• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:42
CEST 07:42
KST 14:42
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7541 users

Hitman 5: Absolution - Page 5

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All
LoLAdriankat
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States4307 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-11-18 21:07:05
November 18 2012 18:46 GMT
#81
On November 19 2012 03:06 Southlight wrote:
I thought TB's one was quite helpful, and I think he was incensed about that review too:
+ Show Spoiler +

This fucking game. I don't think any other game in history has messed with my emotions about it so much before it's release. At first, I was like "this game is shit" to "this game looks awesome" to "actually it's shit" and so on.
Corvi
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
Germany1406 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-11-18 22:12:37
November 18 2012 22:09 GMT
#82
a ton of reviews got out today. mostly (very) good ratings, still my impression is that the game fails at being a good hitman game.

biggest problem: areas are pretty small and there is no real sandbox feeling to it, making it linear and story-driven for the "modern gamer", as tb calls it. no one ever gave a fuck about the hitman story ffs, and what is up with that wallhack and the other stealth action mechanics? its totally out of place. i must say as an oldschool hitman fan i am extremely disappointed.

probably still gonna get it, its just an impression after all and i want to make up my own opinion. its the glorious hitman franchise after all, right? :<
Aerisky
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
United States12129 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-11-18 22:38:56
November 18 2012 22:38 GMT
#83
Yeah, watching walkthroughs is sort of fun, but you do realize that the game doesn't feel very open-world at all. There are lots of ways to kill people but you have to do it very very specifically and can't do a lot of things. You basically only have one good path most of the time, and doing interesting things will lose you points more often than not -.-
Jim while Johnny had had had had had had had; had had had had the better effect on the teacher.
ZeaL.
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States5955 Posts
November 20 2012 04:38 GMT
#84
Unlocking in 30 minutes. Have to see if it matches up to Blood Money (just replayed through the first few levels this morning). At the very least it looks like its going to be a lot of eye candy.
Gryffindor_us
Profile Blog Joined November 2002
United States5606 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-11-20 09:32:20
November 20 2012 09:30 GMT
#85
First impression (Tutorial level spoilers)

I've completed the tutorial on purist. I managed to get to the end without being detected at all, but the last bit there are four guards. Tediously I had to distract each one into the vicinity and then knock them out. Also, there are two gripes I have with the tutorial: the linearity of it. There is a greenhouse that has one entrance, and so that eliminates "suit only" usage. Obviously this is without any instinct, so I can't magic my way in past the guards. The other grip is that the silencer on the silverballer isn't really that silent.

I'm still enthusiastic, and it was still fun despite those two gripes. Oh, Absolution differs in a very big way from Blood Money on disguises. In Absolution let's say you have a group of private security. Getting into their uniform is only useful from afar, otherwise close encounters it would be better to disguise as a chef, or something unique. Commonality seems to be detrimental rather than camouflaging.

Edit:

Purist is...

No Interface (Except weapon selection and crosshair)
No Instinct
No Tips
Something else I can't remember.
Remember 11-12-04. 이윤열 ~. |||| ZerO, IriS, JangBi, Stork, BackHo! Mah Jae Yoon is no longer a feared entity.
appletree
Profile Joined September 2010
Denmark109 Posts
November 20 2012 10:05 GMT
#86
Here we go ! Installing through steam now.
Any more updates as to impressions so far ?

Purist sounds like something way out of my league..
a
AsnSensation
Profile Joined April 2011
Germany24009 Posts
November 20 2012 10:33 GMT
#87
Game should come in either today or tomorrow, pretty excited for this, lets hope that it isnt a disappointment like AC III
Leimus
Profile Joined October 2011
72 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-11-20 10:54:54
November 20 2012 10:48 GMT
#88
I went with Purist straight from the start. I didn't even get to play a tutorial :D

Screw HUD's, intuition, etc. No looking through walls, and constantly getting busted/killed. So far enjoying the game. Dunno if it'll ever live up to the earlier games (which I used to absolutely love back in day), but seems good enough entertainment.
appletree
Profile Joined September 2010
Denmark109 Posts
November 20 2012 13:44 GMT
#89
Playing on purist, I can't figure out, if you actually achieve anything, by sneaking past guards unnoticed, compared to subduing them, does it make a difference ? I know killing them, is not really the way to go, and i'd like to do it as clean as possible, which is why im asking...

a
NeonFlare
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
Finland1307 Posts
November 20 2012 18:48 GMT
#90
As far as I know subduing gives some score penalty which can be nullified by hiding the body, not sure if it's allowed for silent assassin or whatever the thing is you get when you kill nothing extra and don't get noticed.

I'm something like 6/20 according to main menu and so far the game has been pretty nice though a bit too cramped, one part I didn't like at all was with all the police, it felt so forced and un-hitmanlike or maybe I'm just biased due the actual kill missions being so fun.
Spectrechoco
Profile Joined October 2012
11 Posts
November 20 2012 19:00 GMT
#91
Hey guys, I just made the first episode of a Hitman: Absolution "Lets play"! (Note: it is in german)

I´d like if you could check it out!

Thank you :D

LINK IS HERE!
Corvi
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
Germany1406 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-11-21 01:46:04
November 21 2012 01:45 GMT
#92
disguises are sooooo weak in this game, its ridiculous. sure it makes sense when there are three bodyguards, one of them goes pee and returns as a huge bald dude with a barcode on his head, but come on, it shouldnt be that way with a million policemen all over the place or whatever. the quick time melee combat is even worse. the locations are decent, still a lot less interesting than blood money's.

i must say absolution is a major disappointment thus far (4 hours in). kinda expected, so i guess stupid me for still buying that game.
Discarder
Profile Joined July 2012
Philippines411 Posts
November 21 2012 09:14 GMT
#93
Does gunshot wounds still remain when you shoot people? Is there still a lot of blood when i cut someone's throat?
You can take the lion out of the jungle, but you can't take the jungle out of the lion
Slackzftw
Profile Joined November 2012
Germany361 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-11-21 09:51:06
November 21 2012 09:38 GMT
#94
This game is so hard. I only play on Expert but I need to restard every level like 100 times. I am dressed as a Police-Officer and another police-men sees me like 1sec and I get detected... WTF?!
And what is instinct for on Expert/Purist? Its completly useless....

I just wasted like 2hrs in this library level without progress at all -_-
NeonFlare
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
Finland1307 Posts
November 21 2012 17:40 GMT
#95
Have you made any contracts yet? It seems like pretty fun system, though being unable to delete old ones and no warning about not being able to edit title or other stuff once it's done is a bit of a downside.

Tried few what other people had made, some of them are very simplistic and obviously made during the tutorial just to get past it, while most seem to range from decent to interesting. Though I'm not sure if the search system and money system live up to rest of it.

I think the downside of the current system to show a contract during menu is, it only shows featured contracts (at least for me so far) and I'd really like a way to hop into random one faster than spamming search.
AnomalySC2
Profile Joined August 2012
United States2073 Posts
November 22 2012 02:15 GMT
#96
This game is terrible. They made missions tiny, dull, and simple. The characters all act like complete idiots and the story telling in general is amateur, which only makes the fact that they stripped out all the open ended gameplay elements to focus on a more cinematic approach just that much more offensive. The graphics are very pretty but that could also have a lot to do with why everything feels so small and enclosed.

The instinct system has no business being in Hitman. A lot of fans are hating on the check point system and I myself don't particularly have an issue with it but I do understand where everyone is coming from. There are quick time events. Disguises were made useless to fit with the new focus on small, corridor based levels.

5/10 for the impressive graphics and the cool ranking system for single player. That is the only interesting idea they brought to the table with Absolution, everything else is a HUGE step backwards from Blood Money. I blame Call of Duty, everything needs to be simple and dumb for mass market appeal. these days.
GreyKnight
Profile Joined August 2010
United States4720 Posts
November 22 2012 02:36 GMT
#97
On November 22 2012 11:15 AnomalySC2 wrote:
This game is terrible. They made missions tiny, dull, and simple. The characters all act like complete idiots and the story telling in general is amateur, which only makes the fact that they stripped out all the open ended gameplay elements to focus on a more cinematic approach just that much more offensive. The graphics are very pretty but that could also have a lot to do with why everything feels so small and enclosed.

The instinct system has no business being in Hitman. A lot of fans are hating on the check point system and I myself don't particularly have an issue with it but I do understand where everyone is coming from. There are quick time events. Disguises were made useless to fit with the new focus on small, corridor based levels.

5/10 for the impressive graphics and the cool ranking system for single player. That is the only interesting idea they brought to the table with Absolution, everything else is a HUGE step backwards from Blood Money. I blame Call of Duty, everything needs to be simple and dumb for mass market appeal. these days.


I wouldn't even blame mainstream appeal, this game isn't even a good action game. It just feels clunky and strange.
Slackzftw
Profile Joined November 2012
Germany361 Posts
November 22 2012 03:51 GMT
#98
I turned down the difficulty from Expert to Hard and its sooooooooooooooo much easier. What the heck is that? I failed like 2hrs on expert in that library mission and on Hard I've done it in like 20mins :x
The different levels doesn't seem to be balanced perfectly.
Aterons_toss
Profile Joined February 2011
Romania1275 Posts
November 23 2012 15:18 GMT
#99
Purist fells like very close to everything I could have asked to.
Level good be bigger but they are big enough, about as big as blood money and there are more of them.
One of the first few games where i have to call totalbiscuit ( which i very much like )between other critics a "complete twat that doesn't understand the game and hasn't played previous games from the series enough".

I could see how someone who started with 47 and still thinks of that above BM might think this is only average for hitman but as someone who "grew" with blood money and loves that best i believe this is their best game so far from what iv played.
Not to mention the graphics, the sounds and the lighting.

Love this game and will happily waste hours upon hours onto it. Don't like the fact that they added "story" and try to make 47 look more human and what not... but story is something I didn't care about much in hitman anyway and as long as 47 stays bad ass i don't have any major complain about that.
A good strategy means leaving your opponent room to make mistakes
MiyaviTeddy
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Canada697 Posts
November 23 2012 16:08 GMT
#100
I wasn't really a big fan of blood money, but I REALLY love hitman 2.

Is this game worth getting? or rather, how much fun is it playing absolution?
Aiyeeeee
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
Continental Nation League S1
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
NeuroSwarm 198
ProTech133
Nina 91
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 20764
Dewaltoss 119
Mong 104
Bale 40
ZergMaN 25
Noble 9
Icarus 8
League of Legends
JimRising 745
Other Games
summit1g11417
Sick186
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick913
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream31
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• practicex 39
• Letter147
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2166
League of Legends
• Lourlo1191
• Rush1049
• Stunt111
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
4h 18m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
5h 18m
Monday Night Weeklies
10h 18m
Replay Cast
17h 18m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 4h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 5h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 18h
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.