• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:03
CEST 10:03
KST 17:03
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War605.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
TL Sidebar missing streams [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror Rollback Netcode in Brood War Sagi.gg Launcher Released BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6890 users

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive - Page 911

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 909 910 911 912 913 1121 Next
Nagisama
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada4481 Posts
April 24 2015 04:13 GMT
#18201
On April 24 2015 12:29 Djzapz wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 24 2015 11:54 Nagisama wrote:
On April 24 2015 10:37 Djzapz wrote:
On April 24 2015 10:16 Blitzkrieg0 wrote:
On April 24 2015 08:09 Djzapz wrote:
I'm LEM and I'm trying to play with my Silver elite/GN2 friends and it's just not working out. The MM system doesn't really allow for this anymore right? It seems like it'll just match the other team just below my level and then there's only so much I can do.


Playing with people way above my rank was the fastest way to improving. If you want to train your friends to be better you'll just eat the bullet and lose some matches for them.

They just want to play a few games, they're not really playing to learn. Yet they can still play MM's among themselves but when I'm there it doesn't really adjust the MM accordingly. Basically me and my DMG friends play together sometimes and once in a while these 3 other guys come along and we just get destroyed. While they might learn, we'd have to get our asses kicked a lot before it happened. They have trouble getting more than 5 kills a game so it's hard to teach them to trade kills

Hell, even I can barely get kills because I'm actually a shit player with shit aim but I can be effective when working as part of a team.

Buy a smurf, keep it at a rank to play specifically with your friends. ?? Not sure what the problem is.

I already have 2 accounts, and I never said it was a problem. It was initially a question (post above), then an explanation as well as a response to his suggestion that they might learn. Is that ok for you, milord?

Sure.
Calendar"Everyone who has accomplished more than you has no life; Everyone who has accomplished less than you is a noob." | Elem: "nagi is actually really smart"
Nimix
Profile Joined October 2011
France1809 Posts
April 24 2015 07:34 GMT
#18202
On April 24 2015 08:09 Djzapz wrote:
I'm LEM and I'm trying to play with my Silver elite/GN2 friends and it's just not working out. The MM system doesn't really allow for this anymore right? It seems like it'll just match the other team just below my level and then there's only so much I can do.


Yeah 5man premades are matched against the highest rank in the party. If you're lem with 4 silvers, you'll be matched against 5 LEM's~.
Fucking sucks, but it kinda works against boosting. I just get flamed for smurfing or toggled against when I play with my buddies :<
pyro19
Profile Joined August 2010
6575 Posts
April 24 2015 07:52 GMT
#18203
So what does everyone think about the NA roster shuffle ? It's kinda sad that Liquid is completely breaking up after FaceIT. They had so much potential but maybe it's for the better.

Also C9 definitely has the most pull in the NA scene right now even if they have the worst results.
Thy Shall Die Alone...or emm..something like that.
iXphobos
Profile Joined July 2010
Germany1465 Posts
April 24 2015 08:17 GMT
#18204
On April 24 2015 16:52 pyro19 wrote:
So what does everyone think about the NA roster shuffle ? It's kinda sad that Liquid is completely breaking up after FaceIT. They had so much potential but maybe it's for the better.

Also C9 definitely has the most pull in the NA scene right now even if they have the worst results.

Liquid is breaking up? Where did you get that?
And C9 definitely has the LEAST pull in NA. If they don't disband they'll end up being a Tier 3 team for the rest of their lives.

pyro19
Profile Joined August 2010
6575 Posts
April 24 2015 08:37 GMT
#18205
On April 24 2015 17:17 iXphobos wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 24 2015 16:52 pyro19 wrote:
So what does everyone think about the NA roster shuffle ? It's kinda sad that Liquid is completely breaking up after FaceIT. They had so much potential but maybe it's for the better.

Also C9 definitely has the most pull in the NA scene right now even if they have the worst results.

Liquid is breaking up? Where did you get that?
And C9 definitely has the LEAST pull in NA. If they don't disband they'll end up being a Tier 3 team for the rest of their lives.



Tarik's stream where the pros we basically playing 5v5 stacks. Also money/popularity wise C9 has the most pull easily in NA.
Thy Shall Die Alone...or emm..something like that.
MooMooMugi
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States10531 Posts
April 24 2015 08:55 GMT
#18206
Excited to see FREAKAZOID play again, hes a sick player
|LoL & SC2 IGN both my username| Just livin' the baylife| Hearthstone ID: MooMooMugi#1544| Dank Memer since 2011
Censured
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Czech Republic1061 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-04-24 09:15:01
April 24 2015 09:11 GMT
#18207
I am watching his stream now, looks like gold nova level to me. Seriously, I dunno if he is drunk or something, but he plays absolutely terrible.
Occupation: Legend
pyro19
Profile Joined August 2010
6575 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-04-24 09:27:11
April 24 2015 09:26 GMT
#18208
On April 24 2015 18:11 Censured wrote:
I am watching his stream now, looks like gold nova level to me. Seriously, I dunno if he is drunk or something, but he plays absolutely terrible.


He's drunk out of his mind and he plays on 120fps. He has pretty sick aim in all honesty
Thy Shall Die Alone...or emm..something like that.
ahswtini
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Northern Ireland22213 Posts
April 24 2015 10:07 GMT
#18209
On April 24 2015 16:34 Nimix wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 24 2015 08:09 Djzapz wrote:
I'm LEM and I'm trying to play with my Silver elite/GN2 friends and it's just not working out. The MM system doesn't really allow for this anymore right? It seems like it'll just match the other team just below my level and then there's only so much I can do.


Yeah 5man premades are matched against the highest rank in the party. If you're lem with 4 silvers, you'll be matched against 5 LEM's~.
Fucking sucks, but it kinda works against boosting. I just get flamed for smurfing or toggled against when I play with my buddies :<

still don't know why there isn't an unranked competitive mode
"As I've said, balance isn't about strategies or counters, it's about probability and statistics." - paralleluniverse
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
April 24 2015 10:28 GMT
#18210
I couldn't really care less about my rank, so I don't think I'd play much of unranked competitive mode. I think the non-competitive version is pretty awful though
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Laserist
Profile Joined September 2011
Turkey4269 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-04-24 10:30:49
April 24 2015 10:29 GMT
#18211
On April 24 2015 19:07 ahswtini wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 24 2015 16:34 Nimix wrote:
On April 24 2015 08:09 Djzapz wrote:
I'm LEM and I'm trying to play with my Silver elite/GN2 friends and it's just not working out. The MM system doesn't really allow for this anymore right? It seems like it'll just match the other team just below my level and then there's only so much I can do.


Yeah 5man premades are matched against the highest rank in the party. If you're lem with 4 silvers, you'll be matched against 5 LEM's~.
Fucking sucks, but it kinda works against boosting. I just get flamed for smurfing or toggled against when I play with my buddies :<

still don't know why there isn't an unranked competitive mode


Valve doesn't give a shit about this game, other than skins. Majority of the things in CS:GO is inferior to Dota in terms of UI, matchmaking(in terms of balancing teams and smurfs), hack etc..
I don't understand why they don't implement things that are already exist in Dota.


On April 24 2015 19:28 Torte de Lini wrote:
I couldn't really care less about my rank, so I don't think I'd play much of unranked competitive mode. I think the non-competitive version is pretty awful though


They can still make the non-competitive mode 5v5 instead of 10v10 lol. Maps are not big enough to handle that much people.
“Are you with the Cartel? Because you’re definitely an Angel.”
Ragnarork
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
France9034 Posts
April 24 2015 11:36 GMT
#18212
On April 24 2015 16:34 Nimix wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 24 2015 08:09 Djzapz wrote:
I'm LEM and I'm trying to play with my Silver elite/GN2 friends and it's just not working out. The MM system doesn't really allow for this anymore right? It seems like it'll just match the other team just below my level and then there's only so much I can do.


Yeah 5man premades are matched against the highest rank in the party. If you're lem with 4 silvers, you'll be matched against 5 LEM's~.
Fucking sucks, but it kinda works against boosting. I just get flamed for smurfing or toggled against when I play with my buddies :<


That seems completely false according to this.

When we play with friends whose ranks go from silver to DMG, we don't get 5 DMG in the opposing team, but most of the time, we get spread ranks, or an average of GN2/3.
LiquipediaWanderer
kyllinghest
Profile Joined December 2011
Norway1607 Posts
April 24 2015 11:41 GMT
#18213
On April 24 2015 19:29 Laserist wrote:
They can still make the non-competitive mode 5v5 instead of 10v10 lol. Maps are not big enough to handle that much people.

Nah, thats how "public" servers have always been, its suppose to be a clusterfuck where the noobs gets loads of people to shoot at.
"NO" -Has
Laserist
Profile Joined September 2011
Turkey4269 Posts
April 24 2015 12:15 GMT
#18214
On April 24 2015 20:41 kyllinghest wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 24 2015 19:29 Laserist wrote:
They can still make the non-competitive mode 5v5 instead of 10v10 lol. Maps are not big enough to handle that much people.

Nah, thats how "public" servers have always been, its suppose to be a clusterfuck where the noobs gets loads of people to shoot at.


My intention is and offer to reduce the smurfs which plague lower brackets. If you have lower skilled friends, go the the unranked 5v5 in where everyone basically can play with everyone without thinking the e-peen and no league restrictions. I rank up a lot nowadays and I fear that I might not play with my close friends if I rank up a few more.
“Are you with the Cartel? Because you’re definitely an Angel.”
Nimix
Profile Joined October 2011
France1809 Posts
April 24 2015 14:55 GMT
#18215
On April 24 2015 20:36 Ragnarork wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 24 2015 16:34 Nimix wrote:
On April 24 2015 08:09 Djzapz wrote:
I'm LEM and I'm trying to play with my Silver elite/GN2 friends and it's just not working out. The MM system doesn't really allow for this anymore right? It seems like it'll just match the other team just below my level and then there's only so much I can do.


Yeah 5man premades are matched against the highest rank in the party. If you're lem with 4 silvers, you'll be matched against 5 LEM's~.
Fucking sucks, but it kinda works against boosting. I just get flamed for smurfing or toggled against when I play with my buddies :<


That seems completely false according to this.

When we play with friends whose ranks go from silver to DMG, we don't get 5 DMG in the opposing team, but most of the time, we get spread ranks, or an average of GN2/3.


Can you even queue as DMG with silvers?
tofucake
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Hyrule19260 Posts
April 24 2015 15:09 GMT
#18216
you can but it doesn't turn out well for anybody
Liquipediaasante sana squash banana
Djzapz
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Canada10681 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-04-24 15:12:21
April 24 2015 15:12 GMT
#18217
On April 24 2015 20:36 Ragnarork wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 24 2015 16:34 Nimix wrote:
On April 24 2015 08:09 Djzapz wrote:
I'm LEM and I'm trying to play with my Silver elite/GN2 friends and it's just not working out. The MM system doesn't really allow for this anymore right? It seems like it'll just match the other team just below my level and then there's only so much I can do.


Yeah 5man premades are matched against the highest rank in the party. If you're lem with 4 silvers, you'll be matched against 5 LEM's~.
Fucking sucks, but it kinda works against boosting. I just get flamed for smurfing or toggled against when I play with my buddies :<


That seems completely false according to this.

When we play with friends whose ranks go from silver to DMG, we don't get 5 DMG in the opposing team, but most of the time, we get spread ranks, or an average of GN2/3.

Maybe they're doing the same thing. Last time I played, it was
LEM, DMG, GN2, GN1, Silver5 (or something)
vs.
LE, LE, LE, DMG, DMG
"My incompetence with power tools had been increasing exponentially over the course of 20 years spent inhaling experimental oven cleaners"
Blitzkrieg0
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States13132 Posts
April 24 2015 15:44 GMT
#18218
On April 24 2015 23:55 Nimix wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 24 2015 20:36 Ragnarork wrote:
On April 24 2015 16:34 Nimix wrote:
On April 24 2015 08:09 Djzapz wrote:
I'm LEM and I'm trying to play with my Silver elite/GN2 friends and it's just not working out. The MM system doesn't really allow for this anymore right? It seems like it'll just match the other team just below my level and then there's only so much I can do.


Yeah 5man premades are matched against the highest rank in the party. If you're lem with 4 silvers, you'll be matched against 5 LEM's~.
Fucking sucks, but it kinda works against boosting. I just get flamed for smurfing or toggled against when I play with my buddies :<


That seems completely false according to this.

When we play with friends whose ranks go from silver to DMG, we don't get 5 DMG in the opposing team, but most of the time, we get spread ranks, or an average of GN2/3.


Can you even queue as DMG with silvers?


You have to have a full stack if the ranks are too spread out.
I'll always be your shadow and veil your eyes from states of ain soph aur.
BravoScripT.DK
Profile Joined July 2010
Denmark230 Posts
April 24 2015 19:39 GMT
#18219
Was just playing CSGO Matchmaking - Currently Supreme.
Then suddenly 7-2 ingame, I get kicked to the lobby with the shitties shit.

: An issue with your computer is blocking the VAC system. You cannot play on secure servers. :

Then it gives me the biggest list of things to do.
I manage to do 95% of all the things suggested, try to reconnect and still fails.
Try to make the last resort, to bad, been away from the match to long, 30min CD.
Steam has to be the worst "platform" to play on. WHY the fuck not give me time to fix it. No wonder no1 plays MM, when you can play on Faceit, ESEA, cevo etc which you atleast have a chance to play!
Zerg all the wayz
Sn0_Man
Profile Blog Joined October 2012
Tebellong44238 Posts
April 24 2015 19:40 GMT
#18220
no need to post it here too, leave it in the qq thread
LiquidDota StaffSCIENTISTS BAFFLED | 3275929302
Prev 1 909 910 911 912 913 1121 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 57m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 4493
Leta 1716
BeSt 434
Soulkey 380
Soma 143
ZergMaN 31
Shine 29
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm130
XcaliburYe23
League of Legends
JimRising 562
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King77
Other Games
summit1g8670
WinterStarcraft673
Sick228
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV211
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Sammyuel 33
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2306
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1h 57m
Patches Events
6h 57m
BSL Open Qualifier
10h 57m
BSL Open Qualifier
10h 57m
OSC
14h 57m
OSC
1d 3h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.