• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:07
CEST 11:07
KST 18:07
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)64Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion BW General Discussion JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Sagi.gg Launcher Released
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9966 users

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive - Page 961

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 959 960 961 962 963 1121 Next
blade55555
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States17423 Posts
August 21 2015 04:14 GMT
#19201
On August 21 2015 12:47 Souma wrote:
I'm not sure how anyone can hate casual. I just mute everyone, blast music and run around shooting people in the face. It's basically deathmatch with no respawns which is fun in its own right 'cause you get a feel for a lot of angles you don't get to practice deathmatching. If I die I just alt-tab and wait till the next round.

Can't at all take it seriously.


I found casual more boring. Although those were the best parts were listening to the retards LOL
When I think of something else, something will go here
Sn0_Man
Profile Blog Joined October 2012
Tebellong44238 Posts
August 21 2015 05:37 GMT
#19202
I enjoy arms race when i want the casual experience but its worth about 1/10th the xp that competitive is so its a huge fuck you to people like tofucake
LiquidDota StaffSCIENTISTS BAFFLED | 3275929302
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
August 21 2015 08:50 GMT
#19203
On August 21 2015 09:52 amazingxkcd wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 21 2015 07:53 Torte de Lini wrote:
https://vid.me/lgFz

I got my first Ace in Counter-Strike! It's as scrappy and shitty as you think!


wow, smoking off your own tunnels. How much did the CTs pay you to be a double agent?


Didn't want to be counter-pushed from the other side when I went lower-tunnels. As you can tell; they eventually did start moving in on our position.

On August 21 2015 07:59 ArtyK wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 21 2015 07:53 Torte de Lini wrote:
https://vid.me/lgFz

I got my first Ace in Counter-Strike! It's as scrappy and shitty as you think!


Haha SG553 zoom close range new meta
Last second plant too nice

But...red HUD? Really? :D



Red is the colour that sticks out the most in my eyesight and blends the least with the in-game environment.
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
iXphobos
Profile Joined July 2010
Germany1465 Posts
August 21 2015 09:00 GMT
#19204
Happy Birthday CS:GO !!!
ahswtini
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Northern Ireland22213 Posts
August 21 2015 09:02 GMT
#19205
a play a deathmatch game every couple of days, usually come top 3, still not lvl 2 yet though zzz
"As I've said, balance isn't about strategies or counters, it's about probability and statistics." - paralleluniverse
Nagisama
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada4481 Posts
August 21 2015 10:25 GMT
#19206
Playing 1x 10 minute deathmatch every other day will definitely not gain enough exp to rank up in any game...

To play devil's advocate for everyone that says "my account has x thousand hours playing from 10-11 years ago", if exceptions were granted to older accounts with more hours, then that opens up the market for cheaters to buy the older accounts (not that they don't already, but it'll increase it even more and ease it up).

Your other options are always to play the 3rd party MM options (esea/cevo/faceit/esl), which everyone is always "screw MM, those are better" anyways.
Calendar"Everyone who has accomplished more than you has no life; Everyone who has accomplished less than you is a noob." | Elem: "nagi is actually really smart"
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
August 21 2015 10:41 GMT
#19207
Is there any way to change the gun sound files to be the sound of a M4 with the silencer?

They're all too loud and for some reason, I perform extremely well with the M4 (top 3 in DM even if I'm late) and horrible with the AK47. I hate the AK47 so fucking much, I can't stand this gun and I don't know how anyone can do so well with it as it never works for me on any level no matter how many times I practice.
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Sableyeah
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Netherlands2119 Posts
August 21 2015 10:57 GMT
#19208
With the new 'Watch', you can update/refresh all your old replays in the hud and you can see your performance. SO AWESOME! Found my first Ace and probably all my aces :p A game with 2 aces :DD Don't remember being so awesome. What an awesome update.
BoA | Sunny | HyunA | ChoA | Hyemi // Preoccupied with a single leaf, you won't see the tree. Preoccupied with a single tree and you will miss the entire f0rest - Takuan Soho
BeeLz
Profile Joined December 2014
Belgium52 Posts
August 21 2015 11:15 GMT
#19209
On August 21 2015 19:41 Torte de Lini wrote:
Is there any way to change the gun sound files to be the sound of a M4 with the silencer?

They're all too loud and for some reason, I perform extremely well with the M4 (top 3 in DM even if I'm late) and horrible with the AK47. I hate the AK47 so fucking much, I can't stand this gun and I don't know how anyone can do so well with it as it never works for me on any level no matter how many times I practice.


It's possible but you'll get kicked from all servers with sv_pure 1 as far as I know ( all community and competitive servers ).
If one would be able to change sounds you could gain a big advantage, lets say you change the sound of the silenced guns in loud sounds the purpose of playing silenced would be lost.

AK47 is the hardest gun to handle properly, you'll get used to it at some point but you don't have to play with it, certainly at lower levels P90, galil, scout, shotguns can be just as effective.
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
August 21 2015 11:25 GMT
#19210
On August 21 2015 20:15 BeeLz wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 21 2015 19:41 Torte de Lini wrote:
Is there any way to change the gun sound files to be the sound of a M4 with the silencer?

They're all too loud and for some reason, I perform extremely well with the M4 (top 3 in DM even if I'm late) and horrible with the AK47. I hate the AK47 so fucking much, I can't stand this gun and I don't know how anyone can do so well with it as it never works for me on any level no matter how many times I practice.


It's possible but you'll get kicked from all servers with sv_pure 1 as far as I know ( all community and competitive servers ).
If one would be able to change sounds you could gain a big advantage, lets say you change the sound of the silenced guns in loud sounds the purpose of playing silenced would be lost.

AK47 is the hardest gun to handle properly, you'll get used to it at some point but you don't have to play with it, certainly at lower levels P90, galil, scout, shotguns can be just as effective.


Ah yeah, I didn't think about that. I guess that would actually be more advantageous than what I wanted lol

I mean, I always play for the better. When I play with higher-levels; I just go with MP7 because it's more reliable for me; but I feel like now would be ideal to learn how to play the traditionally good guns.

But I don't know, when I have the M4, I wreck so hard; but anything T sided I suck
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Nagisama
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada4481 Posts
August 21 2015 11:59 GMT
#19211
On August 21 2015 19:41 Torte de Lini wrote:
Is there any way to change the gun sound files to be the sound of a M4 with the silencer?

They're all too loud and for some reason, I perform extremely well with the M4 (top 3 in DM even if I'm late) and horrible with the AK47. I hate the AK47 so fucking much, I can't stand this gun and I don't know how anyone can do so well with it as it never works for me on any level no matter how many times I practice.

I'd personally mute in game sounds when I play DM. Everything is just way too loud in those. Either through window's sound mixer thing, or just type "volume 0.1" or any lower number than you have set in console.

There used to be some settings that could alter which sounds are set louder than others, although I think they're sv_cheat protected now. I know there's a more up to date sound settings in the game options, but not sure what it includes.

Hard to explain what is wrong without seeing first hand. Just have to make sure you're fully stopped when tapping/bursting the gun at long ranges.
Calendar"Everyone who has accomplished more than you has no life; Everyone who has accomplished less than you is a noob." | Elem: "nagi is actually really smart"
ArtyK
Profile Joined June 2011
France3144 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-08-21 12:54:02
August 21 2015 12:52 GMT
#19212
On August 21 2015 17:50 Torte de Lini wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 21 2015 09:52 amazingxkcd wrote:
On August 21 2015 07:53 Torte de Lini wrote:
https://vid.me/lgFz

I got my first Ace in Counter-Strike! It's as scrappy and shitty as you think!


wow, smoking off your own tunnels. How much did the CTs pay you to be a double agent?


Didn't want to be counter-pushed from the other side when I went lower-tunnels. As you can tell; they eventually did start moving in on our position.

Show nested quote +
On August 21 2015 07:59 ArtyK wrote:
On August 21 2015 07:53 Torte de Lini wrote:
https://vid.me/lgFz

I got my first Ace in Counter-Strike! It's as scrappy and shitty as you think!


Haha SG553 zoom close range new meta
Last second plant too nice

But...red HUD? Really? :D



Red is the colour that sticks out the most in my eyesight and blends the least with the in-game environment.


Yeah but you can't tell if you're low hp without looking now
Or does it become green :D that would be a sick reverse
Sup dood ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ KiWiKaKi | SLush | uThermal | PtitDrogo | SortOf | Clem ~ "I told my mom she should vote for me in Nation Wars, she said 'I dunno, I kinda want Finland to win'" – Luolis ~ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_NScWV9h8k#t=1h01m
TL+ Member
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-08-21 13:07:56
August 21 2015 13:07 GMT
#19213
On August 21 2015 21:52 ArtyK wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 21 2015 17:50 Torte de Lini wrote:
On August 21 2015 09:52 amazingxkcd wrote:
On August 21 2015 07:53 Torte de Lini wrote:
https://vid.me/lgFz

I got my first Ace in Counter-Strike! It's as scrappy and shitty as you think!


wow, smoking off your own tunnels. How much did the CTs pay you to be a double agent?


Didn't want to be counter-pushed from the other side when I went lower-tunnels. As you can tell; they eventually did start moving in on our position.

On August 21 2015 07:59 ArtyK wrote:
On August 21 2015 07:53 Torte de Lini wrote:
https://vid.me/lgFz

I got my first Ace in Counter-Strike! It's as scrappy and shitty as you think!


Haha SG553 zoom close range new meta
Last second plant too nice

But...red HUD? Really? :D



Red is the colour that sticks out the most in my eyesight and blends the least with the in-game environment.


Yeah but you can't tell if you're low hp without looking now
Or does it become green :D that would be a sick reverse


ROFL

It actually just gets redder!
Well, in most cases; if I live, I'm low HP otherwise I die.

On August 21 2015 20:59 Nagisama wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 21 2015 19:41 Torte de Lini wrote:
Is there any way to change the gun sound files to be the sound of a M4 with the silencer?

They're all too loud and for some reason, I perform extremely well with the M4 (top 3 in DM even if I'm late) and horrible with the AK47. I hate the AK47 so fucking much, I can't stand this gun and I don't know how anyone can do so well with it as it never works for me on any level no matter how many times I practice.

I'd personally mute in game sounds when I play DM. Everything is just way too loud in those. Either through window's sound mixer thing, or just type "volume 0.1" or any lower number than you have set in console.

There used to be some settings that could alter which sounds are set louder than others, although I think they're sv_cheat protected now. I know there's a more up to date sound settings in the game options, but not sure what it includes.

Hard to explain what is wrong without seeing first hand. Just have to make sure you're fully stopped when tapping/bursting the gun at long ranges.


I mean, what's wrong is that I suck simply; so there isn't anything to figure out but that I need practice.
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
ArtyK
Profile Joined June 2011
France3144 Posts
August 21 2015 13:10 GMT
#19214
On August 21 2015 22:07 Torte de Lini wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 21 2015 21:52 ArtyK wrote:
On August 21 2015 17:50 Torte de Lini wrote:
On August 21 2015 09:52 amazingxkcd wrote:
On August 21 2015 07:53 Torte de Lini wrote:
https://vid.me/lgFz

I got my first Ace in Counter-Strike! It's as scrappy and shitty as you think!


wow, smoking off your own tunnels. How much did the CTs pay you to be a double agent?


Didn't want to be counter-pushed from the other side when I went lower-tunnels. As you can tell; they eventually did start moving in on our position.

On August 21 2015 07:59 ArtyK wrote:
On August 21 2015 07:53 Torte de Lini wrote:
https://vid.me/lgFz

I got my first Ace in Counter-Strike! It's as scrappy and shitty as you think!


Haha SG553 zoom close range new meta
Last second plant too nice

But...red HUD? Really? :D



Red is the colour that sticks out the most in my eyesight and blends the least with the in-game environment.


Yeah but you can't tell if you're low hp without looking now
Or does it become green :D that would be a sick reverse


ROFL

It actually just gets redder!
Well, in most cases; if I live, I'm low HP otherwise I die.

Show nested quote +
On August 21 2015 20:59 Nagisama wrote:
On August 21 2015 19:41 Torte de Lini wrote:
Is there any way to change the gun sound files to be the sound of a M4 with the silencer?

They're all too loud and for some reason, I perform extremely well with the M4 (top 3 in DM even if I'm late) and horrible with the AK47. I hate the AK47 so fucking much, I can't stand this gun and I don't know how anyone can do so well with it as it never works for me on any level no matter how many times I practice.

I'd personally mute in game sounds when I play DM. Everything is just way too loud in those. Either through window's sound mixer thing, or just type "volume 0.1" or any lower number than you have set in console.

There used to be some settings that could alter which sounds are set louder than others, although I think they're sv_cheat protected now. I know there's a more up to date sound settings in the game options, but not sure what it includes.

Hard to explain what is wrong without seeing first hand. Just have to make sure you're fully stopped when tapping/bursting the gun at long ranges.


I mean, what's wrong is that I suck simply; so there isn't anything to figure out but that I need practice.


Won't happen if you keep using the mp7
Sup dood ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ KiWiKaKi | SLush | uThermal | PtitDrogo | SortOf | Clem ~ "I told my mom she should vote for me in Nation Wars, she said 'I dunno, I kinda want Finland to win'" – Luolis ~ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_NScWV9h8k#t=1h01m
TL+ Member
b3nd3r
Profile Joined February 2015
Germany158 Posts
August 21 2015 13:10 GMT
#19215
Manipulating the sounds is considered as cheating since you can get huge advantages from this like hearing footsteps from a mile away. I don't know if you can get vac'ed for this but at least it will constantly kick you from (MM-)servers.
Sweet photons. I don't know if you're waves or particles, but you go down smooth.
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-08-21 13:12:50
August 21 2015 13:12 GMT
#19216
All I was thinking is making all the gun sounds on my end M4 with Silencer because I really like the sound and for some reason; it clicks for me when I shoot.

It's ridiculous I know, but I just can't get any Terrorist gun to work for me, not even M4 without the silencer.

On August 21 2015 22:10 ArtyK wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 21 2015 22:07 Torte de Lini wrote:
On August 21 2015 21:52 ArtyK wrote:
On August 21 2015 17:50 Torte de Lini wrote:
On August 21 2015 09:52 amazingxkcd wrote:
On August 21 2015 07:53 Torte de Lini wrote:
https://vid.me/lgFz

I got my first Ace in Counter-Strike! It's as scrappy and shitty as you think!


wow, smoking off your own tunnels. How much did the CTs pay you to be a double agent?


Didn't want to be counter-pushed from the other side when I went lower-tunnels. As you can tell; they eventually did start moving in on our position.

On August 21 2015 07:59 ArtyK wrote:
On August 21 2015 07:53 Torte de Lini wrote:
https://vid.me/lgFz

I got my first Ace in Counter-Strike! It's as scrappy and shitty as you think!


Haha SG553 zoom close range new meta
Last second plant too nice

But...red HUD? Really? :D



Red is the colour that sticks out the most in my eyesight and blends the least with the in-game environment.


Yeah but you can't tell if you're low hp without looking now
Or does it become green :D that would be a sick reverse


ROFL

It actually just gets redder!
Well, in most cases; if I live, I'm low HP otherwise I die.

On August 21 2015 20:59 Nagisama wrote:
On August 21 2015 19:41 Torte de Lini wrote:
Is there any way to change the gun sound files to be the sound of a M4 with the silencer?

They're all too loud and for some reason, I perform extremely well with the M4 (top 3 in DM even if I'm late) and horrible with the AK47. I hate the AK47 so fucking much, I can't stand this gun and I don't know how anyone can do so well with it as it never works for me on any level no matter how many times I practice.

I'd personally mute in game sounds when I play DM. Everything is just way too loud in those. Either through window's sound mixer thing, or just type "volume 0.1" or any lower number than you have set in console.

There used to be some settings that could alter which sounds are set louder than others, although I think they're sv_cheat protected now. I know there's a more up to date sound settings in the game options, but not sure what it includes.

Hard to explain what is wrong without seeing first hand. Just have to make sure you're fully stopped when tapping/bursting the gun at long ranges.


I mean, what's wrong is that I suck simply; so there isn't anything to figure out but that I need practice.


Won't happen if you keep using the mp7



What's the best map for MP7? I only play Dust when I'm alone ):
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
tofucake
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Hyrule19259 Posts
August 21 2015 13:22 GMT
#19217
On August 21 2015 13:02 TheEmulator wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 21 2015 12:19 tofucake wrote:
casual is a soul crushing experience which makes me want to quit playing again. fuck playing so many games just to get into competitive again. Please, don't take my 11 year old account with almost 2000 hours of CS on record into account or anything.

Have you tried getting the operation bloodwhateveritscalled badge. You can do missions while grinding to lvl 3 and it takes like 1/3 the time it would normally.

And yeah casual is hilarious. There's always the token 12 year old trying to rile everyone up, rofl.

only have time to play now because I'm between jobs. I don't want to spend money.

On August 21 2015 19:25 Nagisama wrote:
Playing 1x 10 minute deathmatch every other day will definitely not gain enough exp to rank up in any game...

To play devil's advocate for everyone that says "my account has x thousand hours playing from 10-11 years ago", if exceptions were granted to older accounts with more hours, then that opens up the market for cheaters to buy the older accounts (not that they don't already, but it'll increase it even more and ease it up).

Your other options are always to play the 3rd party MM options (esea/cevo/faceit/esl), which everyone is always "screw MM, those are better" anyways.

I've tried FaceIT and it's bad. I'm boycotting ESEA. CEVO and ESL appear to be scheduled team leagues, which I don't have a team for nor will I soon (hopefully) have time for.
Liquipediaasante sana squash banana
ArtyK
Profile Joined June 2011
France3144 Posts
August 21 2015 13:22 GMT
#19218
On August 21 2015 22:12 Torte de Lini wrote:
All I was thinking is making all the gun sounds on my end M4 with Silencer because I really like the sound and for some reason; it clicks for me when I shoot.

It's ridiculous I know, but I just can't get any Terrorist gun to work for me, not even M4 without the silencer.

Show nested quote +
On August 21 2015 22:10 ArtyK wrote:
On August 21 2015 22:07 Torte de Lini wrote:
On August 21 2015 21:52 ArtyK wrote:
On August 21 2015 17:50 Torte de Lini wrote:
On August 21 2015 09:52 amazingxkcd wrote:
On August 21 2015 07:53 Torte de Lini wrote:
https://vid.me/lgFz

I got my first Ace in Counter-Strike! It's as scrappy and shitty as you think!


wow, smoking off your own tunnels. How much did the CTs pay you to be a double agent?


Didn't want to be counter-pushed from the other side when I went lower-tunnels. As you can tell; they eventually did start moving in on our position.

On August 21 2015 07:59 ArtyK wrote:
On August 21 2015 07:53 Torte de Lini wrote:
https://vid.me/lgFz

I got my first Ace in Counter-Strike! It's as scrappy and shitty as you think!


Haha SG553 zoom close range new meta
Last second plant too nice

But...red HUD? Really? :D



Red is the colour that sticks out the most in my eyesight and blends the least with the in-game environment.


Yeah but you can't tell if you're low hp without looking now
Or does it become green :D that would be a sick reverse


ROFL

It actually just gets redder!
Well, in most cases; if I live, I'm low HP otherwise I die.

On August 21 2015 20:59 Nagisama wrote:
On August 21 2015 19:41 Torte de Lini wrote:
Is there any way to change the gun sound files to be the sound of a M4 with the silencer?

They're all too loud and for some reason, I perform extremely well with the M4 (top 3 in DM even if I'm late) and horrible with the AK47. I hate the AK47 so fucking much, I can't stand this gun and I don't know how anyone can do so well with it as it never works for me on any level no matter how many times I practice.

I'd personally mute in game sounds when I play DM. Everything is just way too loud in those. Either through window's sound mixer thing, or just type "volume 0.1" or any lower number than you have set in console.

There used to be some settings that could alter which sounds are set louder than others, although I think they're sv_cheat protected now. I know there's a more up to date sound settings in the game options, but not sure what it includes.

Hard to explain what is wrong without seeing first hand. Just have to make sure you're fully stopped when tapping/bursting the gun at long ranges.


I mean, what's wrong is that I suck simply; so there isn't anything to figure out but that I need practice.


Won't happen if you keep using the mp7



What's the best map for MP7? I only play Dust when I'm alone ):


I hope for the sake of everyone that you meant dust2 :D

There isn't a "best map" for a gun you're not supposed to use on buy rounds, unless you won the pistol, didn't die the next 2 rounds and play a specific spot.
It's more about where you play on the with an smg vs rifles, you want to be close range preferably
Sup dood ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ KiWiKaKi | SLush | uThermal | PtitDrogo | SortOf | Clem ~ "I told my mom she should vote for me in Nation Wars, she said 'I dunno, I kinda want Finland to win'" – Luolis ~ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_NScWV9h8k#t=1h01m
TL+ Member
Nagisama
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada4481 Posts
August 21 2015 13:30 GMT
#19219
On August 21 2015 22:22 tofucake wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 21 2015 13:02 TheEmulator wrote:
On August 21 2015 12:19 tofucake wrote:
casual is a soul crushing experience which makes me want to quit playing again. fuck playing so many games just to get into competitive again. Please, don't take my 11 year old account with almost 2000 hours of CS on record into account or anything.

Have you tried getting the operation bloodwhateveritscalled badge. You can do missions while grinding to lvl 3 and it takes like 1/3 the time it would normally.

And yeah casual is hilarious. There's always the token 12 year old trying to rile everyone up, rofl.

only have time to play now because I'm between jobs. I don't want to spend money.

Show nested quote +
On August 21 2015 19:25 Nagisama wrote:
Playing 1x 10 minute deathmatch every other day will definitely not gain enough exp to rank up in any game...

To play devil's advocate for everyone that says "my account has x thousand hours playing from 10-11 years ago", if exceptions were granted to older accounts with more hours, then that opens up the market for cheaters to buy the older accounts (not that they don't already, but it'll increase it even more and ease it up).

Your other options are always to play the 3rd party MM options (esea/cevo/faceit/esl), which everyone is always "screw MM, those are better" anyways.

I've tried FaceIT and it's bad. I'm boycotting ESEA. CEVO and ESL appear to be scheduled team leagues, which I don't have a team for nor will I soon (hopefully) have time for.

FaceIT/ESL were just mentioned cause they're there, but I think they're more for EU anyways. CEVO has a pug system too, since they bought/merged with AltPug awhile ago. + Show Spoiler +
even if it is bad, it's there lol.


Calendar"Everyone who has accomplished more than you has no life; Everyone who has accomplished less than you is a noob." | Elem: "nagi is actually really smart"
RuiBarbO
Profile Blog Joined August 2012
United States1340 Posts
August 21 2015 15:46 GMT
#19220
On August 21 2015 20:25 Torte de Lini wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 21 2015 20:15 BeeLz wrote:
On August 21 2015 19:41 Torte de Lini wrote:
Is there any way to change the gun sound files to be the sound of a M4 with the silencer?

They're all too loud and for some reason, I perform extremely well with the M4 (top 3 in DM even if I'm late) and horrible with the AK47. I hate the AK47 so fucking much, I can't stand this gun and I don't know how anyone can do so well with it as it never works for me on any level no matter how many times I practice.


It's possible but you'll get kicked from all servers with sv_pure 1 as far as I know ( all community and competitive servers ).
If one would be able to change sounds you could gain a big advantage, lets say you change the sound of the silenced guns in loud sounds the purpose of playing silenced would be lost.

AK47 is the hardest gun to handle properly, you'll get used to it at some point but you don't have to play with it, certainly at lower levels P90, galil, scout, shotguns can be just as effective.


Ah yeah, I didn't think about that. I guess that would actually be more advantageous than what I wanted lol

I mean, I always play for the better. When I play with higher-levels; I just go with MP7 because it's more reliable for me; but I feel like now would be ideal to learn how to play the traditionally good guns.

But I don't know, when I have the M4, I wreck so hard; but anything T sided I suck


With the AK, I stood facing a wall on Dust 2 and practiced spraying with the first 10 bullets until it looked good. It took a while. I also practiced on the steel drum barrels and tried to hit the top 3rd while spraying. I feel like that was also really helpful.
Can someone please explain/how water falls with no rain?
Prev 1 959 960 961 962 963 1121 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 53m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 183
StarCraft: Brood War
Horang2 1046
Mind 902
Larva 610
ggaemo 600
Stork 329
Leta 200
Bisu 193
PianO 169
Killer 45
Hyuk 30
[ Show more ]
Bale 29
Sexy 23
yabsab 19
ZergMaN 18
sorry 13
Hm[arnc] 8
Dota 2
XcaliburYe188
League of Legends
JimRising 370
Reynor101
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1150
Other Games
summit1g10263
Mew2King118
ArmadaUGS65
crisheroes26
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick501
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream188
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 4
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 5243
• lizZardDota2358
League of Legends
• Stunt1232
• Jankos1047
Upcoming Events
CranKy Ducklings
53m
Online Event
1h 53m
FEL
6h 53m
AI Arena Tournament
7h 53m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
9h 53m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d
INu's Battles
1d 2h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 9h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 9h
Replay Cast
1d 14h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.