• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:44
CEST 05:44
KST 12:44
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War585.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning? TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8213 users

PC Games Sales Thread - Page 630

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 628 629 630 631 632 698 Next
SkelA
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
Macedonia13090 Posts
June 20 2015 20:03 GMT
#12581
How do you play super hexagon for more than 1 minute and not get a headache in the process ?
Stork and KHAN fan till 2012 ...
solidbebe
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Netherlands4921 Posts
June 20 2015 21:11 GMT
#12582
I dont get it either, just watching someone else play it gives me instant epilepsy
That's the 2nd time in a week I've seen someone sig a quote from this GD and I have never witnessed a sig quote happen in my TL history ever before. -Najda
smr
Profile Joined April 2011
Germany4808 Posts
June 20 2015 21:30 GMT
#12583
It's all about flow.
Faruko
Profile Joined April 2013
Chile34173 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-06-20 21:48:10
June 20 2015 21:47 GMT
#12584
Legend of Grimrock 2
Half Life: Opposing Force & Blue Shift
Castle Crashers
Lords of the Fallen
Strider
Falout New Vegas UE (lacked the DLC)
Dark Souls 2 DX11 Upgrade


Everything for about $55

Ill buy a game or 2 more, im sure of it. (Hand of Fate looks tempting)
Ross was right // "Jesus Christ nahaz is doing shots before my eyes" (Sn0_Man, 2018)
Grettin
Profile Joined April 2010
42417 Posts
June 20 2015 23:45 GMT
#12585
Fallout 3 & New Vegas
Wolfenstein: The New Order + DLC
Deus Ex 1
Dishonored with all the DLCs

~35$. Can't complain.
"If I had force-fields in Brood War, I'd never lose." -Bisu
trifecta
Profile Joined April 2010
United States6795 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-06-21 00:36:04
June 21 2015 00:19 GMT
#12586
revengeance is back on sale yes

ended up with

Revengeance
Ground Zeroes
Ultimate General Gettysburg
Dishonored + DLC

There are a couple more tempting titles, but as a rule I don't buy more than I can play until the next big sale.
Coppermantis
Profile Joined June 2012
United States845 Posts
June 21 2015 00:25 GMT
#12587
I got Crysis 2, The Sims 3, and Dreamfall Chapters. I'm looking at Fault Milestone One too, still have to decide on it since it won't be discounted further. I mean, it's a kinetic novel so essentially a book, and eight dollars is a decent price for a book, so maybe.

Dunno if any of the Sims DLC is worth it. I didn't get any when it was the Flash Sale and now they're pretty expensive even with the general discount. Not sure I want to pay fourteen dollars for what mostly seem to be new careers and stuff.
ZenithM
Profile Joined February 2011
France15952 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-06-21 02:07:26
June 21 2015 01:58 GMT
#12588
Legend of Grimrock 2 for 5.50€ on GOG seems like a great deal!
Picked that one up, and also Don't Starve at 3.50€.
ZenithM
Profile Joined February 2011
France15952 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-06-21 02:09:09
June 21 2015 02:00 GMT
#12589
On June 20 2015 22:27 y0su wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 20 2015 22:20 TheYango wrote:
Papers, Please is definitely a very interesting game, but people have quite varying opinions about whether it's actually fun to play.

I watched TB's WTF is... and it looked interesting. I do worry it wouldn't have much replay value (one of the things I like about FTL is exactly how hard/random it can be).
I bought The Stanley Parable during the winter and got bored of it pretty fast.

You can't really play The Stanley Parable for more than 1 or 2 hours imo :D. That's how much I played and I confirmed later that I had seen most endings.

Edit: Sorry for double posting.
Faruko
Profile Joined April 2013
Chile34173 Posts
June 21 2015 03:24 GMT
#12590
Im this close to buy FF13... Is really that bad as people said ?

I guess that for the price its not a bad value but still, NOT considering the price, is it any goos ?... Did anyone here played the game ? I love FF by the way, but didnt play neither 10 or 12.
Ross was right // "Jesus Christ nahaz is doing shots before my eyes" (Sn0_Man, 2018)
WolfintheSheep
Profile Joined June 2011
Canada14127 Posts
June 21 2015 03:30 GMT
#12591
On June 21 2015 12:24 Faruko wrote:
Im this close to buy FF13... Is really that bad as people said ?

I guess that for the price its not a bad value but still, NOT considering the price, is it any goos ?... Did anyone here played the game ? I love FF by the way, but didnt play neither 10 or 12.

It's really not that bad. Problem is the Final Fantasy name more than anything else.

It's linear, story is somewhat lukewarm, but the gameplay is fluid, flow is good, graphics are good (I think, PC version might've had some issues), combat is experimental but feels solid though not complex. Not bad at $9.00 if you want to buy it.

That said, 13-2 is quite a mess.
Average means I'm better than half of you.
Enki
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
United States2548 Posts
June 21 2015 03:47 GMT
#12592
Final haul for the steam sale.

Long Live the Queen - Maybe questionable for some people. I been wanting to get into the visual novel type games on Steam and this was like 2 bucks so yeah.

LISA - It's an RPG made from RPG Maker I heard. Very Earthbound-esque with the way the battle system is. Saw it on a channel I follow on Twitch and looked good.

Morrowind - Yeah I never played it, I know >_> Finally decided to get it even with my backlog. Obviously looking into the overhaul mod whenever I get around to it.

Torchlight II - Already played quite a bit of it. I'd put it right up there with Path of Exile so far, very enjoyable loot simulator.

Hero Siege - Binding of Isaac clone, but it wasn't even a dollar so I picked it up.

One Finger Death Punch - Heard lots of good things about it.

Borderlands 2 GOTY - I enjoyed the first Borderlands so I picked this up too.

Cat Goes Fishing - Yeah......what can I say, it sounded relaxing. Actually had my eyes on this for awhile.

Made out with all this for about $30, pretty happy with this steam sale.

"Practice, practice, practice. And when you're not practicing you should be practicing. It's the only way to get better. The only way." I run the Smix Fanclub!
DarkPlasmaBall
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States46511 Posts
June 21 2015 03:55 GMT
#12593
On June 21 2015 05:03 SkelA wrote:
How do you play super hexagon for more than 1 minute and not get a headache in the process ?


I haven't played it, but I've watched it and I'm just mesmerized z_z
"There is nothing more satisfying than looking at a crowd of people and helping them get what I love." ~Day[9] Daily #100
chipmonklord17
Profile Joined February 2011
United States11944 Posts
June 21 2015 03:56 GMT
#12594
On June 21 2015 12:24 Faruko wrote:
Im this close to buy FF13... Is really that bad as people said ?

I guess that for the price its not a bad value but still, NOT considering the price, is it any goos ?... Did anyone here played the game ? I love FF by the way, but didnt play neither 10 or 12.


I played 10 and a bit of 7, 8, and 13. Absolutely loved 10 but couldn't force myself to play most of 13. Its painfully boring and I wasn't given any reason to give a shit about the characters IMO. It supposedly gets better after the first half or so but I couldn't make it that far.
Sermokala
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States14211 Posts
June 21 2015 04:56 GMT
#12595
FF 13 has a 60 hour tutorial on how to play the game. the story is pretty good along said tutorial but its a tutorial for that entire time nonetheless. After that you get to the wilds which is a great open world with a lot of really cool things.

but that still requires 60 hours to get through the linear tutorial before getting to the great part.

I could talk for hours about FF12 but even after beating it twice I still don't know if it was good or not. 10 is a very special game. it was the first FF with good 3d and fully voice acted. It met me at a very strange time in my life.
A wise man will say that he knows nothing. We're gona party like its 2752 Hail Dark Brandon
Chocolate
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States2350 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-06-21 06:02:53
June 21 2015 05:51 GMT
#12596
On June 21 2015 05:03 SkelA wrote:
How do you play super hexagon for more than 1 minute and not get a headache in the process ?

just stare at the center and use your peripheral vision to analyze the obstacles. each difficulty has a number of preset "obstacle patterns" so beating each difficulty is mostly a matter of figuring out each pattern. once you begin to recognize those patterns for what they after the initial "oh god the bars are coming in where do I go where do I go" you won't really be getting headaches anymore imo

it's not so bad after a while. after you beat the first one or two you really start to get the hang of it and the next 3-4 levels are really fun until you get to the very last one

that said, rather than giving me a headache the game makes me extremely mad after about 10 minutes of consecutive play time
On June 20 2015 22:36 sacrilegious wrote:
I saw the CS:GO streamer Dizzykitten play Super Hexagon one night. The game feels like you are trippin on acid. I will definitely get that today or tomorrow if the discount stays at 66% or goes higher

lol it's not like tripping on acid at all it's just a twitch/reflex game
Yurie
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
12175 Posts
June 21 2015 08:11 GMT
#12597
On June 21 2015 12:30 WolfintheSheep wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 21 2015 12:24 Faruko wrote:
Im this close to buy FF13... Is really that bad as people said ?

I guess that for the price its not a bad value but still, NOT considering the price, is it any goos ?... Did anyone here played the game ? I love FF by the way, but didnt play neither 10 or 12.

It's really not that bad. Problem is the Final Fantasy name more than anything else.

It's linear, story is somewhat lukewarm, but the gameplay is fluid, flow is good, graphics are good (I think, PC version might've had some issues), combat is experimental but feels solid though not complex. Not bad at $9.00 if you want to buy it.

That said, 13-2 is quite a mess.


PC has mods to upgrade graphics. So better than the PS3 by a large margin. It can stutter in a few places with somewhat low FPS. The PS3 had problems in the same places, so strange they designed it that way.

The game itself is pretty fun for a one time run. Just assume extremely linear RPG/Action/tactical combat mix.
Simberto
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Germany12026 Posts
June 21 2015 10:25 GMT
#12598
That moment when you are seriously contemplating spending at least 50€ for a flight stick (still on the cheap end) for a game you bought for 3€ because it was so cheap and you have good memories of it (Freespace 2)

Are there any other good games i would use a flight stick with throttle for? Of the top of my head i think it might be awesome for Mech Warrior Online, in case that still exists and the X series, of which i own some and which i find to be kinda boring most of the time.

I am not really into flight simulators except for the old-timey-spacey ones like Freespace, X-Wing, Tie-Fighter.
rebdomine
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
6040 Posts
June 21 2015 10:33 GMT
#12599
On June 21 2015 12:47 Enki wrote:
Final haul for the steam sale.

Long Live the Queen - Maybe questionable for some people. I been wanting to get into the visual novel type games on Steam and this was like 2 bucks so yeah.

LISA - It's an RPG made from RPG Maker I heard. Very Earthbound-esque with the way the battle system is. Saw it on a channel I follow on Twitch and looked good.

Morrowind - Yeah I never played it, I know >_> Finally decided to get it even with my backlog. Obviously looking into the overhaul mod whenever I get around to it.

Torchlight II - Already played quite a bit of it. I'd put it right up there with Path of Exile so far, very enjoyable loot simulator.

Hero Siege - Binding of Isaac clone, but it wasn't even a dollar so I picked it up.

One Finger Death Punch - Heard lots of good things about it.

Borderlands 2 GOTY - I enjoyed the first Borderlands so I picked this up too.

Cat Goes Fishing - Yeah......what can I say, it sounded relaxing. Actually had my eyes on this for awhile.

Made out with all this for about $30, pretty happy with this steam sale.



Long Live the Queen is a pretty good introductory VN I would say. And it's actually surprisingly difficult to play.
"Just because you are correct doesn't mean you are right!"
CobaltBlu
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States919 Posts
June 21 2015 14:04 GMT
#12600
On June 21 2015 19:25 Simberto wrote:
That moment when you are seriously contemplating spending at least 50€ for a flight stick (still on the cheap end) for a game you bought for 3€ because it was so cheap and you have good memories of it (Freespace 2)

Are there any other good games i would use a flight stick with throttle for? Of the top of my head i think it might be awesome for Mech Warrior Online, in case that still exists and the X series, of which i own some and which i find to be kinda boring most of the time.

I am not really into flight simulators except for the old-timey-spacey ones like Freespace, X-Wing, Tie-Fighter.


You could use it for Elite: Dangerous.
Prev 1 628 629 630 631 632 698 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 6h 17m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 252
FoxeR 33
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 3875
Leta 1976
Bale 52
Shine 26
Icarus 5
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm197
Other Games
summit1g8402
JimRising 568
WinterStarcraft468
ViBE157
Mew2King24
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick670
BasetradeTV189
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• davetesta22
• Letter1412
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo791
Other Games
• Scarra1061
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6h 17m
Patches Events
11h 17m
BSL Open Qualifier
15h 17m
BSL Open Qualifier
15h 17m
OSC
19h 17m
OSC
1d 8h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.