• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:28
CEST 10:28
KST 17:28
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Dating: How's your luck? Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8522 users

PC Games Sales Thread - Page 79

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 77 78 79 80 81 698 Next
ArvickHero
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
10387 Posts
November 26 2011 00:02 GMT
#1561
Think Sanctum 4pack would be worth buying for me and some friends? Pretty cheap w/ the 75% off sale (so its 7.49)
Writerptrk
RA
Profile Joined October 2008
Latvia791 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-26 00:16:43
November 26 2011 00:06 GMT
#1562
On November 26 2011 08:39 Fruscainte wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 26 2011 08:17 RA wrote:
On November 26 2011 07:53 Fruscainte wrote:
On November 26 2011 07:39 RA wrote:
As a newcomer don't buy dated games, just get GTA4 + Episodes from Liberty City, strongly suggested. Pulp Fiction style game with according amounts of humor and good dynamics.



No recommending San Andreas?

What the fuck man

:|


I don't recommend dated games and games I didn't play enough to have proper point about them. Since you're here, you can recommend it.


It's hardly dated. And it's arguably the GTA with the most content in it.

Plus, would you rather be Serbian -- or would you rather be a BUST ASS NIGGAH STRAIGHT OUTTA GROVE STREET?

I think the answer is clear.


What are you on right now? Trollpath? Well as much as you want to be or maybe are black. I would like to stay my color of skin and Serbian situation is closer to me than hood problems. Besides that graphics are dated, you have to be in heavy denial to state otherwise.
Durak
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Canada3685 Posts
November 26 2011 00:23 GMT
#1563
On November 26 2011 09:02 ArvickHero wrote:
Think Sanctum 4pack would be worth buying for me and some friends? Pretty cheap w/ the 75% off sale (so its 7.49)

If you like tower defense games and you like the idea of doing something during the wave (FPS with weakspots on mobs as the equivalent of headshots) then you'll probably like it. I recommend trying out the demo and seeing what you think. Personally, I enjoy the game and I find it a lot more fun with friends.

The one downside I've found with the FPS+tower defense combination is a decrease in overall perspective. In a regular tower defense game, all you're watching is your towers to see which ones are doing well and what sort of mobs you're having trouble with. When you're playing on a challenging difficulty in Sanctum, you have to be focused on aiming for the weakspots in order to increase your total DPS. This results in a narrower perspective where you can't really see how well your individual towers are doing as the wave is going on. You can check out the towers at the end of the wave and see how much total damage they did, but it's not really that telling because some are skewed by being higher level and it's not quite the same.

Lastly, I want to give some advice on the DLC. Some of the DLC add extra towers. If you have the DLC, you can build the tower but if a friend doesn't have it, he can't build the tower or upgrade it during a multiplayer game. Not a big deal but it's what it is. I would also say the the towers are kinda nice to have and for the sale price, they're definitely worth it. There are also DLC that add maps. Only the host needs to own the map DLC. Once hosted, anyone can join your game and play with you, even if they don't have the DLC.
BlackGosu
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Canada1046 Posts
November 26 2011 00:23 GMT
#1564
On November 26 2011 09:06 RA wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 26 2011 08:39 Fruscainte wrote:
On November 26 2011 08:17 RA wrote:
On November 26 2011 07:53 Fruscainte wrote:
On November 26 2011 07:39 RA wrote:
As a newcomer don't buy dated games, just get GTA4 + Episodes from Liberty City, strongly suggested. Pulp Fiction style game with according amounts of humor and good dynamics.



No recommending San Andreas?

What the fuck man

:|


I don't recommend dated games and games I didn't play enough to have proper point about them. Since you're here, you can recommend it.


It's hardly dated. And it's arguably the GTA with the most content in it.

Plus, would you rather be Serbian -- or would you rather be a BUST ASS NIGGAH STRAIGHT OUTTA GROVE STREET?

I think the answer is clear.


What are you on right now? Trollpath? Well as much as you want to be or maybe are black. I would like to stay my color of skin and Serbian situation is closer to me than hood problems. Besides that graphics are dated, you have to be in heavy denial to state otherwise.

lol san andreas is way better than gta4. only thing better in gta4 is graphics
Jar Jar Binks
RA
Profile Joined October 2008
Latvia791 Posts
November 26 2011 00:52 GMT
#1565
On November 26 2011 09:23 BlackGosu wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 26 2011 09:06 RA wrote:
On November 26 2011 08:39 Fruscainte wrote:
On November 26 2011 08:17 RA wrote:
On November 26 2011 07:53 Fruscainte wrote:
On November 26 2011 07:39 RA wrote:
As a newcomer don't buy dated games, just get GTA4 + Episodes from Liberty City, strongly suggested. Pulp Fiction style game with according amounts of humor and good dynamics.



No recommending San Andreas?

What the fuck man

:|


I don't recommend dated games and games I didn't play enough to have proper point about them. Since you're here, you can recommend it.


It's hardly dated. And it's arguably the GTA with the most content in it.

Plus, would you rather be Serbian -- or would you rather be a BUST ASS NIGGAH STRAIGHT OUTTA GROVE STREET?

I think the answer is clear.


What are you on right now? Trollpath? Well as much as you want to be or maybe are black. I would like to stay my color of skin and Serbian situation is closer to me than hood problems. Besides that graphics are dated, you have to be in heavy denial to state otherwise.

lol san andreas is way better than gta4. only thing better in gta4 is graphics


lol then buy it. Like I care... I enjoyed GTA 4 alot and have no problem with it. If you can't take it - your problem.
Fruscainte
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
4596 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-26 01:13:24
November 26 2011 01:11 GMT
#1566
On November 26 2011 09:06 RA wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 26 2011 08:39 Fruscainte wrote:
On November 26 2011 08:17 RA wrote:
On November 26 2011 07:53 Fruscainte wrote:
On November 26 2011 07:39 RA wrote:
As a newcomer don't buy dated games, just get GTA4 + Episodes from Liberty City, strongly suggested. Pulp Fiction style game with according amounts of humor and good dynamics.



No recommending San Andreas?

What the fuck man

:|


I don't recommend dated games and games I didn't play enough to have proper point about them. Since you're here, you can recommend it.


It's hardly dated. And it's arguably the GTA with the most content in it.

Plus, would you rather be Serbian -- or would you rather be a BUST ASS NIGGAH STRAIGHT OUTTA GROVE STREET?

I think the answer is clear.


What are you on right now? Trollpath? Well as much as you want to be or maybe are black. I would like to stay my color of skin and Serbian situation is closer to me than hood problems. Besides that graphics are dated, you have to be in heavy denial to state otherwise.


You're on a Starcraft website saying the fatal flaw to an otherwise fantastic game is the graphics and that's why it should not be played. Just take a second to soak in the irony right there.

Also, no jets in GTA 4 = No go

Got about 100 hours on each (half of those in GTA 4 are with the modified handling.dat...but that's for another day heheeh)
RA
Profile Joined October 2008
Latvia791 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-26 01:32:10
November 26 2011 01:20 GMT
#1567
I didn't ask where I am. Why are you so worried about what I think about a game?
Didn't find any irony because it's not the way you want it to be. But I got your wishful thinking.

I think I realised that somehow I offended fanboyish feelings... well I'm not sorry about that
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
November 26 2011 01:20 GMT
#1568
On November 26 2011 10:11 Fruscainte wrote:
Also, no jets in GTA 4 = No go

In fairness, the jet-flying missions SA are pretty rage-inducing without a joypad. I still liked SA better, but the jet-flying might not necessarily be a plus.
Moderator
Fruscainte
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
4596 Posts
November 26 2011 01:30 GMT
#1569
On November 26 2011 10:20 TheYango wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 26 2011 10:11 Fruscainte wrote:
Also, no jets in GTA 4 = No go

In fairness, the jet-flying missions SA are pretty rage-inducing without a joypad. I still liked SA better, but the jet-flying might not necessarily be a plus.


Hated it at first too, then I switched to WASD/Arrow Keys/Spacebar combination. Oh my lordy that was so much better than mouse.
eatmyshorts5
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States1530 Posts
November 26 2011 01:51 GMT
#1570
Haha, I think I might buy Portal 2 now for the price, though I'm tempted to wait it out till Christmas because it will probably be a lot cheaper then.
BF:BC2 ID: BisuStork//CJ Entusman #32
DystopiaX
Profile Joined October 2010
United States16236 Posts
November 26 2011 03:42 GMT
#1571
On November 26 2011 08:59 Jedclark wrote:
The sales so far have been rather lacklustre, nothing at all like the Steam sales we're used to.

Think this is more of a stopgap for the winter holiday sale, where they can put some of the November releases slightly discounted.
Zidane
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States1692 Posts
November 26 2011 03:58 GMT
#1572
Tempted on Deus Ex, but will probably wait. Hopefully it gets dirt cheaper.
Fruscainte
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
4596 Posts
November 26 2011 04:30 GMT
#1573
On November 26 2011 12:58 Zidane wrote:
Tempted on Deus Ex, but will probably wait. Hopefully it gets dirt cheaper.


Wait for Christmas, it's bound to be much cheaper then.

It's easily the best FPS of the year, and 2nd best RPG of the year (next to Skyrim). So definitely get it when you can.
DystopiaX
Profile Joined October 2010
United States16236 Posts
November 26 2011 05:18 GMT
#1574
On November 26 2011 13:30 Fruscainte wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 26 2011 12:58 Zidane wrote:
Tempted on Deus Ex, but will probably wait. Hopefully it gets dirt cheaper.


Wait for Christmas, it's bound to be much cheaper then.

It's easily the best FPS of the year, and 2nd best RPG of the year (next to Skyrim). So definitely get it when you can.

Wouldn't call it best FPS when the AI is so stupid they'll just stand in doorways and let you gun them down really.
Fruscainte
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
4596 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-26 05:19:53
November 26 2011 05:19 GMT
#1575
On November 26 2011 14:18 DystopiaX wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 26 2011 13:30 Fruscainte wrote:
On November 26 2011 12:58 Zidane wrote:
Tempted on Deus Ex, but will probably wait. Hopefully it gets dirt cheaper.


Wait for Christmas, it's bound to be much cheaper then.

It's easily the best FPS of the year, and 2nd best RPG of the year (next to Skyrim). So definitely get it when you can.

Wouldn't call it best FPS when the AI is so stupid they'll just stand in doorways and let you gun them down really.


Well, I got 50 hours on it so I'm a little biased That and 10 weapons on your bar at once, I just fell in love with it.
DystopiaX
Profile Joined October 2010
United States16236 Posts
November 26 2011 05:28 GMT
#1576
I like the game too, just not as a shooter, or from a real gamplay perspective really.
pachi
Profile Joined October 2006
Melbourne5338 Posts
November 26 2011 07:01 GMT
#1577
On November 26 2011 10:51 eatmyshorts5 wrote:
Haha, I think I might buy Portal 2 now for the price, though I'm tempted to wait it out till Christmas because it will probably be a lot cheaper then.

At least wait a couple days as Portal 2 was 66% off on the first day of sales compared to the current 50% and it was a top seller so it's likely on the final best-of day of sales.
Moderatorpachi fanclub http://goto.tl/6DI9 。◕‿◕。
shindigs
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States4795 Posts
November 26 2011 07:21 GMT
#1578
On November 26 2011 14:19 Fruscainte wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 26 2011 14:18 DystopiaX wrote:
On November 26 2011 13:30 Fruscainte wrote:
On November 26 2011 12:58 Zidane wrote:
Tempted on Deus Ex, but will probably wait. Hopefully it gets dirt cheaper.


Wait for Christmas, it's bound to be much cheaper then.

It's easily the best FPS of the year, and 2nd best RPG of the year (next to Skyrim). So definitely get it when you can.

Wouldn't call it best FPS when the AI is so stupid they'll just stand in doorways and let you gun them down really.


Well, I got 50 hours on it so I'm a little biased That and 10 weapons on your bar at once, I just fell in love with it.


Not if you built a stealth character and you die in 3 shots because you wasted all your praxis on worthless abilities.

fuck i mad
Photographer@shindags || twitch.tv/shindigs
Resilient
Profile Joined June 2010
United Kingdom1431 Posts
November 26 2011 10:31 GMT
#1579
Deus Ex DLC on 50% sale and it's only been out for a month. I really should have trusted my instincts and waited, given that its one of the most expensive DLCs around. Irritating.
DystopiaX
Profile Joined October 2010
United States16236 Posts
November 26 2011 18:02 GMT
#1580
So if I get the Witcher 2 now that it's on sale, would you guys recommend I pick up the first one as well and finish that first/is it necessary to understand and enjoy the second one?

All other sales are pretty meh for me; I'd recommend Deus Ex but I have it already.
Prev 1 77 78 79 80 81 698 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 32m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Zeus 535
Larva 90
Hyun 51
Killer 46
NotJumperer 38
scan(afreeca) 35
Bale 33
ajuk12(nOOB) 19
Hm[arnc] 13
Britney 0
Dota 2
febbydoto121
League of Legends
JimRising 477
Counter-Strike
edward96
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King98
Other Games
summit1g7066
olofmeister852
Coldzera 708
ceh9588
Happy211
Sick156
crisheroes119
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick564
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream30
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• killerbeecast1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2311
League of Legends
• Jankos992
• Stunt356
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
1h 32m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2h 32m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
15h 32m
Patches Events
1d 7h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.