• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:08
CEST 07:08
KST 14:08
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon101Weekly Cups (Aug 30-Sep 7): herO thrives amid growing schism10
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) Blizzard Classic Cup @ BlizzCon 2026 - $100k prize pool The Death of Cheese: From a Professional Cheeser
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ StarCraft Human 'N' AI League
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10198 users

Battlefield 3 - Page 136

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 134 135 136 137 138 491 Next
PepperoniPiZZa
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Sierra Leone1660 Posts
September 30 2011 06:19 GMT
#2701
On September 30 2011 14:45 iinsom wrote:
LOL

Theres a way to get around the server password check for caspian border servers if you're running google Chrome.

+ Show Spoiler +
hit CTRL+SHIFT+J

paste this:

launcher.verifyPassword = function(game, gameServerGuid, plaintextPassword, callback) { callback(true); }


and hit enter. Click a server, click join, when it asks for a password leave it blank and hit submit.


This works, thanks!
Quote?
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
September 30 2011 06:20 GMT
#2702
On September 30 2011 15:19 PepperoniPiZZa wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 30 2011 14:45 iinsom wrote:
LOL

Theres a way to get around the server password check for caspian border servers if you're running google Chrome.

+ Show Spoiler +
hit CTRL+SHIFT+J

paste this:

launcher.verifyPassword = function(game, gameServerGuid, plaintextPassword, callback) { callback(true); }


and hit enter. Click a server, click join, when it asks for a password leave it blank and hit submit.


This works, thanks!



UGHHHH NOW I GOTTA DOWNLOAD CHROME

This will help serejai 100%
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Kyhol
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Canada2575 Posts
September 30 2011 06:20 GMT
#2703
I had to turn the game off after playing the beta for 5 minutes. The map was too small, everyone just laid down in bushes and was rarely aggressive. I think I'll wait for the game to come out, that session wasn't remotely entertaining.
Wishing you well.
Soulfire
Profile Joined September 2010
United States237 Posts
September 30 2011 06:23 GMT
#2704
On September 30 2011 15:20 Kyhol wrote:
I had to turn the game off after playing the beta for 5 minutes. The map was too small, everyone just laid down in bushes and was rarely aggressive. I think I'll wait for the game to come out, that session wasn't remotely entertaining.


Pretty hard to be get used to a game and be entertained in 5 minutes.
◕ http://kiwiclonearmy.sadlife.net/ ◕
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
September 30 2011 06:23 GMT
#2705
On September 30 2011 15:20 Kyhol wrote:
I had to turn the game off after playing the beta for 5 minutes. The map was too small, everyone just laid down in bushes and was rarely aggressive. I think I'll wait for the game to come out, that session wasn't remotely entertaining.


Good job on judging a book by its cover.
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
iinsom
Profile Joined December 2010
Australia339 Posts
September 30 2011 06:26 GMT
#2706
On September 30 2011 15:20 Kyhol wrote:
I had to turn the game off after playing the beta for 5 minutes. The map was too small, everyone just laid down in bushes and was rarely aggressive. I think I'll wait for the game to come out, that session wasn't remotely entertaining.


Damn, less cannon fodder for me
Karliath
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States2214 Posts
September 30 2011 06:29 GMT
#2707
Playing on Caspian right now...

How much do bullets drop? I had no problem with it on Metro, but I can't seem to hit anyone on Caspian, as a sniper. I only did it once, and that was aiming right at his chest from a long long way away.
Latham
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
9592 Posts
September 30 2011 06:36 GMT
#2708
After 5h of play and reaching lv 10, my verdict is: not worth it. If I'd want a glorified campfest and proning through the whole map I'd go play CoD. Fucking shooters becoming too realistic. Next time why don't you add electrodes connected to the player to simulate death pain? I'm sure that will be a big hit too with this crowd.
For the curse of life is the curse of want. PC = https://be.pcpartpicker.com/user/LathamTK/builds/#view=CrqmP6
Infernal_dream
Profile Joined September 2011
United States2359 Posts
September 30 2011 06:37 GMT
#2709
On September 30 2011 15:29 Karliath wrote:
Playing on Caspian right now...

How much do bullets drop? I had no problem with it on Metro, but I can't seem to hit anyone on Caspian, as a sniper. I only did it once, and that was aiming right at his chest from a long long way away.


Even in metro I've noticed that it drops slightly. Even over short distances (probably like 500 meters or so). Does the scope you're using have tick marks underneath the center cross? Just try going one tick mark at a time till you get hits and try to judge distance.
DanceCommander
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
United States1808 Posts
September 30 2011 06:41 GMT
#2710
im streaming if anyone wants to watch

http://www.own3d.tv/live/54127/kingsof1300
freddievercetti
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
224 Posts
September 30 2011 06:41 GMT
#2711
On September 30 2011 15:36 Latham wrote:
After 5h of play and reaching lv 10, my verdict is: not worth it. If I'd want a glorified campfest and proning through the whole map I'd go play CoD. Fucking shooters becoming too realistic. Next time why don't you add electrodes connected to the player to simulate death pain? I'm sure that will be a big hit too with this crowd.


Are you guys judging from playing the Metro map? If so it is pretty shit. Well ok I retract that but its not Battlefield experience, its from Bad Company 2's rush style mode. You gotta get into the Caspian Border servers for big fun, that's where the money's at.
udgnim
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States8024 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-30 06:46:25
September 30 2011 06:45 GMT
#2712
On September 30 2011 15:36 Latham wrote:
After 5h of play and reaching lv 10, my verdict is: not worth it. If I'd want a glorified campfest and proning through the whole map I'd go play CoD. Fucking shooters becoming too realistic. Next time why don't you add electrodes connected to the player to simulate death pain? I'm sure that will be a big hit too with this crowd.


the issue is Operation Metro and perhaps the nature of Rush mode because it is much easier to predict where people will come from

in Conquest, it is much harder to predict where people will be coming from unless 1 team has taken most or all of the capture points

too bad DICE idiotically chose Operation Metro to be the featured beta map. imo, its not even worthy of being in BF3.
E-Sports is competitive video gaming with a spectator fan base. Do not take the word "Sports" literally.
Neurosis
Profile Joined October 2010
United States893 Posts
September 30 2011 06:51 GMT
#2713
On September 30 2011 15:36 Latham wrote:
After 5h of play and reaching lv 10, my verdict is: not worth it. If I'd want a glorified campfest and proning through the whole map I'd go play CoD. Fucking shooters becoming too realistic. Next time why don't you add electrodes connected to the player to simulate death pain? I'm sure that will be a big hit too with this crowd.


Agreed 100 percent. It's not fun at all and it takes no skill. Once you learn the map and you get a feel for the best places to camp you start to 'own' it up. Very boring, just like CoD.
askTeivospy
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
1525 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-30 06:54:46
September 30 2011 06:52 GMT
#2714
On September 30 2011 15:20 Kyhol wrote:
I had to turn the game off after playing the beta for 5 minutes. The map was too small, everyone just laid down in bushes and was rarely aggressive. I think I'll wait for the game to come out, that session wasn't remotely entertaining.


rofl stay e z kyhol

On September 30 2011 15:51 Neurosis wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 30 2011 15:36 Latham wrote:
After 5h of play and reaching lv 10, my verdict is: not worth it. If I'd want a glorified campfest and proning through the whole map I'd go play CoD. Fucking shooters becoming too realistic. Next time why don't you add electrodes connected to the player to simulate death pain? I'm sure that will be a big hit too with this crowd.


Agreed 100 percent. It's not fun at all and it takes no skill. Once you learn the map and you get a feel for the best places to camp you start to 'own' it up. Very boring, just like CoD.


seriously, its a beta of a single map which is far removed from what BF is about. Even then its a good map for infantry. IMO a lot of you whiners are just inherently *bad* and expect to run out in the open and be able to take a full clip from 5 enemies before you die. Play Smart or stay free points


PS:
Google chrome thing i'll try thanks!!
hihihi
blade55555
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States17423 Posts
September 30 2011 06:53 GMT
#2715
On September 30 2011 15:41 freddievercetti wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 30 2011 15:36 Latham wrote:
After 5h of play and reaching lv 10, my verdict is: not worth it. If I'd want a glorified campfest and proning through the whole map I'd go play CoD. Fucking shooters becoming too realistic. Next time why don't you add electrodes connected to the player to simulate death pain? I'm sure that will be a big hit too with this crowd.


Are you guys judging from playing the Metro map? If so it is pretty shit. Well ok I retract that but its not Battlefield experience, its from Bad Company 2's rush style mode. You gotta get into the Caspian Border servers for big fun, that's where the money's at.


This. Honestly Dice is so silly to have operation metro as the beta map. I am guessing they do it for the cod people who are trying it out as that is normally their prefered style of play, smaller map and more close quarters combat.

Luckily the conquest maps that are 32 vs 32 at least caspian is fucking epic and i'm lagging with 20 fps is all I get on that map. I can only imagine with a more optimized no memory leaks and more then 20 servers that 1k + people are trying to get into it will be way more epic and with other maps to. Conquest is where this game is at seriously don't judge it from operation metro or I would agree with you.
When I think of something else, something will go here
Keitzer
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States2509 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-30 06:58:55
September 30 2011 06:58 GMT
#2716
Is anyone having trouble joining? It's stuck at "Joining Server..."
I'm like badass squared | KeitZer.489
Kyhol
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Canada2575 Posts
September 30 2011 07:01 GMT
#2717
On September 30 2011 15:23 Torte de Lini wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 30 2011 15:20 Kyhol wrote:
I had to turn the game off after playing the beta for 5 minutes. The map was too small, everyone just laid down in bushes and was rarely aggressive. I think I'll wait for the game to come out, that session wasn't remotely entertaining.


Good job on judging a book by its cover.

It's a beta.
Wishing you well.
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-30 07:03:07
September 30 2011 07:01 GMT
#2718
Honestly, Rush isn't a bad mode.
The map is just terrible. You either love it or hate it. The first part of Metro is absolutely atrocious, you got foliage, foliage, burning car, burning vehicle, smoke, smoke, island on the right and then you have outlining bushes by the edge of the map and then some shaded rocks for more hiding and sniping.

I don't even think Dora the fucking Explorer would want to go through that stupid map.

Then the metro part loosens up and reminds me of Metro 2033 with enemies on one side and allies on the other. The corridors are very narrow but then you have the tracks area to open it up a bit. Everything is near level-headed so it's not that bad and becomes a real game of tug-of-war.

Then you have the most convoluted stupid narrow hallways in the fucking game. Take a left? Nope, guy on the fucking right of the forked passage wrecks you and your friend and that tag-along in the back who doesn't know which way is up.

Stairs
Stairs
Escalators
Stairs

Then you have a bum-rush for the last inside-A/B points and more rocket spams and wall-hugging to avoid fire.

And then the last point is sniper heaven where the defenders are about three stories BELOW the attackers who get all the windows who are perfectly angled just above the protective barricades that you crouch behind, not too mention that the last points are so close to the spawning location for defenders, making spawning and running to point B fun target practice for Attackers.

Did I mention that every 10 feet of the game, there's a 90 degree turn of the wall, allowing anyone to hide there and just shotgun you for a free kill?
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
XerrolAvengerII
Profile Joined January 2010
United States510 Posts
September 30 2011 07:04 GMT
#2719
On September 30 2011 15:20 Kyhol wrote:
I had to turn the game off after playing the beta for 5 minutes. The map was too small, everyone just laid down in bushes and was rarely aggressive. I think I'll wait for the game to come out, that session wasn't remotely entertaining.


This is exactly the same way i felt, even though i spent 2 hours instead of 5 minutes...
I used to think that arma 2 had the most retarded clunky controls of any first person shooter, then I tried battle field 3 and got a serious lesson in "be careful what you wish for"...

All together, i felt that my soldier was too drunk to tie his ^&*(ing shoes, much less fire a gun with any percision... Starting from level 1 I felt the noob handicaps bash me over the head going 3 and 12 my first game after having respectable success in the other battle field games and fps games in general...

Trying to figure out my controls and make a choice between turning raw mouse input on and off made up my first glorious death streak as you can't actually do ANYTHING unless your in a game, and unless your actually alive... I guess that's just another penalty for death.

Beyond that, I felt really frustrated in teh several moments when i would sight down the pointy junk on top of my gun and aim at what I KNEW was enemies... so i would tag them Q and what not, but I couldn't actually hit people for shit, regardless of whether i was being conservative and throwing one lead dart at a time, or just dumping the whole bucket of bullets in a 30 foot circle around their face.

Grenades feel completely useless, and If you have any dislike of them from their effective counterparts in other games, than you will LOVE their absence... RPGs, well they're existence is diminished by the REMOVAL of destruction 2.0 down to nearly NOTHING being destructible at all... so much for maps being dynamic...

And to top it all off, when I finally did break through my suffering loses and attached some shitty Russian looking thing to the top of my beautiful k-something or other... I sighted in and my frames per second literally shoved my face into a toilet...

The kits and class based roles feel completely absent (in effect, despite them distinguishing the weapon choices... which also feel completely pointless being that there is no easily found system of comparison)

ALL in ALL, the 2 hours of game time and the 1 hour bashing my head against EA Origins was quite possibly so terrible I would much rather have been studying for the silly foriegn language test I have the next day... so thank you EA for piquing my interest, only to find that there never was any cake in the box to begin with... F#$%YOU!
Hey! Hey! Can I interest you in some fruit? Would you like a Banana!?...
udgnim
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States8024 Posts
September 30 2011 07:05 GMT
#2720
so watching some guy on stream in subway section with shotgun

SHOTGUN IS GODLY
E-Sports is competitive video gaming with a spectator fan base. Do not take the word "Sports" literally.
Prev 1 134 135 136 137 138 491 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
00:00
2026 GSTL: Grand Finals
CranKy Ducklings128
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
23:00
OSC Masters Cup #151 Qualifier
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
NeuroSwarm 184
StarCraft: Brood War
hero 269
BeSt 220
soO 49
sorry 44
Mind 27
Bale 18
Terrorterran 15
Noble 10
yabsab 7
ZergMaN 7
[ Show more ]
Icarus 6
Dota 2
monkeys_forever1003
League of Legends
JimRising 712
Counter-Strike
taco 383
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King180
Other Games
summit1g9711
Maynarde191
RuFF_SC2120
ArmadaUGS37
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick501
StarCraft: Brood War
Kim Chul Min (afreeca) 7
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH331
• Hupsaiya 115
• practicex 31
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2120
League of Legends
• Rush1043
• Stunt346
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
4h 52m
Soma vs Jaedong
WardiTV Weekly
5h 52m
Monday Night Weeklies
10h 52m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 4h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 4h
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 18h
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
FEL
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.