• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:13
CEST 10:13
KST 17:13
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War605.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
TL Sidebar missing streams [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror Rollback Netcode in Brood War Sagi.gg Launcher Released BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7581 users

PC Games Sales Thread - Page 631

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 629 630 631 632 633 698 Next
farvacola
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States18869 Posts
June 21 2015 14:07 GMT
#12601
You could also use it for Freelancer
"when the Dead Kennedys found out they had skinhead fans, they literally wrote a song titled 'Nazi Punks Fuck Off'"
MyrMindservant
Profile Joined October 2013
695 Posts
June 21 2015 14:35 GMT
#12602
On June 21 2015 19:33 rebdomine wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 21 2015 12:47 Enki wrote:
Final haul for the steam sale.

Long Live the Queen - Maybe questionable for some people. I been wanting to get into the visual novel type games on Steam and this was like 2 bucks so yeah.

LISA - It's an RPG made from RPG Maker I heard. Very Earthbound-esque with the way the battle system is. Saw it on a channel I follow on Twitch and looked good.

Morrowind - Yeah I never played it, I know >_> Finally decided to get it even with my backlog. Obviously looking into the overhaul mod whenever I get around to it.

Torchlight II - Already played quite a bit of it. I'd put it right up there with Path of Exile so far, very enjoyable loot simulator.

Hero Siege - Binding of Isaac clone, but it wasn't even a dollar so I picked it up.

One Finger Death Punch - Heard lots of good things about it.

Borderlands 2 GOTY - I enjoyed the first Borderlands so I picked this up too.

Cat Goes Fishing - Yeah......what can I say, it sounded relaxing. Actually had my eyes on this for awhile.

Made out with all this for about $30, pretty happy with this steam sale.



Long Live the Queen is a pretty good introductory VN I would say. And it's actually surprisingly difficult to play.

Long Live the Queen is not really a visual novel, rather it's a Raising Sim or a puzzle game wrapped up in a VN-like package. So I don't think it can be considered a good introduction into the medium.

Enki, if you want to try to get into the visual novels, then you would be better off with one of these:
True Remembrance
Narcissu
Both of them are freeware, fairly short and what I would call a good read.
BoxeR, FanTaSy, Jaedong, Life | White-Ra | Moon || Na'Vi, Wings || ༼ᕤ $◡$ ༽ᕤ MIDAS HIM
Animzor
Profile Joined March 2011
Sweden2154 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-06-21 14:48:52
June 21 2015 14:46 GMT
#12603
Speaking of visual novels, I recommended this game in the Torment thread: 999: Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors. It's the only visual novel I have played but it is mindblowing how good it is.

The story follows Junpei who is abducted and placed aboard an empty, sinking cruise liner along with eight other individuals. They are forced to participate in the "Nonary Game", which involves exploring the ship and solving escape-the-room puzzles. The game follows a branching plot line that concludes in one of six different endings based on the decisions made by the player character. 999 was critically acclaimed, with many critics praising the game's plot.


I recommend everyone to try this game. You just need a DS emulator. I played it on my phone and it was probably the best gaming experience of my life. It's not one of those typical lighthearted anime games though. It's extremely thrilling and unsettling and full of twists.
Faruko
Profile Joined April 2013
Chile34173 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-06-21 14:49:46
June 21 2015 14:49 GMT
#12604
I second what animzor said

999 and the "sequel" (Zero escape: Virtues Last Reward) are both way too good to pass up
Ross was right // "Jesus Christ nahaz is doing shots before my eyes" (Sn0_Man, 2018)
Grettin
Profile Joined April 2010
42417 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-06-21 15:33:41
June 21 2015 14:52 GMT
#12605
wrong thread
"If I had force-fields in Brood War, I'd never lose." -Bisu
MyrMindservant
Profile Joined October 2013
695 Posts
June 21 2015 15:33 GMT
#12606
Btw, both 999: 9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 Doors and its sequel draw many inspirations and elements from another visual novel - Ever17. Zero Escape is especially bad in this regard, it literally copies a lot of stuff from Ever17.
This is not something surprising though, 999 and Zero Escape were written by Uchikoshi Koutarou who also previously worked on Ever17.

But anyhow, my point is, if you are going to read it, you probably should read the original story rather than its imitations.
BoxeR, FanTaSy, Jaedong, Life | White-Ra | Moon || Na'Vi, Wings || ༼ᕤ $◡$ ༽ᕤ MIDAS HIM
Simberto
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Germany12026 Posts
June 21 2015 15:57 GMT
#12607
Regarding VN's, i can also recommend "Analogue - A Hate Story" as an entry to the genre. It's a very disturbing story.
rebdomine
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
6040 Posts
June 21 2015 16:07 GMT
#12608
On June 22 2015 00:57 Simberto wrote:
Regarding VN's, i can also recommend "Analogue - A Hate Story" as an entry to the genre. It's a very disturbing story.


this was one of my first VNs too. If you are getting this, get the sequel "Hate Plus" as well.
"Just because you are correct doesn't mean you are right!"
Faruko
Profile Joined April 2013
Chile34173 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-06-21 16:20:22
June 21 2015 16:19 GMT
#12609
On June 22 2015 00:33 MyrMindservant wrote:
Btw, both 999: 9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 Doors and its sequel draw many inspirations and elements from another visual novel - Ever17. Zero Escape is especially bad in this regard, it literally copies a lot of stuff from Ever17.
This is not something surprising though, 999 and Zero Escape were written by Uchikoshi Koutarou who also previously worked on Ever17.

But anyhow, my point is, if you are going to read it, you probably should read the original story rather than its imitations.

does counts as an imitation if its the sme writer ?
Ross was right // "Jesus Christ nahaz is doing shots before my eyes" (Sn0_Man, 2018)
MyrMindservant
Profile Joined October 2013
695 Posts
June 21 2015 17:04 GMT
#12610
He wasn't the only writer that worked on Ever17.
Anyway, it seems like you misunderstood me a bit. I didn't mean to say that 999 and Zero Escape are just knockoffs, or that they are unworthy per se. I just firmly believe that it is better to experience the original work first.
BoxeR, FanTaSy, Jaedong, Life | White-Ra | Moon || Na'Vi, Wings || ༼ᕤ $◡$ ༽ᕤ MIDAS HIM
Animzor
Profile Joined March 2011
Sweden2154 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-06-21 18:12:29
June 21 2015 18:12 GMT
#12611
On June 22 2015 02:04 MyrMindservant wrote:
He wasn't the only writer that worked on Ever17.
Anyway, it seems like you misunderstood me a bit. I didn't mean to say that 999 and Zero Escape are just knockoffs, or that they are unworthy per se. I just firmly believe that it is better to experience the original work first.


I think it depends on which one is better. I haven't played Ever17 but if 999 is better ,then obviously it is better to play 999 first because of the first impression factor. 999 is such a memorable game and I think if you play a "lesser version" of it first, you might not get the full impact of the better version.

But by all means, play all of them.
Enki
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
United States2548 Posts
June 21 2015 18:46 GMT
#12612
On June 21 2015 23:35 MyrMindservant wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 21 2015 19:33 rebdomine wrote:
On June 21 2015 12:47 Enki wrote:
Final haul for the steam sale.

Long Live the Queen - Maybe questionable for some people. I been wanting to get into the visual novel type games on Steam and this was like 2 bucks so yeah.

LISA - It's an RPG made from RPG Maker I heard. Very Earthbound-esque with the way the battle system is. Saw it on a channel I follow on Twitch and looked good.

Morrowind - Yeah I never played it, I know >_> Finally decided to get it even with my backlog. Obviously looking into the overhaul mod whenever I get around to it.

Torchlight II - Already played quite a bit of it. I'd put it right up there with Path of Exile so far, very enjoyable loot simulator.

Hero Siege - Binding of Isaac clone, but it wasn't even a dollar so I picked it up.

One Finger Death Punch - Heard lots of good things about it.

Borderlands 2 GOTY - I enjoyed the first Borderlands so I picked this up too.

Cat Goes Fishing - Yeah......what can I say, it sounded relaxing. Actually had my eyes on this for awhile.

Made out with all this for about $30, pretty happy with this steam sale.



Long Live the Queen is a pretty good introductory VN I would say. And it's actually surprisingly difficult to play.

Long Live the Queen is not really a visual novel, rather it's a Raising Sim or a puzzle game wrapped up in a VN-like package. So I don't think it can be considered a good introduction into the medium.

Enki, if you want to try to get into the visual novels, then you would be better off with one of these:
True Remembrance
Narcissu
Both of them are freeware, fairly short and what I would call a good read.


Ah cool. I've seen them but I was a bit wary because they were free. Didn't know if they were any good. I heard about VN's for years but only recently got curious about it. I bought Planetarian on Steam during the last sale and while I enjoyed the story quite a bit, although It made me realize that I dislike kinetic novels since I would have liked to make choices during it. Like I said though, I really enjoyed the story of it and I was surprised I liked it so much.
"Practice, practice, practice. And when you're not practicing you should be practicing. It's the only way to get better. The only way." I run the Smix Fanclub!
SkelA
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
Macedonia13090 Posts
June 21 2015 19:15 GMT
#12613
2 steam sales in a row havent bought a single game. Im cured guys !
Stork and KHAN fan till 2012 ...
Faruko
Profile Joined April 2013
Chile34173 Posts
June 21 2015 19:16 GMT
#12614
And of course i end up buying FF13

Fuck you Gaben
Ross was right // "Jesus Christ nahaz is doing shots before my eyes" (Sn0_Man, 2018)
Coppermantis
Profile Joined June 2012
United States845 Posts
June 21 2015 19:26 GMT
#12615
On June 22 2015 01:07 rebdomine wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 22 2015 00:57 Simberto wrote:
Regarding VN's, i can also recommend "Analogue - A Hate Story" as an entry to the genre. It's a very disturbing story.


this was one of my first VNs too. If you are getting this, get the sequel "Hate Plus" as well.



Yeah, I liked Hate Plus even more than Analogue. Just some advice if you do play it, make sure you do *Mute's route before playing the Harem route because the latter spoils some of the emotional impact of the former.

Also, baking a cake may be required if you want all the achievements.

Eden* is also a pretty good VN, as is Dysfunctional Systems, although the latter is only an introduction to a story that won't get finished because the devs really mismanaged their money. Sunrider: Mask of Arcadius is pretty fun with a surprisingly good tactical combat system but also very fanservicey so if that's not your thing then maybe pass on that one.

But yeah, as far as entries to the VN genre go, Analogue/Hate+ and Long Live the Queen are probably good starts. I quite enjoyed both of them, and the latter is actually very difficult to explore all the possible events and plotlines.
LasTLiE
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States428 Posts
June 21 2015 21:19 GMT
#12616
On June 22 2015 04:16 Faruko wrote:
And of course i end up buying FF13

Fuck you Gaben


13 gets a bit more flack than it deserves. It's nothing special, but for ~$8 it's totally fine. The beginning is way too slow, the end has pretty dumb difficulty spike, but the middle bit when you get to the open(ish) area, it's pretty alright. 13-2 is similarly mediocre but with a worse story, but it gets going significantly faster.
"[21:01] kjwcj: i wanna put an aftermarket heatsink on your northbridge, lastlie" http://twitter.com/ThatGuyLastly
F1rstAssau1t
Profile Joined November 2010
1341 Posts
June 21 2015 22:01 GMT
#12617
On June 22 2015 04:15 SkelA wrote:
2 steam sales in a row havent bought a single game. Im cured guys !

How you do that? D:
#1 Kloggmosexual | Gambit 4 lyfe! | DiamondGOD | #iBelieve
ZenithM
Profile Joined February 2011
France15952 Posts
June 22 2015 00:03 GMT
#12618
On June 22 2015 04:15 SkelA wrote:
2 steam sales in a row havent bought a single game. Im cured guys !

I feel like I won't buy anything either sometimes soon. But it's more that I already have everything of interest rather than being cured ;D
ETisME
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
12889 Posts
June 22 2015 00:47 GMT
#12619
On June 22 2015 00:57 Simberto wrote:
Regarding VN's, i can also recommend "Analogue - A Hate Story" as an entry to the genre. It's a very disturbing story.

My first was saya no uta, it was pretty intense :p
其疾如风,其徐如林,侵掠如火,不动如山,难知如阴,动如雷震。
0x64
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
Finland4647 Posts
June 22 2015 11:05 GMT
#12620
I bought Game of Thrones at -50%. Since I was waiting that they release episodes before buying it and WTF, they still haven't finished the game!
At least the stuff is decent
Telltales game's formula has lost a bit of its shine, I should have never replayed the Wolf among us, since it makes you realize that your choice have actually very little consequences. You still feel like you screw up, though even if it's just an illusion.
And also, quicktime event -> craaaaaap.

Story saves all that nega stuff though.
Dump of assembler code from 0xffffffec to 0x64: End of assembler dump.
Prev 1 629 630 631 632 633 698 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 48m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 4541
Leta 2288
BeSt 502
Soulkey 395
Soma 183
Rush 65
ZergMaN 30
Shine 30
Dota 2
XcaliburYe115
League of Legends
JimRising 547
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King55
Other Games
summit1g9329
WinterStarcraft714
Sick248
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV198
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 4
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Sammyuel 35
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2311
League of Legends
• Jankos763
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1h 48m
Patches Events
6h 48m
BSL Open Qualifier
10h 48m
BSL Open Qualifier
10h 48m
OSC
14h 48m
OSC
1d 3h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.