• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:12
CEST 23:12
KST 06:12
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War335.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
We built a tool to spot smurfs at match start 5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR?
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Making an Online Broodwar Manager Game BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8055 users

Path of Exile - Page 1153

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 1151 1152 1153 1154 1155 1759 Next
Guild invites: Message any of EvoSenseOfPride, ScionViableORly, neophyteWham, TheTouchOfGOLD in game
OR
post your character name in the thread and ask for an invite
Private league ladder (finished): https://www.pathofexile.com/private-leagues/league/TeamLiquid and friends
-Archangel-
Profile Joined May 2010
Croatia7457 Posts
December 11 2016 23:22 GMT
#23041
On December 12 2016 06:51 akatama wrote:
Poison scales off chaos and phys damage. Also would swap Added Chaos for Trap Damage.

I would as well but I am going to be using a Str/Int armor. I will be lucky to get 3 green and 2 blue. So for 2 blue I plan Added Chaos Damage and Concentrated Effect (or increased AoE for clearing maps faster).
Alur
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Denmark3900 Posts
December 12 2016 00:11 GMT
#23042
RIP Breach league, flicker strike actually surprisingly legit and fun skill. But I have too much shit going on to justify making a new character, also dat dota patch.

Any newer players PM me here if you need some currency,
AKA No can Dazzle | https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlTpX7z3Pok
TL+ Member
r.Evo
Profile Joined August 2006
Germany14081 Posts
December 12 2016 05:53 GMT
#23043
rip flicker dream

What ended up getting you? :3
"We don't make mistakes here, we call it happy little accidents." ~Bob Ross
Probemicro
Profile Joined February 2014
3708 Posts
December 12 2016 06:58 GMT
#23044
On December 12 2016 08:22 -Archangel- wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 12 2016 06:51 akatama wrote:
Poison scales off chaos and phys damage. Also would swap Added Chaos for Trap Damage.

I would as well but I am going to be using a Str/Int armor. I will be lucky to get 3 green and 2 blue. So for 2 blue I plan Added Chaos Damage and Concentrated Effect (or increased AoE for clearing maps faster).


Is lightbane even required? 50% of OP double dipping would still be OP. Saves the gem/chroming headache
Alur
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Denmark3900 Posts
December 12 2016 10:25 GMT
#23045
On December 12 2016 14:53 r.Evo wrote:
rip flicker dream

What ended up getting you? :3

It was quite unexpected, rare whipping miscreation in a t9 with poison as the only dmg mod took me to 1% in 1hit (from 7k). I wasnt flickering because im paranoid about the lightning thorns from promenade boss. I know it had sub phys but didn't see its other mods because I logged. Lame death, but it's a great excuse to stop playing.

Stay safe exiles!
AKA No can Dazzle | https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlTpX7z3Pok
TL+ Member
-Archangel-
Profile Joined May 2010
Croatia7457 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-12-12 14:15:43
December 12 2016 13:57 GMT
#23046
On December 12 2016 15:58 Probemicro wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 12 2016 08:22 -Archangel- wrote:
On December 12 2016 06:51 akatama wrote:
Poison scales off chaos and phys damage. Also would swap Added Chaos for Trap Damage.

I would as well but I am going to be using a Str/Int armor. I will be lucky to get 3 green and 2 blue. So for 2 blue I plan Added Chaos Damage and Concentrated Effect (or increased AoE for clearing maps faster).


Is lightbane even required? 50% of OP double dipping would still be OP. Saves the gem/chroming headache

No, I decided to not do the physical to chaos conversion, I am losing out on good damage, mostly because of using crappy items in slots that don't really contribute to this build. This is not like the fire to chaos build where you get two daggers that give 140% spell damage boost and body armor that gives +1 to fire skill and bonus fire damage...

New plan is this passive tree: www.poeurl.com/Vix (not poe planner link: www.poeurl.com/Viy)

I will not be converting to Chaos but using as many Extra Chaos from Physical stuff that I safely can. That means I will be using 3 key unique items. Wand 15% (http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Obliteration), Shield 10% (http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Broken_Faith), Ring 20% (http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Ming%27s_Heart) and 5% from passive tree.
I plan to use 3 unique jewels that each gives 25% chance to poison with trap and passive tree gives 10% more so I think that should be enough.
For body armor I will probably be using Belly of the Beast and Southbound Gloves on glove slot for massive boost to life. Amulet, one ring, belt and helmet will be to max out of evasion, life and resistances. For boots I will try to keep the Trapper boots for long time and use it to have Bear Trap after I 5L my body armor and put Bladefall in it. If later my survivability suffers I will replace it with Atziri's Step unique boots for bonus spell dodge.

I will be using Grace aura and low level Clarity to help with mana issues. For potions Witchfire Brew will be my required unique flask that will be my one curse. Anyone have other suggestions about aura, curse usage?

While leveling I will be using Jaws of Agony Shield and trapper boots to use both BladeFall and Bear Trap with decent links and switch to above items once I can 5L my body armor.

I should be able to reach 5000+ life with this and 40% dodge, 30% spell dodge (without Atziri Step), 50% evasion with flasks up and with Vaal Grace which is my vs boss ability a lot more of those.
With never standing still except to throw a new set of trap I am thinking this should be enough.

Dracolich70
Profile Joined May 2011
Denmark3820 Posts
December 12 2016 14:04 GMT
#23047
Personally I used Deerstalker as a 5L for my main trap on all but one occation I have played Trapper.
LiangHao
-Archangel-
Profile Joined May 2010
Croatia7457 Posts
December 12 2016 14:07 GMT
#23048
On December 12 2016 23:04 Dracolich70 wrote:
Personally I used Deerstalker as a 5L for my main trap on all but one occation I have played Trapper.

It has lvl 11 trap support with 0 quality and no base move speed before you throw first trap
I would not want to use it in end game. And then you can use stuff like Atziri step instead that is just awesome for Acrobatics build.
Dracolich70
Profile Joined May 2011
Denmark3820 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-12-12 14:20:56
December 12 2016 14:11 GMT
#23049
On December 12 2016 23:07 -Archangel- wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 12 2016 23:04 Dracolich70 wrote:
Personally I used Deerstalker as a 5L for my main trap on all but one occation I have played Trapper.

It has lvl 11 trap support with 0 quality and no base move speed before you throw first trap
I would not want to use it in end game. And then you can use stuff like Atziri step instead that is just awesome for Acrobatics build.
It is in relation to not having a 5L and "problems" with colors. You are throwing traps all the time. Throw and move, throw and move.

I think you should do as you want, but you might contemplate remove two points from the Constitution wheel and add them to get Blood Siphon instead. It gives you 5% more life and 20 more str. Not sure the 3 points in Toxins is worth it. It is even debatable when on 100% chance to poison.
LiangHao
-Archangel-
Profile Joined May 2010
Croatia7457 Posts
December 12 2016 14:48 GMT
#23050
On December 12 2016 23:11 Dracolich70 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 12 2016 23:07 -Archangel- wrote:
On December 12 2016 23:04 Dracolich70 wrote:
Personally I used Deerstalker as a 5L for my main trap on all but one occation I have played Trapper.

It has lvl 11 trap support with 0 quality and no base move speed before you throw first trap
I would not want to use it in end game. And then you can use stuff like Atziri step instead that is just awesome for Acrobatics build.
It is in relation to not having a 5L and "problems" with colors. You are throwing traps all the time. Throw and move, throw and move.

I think you should do as you want, but you might contemplate remove two points from the Constitution wheel and add them to get Blood Siphon instead. It gives you 5% more life and 20 more str. Not sure the 3 points in Toxins is worth it. It is even debatable when on 100% chance to poison.

Ah you saw my old tree, I edited the post twice and added new tree Blood Siphon and some small optimizations. I forgot it originally.

3 points in Toxins I think is worth it because I can get 3 jewels and 75% to poison and with those 3 points it is 85%. Also 70% boost to poison damage is kind of big. Don't forget, BladeFall with clustertraps poisons same target many times and 70% boost is worth it in my opinion. With 4 jewels I could remove it, but where to put those 3 points to get a boost to damage? 3 chaos damage nodes?
Dracolich70
Profile Joined May 2011
Denmark3820 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-12-12 16:26:23
December 12 2016 16:26 GMT
#23051
On December 12 2016 23:48 -Archangel- wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 12 2016 23:11 Dracolich70 wrote:
On December 12 2016 23:07 -Archangel- wrote:
On December 12 2016 23:04 Dracolich70 wrote:
Personally I used Deerstalker as a 5L for my main trap on all but one occation I have played Trapper.

It has lvl 11 trap support with 0 quality and no base move speed before you throw first trap
I would not want to use it in end game. And then you can use stuff like Atziri step instead that is just awesome for Acrobatics build.
It is in relation to not having a 5L and "problems" with colors. You are throwing traps all the time. Throw and move, throw and move.

I think you should do as you want, but you might contemplate remove two points from the Constitution wheel and add them to get Blood Siphon instead. It gives you 5% more life and 20 more str. Not sure the 3 points in Toxins is worth it. It is even debatable when on 100% chance to poison.

Ah you saw my old tree, I edited the post twice and added new tree Blood Siphon and some small optimizations. I forgot it originally.

3 points in Toxins I think is worth it because I can get 3 jewels and 75% to poison and with those 3 points it is 85%. Also 70% boost to poison damage is kind of big. Don't forget, BladeFall with clustertraps poisons same target many times and 70% boost is worth it in my opinion. With 4 jewels I could remove it, but where to put those 3 points to get a boost to damage? 3 chaos damage nodes?
Ah, okay.

I would possibly go Growth and Decay for double dipping 52% on DoT, and you receive a bonus with 1% life regen for a total of 4 points.
LiangHao
Sn0_Man
Profile Blog Joined October 2012
Tebellong44238 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-12-12 16:32:49
December 12 2016 16:28 GMT
#23052
DoT-only damage increases *cannot* double dip

The term double dipping refers to modifiers that scale BOTH a hit AND a resulting DoT that is already based on the hit.
LiquidDota StaffSCIENTISTS BAFFLED | 3275929302
-Archangel-
Profile Joined May 2010
Croatia7457 Posts
December 12 2016 17:44 GMT
#23053
On December 13 2016 01:28 Sn0_Man wrote:
DoT-only damage increases *cannot* double dip

The term double dipping refers to modifiers that scale BOTH a hit AND a resulting DoT that is already based on the hit.

Yes, it is why I would probably go Chaos Damage boost instead :D
Especially since I plan to link my Bear Trap with Trap Damage, Added Chaos damage and Void Manipulation (could not come up with any other useful supports :D)
Dracolich70
Profile Joined May 2011
Denmark3820 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-12-12 17:51:02
December 12 2016 17:49 GMT
#23054
Yeah, that is correct, Sn0_Man.
LiangHao
PunitiveDamages
Profile Joined June 2009
United States131 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-12-12 17:53:52
December 12 2016 17:51 GMT
#23055
On December 12 2016 22:57 -Archangel- wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 12 2016 15:58 Probemicro wrote:
On December 12 2016 08:22 -Archangel- wrote:
On December 12 2016 06:51 akatama wrote:
Poison scales off chaos and phys damage. Also would swap Added Chaos for Trap Damage.

I would as well but I am going to be using a Str/Int armor. I will be lucky to get 3 green and 2 blue. So for 2 blue I plan Added Chaos Damage and Concentrated Effect (or increased AoE for clearing maps faster).


Is lightbane even required? 50% of OP double dipping would still be OP. Saves the gem/chroming headache

No, I decided to not do the physical to chaos conversion, I am losing out on good damage, mostly because of using crappy items in slots that don't really contribute to this build. This is not like the fire to chaos build where you get two daggers that give 140% spell damage boost and body armor that gives +1 to fire skill and bonus fire damage...

New plan is this passive tree: www.poeurl.com/Vix (not poe planner link: www.poeurl.com/Viy)

I will not be converting to Chaos but using as many Extra Chaos from Physical stuff that I safely can. That means I will be using 3 key unique items. Wand 15% (http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Obliteration), Shield 10% (http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Broken_Faith), Ring 20% (http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Ming%27s_Heart) and 5% from passive tree.
I plan to use 3 unique jewels that each gives 25% chance to poison with trap and passive tree gives 10% more so I think that should be enough.
For body armor I will probably be using Belly of the Beast and Southbound Gloves on glove slot for massive boost to life. Amulet, one ring, belt and helmet will be to max out of evasion, life and resistances. For boots I will try to keep the Trapper boots for long time and use it to have Bear Trap after I 5L my body armor and put Bladefall in it. If later my survivability suffers I will replace it with Atziri's Step unique boots for bonus spell dodge.

I will be using Grace aura and low level Clarity to help with mana issues. For potions Witchfire Brew will be my required unique flask that will be my one curse. Anyone have other suggestions about aura, curse usage?

While leveling I will be using Jaws of Agony Shield and trapper boots to use both BladeFall and Bear Trap with decent links and switch to above items once I can 5L my body armor.

I should be able to reach 5000+ life with this and 40% dodge, 30% spell dodge (without Atziri Step), 50% evasion with flasks up and with Vaal Grace which is my vs boss ability a lot more of those.
With never standing still except to throw a new set of trap I am thinking this should be enough.



If you go acro and run that shield you are missing out on a lot of defenses (and damage!) You didn't take any block nodes, so you'll have 0% to block. The shield has no other defenses on it, and you'll not be proccing unholy might. Jaws of agony might straight up be better, even if it isn't that defensive it at least has life.

You may want to consider running a hairtrigger jewel instead of just coated shrapnel. Trigger radius increase for bear traps is a huge QoL upgrade and its nice on the bladefalls too.

I'm running a 100% phys->fire crit ignite bladefall trap and beartrapper this league (xoph's nuture + signal fire), and I cannot overstate how much you are going to want serious defenses for the breaches. Bladefall traps on breaches are not the most effective build even WITH proliferation effects
BW forever
bo1b
Profile Blog Joined August 2012
Australia12814 Posts
December 12 2016 22:36 GMT
#23056
Something I'm interested in:

Poll: Chaos/Regal Recipe?

Not at all (6)
 
35%

Mixture of both (5)
 
29%

Id'd only (4)
 
24%

Unid only (2)
 
12%

17 total votes

Your vote: Chaos/Regal Recipe?

(Vote): Unid only
(Vote): Id'd only
(Vote): Mixture of both
(Vote): Not at all


Blitzkrieg0
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States13132 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-12-12 22:47:16
December 12 2016 22:46 GMT
#23057
Depends on the timing of the league. At the very start of the league you want to ID everything, because your jewelry items are very likely to yield more than a chaos. Personally never unid regal, but once you get past a certain point in the league you can unid chaos things less than 72 item level (assuming you're actually still finding such items). Maybe unid regal with garbage bases, but unlikely to devote that much effort.
I'll always be your shadow and veil your eyes from states of ain soph aur.
Sn0_Man
Profile Blog Joined October 2012
Tebellong44238 Posts
December 12 2016 22:47 GMT
#23058
I used to do ID version. These days I do unid when I bother. If i'm going to do it, gimme the double value. Otherwise I'm not wasting time.
LiquidDota StaffSCIENTISTS BAFFLED | 3275929302
Dracolich70
Profile Joined May 2011
Denmark3820 Posts
December 13 2016 00:29 GMT
#23059
I use the unid version, and keep Q pieces for 3c/3r, and have done so for over a year. I alc jewelries, or now essence them, if they are shit, which they likely are, I throw them into a singular chaos/regal tab, but I don't spend too much time with that, though.

I do this because I play a lot of builds throughout a league - typically 6-9, so I need the chaos, to buy stuff I need, as this is not a very effective way of playing.
LiangHao
-Archangel-
Profile Joined May 2010
Croatia7457 Posts
December 13 2016 00:39 GMT
#23060
On December 13 2016 09:29 Dracolich70 wrote:
I use the unid version, and keep Q pieces for 3c/3r, and have done so for over a year. I alc jewelries, or now essence them, if they are shit, which they likely are, I throw them into a singular chaos/regal tab, but I don't spend too much time with that, though.

I do this because I play a lot of builds throughout a league - typically 6-9, so I need the chaos, to buy stuff I need, as this is not a very effective way of playing.

I am similar. I don't farm end game content with any of my character and I don't sell anything (don't even know how to sell over poe.trade) as I don't have premium tabs and cba to install and use that extra program.

So I just do Unid and Q Unit recipe and use chaos to buy everything. I don't ever bother to identify any jewelry because chance for them being exactly what I need are slim to none. But through poe.trade I can usually buy exactly ones I need with values I need (and even have S or P open for crafting I want).
On good days I can get 20c/r from recipe alone
Prev 1 1151 1152 1153 1154 1155 1759 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 48m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 553
ProTech135
UpATreeSC 102
Nina 60
NeuroSwarm 21
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 14698
910 73
soO 45
NaDa 12
Dota 2
monkeys_forever210
canceldota96
League of Legends
Doublelift2436
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4251
Other Games
summit1g2685
fl0m1366
olofmeister879
FrodaN851
Liquid`Hasu330
C9.Mang0214
Livibee186
ToD89
PPMD21
Organizations
StarCraft 2
angryscii 22
[ Show 22 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 50
• poizon28 21
• Adnapsc2 12
• musti20045 9
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 58
• FirePhoenix9
• Michael_bg 4
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21291
• WagamamaTV523
League of Legends
• Scarra686
Other Games
• imaqtpie1012
• Shiphtur659
• tFFMrPink 14
Upcoming Events
OSC
1h 48m
Big Brain Bouts
12h 48m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
19h 48m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
21h 48m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 12h
Patches Events
1d 17h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 21h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 21h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-08
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.