• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:49
CEST 00:49
KST 07:49
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2317
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BSL Season 23 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9404 users

Ultra Street Fighter IV - Page 470

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 468 469 470 471 472 668 Next
Check out the new Street Fighter V Thread
Firkraag8
Profile Joined August 2010
Sweden1006 Posts
November 10 2014 03:59 GMT
#9381
On November 10 2014 12:41 O-ops wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 10 2014 12:41 Firkraag8 wrote:
On November 10 2014 12:40 O-ops wrote:
TAKE MY MONEY.

JUST FUCKING TAKE IT.


Best $9 I spent in a long time.


It's 8.95 nigga get it right.


Did I miss some dumb Twitch chat meme again? Shame on me to always hide the chat.
Too weird to live, too rare to die.
Floobie
Profile Joined February 2011
England296 Posts
November 10 2014 04:00 GMT
#9382
Ah that finals was ridiculous. Loved every second. Would of loved to see Smug get to losers finals, but i wouldn't of changed that finals for anything.
Duka08
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
3391 Posts
November 10 2014 04:01 GMT
#9383
That was the most ridiculous match I've seen in a while. Really couldn't ask for better storylines throughout the whole tournament, and Fuerte v Seth just makes it that much more climactic and insane in the end.

Amazing tournament and the first one in a while where I caught pretty much all of it. So glad I didn't have obligations this weekend.
FakeSteve[TPR]
Profile Blog Joined July 2003
Valhalla18444 Posts
November 10 2014 04:21 GMT
#9384
On November 10 2014 12:40 sung_moon wrote:
Yo good shit Steve to great showings in multiple games.

Who are you running in 13 nowadays (besides Leona)?


Thanks man, still got work to do but this is a decent start

I play Mature/Leona/Yuri usually, but for most of my matches this tourney I ran Kensou point. Most of my wins were with Leona HDs set up off conditioning them to block empty hop low on wakeup, then deep j.C into s,D confirm. Mature did most of the heavy lifting, and Kensou usually left me with 2-3 bars. Its a decent team imo

Pepeday hugged me when he came outside for a cigarette after winning, he is so amazed to have qualified for master's series this january. Another paid trip to a high profile tourney! Amazing story. He was cheering for me in pools too xD

I might write up a blog or something after I'm settled back at home, but for now.... CCG afterparty, baby!

P.S. sakura doesnt really have a punish for blanka balls if u know different pls help xD
Moderatormy tatsu loops r fuckin nice
O-ops
Profile Joined February 2009
United States4236 Posts
November 10 2014 05:16 GMT
#9385
On November 10 2014 13:21 FakeSteve[TPR] wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 10 2014 12:40 sung_moon wrote:
Yo good shit Steve to great showings in multiple games.

Who are you running in 13 nowadays (besides Leona)?


Thanks man, still got work to do but this is a decent start

I play Mature/Leona/Yuri usually, but for most of my matches this tourney I ran Kensou point. Most of my wins were with Leona HDs set up off conditioning them to block empty hop low on wakeup, then deep j.C into s,D confirm. Mature did most of the heavy lifting, and Kensou usually left me with 2-3 bars. Its a decent team imo

Pepeday hugged me when he came outside for a cigarette after winning, he is so amazed to have qualified for master's series this january. Another paid trip to a high profile tourney! Amazing story. He was cheering for me in pools too xD

I might write up a blog or something after I'm settled back at home, but for now.... CCG afterparty, baby!

P.S. sakura doesnt really have a punish for blanka balls if u know different pls help xD


cr.lp the blanka outta the ball is universal i think.

Does dash LP shouoken on stand block still work?
Fan of the Jangbanger
Unattended Cake
Profile Joined December 2012
United States877 Posts
November 10 2014 06:26 GMT
#9386
http://www.twitch.tv/canadacup2

The after-party is now live, two hours later, but ya know!
"It's Santa! Get him, Jesus!"
O-ops
Profile Joined February 2009
United States4236 Posts
November 10 2014 06:34 GMT
#9387
On November 10 2014 15:26 Unattended Cake wrote:
http://www.twitch.tv/canadacup2

The after-party is now live, two hours later, but ya know!


If there is no indestructible sing-along imma be pissed.
Fan of the Jangbanger
Excalibur_Z
Profile Joined October 2002
United States12257 Posts
November 10 2014 07:11 GMT
#9388
Dash LP Shou works but apparently only when his face connects. If another side of him connects, your punish will whiff. Also, you only get a juggle hit which does puny awful damage, less than the chip damage from the ball =(
Moderator
O-ops
Profile Joined February 2009
United States4236 Posts
November 10 2014 07:47 GMT
#9389
On November 10 2014 16:11 Excalibur_Z wrote:
Dash LP Shou works but apparently only when his face connects. If another side of him connects, your punish will whiff. Also, you only get a juggle hit which does puny awful damage, less than the chip damage from the ball =(


I thought dash lp shouo fadc crouch fierce light tatsu stand fierce hp shouo is a legit punish.

Guess not ;;
Fan of the Jangbanger
FakeSteve[TPR]
Profile Blog Joined July 2003
Valhalla18444 Posts
November 10 2014 09:56 GMT
#9390
Back at the hotel. Pepeday 3-0'd me reeeaaaaal bad lol. He says he beats his teammate Danhiru 9:1 O_O

The matchup is 5-5!
Moderatormy tatsu loops r fuckin nice
O-ops
Profile Joined February 2009
United States4236 Posts
November 10 2014 13:02 GMT
#9391
http://imgur.com/zZpyypn

Pepeday before the DBZ match.
Fan of the Jangbanger
KillerSOS
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States4207 Posts
November 10 2014 16:21 GMT
#9392
My TE stick comes in tomorrow, I'm pretty hype.
Duka08
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
3391 Posts
November 10 2014 17:01 GMT
#9393
On November 10 2014 13:21 FakeSteve[TPR] wrote:
Pepeday hugged me when he came outside for a cigarette after winning, he is so amazed to have qualified for master's series this january. Another paid trip to a high profile tourney! Amazing story. He was cheering for me in pools too xD

Pepeday is such an awesome tale. How can you not love the guy. His popularity skyrocketed out of nowhere but he's so humble and appreciative of the support and really plays for the fans who support him. His emotions after winner's finals alone showed that. So cool. People still have this harbored hatred for Fuerte as a character but the way Pepe plays him is astonishing and terrifying. The craziness of his character quickly thrust him into the spotlight but his likability and devotion to perform for the fans will keep him there.

All the salty tweets about Fuerte from players like Fchamp, Ricky, and such are icing on the cake.
FakeSteve[TPR]
Profile Blog Joined July 2003
Valhalla18444 Posts
November 10 2014 18:18 GMT
#9394
Ok I'm alive..... barely. Fuckin CCG afterparties man....

On the drive home I will be playing Lufia 2 and thinking about the next step I need to take to be a better tournament player. Thanks for the support guys, it meant a lot
Moderatormy tatsu loops r fuckin nice
Excalibur_Z
Profile Joined October 2002
United States12257 Posts
November 10 2014 18:47 GMT
#9395
On November 10 2014 18:56 FakeSteve[TPR] wrote:
Back at the hotel. Pepeday 3-0'd me reeeaaaaal bad lol. He says he beats his teammate Danhiru 9:1 O_O

The matchup is 5-5!


The problem with Fuerte is the same problem I have with Viper, where I'm guessing more than I'm reacting. His command jumps are not antiairable, and his Fajita Buster looks exactly the same as his Tostada Press so it's not clear whether you should be focusing or jumping. If you try to preemptively focus, he can cancel the run into a free Qbomb which is probably going to counterhit.

Also, I thought you were switching to Chun or E.Ryu??
Moderator
FakeSteve[TPR]
Profile Blog Joined July 2003
Valhalla18444 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-11-10 19:13:20
November 10 2014 19:11 GMT
#9396
Well... about 6 months before Ultra came out I stopped playing Sakura. I put a ton of work into Chun and I won some weeklies with her. When Ultra came out I spent all my time playing Chun and Decapre. I thought Sakura would be too weak after the changes. About 2 months before Canada Cup I wasn't satisfied with my results in locals with Decapre. I had been placing 7th-2nd every week and never winning. I played Sakura at the next local just out of fondness, destroyed everyone, and kinda just got over my hangup. For a while I was just looking for an easier path... Chun and Evil Ryu are both really strong. At the end of the day it was a lot of worrying for nothing. She's still good, and I feel way more comfortable playing her. To the point where I pick her into Gief in tournament even though I have Chun ready.

Long story short, I was looking at the roster instead of at myself to address the plateau I felt I hit. Eventually I saw my weaknesses for what they were, and about two months before CC I dropped everyone and went back to Sakura. That's my character man, ride or die. It worked out for the better, even though there was clear mistakes made in all of my sets, I stayed composed and focused all weekend. That's the best I've ever played, but it just feels like I've set a new standard for myself. You learn so much more from tournaments when you are dialed in, and when you're disciplined enough not to make bad decisions in the heat of the moment, when you're under pressure.

Getting back into being real with myself and my character is what brought me the lil bit of success I had this weekend, so yeah, I main Sakura. Ride or die.
Moderatormy tatsu loops r fuckin nice
Duka08
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
3391 Posts
November 10 2014 20:22 GMT
#9397
On November 11 2014 04:11 FakeSteve[TPR] wrote:
Well... about 6 months before Ultra came out I stopped playing Sakura. I put a ton of work into Chun and I won some weeklies with her. When Ultra came out I spent all my time playing Chun and Decapre. I thought Sakura would be too weak after the changes. About 2 months before Canada Cup I wasn't satisfied with my results in locals with Decapre. I had been placing 7th-2nd every week and never winning. I played Sakura at the next local just out of fondness, destroyed everyone, and kinda just got over my hangup. For a while I was just looking for an easier path... Chun and Evil Ryu are both really strong. At the end of the day it was a lot of worrying for nothing. She's still good, and I feel way more comfortable playing her. To the point where I pick her into Gief in tournament even though I have Chun ready.

Long story short, I was looking at the roster instead of at myself to address the plateau I felt I hit. Eventually I saw my weaknesses for what they were, and about two months before CC I dropped everyone and went back to Sakura. That's my character man, ride or die. It worked out for the better, even though there was clear mistakes made in all of my sets, I stayed composed and focused all weekend. That's the best I've ever played, but it just feels like I've set a new standard for myself. You learn so much more from tournaments when you are dialed in, and when you're disciplined enough not to make bad decisions in the heat of the moment, when you're under pressure.

Getting back into being real with myself and my character is what brought me the lil bit of success I had this weekend, so yeah, I main Sakura. Ride or die.

Damn that's some real stuff. Good shit Steve.
KillerSOS
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States4207 Posts
November 11 2014 03:26 GMT
#9398
Just got my stick... can't figure out what character I want to main lol
Ophe
Profile Joined July 2012
Sweden388 Posts
November 11 2014 09:25 GMT
#9399
On November 11 2014 12:26 KillerSOS wrote:
Just got my stick... can't figure out what character I want to main lol

I'm all for dat equal opportunity. I have maybe 40k BP and no character is B ranked.
FakeSteve[TPR]
Profile Blog Joined July 2003
Valhalla18444 Posts
November 11 2014 20:44 GMT
#9400
Ahhh, watching my match with Lap, I see the holes

I've beaten Lap before, but if I had this weekend, fchamp prolly woulda made top 8 haha

Would you guys be interested in a breakdown of that match? or the loss and win vs that dudley?
Moderatormy tatsu loops r fuckin nice
Prev 1 468 469 470 471 472 668 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 11m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nathanias 177
Nina 125
SteadfastSC 61
CosmosSc2 21
StarCraft: Brood War
Artosis 505
910 60
Bale 11
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm47
League of Legends
Doublelift1849
Super Smash Bros
PPMD55
Other Games
summit1g10174
Grubby3183
shahzam598
C9.Mang0261
PiGStarcraft225
Maynarde80
Liquid`Ken8
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream26
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 120
• musti20045 40
• davetesta6
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21644
Other Games
• imaqtpie897
• Shiphtur289
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
11m
CranKy Ducklings0
Afreeca Starleague
11h 11m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
12h 11m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 1h
Patches Events
1d 17h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
OSC
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.