wrote:
Legija is out

in b4 Fox gets removed citing ''communication issues'' and they add a Swede/Nord.

Most likely one of the four left in Copenhagen Wolves
LiquipediaSouma: EU MM is just Russian Roulette. Literally.
tofucake
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Hyrule19259 Posts
October 15 2015 15:17 GMT
#19763
Isn't Devilwalk fnatic's coach now?
Liquipediaasante sana squash banana
amazingxkcd
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
GRAND OLD AMERICA16375 Posts
October 15 2015 15:23 GMT
#19764
he was, but left to play in NA
The world is burning and you rather be on this terrible website discussing video games and your shallow feelings
Souma
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
2nd Worst City in CA8938 Posts
October 15 2015 16:24 GMT
#19765
NA - land of the free (agents).
Writer
Epoxide
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Magic Woods9326 Posts
October 15 2015 17:17 GMT
#19766
On October 16 2015 00:17 tofucake wrote:
Isn't Devilwalk fnatic's coach now?

He hasn't been since like after Katowice
LiquipediaSouma: EU MM is just Russian Roulette. Literally.
SyNc`
Profile Joined August 2011
333 Posts
October 15 2015 19:42 GMT
#19767
Devilwalk is a huge crutch. Its only a matter of time until that team makes some big roster changes.
MooMooMugi
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States10531 Posts
October 16 2015 05:58 GMT
#19768
3 wins after hitting MG1 i rank up to MG2, woot
|LoL & SC2 IGN both my username| Just livin' the baylife| Hearthstone ID: MooMooMugi#1544| Dank Memer since 2011
Miragee
Profile Joined December 2009
8709 Posts
October 16 2015 07:55 GMT
#19769
On October 16 2015 14:58 MooMooMugi wrote:
3 wins after hitting MG1 i rank up to MG2, woot


I feel like the niveau has gotten lower in the higher ranks and it's easier to rank up. I still remember the time when I was Nova 2 for ages and then Nova 4 for ages as well. But now rank ups happen pretty quickly and I feel like I'm still playing against the same scrubs (I'm a scrub myself) I played against when I was Nova 4 - only that I'm DMG now...
MooMooMugi
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States10531 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-10-16 08:04:32
October 16 2015 08:03 GMT
#19770
On October 16 2015 16:55 Miragee wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 16 2015 14:58 MooMooMugi wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
3 wins after hitting MG1 i rank up to MG2, woot


I feel like the niveau has gotten lower in the higher ranks and it's easier to rank up. I still remember the time when I was Nova 2 for ages and then Nova 4 for ages as well. But now rank ups happen pretty quickly and I feel like I'm still playing against the same scrubs (I'm a scrub myself) I played against when I was Nova 4 - only that I'm DMG now...

Yeah I feel like the frequent VAC bans really bumps everyone up a rank or 2 and the skill level of mid-tier players AK-DMG is considerably lower compared to half a year ago
|LoL & SC2 IGN both my username| Just livin' the baylife| Hearthstone ID: MooMooMugi#1544| Dank Memer since 2011
porkRaven
Profile Joined December 2010
United States953 Posts
October 16 2015 08:54 GMT
#19771
It has gotten easier but remember that isn't a bad thing, less hackers = more ggs.
SHOUTOUTS TO Aylear!!!
Ragnarork
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
France9034 Posts
October 16 2015 08:54 GMT
#19772
On October 16 2015 17:03 MooMooMugi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 16 2015 16:55 Miragee wrote:
On October 16 2015 14:58 MooMooMugi wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
3 wins after hitting MG1 i rank up to MG2, woot


I feel like the niveau has gotten lower in the higher ranks and it's easier to rank up. I still remember the time when I was Nova 2 for ages and then Nova 4 for ages as well. But now rank ups happen pretty quickly and I feel like I'm still playing against the same scrubs (I'm a scrub myself) I played against when I was Nova 4 - only that I'm DMG now...

Yeah I feel like the frequent VAC bans really bumps everyone up a rank or 2 and the skill level of mid-tier players AK-DMG is considerably lower compared to half a year ago


How would it do that?

It doesn't "leave room" IIRC, the system is not about having X% of the players at a certain rank.

On October 15 2015 21:59 Epoxide wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 15 2015 01:28 Kipsate wrote:
Legija is out

in b4 Fox gets removed citing ''communication issues'' and they add a Swede/Nord.

Most likely one of the four left in Copenhagen Wolves


I think I've seen an interview, I think it was ScreaM, in which he said NiP could take players from G2.
LiquipediaWanderer
Nagisama
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada4481 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-10-16 09:00:40
October 16 2015 08:58 GMT
#19773
On October 16 2015 17:54 Ragnarork wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 16 2015 17:03 MooMooMugi wrote:
On October 16 2015 16:55 Miragee wrote:
On October 16 2015 14:58 MooMooMugi wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
3 wins after hitting MG1 i rank up to MG2, woot


I feel like the niveau has gotten lower in the higher ranks and it's easier to rank up. I still remember the time when I was Nova 2 for ages and then Nova 4 for ages as well. But now rank ups happen pretty quickly and I feel like I'm still playing against the same scrubs (I'm a scrub myself) I played against when I was Nova 4 - only that I'm DMG now...

Yeah I feel like the frequent VAC bans really bumps everyone up a rank or 2 and the skill level of mid-tier players AK-DMG is considerably lower compared to half a year ago


How would it do that?

It doesn't "leave room" IIRC, the system is not about having X% of the players at a certain rank.

It does?

There's only a certain % of players at every rank. Pretty sure they have some sort of normal distribution curve for it, and only a specific amount of people are allowed in each rank. If you rank up, means someone else might have to rank down.

Following the huge VAC waves a few months ago, literally everyone was climbing 2-3 ranks up. The GE hackers got removed, lost their ranks, and struggling LEMs/SMFCs moved up to take their place, and the effect trickled down silvers going to novas etc.

There's not as much talk of "DMG hell" any more. It's turned to like LE/LEM hell now.
Calendar"Everyone who has accomplished more than you has no life; Everyone who has accomplished less than you is a noob." | Elem: "nagi is actually really smart"
porkRaven
Profile Joined December 2010
United States953 Posts
October 16 2015 09:30 GMT
#19774
Yeah I was so lucky when the vac wave hit I didn't know about it for a little while and felt so good about myself .
SHOUTOUTS TO Aylear!!!
Latringuden
Profile Joined September 2011
Sweden79 Posts
October 16 2015 09:51 GMT
#19775
On October 16 2015 17:58 Nagisama wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 16 2015 17:54 Ragnarork wrote:
On October 16 2015 17:03 MooMooMugi wrote:
On October 16 2015 16:55 Miragee wrote:
On October 16 2015 14:58 MooMooMugi wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
3 wins after hitting MG1 i rank up to MG2, woot


I feel like the niveau has gotten lower in the higher ranks and it's easier to rank up. I still remember the time when I was Nova 2 for ages and then Nova 4 for ages as well. But now rank ups happen pretty quickly and I feel like I'm still playing against the same scrubs (I'm a scrub myself) I played against when I was Nova 4 - only that I'm DMG now...

Yeah I feel like the frequent VAC bans really bumps everyone up a rank or 2 and the skill level of mid-tier players AK-DMG is considerably lower compared to half a year ago


How would it do that?

It doesn't "leave room" IIRC, the system is not about having X% of the players at a certain rank.

It does?

There's only a certain % of players at every rank. Pretty sure they have some sort of normal distribution curve for it, and only a specific amount of people are allowed in each rank. If you rank up, means someone else might have to rank down.

Following the huge VAC waves a few months ago, literally everyone was climbing 2-3 ranks up. The GE hackers got removed, lost their ranks, and struggling LEMs/SMFCs moved up to take their place, and the effect trickled down silvers going to novas etc.

There's not as much talk of "DMG hell" any more. It's turned to like LE/LEM hell now.


As someone pointed out on reddit (and I figured out myself before that, hah!) the high influx of new players (accounts) is also a big part of people getting boosted through certain ranks. The vac waves are only a few thousand people but if a million new accounts starts to play CS:GO within a few months time all of those will have lower MMR then most people already playing.
Sableyeah
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Netherlands2119 Posts
October 16 2015 11:19 GMT
#19776
Yup, average rank has gone up, but everyone is where they should be relative to everyone else. But I did read somewhere about a "Masters" or "Challenger" rank within Global Elite would help out the topdogs play on their main more often and combat some of the little frustrations of smurfing. Well, I am not on that level just yet but I really should play more on my main account. I blame my love for Music to smurf nowadays ^^ I still play as high a rank as possible tho.

And this is why DDK and Black DDK is fun to watch
http://oddshot.tv/shot/faceittv-2015101621035640

BoA | Sunny | HyunA | ChoA | Hyemi // Preoccupied with a single leaf, you won't see the tree. Preoccupied with a single tree and you will miss the entire f0rest - Takuan Soho
-Celestial-
Profile Joined September 2011
United Kingdom3867 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-10-16 13:11:27
October 16 2015 13:10 GMT
#19777
Comments about "yeah, average rank has gone up and people have jumped ranks, etc etc" always seem to be missing a large part of what is happening and the implications. The truth is: the community overall is much, much lower skilled than the perception of a lot of people. Especially those on sites like this.

The "true average skill level" (excluding those hacking of course) hasn't changed. The average rank amongst players who go out of their way to go on websites like this may have but that's a VERY DIFFERENT THING to the average skill among the CSGO population as a whole. The simple fact is the overall skill level is bad. Really bad.

Removing hackers just means that people who are legitimately better than the "average" skill level go up to the rank they should be at. But being better than average doesn't mean being a great player.On the whole most people aren't all that good. You only have to look at the average casual match for this. I like to mess in there to relax and typically I'm top 3 on my team easily, even when I'm screwing about. I consider myself to be a fairly godawful FPS player and my aim can be shockingly bad...but I still outclass most people on the typical casual pub server. Even drunk. Even using Deagle/AWP (both weapons I rarely trust myself to handle in ranked unless I'm really "feeling it" that day because I'd rather rely on my spray control than my near-inability to flickshot).

There's a lot of people out there with zero map understanding, zero situational awareness and only a marginal ability to even aim.
"Protoss simultaneously feels unbeatably strong and unwinnably weak." - kcdc
Zdrastochye
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Ivory Coast6262 Posts
October 16 2015 13:24 GMT
#19778
Sure, the majority of people not on gaming forums are likely lower in skill, but how does that correlate to the variety of skill at high ranks? DMG-LEM is littered with people who are only slightly better than nova players and others who are exceptionally skilled but like to play with lower ranking friends and the like. Having masses of lower skilled people doesn't mean much if they still go up the curve due to the abundance of people below their level who are either newbies or just not competitive gamers.
Hey! How you doin'?
-Celestial-
Profile Joined September 2011
United Kingdom3867 Posts
October 16 2015 15:28 GMT
#19779
On October 16 2015 22:24 Zdrastochye wrote:
Having masses of lower skilled people doesn't mean much if they still go up the curve due to the abundance of people below their level who are either newbies or just not competitive gamers.


That's the point...they're not "lowered skilled people still going up the curve". They are, factually, better players than average. By definition they are higher skilled players, above average, however you want to call it.

The thing is: that still doesn't mean they're in any ways objectively good. Ranks in themselves may well have a spread of skill ability, but in terms of CSGO as a whole if you're in the higher ranks (I think GN3 is the middle of the curve or something?) you are, by the very fact that you're AT that rank, above average. Even if you're still objectively awful, there are plenty of people way worse than you.

The reason these conversations even come up is that those kinds of people tend not to end up on major competitive gaming forums, or any gaming forums whatsoever for that matter, to discuss the relative ability of people at each level.
"Protoss simultaneously feels unbeatably strong and unwinnably weak." - kcdc
Zdrastochye
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Ivory Coast6262 Posts
October 16 2015 16:01 GMT
#19780
My point is there's no objectively good or bad, there's just a sliding scale based on where you fall into the curve and/or where you would put yourself if you got to commit enough time to getting to your true rank. How can you say what's objectively bad when there's various levels at which you can outplay an opponent? Objectively only an aimbotting wallhacking PoS is the only one not playing at a terrible level. We're just all making human mistakes.
Hey! How you doin'?
Prev 1 987 988 989 990 991 1121 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
FEL
01:00
ScienceCraft Qualifier
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 523
BRAT_OK 49
MindelVK 12
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 31162
Bisu 2702
Shuttle 1679
Hyuk 1013
Mini 819
EffOrt 818
Larva 422
Soma 380
ZerO 243
firebathero 224
[ Show more ]
hero 137
sorry 72
Sexy 57
Hyun 46
PianO 45
Mong 42
Pusan 37
Trap 34
ToSsGirL 33
Killer 28
zelot 18
Terrorterran 16
Rock 13
JulyZerg 11
Bale 11
Sacsri 10
Noble 8
ajuk12(nOOB) 6
Dota 2
Gorgc10112
qojqva1910
Dendi1001
Counter-Strike
fl0m2746
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1455
crisheroes1146
Liquid`Hasu638
Other Games
singsing1975
B2W.Neo1000
Beastyqt646
FrodaN624
Mlord386
Hui .236
Livibee180
Liquid`VortiX157
KnowMe120
ArmadaUGS110
Mew2King71
Trikslyr24
CosmosSc2 16
ZerO(Twitch)15
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream38
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• poizon28 66
• StrangeGG 39
• mYiSmile119
• Adnapsc2 18
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 10
• Azhi_Dahaki1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 8080
League of Legends
• Jankos1832
Other Games
• Shiphtur203
• WagamamaTV191
Upcoming Events
AI Arena Tournament
55m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2h 55m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
17h 55m
INu's Battles
19h 55m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
22h 55m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 2h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 2h
Replay Cast
1d 7h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 17h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 18h
[ Show More ]
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 23h
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.