• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:28
CEST 10:28
KST 17:28
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Dating: How's your luck? Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8522 users

PC Games Sales Thread - Page 80

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 78 79 80 81 82 698 Next
LaNague
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Germany9118 Posts
November 26 2011 18:08 GMT
#1581
hm, boring sale, only bought serious sam.
But i laughed at rage being down 50%.



I only liked the start of the Witcher, the end was just too crazy and overboard for me, i dont think you really need it.
But then again i found Mask of the Betrayer to be annoying too, so you may want a 2nd opinion.
DystopiaX
Profile Joined October 2010
United States16236 Posts
November 26 2011 18:12 GMT
#1582
I was mainly wondering if I needed to see the story of the first one to understand the second one, since the first one is only $2.50 US anyway. If you don't really need it then I think I'd skip it, since both games are pretty long and I got other games to finish.
chocopaw
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
2072 Posts
November 26 2011 18:13 GMT
#1583
Hm, I'm thinking about getting Civ V, but then again I just today was in it's thread here on TL and read that the multiplayer is very unstable, so dunno...
http://twitter.com/lechocopaw
MisterD
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Germany1338 Posts
November 26 2011 18:20 GMT
#1584
well i quickly bought limbo now :D braid is also on 50%, for braid i can vouch myself, get that if you are into thinking and don't mind reading a bit. limbo i'll see, but critics suggest it's pretty good, so you might want to get that too.
Gold isn't everything in life... you need wood, too!
DystopiaX
Profile Joined October 2010
United States16236 Posts
November 26 2011 18:23 GMT
#1585
On November 27 2011 03:13 chocopaw wrote:
Hm, I'm thinking about getting Civ V, but then again I just today was in it's thread here on TL and read that the multiplayer is very unstable, so dunno...

I think it's not as good as 4 in some ways but definitely kept me playing for around 50-60 hours of tooling around on singleplayer alone so I think it's well worth it.
Bleak
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Turkey3059 Posts
November 26 2011 18:27 GMT
#1586
On November 27 2011 03:13 chocopaw wrote:
Hm, I'm thinking about getting Civ V, but then again I just today was in it's thread here on TL and read that the multiplayer is very unstable, so dunno...


I am around 110 hours on that, it's definitely the game that I have played the most in my Steam library. Pick it up, especially at that price it's a bargain, it's a really addictive and fun game, I guarantee you won't be disappointed if you like turn-based strategy games where you plan everything and the game unfolds slowly and slowly each turn.

Graphics are great aswell, they are very nice to look at on the highest details, especially the leader introductions.
"I am a beacon of knowledge blazing out across a black sea of ignorance. "
DystopiaX
Profile Joined October 2010
United States16236 Posts
November 26 2011 18:29 GMT
#1587
Also as a heads-up, for US people at least, the Witcher 2 digital version is on sale for 16 dollars on amazon as opposed to 24, so you save 8 more dollars if you buy from there.
chocopaw
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
2072 Posts
November 26 2011 18:30 GMT
#1588
Oh don't worry, I already played lots of Civ V, lol. I would just buy it to play multiplayer.
http://twitter.com/lechocopaw
Fruscainte
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
4596 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-26 18:32:41
November 26 2011 18:32 GMT
#1589
Going to plug my favorite game in a third thread too, fuck yeah.

EU3: Chronicles is only $11 on Steam down from $30.
Deadlyfish
Profile Joined August 2010
Denmark1980 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-26 18:37:52
November 26 2011 18:35 GMT
#1590
I've heard a few good things about Rage, cant anyone recommend it? I like games like Borderlands but dislike fallout and such. So is it slow like fallout or fast like Borderlands?

I always end up buying the wrong kinds of games because of how good their reviews are. Skyrim, Fallout, Civ 6 and so on. I get so carried away with sales and just end up buying 5 games that i will never play

Also, i'll probably get every game at less than $5, just too cheap to say no to.
If wishes were horses we'd be eating steak right now.
Fruscainte
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
4596 Posts
November 26 2011 18:36 GMT
#1591
On November 27 2011 03:35 Deadlyfish wrote:
I've heard a few good things about Rage, cant anyone reccomend it? I like games like Borderlands but dislike fallout and such. Is it slow like fallout or fast like Borderlands?

Also, i'll probably get every game at less than $5, just too cheap to say no to.


Well, it's clearly a console port. You can't turn off V-sync and almost any graphics settings. It has the most anti-climactic ending ever of all times, as well. However, if you can get it less than $15 I suppose it's worth it if you really like the Borderlands formula. I would wait for Christmas, though, since it's guaranteed to be much less than it is now then.
Bleak
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Turkey3059 Posts
November 26 2011 18:36 GMT
#1592
On November 27 2011 03:02 DystopiaX wrote:
So if I get the Witcher 2 now that it's on sale, would you guys recommend I pick up the first one as well and finish that first/is it necessary to understand and enjoy the second one?

All other sales are pretty meh for me; I'd recommend Deus Ex but I have it already.


I thought about that in summer too and went with playing the Witcher first. Can't say I was disappointed, it is a very cool RPG, feels much more lengthy and full of content to me than Witcher 2 tbh (Witcher 2 was an awesome game, but they trimmed many of the first game's features). Witcher 2 is a much more faster paced RPG, not just necessarily the combat but the way the game flows. Travelling, reading books, drinking, alchemy etc were much more different in Witcher. The zones were much bigger in Witcher, the swamp in Act 2 made me cry with the travelling around, so can't say I miss that. And honestly when I look back, I think the second game fixed those issues for me.

In short, if you aren't too annoyed by how the game handles certain features compared to the Witcher 2, I say go pick it up, because the story and dialogue-writing is very good at that game.
"I am a beacon of knowledge blazing out across a black sea of ignorance. "
DystopiaX
Profile Joined October 2010
United States16236 Posts
November 26 2011 18:40 GMT
#1593
On November 27 2011 03:36 Bleak wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 27 2011 03:02 DystopiaX wrote:
So if I get the Witcher 2 now that it's on sale, would you guys recommend I pick up the first one as well and finish that first/is it necessary to understand and enjoy the second one?

All other sales are pretty meh for me; I'd recommend Deus Ex but I have it already.


I thought about that in summer too and went with playing the Witcher first. Can't say I was disappointed, it is a very cool RPG, feels much more lengthy and full of content to me than Witcher 2 tbh (Witcher 2 was an awesome game, but they trimmed many of the first game's features). Witcher 2 is a much more faster paced RPG, not just necessarily the combat but the way the game flows. Travelling, reading books, drinking, alchemy etc were much more different in Witcher. The zones were much bigger in Witcher, the swamp in Act 2 made me cry with the travelling around, so can't say I miss that. And honestly when I look back, I think the second game fixed those issues for me.

In short, if you aren't too annoyed by how the game handles certain features compared to the Witcher 2, I say go pick it up, because the story and dialogue-writing is very good at that game.

I guess I should rephrase my question- is it essential that I play the witcher 1 to understand what happens in 2, or can I just pick 2 up and play it without any knowledge of the story in the first one, the universe, etc.?
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-26 18:44:10
November 26 2011 18:43 GMT
#1594
On November 27 2011 03:40 DystopiaX wrote:
I guess I should rephrase my question- is it essential that I play the witcher 1 to understand what happens in 2, or can I just pick 2 up and play it without any knowledge of the story in the first one, the universe, etc.?

You could play Witcher 2 without having played the first game, but its questionable whether you'd want to, since, depending on what things you're judging by, Witcher 1 is an equally good or possibly even better game, and is much cheaper.
Moderator
DannyJ
Profile Joined March 2010
United States5110 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-26 18:53:53
November 26 2011 18:45 GMT
#1595
It's not essential but you'd be more familiar with the overall world and characters. Story wise it's really not dependent on the first. Witcher 1 has TONS of faults, but it's one of my favorite games of all time. I'd recommend it only if you really like RPGs though cause it could definitely test your patience a lot. Witcher 2 is alot more snappy and shiny - a bit too much compared to the original IMO, but still very good.
MisterD
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Germany1338 Posts
November 26 2011 19:02 GMT
#1596
On November 27 2011 03:35 Deadlyfish wrote:
I've heard a few good things about Rage, cant anyone recommend it? I like games like Borderlands but dislike fallout and such. So is it slow like fallout or fast like Borderlands?

I always end up buying the wrong kinds of games because of how good their reviews are. Skyrim, Fallout, Civ 6 and so on. I get so carried away with sales and just end up buying 5 games that i will never play

Also, i'll probably get every game at less than $5, just too cheap to say no to.


the combat is fairly fast, the movement not so much i'd say. There is a lot of car racing involved, which you might not expect from a rpg/shooter. Check out the first view videos in this let's play series, gives you a good impression i think: http://www.youtube.com/user/OMFGcata#grid/user/250845BC24F9807B
Gold isn't everything in life... you need wood, too!
Bleak
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Turkey3059 Posts
November 26 2011 19:04 GMT
#1597
On November 27 2011 03:40 DystopiaX wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 27 2011 03:36 Bleak wrote:
On November 27 2011 03:02 DystopiaX wrote:
So if I get the Witcher 2 now that it's on sale, would you guys recommend I pick up the first one as well and finish that first/is it necessary to understand and enjoy the second one?

All other sales are pretty meh for me; I'd recommend Deus Ex but I have it already.


I thought about that in summer too and went with playing the Witcher first. Can't say I was disappointed, it is a very cool RPG, feels much more lengthy and full of content to me than Witcher 2 tbh (Witcher 2 was an awesome game, but they trimmed many of the first game's features). Witcher 2 is a much more faster paced RPG, not just necessarily the combat but the way the game flows. Travelling, reading books, drinking, alchemy etc were much more different in Witcher. The zones were much bigger in Witcher, the swamp in Act 2 made me cry with the travelling around, so can't say I miss that. And honestly when I look back, I think the second game fixed those issues for me.

In short, if you aren't too annoyed by how the game handles certain features compared to the Witcher 2, I say go pick it up, because the story and dialogue-writing is very good at that game.

I guess I should rephrase my question- is it essential that I play the witcher 1 to understand what happens in 2, or can I just pick 2 up and play it without any knowledge of the story in the first one, the universe, etc.?


No, it is not essential to play Witcher 1 first, though it adds a lot to the immersion and atmosphere, as you already know how it feels to be a witcher. You will also be able to occasionally notice the subtle references to the first game, but no, you don't have to play the first game to enjoy Witcher 2. I still recommend it though.
"I am a beacon of knowledge blazing out across a black sea of ignorance. "
PhiliBiRD
Profile Joined November 2009
United States2643 Posts
November 26 2011 19:33 GMT
#1598
bought Limbo, its been pretty cool, very unique game. Ive enjoyed the difficulty and gameplay so far, however it seems ive played through about 30% of the game in only 30 minutes :-(
Raidern
Profile Joined February 2005
Brazil3821 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-26 19:43:07
November 26 2011 19:42 GMT
#1599
what's the difference between "buy Civilization V -> $10.19" and "Buy Sid Meyer's Civilization V: Game of the Year -> $16" ??

edit - nevermind i'm stupid, it's an edition with more content
For the Swarm!
Wroshe
Profile Joined June 2011
Netherlands1051 Posts
November 26 2011 21:13 GMT
#1600
Both the Witcher I and II are amazing, get them.
Prev 1 78 79 80 81 82 698 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 32m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Zeus 535
Larva 90
Hyun 51
Killer 46
NotJumperer 38
scan(afreeca) 35
Bale 33
ajuk12(nOOB) 19
Hm[arnc] 13
Britney 0
Dota 2
febbydoto121
League of Legends
JimRising 477
Counter-Strike
edward96
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King98
Other Games
summit1g7066
olofmeister852
Coldzera 708
ceh9588
Happy211
Sick156
crisheroes119
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick564
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream30
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• killerbeecast1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2311
League of Legends
• Jankos992
• Stunt356
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
1h 32m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2h 32m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
15h 32m
Patches Events
1d 7h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.