• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:59
CEST 04:59
KST 11:59
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)25Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder BW General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7732 users

Ultra Street Fighter IV - Page 490

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 488 489 490 491 492 668 Next
Check out the new Street Fighter V Thread
Firkraag8
Profile Joined August 2010
Sweden1006 Posts
February 19 2015 10:10 GMT
#9781
Can't DS4 be connected via USB? Then it would be no problem. Or does it just charge but still go via bluetooth?
Too weird to live, too rare to die.
wongfeihung
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States763 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-02-24 19:03:13
February 24 2015 18:59 GMT
#9782
Looks like Charlie is in Omega Mode by default.



Oh, and here's the link which also gives some beta details.
http://www.capcom-unity.com/combofiend/blog/2015/02/24/announcing-the-return-of-nash-and-the-street-fighter-v-online-beta-program

The second piece of news is perhaps the most exciting of all. Also announced today, we will be performing the largest and most ambitious online beta program in franchise history with Street Fighter V on PS4 and PC! These tests will be essential to collect your feedback and to ensure that Street Fighter V is the best iteration yet. In North America, players who pre-order the game will automatically be enrolled into the beta program.
sung_moon
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States10110 Posts
February 24 2015 19:08 GMT
#9783
I guess the operation was a success???

Reminds me of Wesker with a sprinkle of Rugal.
Forever Young
Aylear
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Norway3988 Posts
February 24 2015 19:16 GMT
#9784
Argh, I swear it looks so freaking slow. Please don't be SFxT2.
TL+ Member
Duka08
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
3391 Posts
February 24 2015 20:28 GMT
#9785
I love that they've added a bit more life to the art style. More brightness, saturation. Looks more like street fighter.

Still reserved about how slow/heavy the gameplay looks. Will reserve judgment until I actually play it or we see more footage, but yeah it looks VERY SFxT-ish, even worse I'd say. So much unnecessary hit stun and combos seem to be very chain-based at a glance.
Capped
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom7236 Posts
February 24 2015 20:40 GMT
#9786
SF4 is slow enough as it is XD
Useless wet fish.
KtJ
Profile Joined October 2014
United States3514 Posts
February 24 2015 21:55 GMT
#9787
Hyped for charlie but its sooo slooow.
"I thought I destroyed my CC but it seemed like the only thing I destroyed was Idra's mentality."
Kingkosi
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
United States1215 Posts
February 25 2015 04:01 GMT
#9788
The game speed will change people so relax haha If the leak is correct the game will come out March of next year so I'm sure the game will look so much better. I'm really stoked I think the cast will be great. Will be getting this on PC for sure. Charlie Nash <3

Alex reveal Is going to break the Internet. Calling it now!
Twitter: @KingKosi
GranDGranT
Profile Joined April 2011
Sri Lanka2141 Posts
February 25 2015 05:34 GMT
#9789
Mike Ross is the greatest thing ever
All Dota 2 casters are bad at their job
Aylear
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Norway3988 Posts
February 25 2015 11:24 GMT
#9790
On February 25 2015 13:01 Kingkosi wrote:
The game speed will change people so relax haha If the leak is correct the game will come out March of next year so I'm sure the game will look so much better. I'm really stoked I think the cast will be great. Will be getting this on PC for sure. Charlie Nash <3

Alex reveal Is going to break the Internet. Calling it now!


Like 5+ years ago I would have agreed with you, but nowadays alpha/early beta gameplay of the kind you see in these videos is almost always indicative of the final product. When I see stuff like this I always expect it to pretty much come out looking and feeling like that.

Adding assets, balancing mechanics, better GUI and menus -- sure. Basic game mechanics and speed -- no. I can't remember the last time that happened in a major studio release.
TL+ Member
Flicky
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
England2675 Posts
February 25 2015 12:12 GMT
#9791
On February 25 2015 20:24 Aylear wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 25 2015 13:01 Kingkosi wrote:
The game speed will change people so relax haha If the leak is correct the game will come out March of next year so I'm sure the game will look so much better. I'm really stoked I think the cast will be great. Will be getting this on PC for sure. Charlie Nash <3

Alex reveal Is going to break the Internet. Calling it now!


Like 5+ years ago I would have agreed with you, but nowadays alpha/early beta gameplay of the kind you see in these videos is almost always indicative of the final product. When I see stuff like this I always expect it to pretty much come out looking and feeling like that.

Adding assets, balancing mechanics, better GUI and menus -- sure. Basic game mechanics and speed -- no. I can't remember the last time that happened in a major studio release.


Generally really true, unless they're really exaggerating the hitstun for the trailers, that's what you're going to get.
Liquipedia"I was seriously looking for a black guy" - MrHoon
porkRaven
Profile Joined December 2010
United States953 Posts
February 25 2015 13:06 GMT
#9792
Look at the speed on this one:


Isn't this slower than it is now? The hitstun/blockstun looks longer than it is now. I don't see why they couldn't just tweak the frame data to be faster than it is now. It also might not feel so bad playing which is how I feel about SFIV.

I suppose I will have to preorder it and try it out. Does anyone know if brick and mortar stores will have the preorder code or do I have to put all my money up front on steam?
SHOUTOUTS TO Aylear!!!
Kingkosi
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
United States1215 Posts
February 25 2015 21:07 GMT
#9793
Quick and good analysis of Charlie here:

Twitter: @KingKosi
shin ken
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Germany614 Posts
March 11 2015 12:26 GMT
#9794
When's the time to give up?

I'm currently trying to get into SF4 (PC Version) and I'm sitting at 300 ranked losses in a row. Out of these games I've won one single round (which was against someone who played like a bot).
I'm currently thinking about putting in another 300 games or do something less humiliating, esp. considering it's harder and harder to actually get games going because by now most regular players in my vincinity recognize my name and just drop me.

Can you estimate how many games it takes to start to even compete in this game? Is it normal to see no land in the first couple hundred matches?
St3MoR
Profile Joined November 2002
Spain3256 Posts
March 11 2015 13:00 GMT
#9795
yeah it's normal, learning curve is steep on its own + the game has been out for so long it's hard to find people who just started, the games needed to see some result may vary depending on how much time and effort you put into it and the character you choose as main (as in there are harded characters, regardless of tier lists)
Prophet in TL of the Makoto0124 ways
Osmoses
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Sweden5302 Posts
March 11 2015 13:01 GMT
#9796
I know the feeling, if the next street fighter does not have automated matchmaking I'm done :p
Excuse me hun, but what is your name? Vivian? I woke up next to you naked and, uh, did we, um?
Duka08
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
3391 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-03-11 16:55:38
March 11 2015 16:54 GMT
#9797
On March 11 2015 21:26 shin ken wrote:
When's the time to give up?

I'm currently trying to get into SF4 (PC Version) and I'm sitting at 300 ranked losses in a row. Out of these games I've won one single round (which was against someone who played like a bot).
I'm currently thinking about putting in another 300 games or do something less humiliating, esp. considering it's harder and harder to actually get games going because by now most regular players in my vincinity recognize my name and just drop me.

Can you estimate how many games it takes to start to even compete in this game? Is it normal to see no land in the first couple hundred matches?

How are you finding players? Are you consistently matching up against people that have similar points? Idk about EU but in NA I can find a good number of people with <500 PP. And also you could create your own endless room with the right title and wait for someone that has low PP. There's still plenty of newer blood out there.

Also what character are you playing? It's not uncommon for new players to do better with a solid beginner character they might hate (Ryu, Guile, etc) but lose a ton with a more difficult character they LOVE. Was like this for me at least.

If you've lost this many games in a row there's got to be bad habits and decisions you could easily re-learn if you knew what they were. Can't say without seeing your games ourselves, but have you put some time into tutorials such as VesperArcade's tutorial or other character-specific guides?

Share your character preferences (and, if you can, maybe some recorded matches) and I'm sure many here could lend some help. Learning this game by just picking it up and jumping online without any prep or tactical knowledge from prior research could easily be one of the most frustrating gaming experiences one could ever have.
shin ken
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Germany614 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-03-11 19:12:05
March 11 2015 19:03 GMT
#9798
I just hit the quick match button and get ranked against A+ to C players. Some matches matches against C players were actually entertaining, in a sense that I could do something - against better players I'm stunned 90% of the time (at least that's what it feels like).
Are there beginner lobbys in the PC version in europe?

I've chosen Cody. I looked at this Page with special move inputs, and Cody was one of the characters without any weird z-motion inputs or charge moves. I thought I start with only quarter circle motions because they are easy to do on a keyboard. I also kinda like the style, speed and moves.

My biggest problems so far are combos und buttons.

I tried the combos in trial mode and no matter how fast I do the input or spam the buttons, they don't work, so I'm playing without them thus far.

Also I have problems with the concept of 6 different attack buttons. Combined with with forward, back or neutral motions that's a multitude of options and most of the time don't know when to use what at a given time. So far I'm mostly ignoring the heavy buttons, because they seem easily punishable and 4 buttons are easier to stomach because you can have your fingers on them all the time.

Buttons are what I hope to get solved by getting experience through playing a lot and then move forward to the more "advanced" techinques, because I also have to figure out when to use throws, the break move and "EX" special moves.
I already got a bit better using buttons over the time (at least I think I do), so there's some progress ^^.
The ultra and super special moves are also hard to apply, because they seem to be easily predicted.
Duka08
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
3391 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-03-11 20:48:35
March 11 2015 20:38 GMT
#9799
Ok great! Lots to talk about here.

When playing ranked, do Custom Match. That way you can set the range to "Same Skilled" and you get to choose opponents with better connections too. Try it out, it should make sense when you see the menu! Quick Match is rough because you never know who you're going to get, nor how good the connection is. Custom Match all the way! Choose good connections and better chance of other new players when you're set to Same Skill.

Cody is a fine enough beginner character. Good normals, amazing antiair, a projectile, and a pretty good wakeup/reversal in EX Criminal Upper. One important thing for newer players to remember is you should focus on fundamentals (blocking and safe pokes) before you worry about combos. Cody is definitely a character you can win with without using crazy combos. I'm no Cody expert, and I'm sure a few other TL members will pitch in too, but as a beginner you should become friends with the following buttons:

st.MK - Great mid-range tool. Get used to the range and poke them with the tip of the foot, not up close.

st.HK - Similar to above, good for using not up close but just for poking them with the boot. Especially good against bigger slower chars like Zangief and other grapplers.

back.MP - AMAZING anti-air. This should ALWAYS be on your mind in the neutral game. Get used to reacting when people jump at you and just back+MP. You'll get used to it fast. It's fantastic. Anti-airing is CRUCIAL for newer players; stopping people from jumping like crazy will win you so many games all by itself at low levels.

cr.LK - Fast low poke with good range for a light kick. Good to use (chain) up close for a bit of safe damage. Also starts a few basic combos but again, don't even have to worry about that right away.

These are some of Cody's best tools in the neutral game. Just go into training mode and play with each of these buttons for a while. Or go into arcade mode on a lower difficulty and try winning by ONLY using the above buttons (or even only 1 or 2 of them!). It's a good way to get used to the range and utility of each, but also the muscle memory of which to go to (and reacting with b.MP when they're jumping at you). As long as you aren't using the slower normals/specials right at point blank you should stay very safe.

Defense! Get comfortable with blocking! Don't just toss out specials or ultras randomly because they leave you very exposed! If you're getting mauled and want to get someone away from you (like when waking up) you can use EX Criminal Upper. But that doesn't mean to just throw it out there. Only if someone's really beating you up or throwing you a lot when you're getting up from a knockdown. Blocking is key for all levels of gameplay.

After knowing the right buttons to practice, the next big thing (perhaps the MOST important thing) to learning to punish. Any time someone does something that seems unsafe, like when you block a dragon punch or other move that leaves them open, you should have a quick and easy PUNISH ready to get free damage on them. Good easy examples with Cody are cr.LK into HP Criminal Upper or cr.MP into HP Criminal Upper. Very quick, easy damage if your opponent does something that leaves them open. Check out this video from 0:16 to 0:25 if it helps. Go into training mode, set a dummy to just walk up and DP, then practice blocking it and doing a quick punish until it feels natural. Muscle memory.

Lastly, low priority, but combos in this game are not what you expect. The timing is precise, and just takes some getting used to. If a combo involves doing LK LP MP or something it doesn't mean press those quickly and they'll magically pop out one after the other. You need to press the next button when the previous move is finished. Known as "linking". Check out this part of VesperArcade's tutorial I mentioned in the last post if you're interested. Again, I'd personally say get into this once you're more comfortable with the basics like movement, DEFENSE/BLOCKING, good buttons, punishing, etc. Some might say otherwise. You can play this game at many levels without doing any big combos. Not saying that's typical of course, but it's possible, just because fundamentals are so much more important.



If anyone actually plays Cody please add more and call out anything I messed up because that's fairly likely lol
Excalibur_Z
Profile Joined October 2002
United States12257 Posts
March 11 2015 21:15 GMT
#9800
Cody has good normals but I think he's strongest when you have a grasp of frame data knowledge because he has so many frame traps (attacks which, when blocked, leave you at an advantage over your opponent so if they hit their fastest move and you hit your fastest move, yours will come out first). His focus attack is also one of the best in the game. I feel like Cody's specials are pretty weak overall though. Ruffian Kick is pretty bad, Criminal Upper is good only in combos, Zonk requires charging and is only really good as an EX reversal. Even his Super isn't especially great. I guess that's probably fine overall because mastering normals is essential to playing effectively at every level, and Cody excels in the normals department.

Cody's best punish is close HP xx HP Criminal (260 damage) or close HP, cr.MP xx HP Criminal if you can link (304 damage, I think it's a 2f window and therefore pretty lenient), both do a ton of damage. The real fancy one once you get really good is cl.HP cl.MP cr.HP xx HP Criminal for 376 damage, meterless(!!)
Moderator
Prev 1 488 489 490 491 492 668 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 7h 1m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 202
Nina 127
SpeCial 15
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 15411
Rain 2122
Dewaltoss 51
Bale 36
NaDa 31
Noble 9
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm193
Counter-Strike
taco 631
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox1598
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1353
WinterStarcraft589
Other Games
summit1g8971
Doublelift3077
JimRising 639
PiGStarcraft362
ArmadaUGS238
C9.Mang0203
Maynarde148
ViBE108
ZombieGrub18
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick843
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream124
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 105
• practicex 4
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki199
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo762
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
7h 1m
OSC
10h 1m
Stellar Fest
10h 1m
OSC
21h 1m
Stellar Fest
1d 10h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.