• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 03:25
CEST 09:25
KST 16:25
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror3[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8514 users

Ultra Street Fighter IV - Page 471

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 469 470 471 472 473 668 Next
Check out the new Street Fighter V Thread
Aylear
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Norway3988 Posts
November 11 2014 21:01 GMT
#9401
On November 12 2014 05:44 FakeSteve[TPR] wrote:
Ahhh, watching my match with Lap, I see the holes

I've beaten Lap before, but if I had this weekend, fchamp prolly woulda made top 8 haha

Would you guys be interested in a breakdown of that match? or the loss and win vs that dudley?

I definitely would. For starters, I was wondering if the weak punishes on your part were nerves or simply because Blanka. I really don't know that matchup at all.

A breakdown would be interesting, certainly.
TL+ Member
FakeSteve[TPR]
Profile Blog Joined July 2003
Valhalla18444 Posts
November 11 2014 22:10 GMT
#9402
Sakura does not have a punish for horizontal balls
Moderatormy tatsu loops r fuckin nice
FakeSteve[TPR]
Profile Blog Joined July 2003
Valhalla18444 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-11-11 23:24:36
November 11 2014 23:23 GMT
#9403
THe one big punish I missed on one of Lap's whiffed upballs was because I was walking toward him for the punish and ended up on the wrong side got close fp into nothing instead of close fp into lk tatsu

right after that happened i cracked for a sec and jumped, and he did another upball T_T

The lvl 3 focus, I decided to backdash at the last second and flubbed the input. I coulda done any number of other things, I chose a poor option and executed it poorly
Moderatormy tatsu loops r fuckin nice
Qatol
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
United States3165 Posts
November 12 2014 00:05 GMT
#9404
On November 12 2014 05:44 FakeSteve[TPR] wrote:
Ahhh, watching my match with Lap, I see the holes

I've beaten Lap before, but if I had this weekend, fchamp prolly woulda made top 8 haha

Would you guys be interested in a breakdown of that match? or the loss and win vs that dudley?

Am I mistaken, or did you beat Gootecks in pools between the two Mr. President matches? I think you were in the same pool (he and Mr. President lost to the same person in winners). If so, could you tell us how that match went?
Uff Da
Trumpet
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States1936 Posts
November 12 2014 00:46 GMT
#9405
On November 12 2014 05:44 FakeSteve[TPR] wrote:
Ahhh, watching my match with Lap, I see the holes

I've beaten Lap before, but if I had this weekend, fchamp prolly woulda made top 8 haha

Would you guys be interested in a breakdown of that match? or the loss and win vs that dudley?


DO IT!! Players explaining what they did / why makes matches so much better :D
FakeSteve[TPR]
Profile Blog Joined July 2003
Valhalla18444 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-11-12 01:20:59
November 12 2014 01:19 GMT
#9406
On November 12 2014 09:05 Qatol wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 12 2014 05:44 FakeSteve[TPR] wrote:
Ahhh, watching my match with Lap, I see the holes

I've beaten Lap before, but if I had this weekend, fchamp prolly woulda made top 8 haha

Would you guys be interested in a breakdown of that match? or the loss and win vs that dudley?

Am I mistaken, or did you beat Gootecks in pools between the two Mr. President matches? I think you were in the same pool (he and Mr. President lost to the same person in winners). If so, could you tell us how that match went?

I didn't play Gootecks. I destroyed both of the people he lost to, though, and he didn't wanna MM me

actually who put him in loser's? Pepeday? I didnt destroy pepeday just fyi xD
Moderatormy tatsu loops r fuckin nice
SCC-Faust
Profile Blog Joined November 2007
United States3736 Posts
November 12 2014 19:02 GMT
#9407
I need some practice partners on steam. My girlfriend has been playing fighting games all her life and there is this small tournament she plays every Friday and almost always wins and I got the game recently and have been only playing for one week and I'm going to enter next Friday and try to see how far I can get. It is usually a double elimination 8 person tourney.

I play Rolento and need some teaches of peachez.

Steam profile: http://www.steamcommunity.com/id/muteyP

Lots of help and practice may get you 23 cents in dogecoin........
I want to fuck Soulkey with a Zelderan.
Boonbag
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
France3318 Posts
November 12 2014 19:29 GMT
#9408
On November 12 2014 10:19 FakeSteve[TPR] wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 12 2014 09:05 Qatol wrote:
On November 12 2014 05:44 FakeSteve[TPR] wrote:
Ahhh, watching my match with Lap, I see the holes

I've beaten Lap before, but if I had this weekend, fchamp prolly woulda made top 8 haha

Would you guys be interested in a breakdown of that match? or the loss and win vs that dudley?

Am I mistaken, or did you beat Gootecks in pools between the two Mr. President matches? I think you were in the same pool (he and Mr. President lost to the same person in winners). If so, could you tell us how that match went?

I didn't play Gootecks. I destroyed both of the people he lost to, though, and he didn't wanna MM me

actually who put him in loser's? Pepeday? I didnt destroy pepeday just fyi xD


lol like u'd destroy anybody at any game what
Qatol
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
United States3165 Posts
November 13 2014 05:50 GMT
#9409
On November 12 2014 10:19 FakeSteve[TPR] wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 12 2014 09:05 Qatol wrote:
On November 12 2014 05:44 FakeSteve[TPR] wrote:
Ahhh, watching my match with Lap, I see the holes

I've beaten Lap before, but if I had this weekend, fchamp prolly woulda made top 8 haha

Would you guys be interested in a breakdown of that match? or the loss and win vs that dudley?

Am I mistaken, or did you beat Gootecks in pools between the two Mr. President matches? I think you were in the same pool (he and Mr. President lost to the same person in winners). If so, could you tell us how that match went?

I didn't play Gootecks. I destroyed both of the people he lost to, though, and he didn't wanna MM me

actually who put him in loser's? Pepeday? I didnt destroy pepeday just fyi xD

Yeah I think the stream showed you vs. Mr. President #1, then Pepeday vs. Gootecks, then Pepeday vs. Mr. President, and then you vs. Mr. President #2, hence the question.
Uff Da
FakeSteve[TPR]
Profile Blog Joined July 2003
Valhalla18444 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-11-18 08:43:34
November 18 2014 08:37 GMT
#9410
Okay... http://www.twitch.tv/canadacup/b/586623641

Loss vs MrPresident Dudley @ 10:20:45


This one is pretty ugly. The absolute first thing I do when the match begins is throw a fireball. That's suuuuuuper disrespectful upon reflection. I get caught clowning around at halfscreen a couple times really early, and then i'm near the corner. I am playing like a complete dickhead at this point. I die really fast in the corner. During this time I'm thinking about how lp machine gun blow is -4, how come he just do it mang, fuckin' Calgarian buddies in the crowd hyping up this Calgarian guy I've never met! (Calgary and Edmonton are 280km or 175m apart and both scenes travel between for tourneys. I fuckin' love those guys, but I'm from Edmonton and Calgary sucks!) This is the #1 worst thing to do in fighting game tournaments. It's the same shit as 'tilting' in poker. Instead of paying attention to what I'm getting hit by I'm thinking about how Calgary is the Shelbyville of Alberta, or something, I don't recall xD. It ends up with me fucking up a really simple confirm as I hammer out a c.lk and interrupt something. I just hit mk way the fuck too early and get a chained c.lk instead, and then the buffered dp comes out afterwards. Donkey stuff.

The next round I continue to get tagged by a lot of errant normals and specials, and I continue try to interrupt with jabs and shit. That's actually a really bad plan against Dudley because all of his normals are +2 to +6 on hit, as is machine gun blow (lp +2, mp +1). I resolve to settle down.

I start thinking that he's been nothing but aggressive the entire time, so I decide to stand my ground with c.mk. He dashes into it once, but I hadn't buffered dp. He whiffs a c.mk and I punish into the combo. The one thing I practiced before Canada Cup was fp shou FADC cl.fp, and I got it pretty consistantly during this tournament. This match I dropped a lot of stuff because I wasn't playing smart and became flustered.

The mixup I tried to do off the FADC combo is pretty gross, but I was too far from the corner for it to work, so there was no mixup. It was a stupid time to use it too, against a player I felt like I could beat, on a big screen in front of everyone I might have to play afterwards. Some things you should sit on until you absolutely need something, even if it'll only work once. Sakura has a bunch, I'm not gonna lie. I don't need it against this guy, but I was spooked. I was sad when we both just landed all proper-like in the corner, no tricks . I was thinking at the time that I badly needed the momentum that setup would have given me. After the lk tatsu I try to walk forward a tiny bit for close fp and I pay for it. He does s.hk xx ex duck, which gives him a combo follow up on hit, and is -2 on block. It's a pretty good option, he gets rewarded with a lot of damage for something that's relatively safe on block, and s.hk is just 4f startup. I didn't know this at the time, I figured whatever he did must have been punishable if it didn't work and I'm like ARE U SRRRRSSS BROOOOOO in my head. After seeing the damage I became increasingly flustered, and I dropped the combo I had actually practiced... lol. He does another poke buffered into machine gun blow which is the saddest thing to die to.

For the rest of the set I just mainly fail to recover my composure, and the match goes predictably. I don't really do anything of note in this match. Overall it's just a good example of what happens when you don't stay composed during a match. It's really, really important. Street Fighter is an emotional game. When you're playing it's very easy sometimes to be stubborn or aggressive when things don't go according to plan. That's pretty much what happened here.

This is the one I didn't wanna write, but it was the first match, so I have to write it first I guess. Now that it's here I can do the others np xD

The positive out of this match was that it woke me up, so to speak. I had been playing pretty good until that point, it was winner's semi in the pool, but I hadn't really been under duress during my previous matches. I was pretty much just cruising going into the fight, afterwards it was like a bucket of cold water in the face. I just kinda smiled and went "Well then!", had a cigarette, and tried to remember every specific thing that happened. I'm really good at losing that emotional attachment to the match once it's finished, and then I can just examine the aftermath. I just told myself to stop playing like a donkey, and that I can be disciplined enough to stay focused. The matches I played in loser's were against some of Calgary's better players (not like street11 good), and they were both 4 rounds straight.

I'll post the next one tomorrow or something, i dunno i'm fucking lazy. the runback vs president duddles!


the dudley player's name is Neil, he just started showing up to locals in Calgary about 2 months ago. Nobody told me anything about him lol, except that he was an 'online player, tee hee'. they were giggling right before I fought him. THEY WERE LESS PLEASED LATER ON MUHAHAHAHAHAHA

Neil is a rad fucking dude by the way, one of the most positive people I have ever met. I was all ready to hate that guy after all the confusing troll build-up and subsequent bodybag presented to my Sakura, but then I talked to him for 5 seconds and I just couldn't. We ended up playing a lot that day after pools were done. He does, in fact, play a fuckload of online street fighter xD
Moderatormy tatsu loops r fuckin nice
Aylear
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Norway3988 Posts
November 18 2014 12:00 GMT
#9411
Lovely! Thanks for the writeup. Pretty much everyone in competitive anything has a story about tilting, where they suddenly start emotionally thinking about something other than the game. Josh Waitzkin, chess master and author of The Art of Learning, talks about this stuff as something you will do before you teach yourself not to. He lost games because he got cocky in a winning position and started thinking about the after-party he was going to with this girl. =)

Loved the analysis though.
TL+ Member
Osmoses
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Sweden5302 Posts
November 18 2014 12:15 GMT
#9412
Mm personally I'm impressed by people who even remember what happened in a sf4 game. Me, I can win a round, friend asks how I did that and for the life of me I cannot remember wtf I did that whole round.
Excuse me hun, but what is your name? Vivian? I woke up next to you naked and, uh, did we, um?
Excalibur_Z
Profile Joined October 2002
United States12257 Posts
November 18 2014 18:24 GMT
#9413
To be fair, Fakesteve did review the match through the video archive, and then he was able to recall what his thought process was at each point. That's straightforward enough for everyone to do. I don't think anyone has the ability to retain information about how a match went through sheer memory in its entirety, but there will always be certain trigger moments that stand out. It's similar to going back and watching your Starcraft replays, where you may not be able to recite to a third party what happened in the game by memory, you can remember what you were thinking when you see the moment played back in front of you.
Moderator
Trumpet
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States1936 Posts
November 18 2014 19:04 GMT
#9414
Props for rewatching and talking about the loss. That feeling is the worst. Really hard to do imo without yelling at the screen like "THE HELL WAS I THINKING!?? HOW DID I NOT NOTICE THAT??" at least for me

Keep going! For the next one I'd love it if you record your own video so you can pause/explain things as they happen on screen
FakeSteve[TPR]
Profile Blog Joined July 2003
Valhalla18444 Posts
November 18 2014 20:57 GMT
#9415
Yeah, writing that one sucked lol. Especially after making the adjustments I had to make and beating him the second time, I don't wanna revisit that loss
Moderatormy tatsu loops r fuckin nice
Aylear
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Norway3988 Posts
November 19 2014 02:04 GMT
#9416
Appreciate you doing it despite how badly it made you cringe. <3
TL+ Member
Qatol
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
United States3165 Posts
November 19 2014 03:54 GMT
#9417
Thanks for the writeup! Definitely an interesting read!
Uff Da
Natureboy
Profile Joined April 2012
Sweden85 Posts
November 24 2014 14:25 GMT
#9418
I've been playing Ryu since release of super or something like that and recently switched to Akuma. I love how the neutral game plays and that you are free to play a wide arrange of playstyles with him, but I'm really confused about his demon flips. Are they at all useful anymore? When can I use them and when can't I? Usually I just go ham on characters with bad reversals but what can I do against delayed wakeup? Do I just have to play a normal wakeup game after the wiffed flip?
kuresuti
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
1393 Posts
November 24 2014 18:12 GMT
#9419
DH is going to be pretty sick! List of attendees

Gamerbee, Luffy, Pepeday, Fuudo, Itazan, Ryan Hart plus some really good French players and all the best Swedish and Norwegian ones. I hope that Unconfirmed status won't mess this up...

FakeSteve[TPR]
Profile Blog Joined July 2003
Valhalla18444 Posts
November 26 2014 16:18 GMT
#9420
Is Valmaster attending?
Moderatormy tatsu loops r fuckin nice
Prev 1 469 470 471 472 473 668 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
Continental Nation League S1
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech135
StarCraft: Brood War
Mong 357
Leta 165
Dewaltoss 111
sSak 55
Bale 35
Aegong 32
NotJumperer 28
ZergMaN 26
yabsab 12
Noble 11
[ Show more ]
Icarus 7
League of Legends
JimRising 566
Reynor40
Other Games
summit1g10453
olofmeister264
Sick204
Nina77
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick765
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream40
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Rush1231
• Jankos515
• Stunt477
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
2h 35m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3h 35m
Monday Night Weeklies
8h 35m
Replay Cast
15h 35m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 2h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 3h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 16h
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.