• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:41
CEST 07:41
KST 14:41
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7526 users

Hitman 5: Absolution

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All
ZeaL.
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States5955 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-15 05:21:57
May 11 2011 02:25 GMT
#1
IO Interactive just released a super short teaser for Hitman 5, more details to come at E3 on June 7th, 2011. This news made me super excited, I've played the series from the beginning and I can't remember how many times I've played through Blood Money and Silent Assassin. Its been 5 years since Blood Money and I'm anxious to know what 47 does after the end of that. Good news too because since Blood Money the market has been dominated by CoD clones and the like, it should be great having some real stealth action gaming out there. Probably won't be out till 2012 but I can't wait.

Teaser:


What does TL think?

Edit: E3 Trailer, thanks PeZuY!



Edit 2 (Oct 15): New gameplay trailer, thanks Ideas

GSaiyan
Profile Joined April 2011
Canada35 Posts
May 11 2011 02:39 GMT
#2
Loved the Hitman series, and recently re-installed Blood Money to replay it. Games like Hitman just aren't made in recent times, and I'm glad to see it come back into the light. Can't wait for more details and the release of it.
Qzy
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Denmark1121 Posts
May 11 2011 03:00 GMT
#3
I love it, I've been to lectures with the lead designer of Kane & Lynch/old hitman series. Awesome stuff - looking forward to the game.

IOInteractive = awesome company.
TG Sambo... Intel classic! Life of lively to live to life of full life thx to shield battery
echO [W]
Profile Joined July 2010
United States1495 Posts
May 11 2011 03:02 GMT
#4
Very VERY excited. I really enjoy these type of stealth action games where you can accomplish your mission with varying amounts of stealth, from using only piano wire and poisons, to suppressed weapons to all out fire fights.

I'm more of a fan of this series than the Splinter Cell series.
"Or a school bus over a bunch of kids" - Tasteless --- “A man's errors are his portals of discovery.” - James Joyce
Hoon
Profile Joined December 2010
Brazil891 Posts
May 11 2011 03:03 GMT
#5
Oh wow it's been so long since I've played Blood Money. D:
Can't wait for this one to come out. Hitman is the best stealth game series ever.
SEn Fanclub: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=170834
Liquoid
Profile Joined September 2010
United Kingdom275 Posts
May 11 2011 03:20 GMT
#6
I never played Silent Assassin and Blood Money, but I played the first one (Codename 47) and third one (Contracts) extensively. Can't wait for this.
stevarius
Profile Joined August 2010
United States1394 Posts
May 11 2011 03:24 GMT
#7
It's about damn time.

Blood Money wasn't going to last forever... lol.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
ATeddyBear
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Canada2843 Posts
May 11 2011 03:29 GMT
#8
I literally was talking to my co-worker about how they should make another Hitman game 2 days ago.
Professional twice over - an analyst and a therapist. The world’s first analrapist.
Endymion
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States3701 Posts
May 11 2011 03:37 GMT
#9
square enix is writing the story for them?
Have you considered the MMO-Champion forum? You are just as irrational and delusional with the right portion of nostalgic populism. By the way: The old Brood War was absolutely unplayable
Hesmyrr
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Canada5776 Posts
May 11 2011 14:09 GMT
#10
Oh man, so many amazing stuffs coming out during the summer break. It can't be debated that Hitman series is the best stealth game ever
"If watching the MSL finals makes you a progamer, then anyone in Korea can do it." - Ha Tae Ki
Gryffindor_us
Profile Blog Joined November 2002
United States5606 Posts
May 11 2011 14:41 GMT
#11
Hell yes. I just recently played Blood Money and I'm itching for more, especially since they gutted Splinter Cell. Hitman is like Splinter Cell's long lost brother. They're so goooooood.
Remember 11-12-04. 이윤열 ~. |||| ZerO, IriS, JangBi, Stork, BackHo! Mah Jae Yoon is no longer a feared entity.
Nikopol
Profile Joined August 2010
New Zealand55 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-11 14:52:07
May 11 2011 14:51 GMT
#12
On May 11 2011 12:37 Endymion wrote:
square enix is writing the story for them?



Square Enix purchased Eidos a while ago. They are just their publisher. Eidos/IO will most probably still do all their stuff.

+ Show Spoiler +
Glad its not wrote by Square, couldn't think of a worse train wreck
\o/
pHelix Equilibria
Profile Joined August 2010
United States1134 Posts
May 11 2011 15:18 GMT
#13
Oh god this game was so sweet. Played up to Contracts. The movie was a real turn off though. I will definitely have to look into Absolution!
dolphen
Profile Joined March 2011
63 Posts
May 11 2011 15:30 GMT
#14
hype hype hype hype hype hype....
I love those games, I can't wait for this one - i just hope that its not gonna be, "and we hope to have the game out in something like spring 2013"... I cant wait to play agent 47...

Also i might add... I am a bit of a fanboy... so anything would make me happy
I thought! I thought!
Tobberoth
Profile Joined August 2010
Sweden6375 Posts
May 11 2011 15:39 GMT
#15
Every Hitman has, at least in general, improved the franchise greatly. It's a type of game which only gets better as more complexity is added, better graphics, better AI, bigger levels...

I'm very hyped and think it can be amazingly good if they really sit down and go "Okey, blood money was awesome, how can we take it to the next level".
Excessive
Profile Joined April 2010
Denmark151 Posts
May 11 2011 15:44 GMT
#16
This reminds me that I havent played Contracts yet. =/ Oh well, plenty of time to catch up. Blood Money was just way to much fun. Looking very much forward to this.
sc4k
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United Kingdom5454 Posts
May 11 2011 15:46 GMT
#17
HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY FUCKING SHIT.

Hitman Blood Money was MY FAVOURITE GAME since Deus Ex!!!!!1

FUUUUCCCCKKKK.

This is the best news in a long fucking time. FUCK!!!!!
Weird
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States832 Posts
May 11 2011 15:48 GMT
#18
Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!!
LoLAdriankat
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States4307 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-11 16:00:22
May 11 2011 15:58 GMT
#19
All they have to do is maintain the core gameplay of Blood Money but add more ways to kill your target.

But nope, this is going to be another run and gun shooter if it's not a half-assed "stealth" game like Splinter Cell Conviction.. Modern game industry, if you're reading this, well... hi.
Leporello
Profile Joined January 2011
United States2845 Posts
May 11 2011 16:11 GMT
#20
I hope they stay true to the franchise and not make it "high-action".

I've mentioned in another thread that Blood Money is my favorite single-player game ever made. I've played through it more times than I can count, looking for every gimmick and silent assassin route possible.

So I obviously have high-hopes for this one. I just hope they don't neglect the core free-roam stealth gameplay that made the series what it is.
Big water
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
Continental Nation League S1
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
NeuroSwarm 198
ProTech133
Nina 82
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 20229
Dewaltoss 124
Mong 61
Bale 44
ZergMaN 25
Noble 9
Icarus 7
League of Legends
JimRising 728
Other Games
summit1g11280
Sick202
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick811
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream31
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• practicex 37
• Letter148
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2184
League of Legends
• Lourlo1178
• Rush1141
• Stunt44
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
4h 19m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
5h 19m
Monday Night Weeklies
10h 19m
Replay Cast
17h 19m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 4h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 5h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 18h
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.