• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:25
CEST 20:25
KST 03:25
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup9StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)72Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9286 users

Path of Exile - Page 1458

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 1456 1457 1458 1459 1460 1759 Next
Guild invites: Message any of EvoSenseOfPride, ScionViableORly, neophyteWham, TheTouchOfGOLD in game
OR
post your character name in the thread and ask for an invite
Private league ladder (finished): https://www.pathofexile.com/private-leagues/league/TeamLiquid and friends
Faeny
Profile Joined January 2015
647 Posts
November 15 2018 01:29 GMT
#29141
Well, one thing about syndicate is that it seems like it'll take forever to get a single run at the main stronghold.

The system basically looks like it blends the concepts of talisman + incursion.

Right now it looks as if you need to gather a bunch of intelligence on one of the 4 lower strongholds to run those maps, and running those will allow you to get intelligence on the main stronghold which you'll need to accumulate in order to run that. But, like incursion, you can make choices to alter what you face and what you get. So much depends on how many runs you have to get to get enough intelligence to run the lower strongholds, and how much for the main stronghold. It could get really grindy, quick, especially since the right-side option in the videos we've seen so far all don't grant intelligence, so it feels like choosing manipulation will slow down unlocking. But then there's been options for +5 up to +40 intelligence so maybe manipulation can alter that rate.
SKT hwaiting! RIP TL, TiP
-Archangel-
Profile Joined May 2010
Croatia7457 Posts
November 15 2018 14:36 GMT
#29142
For me any future no stash league is automatic no. I didn't spent all the $ on special tabs to now play without them.

Anything else is doable, although one where you only get white and unique items might be irritating if you are like me and don't enjoy crafting in this game.
Miragee
Profile Joined December 2009
8709 Posts
November 15 2018 20:02 GMT
#29143
On November 14 2018 23:26 HolydaKing wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 14 2018 18:13 Miragee wrote:
I'm thinking about coming back for the new league. Haven't played in ages... I think the last one I played was when they introduced Act 4. So I have no idea how the new skill tree works, how atlas works, how a 10? act game looks, all the new skills. I think I have to learn the game from stretch...

To be honest you'll be pretty fine for the most part, you'll just need to learn the new stuff (which is A LOT of course), but at least you'll know about how gems, items and maybe even the passive tree works (though you won't know Ascendancies I assume) probably.


Not 100 % sure? I think they were part of my last play-through. Are they related to the points you get the in the labyrinth? But yeah I agree, knowing how the passive tree works is a huge bonus compared to really learning it from stretch.
bo1b
Profile Blog Joined August 2012
Australia12814 Posts
November 15 2018 21:36 GMT
#29144
People overstate the difficulty of starting the game fresh. It's really not that hard. Really, past the initial learning curve, the only depth you have to go to is as the depth you want to go to. Something which has been missing for a while.
HolydaKing
Profile Joined February 2010
21254 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-11-15 22:00:15
November 15 2018 21:58 GMT
#29145
On November 16 2018 05:02 Miragee wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 14 2018 23:26 HolydaKing wrote:
On November 14 2018 18:13 Miragee wrote:
I'm thinking about coming back for the new league. Haven't played in ages... I think the last one I played was when they introduced Act 4. So I have no idea how the new skill tree works, how atlas works, how a 10? act game looks, all the new skills. I think I have to learn the game from stretch...

To be honest you'll be pretty fine for the most part, you'll just need to learn the new stuff (which is A LOT of course), but at least you'll know about how gems, items and maybe even the passive tree works (though you won't know Ascendancies I assume) probably.


Not 100 % sure? I think they were part of my last play-through. Are they related to the points you get the in the labyrinth? But yeah I agree, knowing how the passive tree works is a huge bonus compared to really learning it from stretch.

Yes they are. Basically most (experienced) people already choose an Ascendancy class they wanna play and pick the character class accordingly.
Alur
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Denmark3900 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-11-16 17:19:27
November 15 2018 23:25 GMT
#29146
[image loading]

Sign-up and crowdfund link: https://www.pathofexile.com/private-leagues/league/TeamLiquid and friends

Discord: https://discord.gg/AUh8bY

Feel free to share with friends.

ATTENTION:

The league opens immediately after crowdfunding is complete, make sure your donation doesn't start the league. I will pay the last missing amount at the scheduled time. Should the league start prematurely by accident, do not start playing until Saturday 06:00 CET (or be removed).

With that being said, please donate as much as you can towards the goal!

PRIZES:

Dead characters always count towards prizes

- 6 months of TL+ for highest level character at end of league.
- 1 month of TL+ raffled between all players with a lvl 85 or above character.
- 200 GGG Store points - raffled between top 4 players. Rank 1 player gets 4 tickets, Rank 2 player gets 3, etc.
- 50 GGG Store points - raffled between all players with a lvl 85 or above character, 200 point winner not eligible.
- In-game currency on SC Delve (shared between anyone interested with priority to most active players)

MODS:

10% increased Monster Damage
20% increased Monster Speed
20% more Monster Life
Monsters fire 2 additional projectiles

Big thanks to these people for help with prizes:
TheEmulator, Echelontee, Plexa and GGG.
AKA No can Dazzle | https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlTpX7z3Pok
TL+ Member
EchelonTee
Profile Joined February 2011
United States5262 Posts
November 16 2018 04:28 GMT
#29147
for exp / racing, is it better to do full atlas strat, or some sort of shaped maps only thing?
aka "neophyte". learn lots. dont judge. laugh for no reason. be nice. seek happiness. -D[9]
Alur
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Denmark3900 Posts
November 16 2018 09:19 GMT
#29148
You definitely go shaped maps for that. That way you end up only playing good density/ layout maps, and you'll get accustomed to the layouts. I think the usual thing is unlocking all t1-t9 maps, then shaping channel or haunted mansion as your only t10 and underground sea as your only t11. I'm less sure about what the t12+ meta is.

But if you find full atlas much more entertaining it's probably also a better xp strat for you, since you'll be more motivated to play.
AKA No can Dazzle | https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlTpX7z3Pok
TL+ Member
Alur
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Denmark3900 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-11-16 12:56:39
November 16 2018 12:28 GMT
#29149
We just hit the 10 player cap. If more people wan't to join, please let me know asap so we can increase the player cap to 20. We can also increase the cap after league start, but it's more convenient to deal with now.
AKA No can Dazzle | https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlTpX7z3Pok
TL+ Member
Quateras
Profile Joined August 2012
Germany867 Posts
November 16 2018 14:07 GMT
#29150
pretty sick that you found 10 people for HC actually, well done Alur =)
"If you don't know where you are going, you can never get lost."
Sn0_Man
Profile Blog Joined October 2012
Tebellong44238 Posts
November 16 2018 14:24 GMT
#29151
On November 16 2018 23:07 Quateras wrote:
pretty sick that you found 10 people for HC actually, well done Alur =)

I continue to anticipate dying somewhere and rage quitting, especially with 3 damage mods, but i only really plan on playing until artifact releases anyway. I paid for my slot so it shouldn't be a huge issue. There's always the possibility that I survive long enough to keep playing for the whole league.
LiquidDota StaffSCIENTISTS BAFFLED | 3275929302
Alur
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Denmark3900 Posts
November 16 2018 14:58 GMT
#29152
I think the best thing to before starting a HC league, is coming to terms with the fact that you will most likely die. Well, that and using a logout macro.

Maybe think of several builds that you want to try, so you have other things to do post-death.

Also keep in mind that every subsequent character levels faster and smoother due to having more in your stash + people can eventually help with killing the most annoying bosses.
AKA No can Dazzle | https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlTpX7z3Pok
TL+ Member
Deleted User 3420
Profile Blog Joined May 2003
24492 Posts
November 16 2018 15:11 GMT
#29153
On November 16 2018 23:58 Alur wrote:
I think the best thing to before starting a HC league, is coming to terms with the fact that you will most likely die. Well, that and using a logout macro.

Maybe think of several builds that you want to try, so you have other things to do post-death.

Also keep in mind that every subsequent character levels faster and smoother due to having more in your stash + people can eventually help with killing the most annoying bosses.


I 100% disagree. The best thing to do before starting a HC league is putting your eggs all in one basket, and then quitting the league the second you die and having a 24 hour struggle with finding another purpose for your life.
Alur
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Denmark3900 Posts
November 16 2018 18:05 GMT
#29154
I guess this is a "do as I say and not as I do" type situation.

Also: GGG just confirmed that the store points prize is happening. Thanks to EchelonTee for his donation.
AKA No can Dazzle | https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlTpX7z3Pok
TL+ Member
TheEmulator
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
28103 Posts
November 16 2018 18:24 GMT
#29155
I’m in the league for comedic value. I will be the guy dying on act 3 like a moron. Should be a good laugh.
Administrator
Alur
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Denmark3900 Posts
November 16 2018 18:40 GMT
#29156
I mean, a HC league without deaths and their consequent announcements would be super dull. I can easily see myself dying to LMP shenanigans, especially while leveling.
AKA No can Dazzle | https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlTpX7z3Pok
TL+ Member
4mgg
Profile Joined September 2010
Finland373 Posts
November 16 2018 19:39 GMT
#29157
Yeah, leveling is what scares me with the mods to be honest, without much layered defenses etc.

I'll be happy if I manage to kill Kitava within 3 rips.
PL #4 fan
Blitzkrieg0
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States13132 Posts
November 16 2018 20:12 GMT
#29158
On November 17 2018 04:39 4mgg wrote:
Yeah, leveling is what scares me with the mods to be honest, without much layered defenses etc.

I'll be happy if I manage to kill Kitava within 3 rips.


Just take things slowly and pay someone a few chaos to kill it for you. Far cheaper than RIPing
I'll always be your shadow and veil your eyes from states of ain soph aur.
4mgg
Profile Joined September 2010
Finland373 Posts
November 16 2018 20:25 GMT
#29159
On November 17 2018 05:12 Blitzkrieg0 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 17 2018 04:39 4mgg wrote:
Yeah, leveling is what scares me with the mods to be honest, without much layered defenses etc.

I'll be happy if I manage to kill Kitava within 3 rips.


Just take things slowly and pay someone a few chaos to kill it for you. Far cheaper than RIPing


Just saying that cus I haven't played these increased mods before. In normal leagues I usually rip my starter somewhere in t7-t11 maps, but I'm going far safer build this league so we'll see. That said, I wouldn't be horribly upset to die before even reaching maps is all I'm saying.

Quite excited to play a small economy league tbh. See you all online tomorrow

(In-game I go by something with "jsp" in it)
PL #4 fan
Alur
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Denmark3900 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-11-16 21:30:08
November 16 2018 21:22 GMT
#29160
Going to sleep now. I'll complete the crowdfunding 10 minutes before launch, and do a countdown ending at 06:00 CET in-game, then it's game on!

Channels:
In-game global chat: Global 1711
In-game trade chat: Trade 1711

In the unlikely event of me oversleeping, feel free to finish the crowdfunding and start the league at 06:00 CET.

Discord: https://discord.gg/AUh8bY

And it's never too late to join the league at: https://www.pathofexile.com/private-leagues/league/TeamLiquid and friends

I also think it would be cool if people use their regular nickname in their character names for recognizability (4mgg's solution is just fine too).
AKA No can Dazzle | https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlTpX7z3Pok
TL+ Member
Prev 1 1456 1457 1458 1459 1460 1759 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Monday Night Weeklies
01:00
#66
TKL 2397
RotterdaM839
TaKeTV 329
IndyStarCraft 219
BRAT_OK 102
ZombieGrub61
SteadfastSC51
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
TKL 2397
RotterdaM 839
ByuN 369
IndyStarCraft 219
MaxPax 169
RuFF_SC2 109
BRAT_OK 102
UpATreeSC 63
ZombieGrub61
SteadfastSC 51
MindelVK 13
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 3200
Shuttle 665
Mini 452
EffOrt 371
Mind 77
Dewaltoss 73
910 73
Zeus 66
HiyA 62
hero 59
[ Show more ]
Bale 18
ToSsGirL 18
sorry 17
scan(afreeca) 9
zelot 9
Sacsri 7
Dota 2
qojqva3428
Counter-Strike
fl0m5221
pashabiceps1226
Fnx 644
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3584
Liquid`Hasu198
Other Games
singsing2080
Beastyqt860
ceh9719
mouzStarbuck278
C9.Mang0132
XaKoH 125
QueenE72
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV220
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream27
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• kabyraGe 150
• StrangeGG 38
• Reevou 7
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 4
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV412
Other Games
• imaqtpie693
• Shiphtur370
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
4h 35m
Afreeca Starleague
15h 35m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
16h 35m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 5h
Patches Events
1d 21h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
OSC
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.