• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:25
CEST 20:25
KST 03:25
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup9StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)72Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9226 users

Path of Exile - Page 1457

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 1455 1456 1457 1458 1459 1759 Next
Guild invites: Message any of EvoSenseOfPride, ScionViableORly, neophyteWham, TheTouchOfGOLD in game
OR
post your character name in the thread and ask for an invite
Private league ladder (finished): https://www.pathofexile.com/private-leagues/league/TeamLiquid and friends
Sn0_Man
Profile Blog Joined October 2012
Tebellong44238 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-11-13 20:43:13
November 13 2018 20:42 GMT
#29121
You aren't wrong, but it's the same as the "guild self found" bit. You can do guild-found challenges in regular non-private leagues too, but it isn't the same.

Similarly, if delve is there so aggressively in every zone, it actively makes you feel bad to not participate in it.

But obviously this league isn't about just me, i'm just explaining my thoughts when filling out the survey.

I wonder how rippy these "Betrayal" encounters will be.
LiquidDota StaffSCIENTISTS BAFFLED | 3275929302
Alur
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Denmark3900 Posts
November 13 2018 20:59 GMT
#29122
Well, normal guild-found doesn't get a working ladder with announcements or it's own trade API, but I understand where you're coming from.

I personally played HC in Delve, and for similar reasons I made sure to be slightly overleveled/geared for my depth. I found that to be a happy compromise.

But so far the only consensus is that it will be a trade league starting this Friday.
AKA No can Dazzle | https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlTpX7z3Pok
TL+ Member
Faeny
Profile Joined January 2015
647 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-11-14 00:55:05
November 13 2018 23:38 GMT
#29123
Everything looks great so far. (Other than how much grinding it looks like it'll take to get a final betrayal hq encounter.)

Winter Orb looks like it'll work really well with blade vortex if the numbers are good.
Looks like it's a main skill and not a cwc-like support which was my initial assumption. Looks really neat though by itself.

And ziggyd's vid shows lightning brand being pretty good for destroying all but 1 enemy of packs.

If poet's pen survives unscathed, I might do frostbolt/ice nova or something.

But the new shotgunning sword/axe skill, hmm.
SKT hwaiting! RIP TL, TiP
r.Evo
Profile Joined August 2006
Germany14081 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-11-14 02:35:09
November 14 2018 02:20 GMT
#29124
Was hoping they simply take away the known mastercrafts for a second, that would have been exciting. :3

The league content itself sounds annoying in the long run after the short intro, but eh, all the other changes seem nice. Also, Incursion!

AND IF ALL ELSE FAILS SIMS WRAECLAST LEAGUE FINALLY FUCK YEAH

e: Also beasts. Awesome, sexy beasts.
"We don't make mistakes here, we call it happy little accidents." ~Bob Ross
BLinD-RawR
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
ALLEYCAT BLUES51588 Posts
November 14 2018 02:38 GMT
#29125
is this the nemesis system in poe?
Brood War EICWoo Jung Ho, never forget.| Twitter: @BLinDRawR
bluzi
Profile Joined May 2011
4703 Posts
November 14 2018 07:56 GMT
#29126
Im game for the next 3.5 league , I just picked up the game and having a blast , but I will be a burden at the start as I will 100% screw up if we play in party as I am non stop alt tabing to read and learn what the hell is going on and what the hell I should do , very in depth game.
Will there be another poll for the new league ? I will 100% check it out , I like the idea of trading inside a small community that I hope won't screw me over as I have 0 knowledge of economy of this game and what is good and what is not good.
Currently I just pick items that my Witch can use and are upgrades if I find a super Rare ( I keep all the uniques) for another class I won't have an idea and just vendor it.
Miragee
Profile Joined December 2009
8709 Posts
November 14 2018 09:13 GMT
#29127
I'm thinking about coming back for the new league. Haven't played in ages... I think the last one I played was when they introduced Act 4. So I have no idea how the new skill tree works, how atlas works, how a 10? act game looks, all the new skills. I think I have to learn the game from stretch...
Alur
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Denmark3900 Posts
November 14 2018 09:49 GMT
#29128
On November 14 2018 16:56 bluzi wrote:
Im game for the next 3.5 league , I just picked up the game and having a blast , but I will be a burden at the start as I will 100% screw up if we play in party as I am non stop alt tabing to read and learn what the hell is going on and what the hell I should do , very in depth game.
Will there be another poll for the new league ? I will 100% check it out , I like the idea of trading inside a small community that I hope won't screw me over as I have 0 knowledge of economy of this game and what is good and what is not good.
Currently I just pick items that my Witch can use and are upgrades if I find a super Rare ( I keep all the uniques) for another class I won't have an idea and just vendor it.

I'm not sure if I'll have a lot of time around 3.5 launch, so someone else might have to take initiative. But if the demand for a private league is there I'm sure someone will make it happen.

I don't think you have to worry about partying, even though it has certain advantages it's still very optional. I would guess that most people play solo most of the time.
AKA No can Dazzle | https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlTpX7z3Pok
TL+ Member
Rhodry
Profile Joined August 2010
Germany104 Posts
November 14 2018 10:17 GMT
#29129
Yes at least at least until there is a revamp of group play there isn't too much party play going on.

I don't think i will start with a private league right away once Betrayal goes live.I prefer a start for the private league 1-2 months in the league.

Did GGG even say that the Betrayal Option for Private League will be available right from the start ?
TL+ Member
-Archangel-
Profile Joined May 2010
Croatia7457 Posts
November 14 2018 10:47 GMT
#29130
That Winter Orb looks interesting. I was thinking doing a Hiero Arc Totems as league start (didn't yet try Hiero since the rework) but I might switch Arc with Winter Orb if its damage will be good enough.
Alur
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Denmark3900 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-11-14 12:59:04
November 14 2018 12:44 GMT
#29131
I removed the answers from people who required a 20+ population, and after that there is a fairly clear consensus around the following league type: [Delve HC Trade] starting this Friday.

I made a new poll where you can submit your specific suggestions for which mods to run and the time for leaguestart. If there is no clear consensus I will throw together something relatively inoffensive, like 3 different monster buffing modifiers and have the league start around 18:00 CET.

Please only vote in this poll if you would actually play a Delve HC Trade league starting this friday (I'm expecting we'll have at least 10 players)

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdri-ALiMCoQaSwJHvhe03aWxFGlJYCe5EjXp9A0m-Ll_dedw/viewform?usp=sf_link

Edit: Added a field to put your PoE accountname, so I can invite people.
AKA No can Dazzle | https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlTpX7z3Pok
TL+ Member
Blitzkrieg0
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States13132 Posts
November 14 2018 13:08 GMT
#29132
On November 14 2018 19:17 Rhodry wrote:
Yes at least at least until there is a revamp of group play there isn't too much party play going on.

I don't think i will start with a private league right away once Betrayal goes live.I prefer a start for the private league 1-2 months in the league.

Did GGG even say that the Betrayal Option for Private League will be available right from the start ?


They said you could shift into the parent league exactly like SSF since no advantage is provided in the private leagues. No reason that won't be available for Betrayal.
I'll always be your shadow and veil your eyes from states of ain soph aur.
HolydaKing
Profile Joined February 2010
21254 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-11-14 14:28:17
November 14 2018 14:26 GMT
#29133
On November 14 2018 18:13 Miragee wrote:
I'm thinking about coming back for the new league. Haven't played in ages... I think the last one I played was when they introduced Act 4. So I have no idea how the new skill tree works, how atlas works, how a 10? act game looks, all the new skills. I think I have to learn the game from stretch...

To be honest you'll be pretty fine for the most part, you'll just need to learn the new stuff (which is A LOT of course), but at least you'll know about how gems, items and maybe even the passive tree works (though you won't know Ascendancies I assume) probably.
Duvon
Profile Joined October 2011
Sweden2360 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-11-14 17:00:30
November 14 2018 16:59 GMT
#29134
I kinda wanna play and my seasonal job runs out on friday, but im busy saturday and most of sunday... vacation before jobhunt would be nice though.


No vending would be interesting. Really upping the small economy aspect.
Nothing is impossible, only some things for some people.
Alur
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Denmark3900 Posts
November 14 2018 17:13 GMT
#29135
You should join! The more the merrier.

AKA No can Dazzle | https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlTpX7z3Pok
TL+ Member
Sn0_Man
Profile Blog Joined October 2012
Tebellong44238 Posts
November 14 2018 18:17 GMT
#29136
man that winter orb skill looks really fun to play.
+ Show Spoiler [thoughts on the private league] +

In no particular order,

What i'm looking for in the private league is really just the small league experience. I'm not explicitly suggesting a no-modifiers league since I understand that that wouldn't be very interesting for the HC and/or SSF players, but for me as a mostly-sc always-trade player, this league is already going to be a significant departure from "normal" poe.

The mods available fall mostly under 2 sets. The "boring difficulty increases" (monster damage/speed/proj/etc) and the "interesting paradigm shifts" (no vendor, no stash, only white items).

Now objectively, PoE has had so much player power creep that some of the "boring" difficulty increase options are well justified (even if i'm likely to just die levelling and quit lol). However, those mods aren't innately terribly interesting so while I don't mind a few of them tacked on, it's hard to say what would be so interesting about any one of them that would make me choose it. Especially in an HC league this close to betrayal stuff, I'm liable to just die and quit until 3.5. I do kinda object to -40 all res just on principal, but i'd probably try the league anyway.

My issue with the interesting ones is basically tied to "what would make me want to play this league". No stash would be a very interesting experience for sure, but not only is that available (imo) in other places like ziz-league, but it's also just not something that I'd want to play very long I don't think. There's just too much shit to pick up and not being able to do so is going to lead to a ton of feelsbad decisions. That said, it's interesting enough that I'm not going to outright refuse it.
No Vendor is interesting because it deeply shifts the economy of the game, but I think in practice it doesn't do it in a positive way. What you end up doing is starving players of Alts/Jews/Fus and maybe chromes (plus you enforce scroll picking up and disincentivize picking up whetsones/scraps/transmutes), and that currency is mostly quality of life rather than power level stuff. Sure, fusings are power level in terms of six links but in general the game is just unpleasant if you can't get enough chromes or can't afford to roll staunching flasks etc. Still, it's a different, interesting thought and again i doubt i'd refuse to play it because it still presents a puzzle to the players to handle the different income.
I think no magic/rare drops is super interesting but it's a pretty heavy penalty for players to play under. I'd die like mad levelling (lol) and I don't know if others are up to it. It's by far the single mod that i'm most interested in, but I think it would probably have to be the only mod (or at most one or two other simple ones) and even then i'm not sure how much people would actually enjoy it. It's kinda like the gucci hobo theory, but far less self-flagellatory.

In terms of start times, I'm NA and get off work at roughly midnight CET. If I wanted to hit league start, I'd like it to start around then but I think that GGG's regular start time works a lot better for most EU people and it's obviously unfair of me to expect the EU crowd to wait until around midnight their time.
LiquidDota StaffSCIENTISTS BAFFLED | 3275929302
Alur
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Denmark3900 Posts
November 14 2018 19:02 GMT
#29137
On November 15 2018 03:17 Sn0_Man wrote:
man that winter orb skill looks really fun to play.
+ Show Spoiler [thoughts on the private league] +

In no particular order,

What i'm looking for in the private league is really just the small league experience. I'm not explicitly suggesting a no-modifiers league since I understand that that wouldn't be very interesting for the HC and/or SSF players, but for me as a mostly-sc always-trade player, this league is already going to be a significant departure from "normal" poe.

The mods available fall mostly under 2 sets. The "boring difficulty increases" (monster damage/speed/proj/etc) and the "interesting paradigm shifts" (no vendor, no stash, only white items).

Now objectively, PoE has had so much player power creep that some of the "boring" difficulty increase options are well justified (even if i'm likely to just die levelling and quit lol). However, those mods aren't innately terribly interesting so while I don't mind a few of them tacked on, it's hard to say what would be so interesting about any one of them that would make me choose it. Especially in an HC league this close to betrayal stuff, I'm liable to just die and quit until 3.5. I do kinda object to -40 all res just on principal, but i'd probably try the league anyway.

My issue with the interesting ones is basically tied to "what would make me want to play this league". No stash would be a very interesting experience for sure, but not only is that available (imo) in other places like ziz-league, but it's also just not something that I'd want to play very long I don't think. There's just too much shit to pick up and not being able to do so is going to lead to a ton of feelsbad decisions. That said, it's interesting enough that I'm not going to outright refuse it.
No Vendor is interesting because it deeply shifts the economy of the game, but I think in practice it doesn't do it in a positive way. What you end up doing is starving players of Alts/Jews/Fus and maybe chromes (plus you enforce scroll picking up and disincentivize picking up whetsones/scraps/transmutes), and that currency is mostly quality of life rather than power level stuff. Sure, fusings are power level in terms of six links but in general the game is just unpleasant if you can't get enough chromes or can't afford to roll staunching flasks etc. Still, it's a different, interesting thought and again i doubt i'd refuse to play it because it still presents a puzzle to the players to handle the different income.
I think no magic/rare drops is super interesting but it's a pretty heavy penalty for players to play under. I'd die like mad levelling (lol) and I don't know if others are up to it. It's by far the single mod that i'm most interested in, but I think it would probably have to be the only mod (or at most one or two other simple ones) and even then i'm not sure how much people would actually enjoy it. It's kinda like the gucci hobo theory, but far less self-flagellatory.

In terms of start times, I'm NA and get off work at roughly midnight CET. If I wanted to hit league start, I'd like it to start around then but I think that GGG's regular start time works a lot better for most EU people and it's obviously unfair of me to expect the EU crowd to wait until around midnight their time.

+ Show Spoiler [Private league stuff] +
Yeah, so far "no magic and rare mods" is the only quirky mod that is not a dealbreaker to any players. So if we wanted to have a paradigm shift, that would be it. Although there's a risk of scaring people off with the QoL harm and slower progression that would follow. I'd be up for trying it though, but if generic difficulty increases yield better retention I'd just go with that.

AKA No can Dazzle | https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlTpX7z3Pok
TL+ Member
Ryndika
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
1489 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-11-14 21:09:42
November 14 2018 21:07 GMT
#29138
I assume levelling would be super weird if u can't just progress thru and u have to pray for alch/transmute drops and for good rolls.

If your goal with league is to just buy fun time before the new league is out, u could prob just go with vanilla stuff and focus on progressing together.
I'd probably be interested in some kinda masochist league but not in league without some sense of direction.
as useful as teasalt
EchelonTee
Profile Joined February 2011
United States5262 Posts
November 14 2018 21:18 GMT
#29139
with delve, the gucci hobo mod isn't too bad. pretty easy to get some quick currency with some delving.

I'd prefer either gucci hobo with no damage mods, or just level 1 damage/difficulty mods (not the -res). Even tho the damage mods are "boring", it still makes you have to play more careful / smart in early game, which I'd like. Another compromise is to just select a few of the hard mods - just monster life, LMP, and haste for example. That way the damage isn't spikier, but still more wild.
aka "neophyte". learn lots. dont judge. laugh for no reason. be nice. seek happiness. -D[9]
Alur
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Denmark3900 Posts
November 14 2018 21:41 GMT
#29140
It doesn't get much more spiky than LMP lol. Someone is gonna suffer a ridiculous shotgun death (not that I'm against it).
AKA No can Dazzle | https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlTpX7z3Pok
TL+ Member
Prev 1 1455 1456 1457 1458 1459 1759 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Monday Night Weeklies
01:00
#66
TKL 2397
RotterdaM839
TaKeTV 329
IndyStarCraft 219
BRAT_OK 102
ZombieGrub61
SteadfastSC51
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
TKL 2397
RotterdaM 839
ByuN 369
IndyStarCraft 219
MaxPax 169
RuFF_SC2 109
BRAT_OK 102
UpATreeSC 63
ZombieGrub61
SteadfastSC 51
MindelVK 13
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 3200
Shuttle 665
Mini 452
EffOrt 371
Mind 77
Dewaltoss 73
910 73
Zeus 66
HiyA 62
hero 59
[ Show more ]
Bale 18
ToSsGirL 18
sorry 17
scan(afreeca) 9
zelot 9
Sacsri 7
Dota 2
qojqva3428
Counter-Strike
fl0m5221
pashabiceps1226
Fnx 644
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3584
Liquid`Hasu198
Other Games
singsing2080
Beastyqt860
ceh9719
mouzStarbuck278
C9.Mang0132
XaKoH 125
QueenE72
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV220
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream27
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• kabyraGe 150
• StrangeGG 38
• Reevou 7
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 4
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV412
Other Games
• imaqtpie693
• Shiphtur370
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
4h 35m
Afreeca Starleague
15h 35m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
16h 35m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 5h
Patches Events
1d 21h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
OSC
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.