• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:12
CEST 08:12
KST 15:12
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon102Weekly Cups (Aug 30-Sep 7): herO thrives amid growing schism10
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) Blizzard Classic Cup @ BlizzCon 2026 - $100k prize pool
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ StarCraft Human 'N' AI League
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9301 users

Path of Exile - Page 1622

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 1620 1621 1622 1623 1624 1759 Next
Guild invites: Message any of EvoSenseOfPride, ScionViableORly, neophyteWham, TheTouchOfGOLD in game
OR
post your character name in the thread and ask for an invite
Private league ladder (finished): https://www.pathofexile.com/private-leagues/league/TeamLiquid and friends
Haasts
Profile Joined October 2011
New Zealand4445 Posts
September 30 2020 00:33 GMT
#32421
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2953909

I haven't really had a lot of the issues others have had, but I've also been busy focusing on other content in SSF (just downed my first Sirus of the league on a 5L, delving down to find Abyssal Cities / Primeval Ruins and Frigid Fossils, trying to unlock the Delirium Zana mod... found ~45 cluster jewels so far but no cold DoT ones, blah), might try some low level wand/sceptre crafting.

Wish Legion icons preloaded - things don't lag anymore, but the reward icons don't render until 5 seconds after popping the monolith, which can be frustrating.
PaniaoftheReef in Path of Exile TotA SSF SC // Lovelin fanclub // GreenTea #1
Velr
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
Switzerland10958 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-09-30 15:30:37
September 30 2020 10:36 GMT
#32422
I'm pretty much over the league but actually don't want to.

Played my Discharge-Jugg till lvl 91? Very decent char, not the fastest obviously but nice survivability and clear was respectable. Slow bossing tho, 4 Watchstone conquerors took too long for my taste but due to the massive reg they were very easy (didn't do sirius). But normally i play Assassin-Glasscannons, so this felt just very weird to me.
Played a Skellemancer up to lvl 85 but killspeed and survivability in high red maps feel horrible (still very budget tho), dunno if i will try Skelliarchers and go on with it. The char would for sure be easily salvagable but, meh...

I actually want to play more, i just don't know what and nothing seems appealing... :/ At least the Jugg can easypeasy do every Heist on budget gear whiteout any issue or fear, so thats a bonus. If only Heists weren't the epitome of boredom for me.
HolydaKing
Profile Joined February 2010
21254 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-09-30 11:44:21
September 30 2020 11:33 GMT
#32423
I'm using my own slightly altered version of the build of this guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2717739

It's Summon Holy Relic Guardian, plays kind of like CoC, either with Cyclone (my prefered skill) or Static Strike.

It's insanely tanky and strong with cheap gear (Judgement Staff 6L is like 10-15c last I checked). That being said, reaching high endgame dps requires Empower and the +3 staff, but even on a +1 staff (decently cheap to alt-craft) and without Empower I managed to kill T16 bosses just fine. I actually didn't even use Geofri's Legacy until I did the prophecy myself at T13. I used some minion res jewels and defensive minion annoint though because without Empower and +3 staff the Relics were dying a little too often for my taste.

I did not do many Heists lately (but even the highest level onces were pretty safe) since I wanted to finish my Atlas first, but will do so after the next patch hits since a lot of the things they are wanting do change are sounding nice.

It's probably the strongest starter build I have ever played (or maybe rather most solid? so few deaths without trying too hard), but I guess I wouldn't wanna play it on SSF.
Velr
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
Switzerland10958 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-10-01 07:58:33
October 01 2020 07:52 GMT
#32424
I startet a Shadow whiteout any clue yesterday. First tought about Divine Ire but well...
He's now lvl 42, Assassin, and so far does selfcast FB/Ice Nova (stacking Crit, AE and P-Charges on the tree).

While leveling I found the Treshold Jewel for Discharge and have a question:
It sais --> "Discharge cooldown IS 250 ms" (and -40% increased damage and less ae). Which all seem plenty fine with the new Discharge(?).
But: Is the cooldown Character wide or per Discharge-Gem? Normal CoC has a cooldown of iirc 160ms. So discharge being 250 ms isn't that bad (dunno about the internal cd of cospris).


Joni_
Profile Joined April 2011
Germany355 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-10-02 14:10:30
October 02 2020 13:50 GMT
#32425
Does the "supported Skills deal X% more Chaos damage over time" part of vicious projetiles increase the damage of poisons inflicted by physical damage dealt by the skill?
I guess it does not as all forms of double dipping interaction with ailments was supposedly removed? Or is it considered fine because while the gem double dips, it's not one of its stats that is applied twice, but rather two stats each being applied once?
Sapaio
Profile Joined October 2017
Denmark2037 Posts
October 02 2020 14:33 GMT
#32426
On October 02 2020 22:50 Joni_ wrote:
Does the "supported Skills deal X% more Chaos damage over time" part of vicious projetiles increase the damage of poisons inflicted by physical damage dealt by the skill?
I guess it does not as all forms of double dipping interaction with ailments was supposedly removed? Or is it considered fine because while the gem double dips, it's not one of its stats that is applied twice, but rather two stats each being applied once?


It doesn't double dip, but it is because the poison damage is based on base damage and isn't effect by the increase in attack damage dealt. So u got it reversed.
GO OG
Joni_
Profile Joined April 2011
Germany355 Posts
October 02 2020 15:53 GMT
#32427
On October 02 2020 23:33 Sapaio wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 02 2020 22:50 Joni_ wrote:
Does the "supported Skills deal X% more Chaos damage over time" part of vicious projetiles increase the damage of poisons inflicted by physical damage dealt by the skill?
I guess it does not as all forms of double dipping interaction with ailments was supposedly removed? Or is it considered fine because while the gem double dips, it's not one of its stats that is applied twice, but rather two stats each being applied once?


It doesn't double dip, but it is because the poison damage is based on base damage and isn't effect by the increase in attack damage dealt. So u got it reversed.

Ah, I thought poison damage depends on the actual damage of the hit, but it only depends on the hit's base damage? Thanks for the clarification. :D
Joni_
Profile Joined April 2011
Germany355 Posts
October 06 2020 15:46 GMT
#32428
Excuse the double post, but I thought new question deserves a bump:

What's the current Grand Heist strategy? I havent really done any heists aside from the green story ones, and one Grand Heist (which burned me completely dry as I spent all my markers...). Ive read that pre-patch revealing wings wasn't exactly worth it? Is that still the case? If not, should one reveal full wings or what's good right now? :D
HolydaKing
Profile Joined February 2010
21254 Posts
October 06 2020 22:11 GMT
#32429
I dunno what's the optimal strategy, I generally reveal the wings with Gianna 40% discount and also the nodes that I like, such as currency and blight. But that's it, more is just too expensive.
Keltor
Profile Joined February 2011
28 Posts
October 08 2020 07:07 GMT
#32430
Hey guys.
Im looking for a build to play. I started this league as a ED trickster. But since i got a bit tired of the game style. Id like to play a tanky higher dps build with a good amount of dps. Got arround 10 ex right now
Can anyone recommend some build?
Thanks
Holint_Casazr
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Germany72 Posts
October 08 2020 08:09 GMT
#32431
I like max block glad, especially great for heists. 79% block, gain life on block etc, 80%+ phys dmg mitigation. Its only weakness is DoT all in all (though you still can sometimes die to one shots, depending).

You can go Lacerate, Cyclone or even bleed earthquake. I prefer cyclone, though afaik Lacerate has by far the best DPS and EQ is if you want something different.
HolydaKing
Profile Joined February 2010
21254 Posts
October 08 2020 09:18 GMT
#32432
Well I can recommend the build I posted here earlier: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2717739

Insanely tanky once you got the gear together (most things aren't too expensive) and it's a skill which most people don't even know that it can do damage.
Duka08
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
3391 Posts
October 08 2020 13:05 GMT
#32433
Earthshatter is popular among a few friends in my private league right now. Sounds like the damage is just high overall so you can comfortably build for defense/life on the tree and such. Think most of them are playing Champion though I'm sure it's flexible with any of the good melee ascendancies depending on small preferences or how tanky you want to go. Tons of examples on poe.ninja to reference.
Velr
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
Switzerland10958 Posts
October 09 2020 13:12 GMT
#32434
Can anyone here craft "Hits can't be evaded" (in SC Trade league)?

Syndicate is really not giving me any luck this league :/
nukem1
Profile Joined October 2010
345 Posts
October 09 2020 15:59 GMT
#32435
On October 09 2020 22:12 Velr wrote:
Can anyone here craft "Hits can't be evaded" (in SC Trade league)?

Syndicate is really not giving me any luck this league :/


I have it (and probably some others too), just ask in chat.
https://tudorpc.wordpress.com/
Haasts
Profile Joined October 2011
New Zealand4445 Posts
October 12 2020 20:06 GMT
#32436
Hit 24 challenges in SSF and might tap out for the moment (cat pet!); haven't found any unique contracts but found a Farric Tiger / Cortex from Zana / etc. Wish I'd realised sooner to switch out my 5L Kintsugi for a rando 6L while I farmed up fuses; the survivability dip wasn't build-breaking but the extra link made things a lot faster/smoother.

Really enjoyed the Betrayal-y banter/personalities of the rogues, didn't seem to have as many technical issues as the loudest people on Reddit etc, and Heist felt really rewarding compared for SSF compared to things like Delirium/Legion that scale more with DPS/clearspeed (so many exalts to multimod with!). Had hoped to radically re-spec my builds with the Elemental Overload sceptre and Cold DoT cluster jewels, but only found one in a stash tab full of cluster jewels (some many Herald ones!), and tbh probably better I get on to my stack of books and give myself a break before the next league.

https://poe.ninja/challengessf/builds/char/Haasts/Kurangaituku


PaniaoftheReef in Path of Exile TotA SSF SC // Lovelin fanclub // GreenTea #1
Miragee
Profile Joined December 2009
8708 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-10-12 20:33:26
October 12 2020 20:31 GMT
#32437
On September 26 2020 08:53 Blitzkrieg0 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 26 2020 08:40 Miragee wrote:
I decided to give this league ago. It has been a while since I last played. Betrayel was my last league to be exact. Since I had a large gap before Betrayel as well, the course of the story still feels very new/fresh to me. I probably have to look up a guide again for the atlas once I reach maps. I remember the mechanics gave me a headache last time and I can't remember much of it. -.- At least I decided to play softcore this time so I don't have to worry too much about dying - which is good because I already died once to a random trap in a labyrinth. So rusty...


+ Show Spoiler [map guide] +
On June 24 2020 11:06 ASoo wrote:
Was talking about atlas completion in guild chat; posting a clearer explanation of what I'm talking about here. This is basically the strategy laid out in this guide, but that thread is so wordy that I found it hard to follow, even though it's all correct.

Here's what I'm doing:

  • 1. Do white maps aimlessly to get a few completions for the bonus and a decent white map pool. During this stage you don't care about which ones you're completing; having white map completions won't cause you problems later, because we're going to be using watchstones to prevent bad maps from cluttering up the drop pool.
  • 2. Once you have enough white maps that you have several from the same corner region, grab those maps and do them one after another. This should spawn your first Conqueror. Run it and get your first Watchstone. Socket this Watchstone in one of the interior regions. It doesn't really matter which one, as long as you have a couple of map completions for that region so the maps there can drop.
  • 3. Do the same for each of the other three corners, fighting the second through fourth Conquerors. Bank their Watchstones, don't socket them in a region. During this time, you should be getting a few drops of maps in the region where you have one Watchstone. You'll use these next.
  • 4. Socket two of your banked Watchstones in a different interior region.
  • 5. Run maps from the region that has one Watchstone, to spawn your fifth through eighth Conquerors (you should already have these maps because they were dropping during steps 2-3). During this time, you should be getting map drops for the region where you have two Watchstones socketed, but not anywhere else (because nowhere else has enough Watchstones socketed to drop maps of that tier).
  • 6. Now that you're done with the first interior region, unsocket its Watchstone, so that it no longer competes on the drop table. Socket three of your banked Watchstones into the third interior region (one where you haven't done any Conquerors yet).
  • 7. Run maps from the region that has two Watchstones, to spawn your ninth through twelfth Conquerors (you should already have these maps because they were dropping during step 5). While you're doing this, you should get map drops from the region with three Watchstones socketed.
  • 8. Unsocket the two Watchstones from the region you just finished, and socket four of your banked Watchstones into the last interior region where you haven't fought the Conquerors.
  • 9. Run maps from the region with three Watchstones, spawning your thirteenth through sixteenth Conquerors, and getting map drops for the last interior region.
  • 10. Unsocket the three Watchstones from the region you just finished, and socket four Watchstones into any corner region.
  • 11. Run the maps from the final interior region, spawning your seventeenth through twentieth Conquerors, and getting map drops for the corner region you just socketed.
  • 12. You now have 20 Watchstones, meeting the requirements to fight Sirus for the first time. Do the Awakener fight. After this point, Conqueror spawns are no longer guaranteed in eligible regions, so it'll take longer to spawn the remaining ones.
  • 13. Unsocket the four Watchstones from the final interior region, and socket them into a second corner region.
  • 14+. Run maps in a corner region. When you finish a corner region (have fought all four Conquerors there), unsocket its Watchstones and move them to a different corner region which you haven't finished yet. Repeat until you've done all four corners. Then socket all your Watchstones everywhere (for max Awakener level), or in regions where you like the maps (less Awakener level but don't have to run maps you don't like), and farm at will.

...aaaaand now I'm almost as wordy as the guide I started from.

The point of this whole rigmarole is that at any time after your first four Conqueror fights, the only valid drop options for maps at or slightly higher than the tier you're running are the region you're currently running, or the region you'll be running next, since everywhere else on the Atlas is nothing but white maps because you don't have any Watchstones socketed there. This makes it way more likely that you'll get the map drops you need (or you're about to need) as you go along, instead of having to buy maps to do progression.


https://tl.net/forum/postmessage.php?quote=32194&topic_id=250781


So my progression has been very slow due to time limitation but I have made my way into maps, killed my first couple conquerers. I actually got a question about point 3. I socketed my first Watchstone in the interior region (I hope, it's Lex Proxima) which made all the maps level up as they should. However, the drop limitations still apply so if I do maps of other regions I will most likely not get any maps of Lex Proxima because their level is above what can drop. Am I doing it wrong?

Another thing that seems to be missing recently is the lab preruns. I have done 4 in early maps but haven't encountered any of the final two over the last 50 maps or so. I kind of want to do the Eternal Lab to get my final 2 points.

Heists have been weird so far. I only did a handful of normal ones, which seemed easy, as well as all the story ones I found. The last 4 story ones I got randomly one shot on my way out. I didn't even see what did it in any of the cases. Good I play SC this time but all the loot got lost...

Aside from that I have to say the leveling experience is very smooth now with 10 acts. The game is so rich as well with all the previous league stuff, masters, Heists etc. It really is a different game and the long pause really hits you in the face with how much the game has grown.
Gorsameth
Profile Joined April 2010
Netherlands22611 Posts
October 12 2020 21:32 GMT
#32438
On October 13 2020 05:31 Miragee wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 26 2020 08:53 Blitzkrieg0 wrote:
On September 26 2020 08:40 Miragee wrote:
I decided to give this league ago. It has been a while since I last played. Betrayel was my last league to be exact. Since I had a large gap before Betrayel as well, the course of the story still feels very new/fresh to me. I probably have to look up a guide again for the atlas once I reach maps. I remember the mechanics gave me a headache last time and I can't remember much of it. -.- At least I decided to play softcore this time so I don't have to worry too much about dying - which is good because I already died once to a random trap in a labyrinth. So rusty...


+ Show Spoiler [map guide] +
On June 24 2020 11:06 ASoo wrote:
Was talking about atlas completion in guild chat; posting a clearer explanation of what I'm talking about here. This is basically the strategy laid out in this guide, but that thread is so wordy that I found it hard to follow, even though it's all correct.

Here's what I'm doing:

  • 1. Do white maps aimlessly to get a few completions for the bonus and a decent white map pool. During this stage you don't care about which ones you're completing; having white map completions won't cause you problems later, because we're going to be using watchstones to prevent bad maps from cluttering up the drop pool.
  • 2. Once you have enough white maps that you have several from the same corner region, grab those maps and do them one after another. This should spawn your first Conqueror. Run it and get your first Watchstone. Socket this Watchstone in one of the interior regions. It doesn't really matter which one, as long as you have a couple of map completions for that region so the maps there can drop.
  • 3. Do the same for each of the other three corners, fighting the second through fourth Conquerors. Bank their Watchstones, don't socket them in a region. During this time, you should be getting a few drops of maps in the region where you have one Watchstone. You'll use these next.
  • 4. Socket two of your banked Watchstones in a different interior region.
  • 5. Run maps from the region that has one Watchstone, to spawn your fifth through eighth Conquerors (you should already have these maps because they were dropping during steps 2-3). During this time, you should be getting map drops for the region where you have two Watchstones socketed, but not anywhere else (because nowhere else has enough Watchstones socketed to drop maps of that tier).
  • 6. Now that you're done with the first interior region, unsocket its Watchstone, so that it no longer competes on the drop table. Socket three of your banked Watchstones into the third interior region (one where you haven't done any Conquerors yet).
  • 7. Run maps from the region that has two Watchstones, to spawn your ninth through twelfth Conquerors (you should already have these maps because they were dropping during step 5). While you're doing this, you should get map drops from the region with three Watchstones socketed.
  • 8. Unsocket the two Watchstones from the region you just finished, and socket four of your banked Watchstones into the last interior region where you haven't fought the Conquerors.
  • 9. Run maps from the region with three Watchstones, spawning your thirteenth through sixteenth Conquerors, and getting map drops for the last interior region.
  • 10. Unsocket the three Watchstones from the region you just finished, and socket four Watchstones into any corner region.
  • 11. Run the maps from the final interior region, spawning your seventeenth through twentieth Conquerors, and getting map drops for the corner region you just socketed.
  • 12. You now have 20 Watchstones, meeting the requirements to fight Sirus for the first time. Do the Awakener fight. After this point, Conqueror spawns are no longer guaranteed in eligible regions, so it'll take longer to spawn the remaining ones.
  • 13. Unsocket the four Watchstones from the final interior region, and socket them into a second corner region.
  • 14+. Run maps in a corner region. When you finish a corner region (have fought all four Conquerors there), unsocket its Watchstones and move them to a different corner region which you haven't finished yet. Repeat until you've done all four corners. Then socket all your Watchstones everywhere (for max Awakener level), or in regions where you like the maps (less Awakener level but don't have to run maps you don't like), and farm at will.

...aaaaand now I'm almost as wordy as the guide I started from.

The point of this whole rigmarole is that at any time after your first four Conqueror fights, the only valid drop options for maps at or slightly higher than the tier you're running are the region you're currently running, or the region you'll be running next, since everywhere else on the Atlas is nothing but white maps because you don't have any Watchstones socketed there. This makes it way more likely that you'll get the map drops you need (or you're about to need) as you go along, instead of having to buy maps to do progression.


https://tl.net/forum/postmessage.php?quote=32194&topic_id=250781


So my progression has been very slow due to time limitation but I have made my way into maps, killed my first couple conquerers. I actually got a question about point 3. I socketed my first Watchstone in the interior region (I hope, it's Lex Proxima) which made all the maps level up as they should. However, the drop limitations still apply so if I do maps of other regions I will most likely not get any maps of Lex Proxima because their level is above what can drop. Am I doing it wrong?

Another thing that seems to be missing recently is the lab preruns. I have done 4 in early maps but haven't encountered any of the final two over the last 50 maps or so. I kind of want to do the Eternal Lab to get my final 2 points.

Heists have been weird so far. I only did a handful of normal ones, which seemed easy, as well as all the story ones I found. The last 4 story ones I got randomly one shot on my way out. I didn't even see what did it in any of the cases. Good I play SC this time but all the loot got lost...

Aside from that I have to say the leveling experience is very smooth now with 10 acts. The game is so rich as well with all the previous league stuff, masters, Heists etc. It really is a different game and the long pause really hits you in the face with how much the game has grown.
Run tier 3 maps hoping to get tier 4, ect. (or higher if you have them obviously).
The idea that is as you run maps in the outer regions to spawn each conquerer once you occasionally get a map for the socketed inner region. This is also where it helps to try and do as many different maps as you can so you can get their Bonus, which gives you more chance to get a higher level map.

As for Lab, that is sadly the nature of RNG. I got more then 16 stones and fought Sirius for before I found the final lab trial this league ><. Zana missions can be a tiny bit of help since there is a chance for her extra map objective to be a lab trial.
It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death
Blitzkrieg0
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States13132 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-10-13 00:14:32
October 12 2020 23:12 GMT
#32439
On October 13 2020 05:31 Miragee wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 26 2020 08:53 Blitzkrieg0 wrote:
On September 26 2020 08:40 Miragee wrote:
I decided to give this league ago. It has been a while since I last played. Betrayel was my last league to be exact. Since I had a large gap before Betrayel as well, the course of the story still feels very new/fresh to me. I probably have to look up a guide again for the atlas once I reach maps. I remember the mechanics gave me a headache last time and I can't remember much of it. -.- At least I decided to play softcore this time so I don't have to worry too much about dying - which is good because I already died once to a random trap in a labyrinth. So rusty...


+ Show Spoiler [map guide] +
On June 24 2020 11:06 ASoo wrote:
Was talking about atlas completion in guild chat; posting a clearer explanation of what I'm talking about here. This is basically the strategy laid out in this guide, but that thread is so wordy that I found it hard to follow, even though it's all correct.

Here's what I'm doing:

  • 1. Do white maps aimlessly to get a few completions for the bonus and a decent white map pool. During this stage you don't care about which ones you're completing; having white map completions won't cause you problems later, because we're going to be using watchstones to prevent bad maps from cluttering up the drop pool.
  • 2. Once you have enough white maps that you have several from the same corner region, grab those maps and do them one after another. This should spawn your first Conqueror. Run it and get your first Watchstone. Socket this Watchstone in one of the interior regions. It doesn't really matter which one, as long as you have a couple of map completions for that region so the maps there can drop.
  • 3. Do the same for each of the other three corners, fighting the second through fourth Conquerors. Bank their Watchstones, don't socket them in a region. During this time, you should be getting a few drops of maps in the region where you have one Watchstone. You'll use these next.
  • 4. Socket two of your banked Watchstones in a different interior region.
  • 5. Run maps from the region that has one Watchstone, to spawn your fifth through eighth Conquerors (you should already have these maps because they were dropping during steps 2-3). During this time, you should be getting map drops for the region where you have two Watchstones socketed, but not anywhere else (because nowhere else has enough Watchstones socketed to drop maps of that tier).
  • 6. Now that you're done with the first interior region, unsocket its Watchstone, so that it no longer competes on the drop table. Socket three of your banked Watchstones into the third interior region (one where you haven't done any Conquerors yet).
  • 7. Run maps from the region that has two Watchstones, to spawn your ninth through twelfth Conquerors (you should already have these maps because they were dropping during step 5). While you're doing this, you should get map drops from the region with three Watchstones socketed.
  • 8. Unsocket the two Watchstones from the region you just finished, and socket four of your banked Watchstones into the last interior region where you haven't fought the Conquerors.
  • 9. Run maps from the region with three Watchstones, spawning your thirteenth through sixteenth Conquerors, and getting map drops for the last interior region.
  • 10. Unsocket the three Watchstones from the region you just finished, and socket four Watchstones into any corner region.
  • 11. Run the maps from the final interior region, spawning your seventeenth through twentieth Conquerors, and getting map drops for the corner region you just socketed.
  • 12. You now have 20 Watchstones, meeting the requirements to fight Sirus for the first time. Do the Awakener fight. After this point, Conqueror spawns are no longer guaranteed in eligible regions, so it'll take longer to spawn the remaining ones.
  • 13. Unsocket the four Watchstones from the final interior region, and socket them into a second corner region.
  • 14+. Run maps in a corner region. When you finish a corner region (have fought all four Conquerors there), unsocket its Watchstones and move them to a different corner region which you haven't finished yet. Repeat until you've done all four corners. Then socket all your Watchstones everywhere (for max Awakener level), or in regions where you like the maps (less Awakener level but don't have to run maps you don't like), and farm at will.

...aaaaand now I'm almost as wordy as the guide I started from.

The point of this whole rigmarole is that at any time after your first four Conqueror fights, the only valid drop options for maps at or slightly higher than the tier you're running are the region you're currently running, or the region you'll be running next, since everywhere else on the Atlas is nothing but white maps because you don't have any Watchstones socketed there. This makes it way more likely that you'll get the map drops you need (or you're about to need) as you go along, instead of having to buy maps to do progression.


https://tl.net/forum/postmessage.php?quote=32194&topic_id=250781


So my progression has been very slow due to time limitation but I have made my way into maps, killed my first couple conquerers. I actually got a question about point 3. I socketed my first Watchstone in the interior region (I hope, it's Lex Proxima) which made all the maps level up as they should. However, the drop limitations still apply so if I do maps of other regions I will most likely not get any maps of Lex Proxima because their level is above what can drop. Am I doing it wrong?

Another thing that seems to be missing recently is the lab preruns. I have done 4 in early maps but haven't encountered any of the final two over the last 50 maps or so. I kind of want to do the Eternal Lab to get my final 2 points.

Heists have been weird so far. I only did a handful of normal ones, which seemed easy, as well as all the story ones I found. The last 4 story ones I got randomly one shot on my way out. I didn't even see what did it in any of the cases. Good I play SC this time but all the loot got lost...

Aside from that I have to say the leveling experience is very smooth now with 10 acts. The game is so rich as well with all the previous league stuff, masters, Heists etc. It really is a different game and the long pause really hits you in the face with how much the game has grown.


The setup doesn't make your lower tier maps useful, it just ensures that more of the maps you receive will be for the region you want to run next. If you have one watchstone and get a tier 6 or 7 map drop it is guaranteed to be for Lex Promina with that socketing strategy. If it's a tier 4 or 5 then it could be in another region as well since those also have that tier, but this is impossible to avoid because there is always overlap. You're maximizing the amount of Lex Promina drops you get with the strategy.

If you skip ahead to the next step it may make more sense. Socket two watchstones into Tirn's End. Now all of your tier 8-10 drops will be in Tirn's End. This one is nice because there is no overlap.

On October 13 2020 06:32 Gorsameth wrote:
The idea that is as you run maps in the outer regions to spawn each conquerer once you occasionally get a map for the socketed inner region. This is also where it helps to try and do as many different maps as you can so you can get their Bonus, which gives you more chance to get a higher level map.


You can still only get map drops from stuff you've cleared or adjacent so keep an eye on your Zana as well to open up everything.
I'll always be your shadow and veil your eyes from states of ain soph aur.
Broetchenholer
Profile Joined March 2011
Germany1967 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-10-13 08:28:50
October 13 2020 07:55 GMT
#32440
Hopefully just a quick build question. I am currently trying to play some form of dot build and the last 3-4 chars have felt meh. So now i am trying poison dagger, but i think it's not working either. From previous iterations of PoE i feel it was possible to buil the poison as the main damage source, greatly outscaling the actual hit. Now that ailment doubledipping is gone, puting points into poison nodes seems utterly pointless. If i understand it correctly, the best you could do with offensive nodes is have the same damage scaling on the hit as you have on the poison. So, adding +10% damage with hits and ailments raises them both the same way. Damage over time modifiers only raises the poison, so do poison damage modifiers. But poison nodes by this metric would be terrible.
If poison does 20% of the hit per second for 2 seconds, and our gains from "normal" damage nodes result in not shifting that very much in favor of the poison, adding 10% increased poison damage is equivalent to 4% damage with hits. Even if i put any of my offensive points into dot damage, poison and other nodes that only affect the poison, the poison damage will probably not become viable.

What am i missing? There are a bunch of builds playing around poison skills, like toxic rain, is that all just because of the agony crawler? I have very little end game experience as my hc chars usually die before i start mapping, so maybe equipment enables these builds in a way?

Also, what is a good number of dps to aim towards to see if a build is able to scale well into the endgame? What number do i need to reach to do tier, let's say 10 map bosses.

Edit: Scratch the last question, apparently we are still in double digit millions dps even with poison builds. So, why are they utilizing poison if the base damage is so low and the nodes are not significantly better then those affecting hits?
Prev 1 1620 1621 1622 1623 1624 1759 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
00:00
2026 GSTL: Grand Finals
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
23:00
OSC Masters Cup #151 Qualifier
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
NeuroSwarm 186
StarCraft: Brood War
soO 474
hero 465
BeSt 250
Mind 32
Bale 23
ZergMaN 11
Terrorterran 11
Noble 10
yabsab 9
Icarus 6
Dota 2
monkeys_forever1100
League of Legends
JimRising 659
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King102
Other Games
summit1g9493
Livibee33
ArmadaUGS31
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick467
StarCraft: Brood War
Kim Chul Min (afreeca) 10
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH347
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 3
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2265
League of Legends
• Rush1207
• Stunt528
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
3h 48m
Soma vs Jaedong
WardiTV Weekly
4h 48m
Monday Night Weeklies
9h 48m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 3h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 3h
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 17h
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
FEL
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.