• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:46
CEST 00:46
KST 07:46
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War565.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning? TL Sidebar missing streams Rollback Netcode in Brood War
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8480 users

EVO 2011 Tournament Season - Page 201

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 199 200 201 202 203 208 Next
darkmetal505
Profile Blog Joined March 2007
United States639 Posts
August 01 2011 05:14 GMT
#4001
Daigo vs Poongko already up:
StarStruck
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
25339 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-01 05:17:50
August 01 2011 05:15 GMT
#4002
On August 01 2011 14:11 Seldentar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 01 2011 14:04 O-ops wrote:
On August 01 2011 14:03 Seldentar wrote:
On August 01 2011 13:58 kheldorin wrote:
I don't even play fighting games much and play SC2 much more yet this is so much better than watching MLG. There's so much manufactured hype for SC2. SC2 just felt so much more corporate while there's a good feeling of community for the fighting game. There's so much drama, energy, personality from both the crowd and the players.


Wow I felt exactly the opposite and I also rarely play fighting games... I think you have that backwards buddy XD


If you think there's more hype in SC2 you're either trolling or something is wrong with you.


I meant other than the hype, I thought MLG was much better. I can't believe this street fighter game has so much hype, has it been out way longer than sc2 or something? It seems like such a mindless, reactionary game to me and everything is so quick. There's no suspense or anything.


That's great. You are entitled to your opinion, you enjoyed MLG more. Great. How many matches did you actually see this EVO if I might ask?

Besides that please don't come in here to shit on a genre that you obviously know nothing about. At least educate yourself first before you talk because then what you say would be more valid.
Mitsuwa
Profile Joined July 2010
United States793 Posts
August 01 2011 05:15 GMT
#4003
On August 01 2011 14:11 O-ops wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 01 2011 14:10 StarStruck wrote:
On August 01 2011 14:09 O-ops wrote:
On August 01 2011 14:07 TYJ.Aoy wrote:
On August 01 2011 14:05 StarStruck wrote:
On August 01 2011 14:04 RaiKageRyu wrote:
On August 01 2011 14:00 Redmark wrote:
On August 01 2011 13:58 Kiyo. wrote:
[image loading]

Wish we saw that with SC2.

I'm pretty sure we do see that with SC2.


NesTea trended #1 in the moment when he eked out the final set in Game 5 vs sC @ GSL May Semi Finals



Er, you do realize there are 3 players trending in there right? not 1

1 big event a year to how many again?, very comparable.

What was the prize pool this year?


There's a major like every month and a half lol.


they don't follow fighters man, its cool.


No, It's not cool when dumbshits come here and diss what we have.


It's ok man. There's room for everyone and now we get more exposure and everyone wins : ). People can see how amazing fighting games are and more people will watch Final Round and Shadowloo Showdown or Season's beatings, etc. It'll just get so much more HYPE. Where Yo Curley Mustache At?
nekuodah
Profile Joined August 2010
England2409 Posts
August 01 2011 05:16 GMT
#4004
I only just got into fighting games but the hype in this tourny let me introduce my brother to esports, damn such a good weekend of mlg and evo i dont see how people can shit on either it was just totally awesome. (and man that poongko is so fun to watch)
Seldentar
Profile Joined May 2011
United States888 Posts
August 01 2011 05:17 GMT
#4005
On August 01 2011 14:06 nRoot wrote:

Show nested quote +
On August 01 2011 14:03 Seldentar wrote:
On August 01 2011 13:58 kheldorin wrote:
I don't even play fighting games much and play SC2 much more yet this is so much better than watching MLG. There's so much manufactured hype for SC2. SC2 just felt so much more corporate while there's a good feeling of community for the fighting game. There's so much drama, energy, personality from both the crowd and the players.


Wow I felt exactly the opposite and I also rarely play fighting games... I think you have that backwards buddy XD

What? Did you see the PR Rog comeback in MvC3? Top8 MvC and AE where more hype than any SC2 tournament so far, no contest


I wasn't referring to the hype, but as a side note what you said is like another language to me being unfamiliar with fighting games. I don't know what PR Rog, MvC3, MvC, AE are. I guess PR Rog is a player and the rest are games? Evo is the only fighting game I know of because I watched some of it and the hype has reached MLG chat a bit.
Xkalibert
Profile Joined March 2010
United States1404 Posts
August 01 2011 05:17 GMT
#4006
On August 01 2011 14:10 uberism wrote:
I still don't see SC trending worldwide

http://www.reddit.com/r/starcraft/comments/i4h88/huk_trends/

thank you for helping me increase my post count.
StarStruck
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
25339 Posts
August 01 2011 05:18 GMT
#4007
On August 01 2011 14:17 Seldentar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 01 2011 14:06 nRoot wrote:

On August 01 2011 14:03 Seldentar wrote:
On August 01 2011 13:58 kheldorin wrote:
I don't even play fighting games much and play SC2 much more yet this is so much better than watching MLG. There's so much manufactured hype for SC2. SC2 just felt so much more corporate while there's a good feeling of community for the fighting game. There's so much drama, energy, personality from both the crowd and the players.


Wow I felt exactly the opposite and I also rarely play fighting games... I think you have that backwards buddy XD

What? Did you see the PR Rog comeback in MvC3? Top8 MvC and AE where more hype than any SC2 tournament so far, no contest


I wasn't referring to the hype, but as a side note what you said is like another language to me being unfamiliar with fighting games. I don't know what PR Rog, MvC3, MvC, AE are. I guess PR Rog is a player and the rest are games? Evo is the only fighting game I know of because I watched some of it and the hype has reached MLG chat a bit.



EVO is the name of the tournament. -_-
Redmark
Profile Joined March 2010
Canada2129 Posts
August 01 2011 05:18 GMT
#4008
On August 01 2011 14:17 Seldentar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 01 2011 14:06 nRoot wrote:

On August 01 2011 14:03 Seldentar wrote:
On August 01 2011 13:58 kheldorin wrote:
I don't even play fighting games much and play SC2 much more yet this is so much better than watching MLG. There's so much manufactured hype for SC2. SC2 just felt so much more corporate while there's a good feeling of community for the fighting game. There's so much drama, energy, personality from both the crowd and the players.


Wow I felt exactly the opposite and I also rarely play fighting games... I think you have that backwards buddy XD

What? Did you see the PR Rog comeback in MvC3? Top8 MvC and AE where more hype than any SC2 tournament so far, no contest


I wasn't referring to the hype, but as a side note what you said is like another language to me being unfamiliar with fighting games. I don't know what PR Rog, MvC3, MvC, AE are. I guess PR Rog is a player and the rest are games? Evo is the only fighting game I know of because I watched some of it and the hype has reached MLG chat a bit.

Then please don't make posts like "It seems like such a mindless, reactionary game to me and everything is so quick. There's no suspense or anything."
uberism
Profile Joined January 2011
Canada271 Posts
August 01 2011 05:19 GMT
#4009
On August 01 2011 14:17 Seldentar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 01 2011 14:06 nRoot wrote:

On August 01 2011 14:03 Seldentar wrote:
On August 01 2011 13:58 kheldorin wrote:
I don't even play fighting games much and play SC2 much more yet this is so much better than watching MLG. There's so much manufactured hype for SC2. SC2 just felt so much more corporate while there's a good feeling of community for the fighting game. There's so much drama, energy, personality from both the crowd and the players.


Wow I felt exactly the opposite and I also rarely play fighting games... I think you have that backwards buddy XD

What? Did you see the PR Rog comeback in MvC3? Top8 MvC and AE where more hype than any SC2 tournament so far, no contest


I wasn't referring to the hype, but as a side note what you said is like another language to me being unfamiliar with fighting games. I don't know what PR Rog, MvC3, MvC, AE are. I guess PR Rog is a player and the rest are games? Evo is the only fighting game I know of because I watched some of it and the hype has reached MLG chat a bit.


Evo is not a fighting game...
Seldentar
Profile Joined May 2011
United States888 Posts
August 01 2011 05:20 GMT
#4010
On August 01 2011 14:18 StarStruck wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 01 2011 14:17 Seldentar wrote:
On August 01 2011 14:06 nRoot wrote:

On August 01 2011 14:03 Seldentar wrote:
On August 01 2011 13:58 kheldorin wrote:
I don't even play fighting games much and play SC2 much more yet this is so much better than watching MLG. There's so much manufactured hype for SC2. SC2 just felt so much more corporate while there's a good feeling of community for the fighting game. There's so much drama, energy, personality from both the crowd and the players.


Wow I felt exactly the opposite and I also rarely play fighting games... I think you have that backwards buddy XD

What? Did you see the PR Rog comeback in MvC3? Top8 MvC and AE where more hype than any SC2 tournament so far, no contest


I wasn't referring to the hype, but as a side note what you said is like another language to me being unfamiliar with fighting games. I don't know what PR Rog, MvC3, MvC, AE are. I guess PR Rog is a player and the rest are games? Evo is the only fighting game I know of because I watched some of it and the hype has reached MLG chat a bit.



EVO is the name of the tournament. -_-


lmao
Seldentar
Profile Joined May 2011
United States888 Posts
August 01 2011 05:20 GMT
#4011
On August 01 2011 14:18 Redmark wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 01 2011 14:17 Seldentar wrote:
On August 01 2011 14:06 nRoot wrote:

On August 01 2011 14:03 Seldentar wrote:
On August 01 2011 13:58 kheldorin wrote:
I don't even play fighting games much and play SC2 much more yet this is so much better than watching MLG. There's so much manufactured hype for SC2. SC2 just felt so much more corporate while there's a good feeling of community for the fighting game. There's so much drama, energy, personality from both the crowd and the players.


Wow I felt exactly the opposite and I also rarely play fighting games... I think you have that backwards buddy XD

What? Did you see the PR Rog comeback in MvC3? Top8 MvC and AE where more hype than any SC2 tournament so far, no contest


I wasn't referring to the hype, but as a side note what you said is like another language to me being unfamiliar with fighting games. I don't know what PR Rog, MvC3, MvC, AE are. I guess PR Rog is a player and the rest are games? Evo is the only fighting game I know of because I watched some of it and the hype has reached MLG chat a bit.

Then please don't make posts like "It seems like such a mindless, reactionary game to me and everything is so quick. There's no suspense or anything."


Well from what I've seen this weekend that's my first impression *shrugs*
Dante08
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
Singapore4189 Posts
August 01 2011 05:20 GMT
#4012
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUU I MISSED SF4 I WAS SLEEPING DAM IT
Pezo
Profile Joined August 2010
England156 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-01 05:21:32
August 01 2011 05:21 GMT
#4013
On August 01 2011 14:17 Seldentar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 01 2011 14:06 nRoot wrote:

On August 01 2011 14:03 Seldentar wrote:
On August 01 2011 13:58 kheldorin wrote:
I don't even play fighting games much and play SC2 much more yet this is so much better than watching MLG. There's so much manufactured hype for SC2. SC2 just felt so much more corporate while there's a good feeling of community for the fighting game. There's so much drama, energy, personality from both the crowd and the players.


Wow I felt exactly the opposite and I also rarely play fighting games... I think you have that backwards buddy XD

What? Did you see the PR Rog comeback in MvC3? Top8 MvC and AE where more hype than any SC2 tournament so far, no contest


I wasn't referring to the hype, but as a side note what you said is like another language to me being unfamiliar with fighting games. I don't know what PR Rog, MvC3, MvC, AE are. I guess PR Rog is a player and the rest are games? Evo is the only fighting game I know of because I watched some of it and the hype has reached MLG chat a bit.


Lmao... if you think EVO is a fighting game, your obviously going to enjoy MLG more :/
rawrjaaaaay
Profile Joined March 2011
United States426 Posts
August 01 2011 05:22 GMT
#4014
Man, watching AE at EVO makes me regret that I stopped playing Vanilla. Maybe I'll get back into AE next year. It'll be a long road though. T.T
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Hokay
Profile Joined May 2007
United States738 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-01 05:22:54
August 01 2011 05:22 GMT
#4015
On August 01 2011 14:20 Seldentar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 01 2011 14:18 Redmark wrote:
On August 01 2011 14:17 Seldentar wrote:
On August 01 2011 14:06 nRoot wrote:

On August 01 2011 14:03 Seldentar wrote:
On August 01 2011 13:58 kheldorin wrote:
I don't even play fighting games much and play SC2 much more yet this is so much better than watching MLG. There's so much manufactured hype for SC2. SC2 just felt so much more corporate while there's a good feeling of community for the fighting game. There's so much drama, energy, personality from both the crowd and the players.


Wow I felt exactly the opposite and I also rarely play fighting games... I think you have that backwards buddy XD

What? Did you see the PR Rog comeback in MvC3? Top8 MvC and AE where more hype than any SC2 tournament so far, no contest


I wasn't referring to the hype, but as a side note what you said is like another language to me being unfamiliar with fighting games. I don't know what PR Rog, MvC3, MvC, AE are. I guess PR Rog is a player and the rest are games? Evo is the only fighting game I know of because I watched some of it and the hype has reached MLG chat a bit.

Then please don't make posts like "It seems like such a mindless, reactionary game to me and everything is so quick. There's no suspense or anything."


Well from what I've seen this weekend that's my first impression *shrugs*


and you're wrong.
EndOfTime88
Profile Joined February 2011
Austria259 Posts
August 01 2011 05:22 GMT
#4016
On August 01 2011 14:19 uberism wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 01 2011 14:17 Seldentar wrote:
On August 01 2011 14:06 nRoot wrote:

On August 01 2011 14:03 Seldentar wrote:
On August 01 2011 13:58 kheldorin wrote:
I don't even play fighting games much and play SC2 much more yet this is so much better than watching MLG. There's so much manufactured hype for SC2. SC2 just felt so much more corporate while there's a good feeling of community for the fighting game. There's so much drama, energy, personality from both the crowd and the players.


Wow I felt exactly the opposite and I also rarely play fighting games... I think you have that backwards buddy XD

What? Did you see the PR Rog comeback in MvC3? Top8 MvC and AE where more hype than any SC2 tournament so far, no contest


I wasn't referring to the hype, but as a side note what you said is like another language to me being unfamiliar with fighting games. I don't know what PR Rog, MvC3, MvC, AE are. I guess PR Rog is a player and the rest are games? Evo is the only fighting game I know of because I watched some of it and the hype has reached MLG chat a bit.


Evo is not a fighting game...


LOL

Good one.
"Time is what we want most,but what we use worst."-William Penn
pLaNeT_302
Profile Joined September 2010
United States112 Posts
August 01 2011 05:22 GMT
#4017
On August 01 2011 14:20 Dante08 wrote:
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUU I MISSED SF4 I WAS SLEEPING DAM IT

its all over youtube man check it out
bajabaja
Profile Joined September 2010
245 Posts
August 01 2011 05:23 GMT
#4018
Yo guys. Let's just support each other. Even the casters from Evo and MLG are mentioning each other in their respective streams.

I remember Wheat mentioning Evo multiple times on one of his shows. So as Day9, I remember him saying "Quoting my most favorite caster of all time, shit just got real" or something like that. He was referring to SkiSonic, a fighting game caster.

hi.
DotADeMoN
Profile Joined June 2010
United States517 Posts
August 01 2011 05:23 GMT
#4019
On August 01 2011 14:08 udgnim wrote:
Aris versus Kayo Police

Aris proposes to Kayo at some point



LOL.
Seldentar
Profile Joined May 2011
United States888 Posts
August 01 2011 05:23 GMT
#4020
On August 01 2011 14:22 Hokay wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 01 2011 14:20 Seldentar wrote:
On August 01 2011 14:18 Redmark wrote:
On August 01 2011 14:17 Seldentar wrote:
On August 01 2011 14:06 nRoot wrote:

On August 01 2011 14:03 Seldentar wrote:
On August 01 2011 13:58 kheldorin wrote:
I don't even play fighting games much and play SC2 much more yet this is so much better than watching MLG. There's so much manufactured hype for SC2. SC2 just felt so much more corporate while there's a good feeling of community for the fighting game. There's so much drama, energy, personality from both the crowd and the players.


Wow I felt exactly the opposite and I also rarely play fighting games... I think you have that backwards buddy XD

What? Did you see the PR Rog comeback in MvC3? Top8 MvC and AE where more hype than any SC2 tournament so far, no contest


I wasn't referring to the hype, but as a side note what you said is like another language to me being unfamiliar with fighting games. I don't know what PR Rog, MvC3, MvC, AE are. I guess PR Rog is a player and the rest are games? Evo is the only fighting game I know of because I watched some of it and the hype has reached MLG chat a bit.

Then please don't make posts like "It seems like such a mindless, reactionary game to me and everything is so quick. There's no suspense or anything."


Well from what I've seen this weekend that's my first impression *shrugs*


and you're wrong.


How so?
Prev 1 199 200 201 202 203 208 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL: Ladder Tournament
04:00
#3 - $100
ZZZero.O182
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Leta 499
ZZZero.O 182
Hyun 93
Dota 2
monkeys_forever391
League of Legends
Doublelift3881
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4301
Liquid`Hasu484
Other Games
summit1g11816
FrodaN1558
JimRising 331
KnowMe239
Livibee197
ViBE86
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick782
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 113
• Adnapsc2 39
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix3
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Scarra949
Other Games
• imaqtpie1081
• Shiphtur559
• tFFMrPink 10
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
11h 14m
Patches Events
16h 14m
BSL Open Qualifier
20h 14m
BSL Open Qualifier
20h 14m
OSC
1d
OSC
1d 13h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.