• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:52
CEST 07:52
KST 14:52
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon102Weekly Cups (Aug 30-Sep 7): herO thrives amid growing schism10
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) Blizzard Classic Cup @ BlizzCon 2026 - $100k prize pool
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ StarCraft Human 'N' AI League
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 12112 users

Battlefield 3 - Page 134

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 132 133 134 135 136 491 Next
xXdom
Profile Joined January 2011
United States20 Posts
September 30 2011 03:11 GMT
#2661
On September 30 2011 11:04 Soulfire wrote:
Not a huge fan of how slow jets are atm, seem to be far slower than they were in BF2.


That coupled with no fly-by cam = sadface. Being able to fly in the 3rd person was mostly what separated trash from decent pilots in BF2. Permanent cockpit is also pretty obnoxious.

On September 30 2011 11:27 Laids wrote:

Personally I think the jets were too fast in bf2, Made is much harder to have awesome dog fights because of how little turning/firing time you had.


There were plenty of amazing dogfights in BF2, it just usually required both pilots to be adept at actually dogfighting, which 99% of the population was not =p
Candadar
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
2049 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-30 03:27:26
September 30 2011 03:24 GMT
#2662
On September 30 2011 12:10 crms wrote:
can't believe this is what passes as a 'good' game these days. I know it's beta but get real, this is bad, bad, bad. Improvements to graphics and never to game play, no wonder mainstream games continue to blow. /gets back to SC2.



If you honestly don't think this gameplay is a -massive- increase over the likes of BC2, you are delusional or purposely lying to yourself.

Besides, if all I got was a BF2 clone with super enhanced graphics and a new engine I would be super excited with that alone. However, this game is turning out to be a very, very good game potentially.

What's with all the negative Nancie's in here?

You shouldn't make an opinion on this game until you played at least two full games on Caspian Border, in my opinion.
soullogik
Profile Joined April 2010
United States1171 Posts
September 30 2011 03:26 GMT
#2663
On September 30 2011 12:24 Candadar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 30 2011 12:10 crms wrote:
can't believe this is what passes as a 'good' game these days. I know it's beta but get real, this is bad, bad, bad. Improvements to graphics and never to game play, no wonder mainstream games continue to blow. /gets back to SC2.



If you honestly don't think this gameplay is a -massive- increase over the likes of BC2, you are delusional or purposely lying to yourself.

Besides, if all I got was a BF2 clone with super enhanced graphics and a new engine I would be super excited with that alone. However, this game is turning out to be a very, very good game potentially.

What's with all the negative Nancie's in here?


cod corroded their minds with mindless trigger pulling.

the idea of actually having to think, sends them running scared
young ho
Merkd
Profile Joined May 2011
88 Posts
September 30 2011 03:28 GMT
#2664
Is there a way to join a que for the servers instead of having to spam join server for ages...?
They fill you with false hopes, they speak visions from their own minds.
Candadar
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
2049 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-30 03:31:10
September 30 2011 03:28 GMT
#2665
On September 30 2011 12:26 soullogik wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 30 2011 12:24 Candadar wrote:
On September 30 2011 12:10 crms wrote:
can't believe this is what passes as a 'good' game these days. I know it's beta but get real, this is bad, bad, bad. Improvements to graphics and never to game play, no wonder mainstream games continue to blow. /gets back to SC2.



If you honestly don't think this gameplay is a -massive- increase over the likes of BC2, you are delusional or purposely lying to yourself.

Besides, if all I got was a BF2 clone with super enhanced graphics and a new engine I would be super excited with that alone. However, this game is turning out to be a very, very good game potentially.

What's with all the negative Nancie's in here?


cod corroded their minds with mindless trigger pulling.

the idea of actually having to think, sends them running scared


You see, I could mindlessly throw out baseless stereotypes too.

Of course this game does not have the same "thinking level" and "strategy" to that of Red Orchestra 2 or Osfront (which are my favorite games as of now in terms of MP shooters) but neither was Battlefield 2, on that token.

But I digress:

You shouldn't make an opinion on this game until you played at least two full games on Caspian Border, in my opinion.


Operation Metro is no real indication of this game.
dranko
Profile Joined April 2010
Sweden378 Posts
September 30 2011 03:31 GMT
#2666
On September 30 2011 12:28 Merkd wrote:
Is there a way to join a que for the servers instead of having to spam join server for ages...?


They will add this in the future no doubt, but doesn't seem like it right now.
Candadar
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
2049 Posts
September 30 2011 03:32 GMT
#2667
On September 30 2011 12:31 dranko wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 30 2011 12:28 Merkd wrote:
Is there a way to join a que for the servers instead of having to spam join server for ages...?


They will add this in the future no doubt, but doesn't seem like it right now.


There is a -lot- of stuff confirmed to be happening, especially for the server browser, that is not already implemented.
DarthXX
Profile Joined September 2010
Australia998 Posts
September 30 2011 03:58 GMT
#2668
On September 30 2011 11:46 Candadar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 30 2011 11:40 Karliath wrote:
What's the current password for Caspian Border?


No idea, I had the last two but I stopped caring after I had a solid ~5 hours playing on it.

I really felt like I was playing BF2 again when I was banking a Jet and looked out and then saw it:

Dozens of people fighting all across the map. AA guns shooting into the air like crazy, tanks moving on positions and massive infantry battles that would last for minutes. I mean, it was just so fucking good, I'm hyped man.

Show nested quote +
On September 30 2011 11:45 DarthXX wrote:
I have not played BF since BF1942 and I am disappointed in this >< where are all the vehicles? Stuck playing attack and defend on a gay ass map and getting sniped in 3 seconds after spawning.


On Caspian Border. Which a lot of players can't access right now.

Also, if you are getting "constantly sniped" you are just simply bad. Don't blame the game. I am going 20-5ish every single game on average on Operation Metro on Assault, don't even get me started on Defense. People are over sniping sometimes, yes, but it's by no means a problem nor will it be because it's so rarely happening.

Trust me, when everyone gets to play on Caspian Border you will get your plethora of vehicles.


Its just hyperbole, I can stand in a building to get KD ratio up too, its just not very fun. Will just not play until I can play on a real battlefield map.
Candadar
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
2049 Posts
September 30 2011 04:08 GMT
#2669
On September 30 2011 12:58 DarthXX wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 30 2011 11:46 Candadar wrote:
On September 30 2011 11:40 Karliath wrote:
What's the current password for Caspian Border?


No idea, I had the last two but I stopped caring after I had a solid ~5 hours playing on it.

I really felt like I was playing BF2 again when I was banking a Jet and looked out and then saw it:

Dozens of people fighting all across the map. AA guns shooting into the air like crazy, tanks moving on positions and massive infantry battles that would last for minutes. I mean, it was just so fucking good, I'm hyped man.

On September 30 2011 11:45 DarthXX wrote:
I have not played BF since BF1942 and I am disappointed in this >< where are all the vehicles? Stuck playing attack and defend on a gay ass map and getting sniped in 3 seconds after spawning.


On Caspian Border. Which a lot of players can't access right now.

Also, if you are getting "constantly sniped" you are just simply bad. Don't blame the game. I am going 20-5ish every single game on average on Operation Metro on Assault, don't even get me started on Defense. People are over sniping sometimes, yes, but it's by no means a problem nor will it be because it's so rarely happening.

Trust me, when everyone gets to play on Caspian Border you will get your plethora of vehicles.

I can stand in a building to get KD ratio up too


...Implying I sat around in a building to get my KD ratio? It's called not sucking bro.

._.
SneakyAZN
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States200 Posts
September 30 2011 04:09 GMT
#2670
Playing on Caspian!!!! OMG jets are slow T_T
Candadar
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
2049 Posts
September 30 2011 04:13 GMT
#2671
On September 30 2011 13:09 SneakyAZN wrote:
Playing on Caspian!!!! OMG jets are slow T_T


Yeah, that's my one gripe right now. I do hope they listen and speed them up a bit, at least on PC's for those of us that actually care over here. I understand why they did it, but I'm moving slower than Helicopters sometimes it seems.
dranko
Profile Joined April 2010
Sweden378 Posts
September 30 2011 04:17 GMT
#2672
You can use your afterburner with shift in case you didn't know.
TigerKarl
Profile Joined November 2010
1757 Posts
September 30 2011 04:18 GMT
#2673
Well from playing the subway map i can say that i like the feeling of the engine. That's the main thing for being a good shooter, at least for me.
I think i'll preorder now.
dranko
Profile Joined April 2010
Sweden378 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-30 04:25:10
September 30 2011 04:24 GMT
#2674
On September 30 2011 13:18 TigerKarl wrote:
Well from playing the subway map i can say that i like the feeling of the engine. That's the main thing for being a good shooter, at least for me.
I think i'll preorder now.


Once you get to experience some serious combined arms combat you'll like it even more. I to really like the "feel" of the weapons and movement right now. Huge improvement from earlier games, because let's face it, Infantry combat has never been BF's strong suit. Hit registration needs some looking over, and there need to be some balance changes, but other than that I think it's really solid, especially for a game that is so much more than just a shooter.
DarthXX
Profile Joined September 2010
Australia998 Posts
September 30 2011 04:30 GMT
#2675
On September 30 2011 13:08 Candadar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 30 2011 12:58 DarthXX wrote:
On September 30 2011 11:46 Candadar wrote:
On September 30 2011 11:40 Karliath wrote:
What's the current password for Caspian Border?


No idea, I had the last two but I stopped caring after I had a solid ~5 hours playing on it.

I really felt like I was playing BF2 again when I was banking a Jet and looked out and then saw it:

Dozens of people fighting all across the map. AA guns shooting into the air like crazy, tanks moving on positions and massive infantry battles that would last for minutes. I mean, it was just so fucking good, I'm hyped man.

On September 30 2011 11:45 DarthXX wrote:
I have not played BF since BF1942 and I am disappointed in this >< where are all the vehicles? Stuck playing attack and defend on a gay ass map and getting sniped in 3 seconds after spawning.


On Caspian Border. Which a lot of players can't access right now.

Also, if you are getting "constantly sniped" you are just simply bad. Don't blame the game. I am going 20-5ish every single game on average on Operation Metro on Assault, don't even get me started on Defense. People are over sniping sometimes, yes, but it's by no means a problem nor will it be because it's so rarely happening.

Trust me, when everyone gets to play on Caspian Border you will get your plethora of vehicles.

I can stand in a building to get KD ratio up too


...Implying I sat around in a building to get my KD ratio? It's called not sucking bro.

._.

Perhaps, yet I havn't played an FPS in about 6 years and can still sit in a building to get a nice KD ratio ^_^.

What I'm curious about is how people are glitching into the floors, I've seen it a few times where people are inside the floor shooting up killing people, but you can't shoot back at them O.o
askTeivospy
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
1525 Posts
September 30 2011 04:31 GMT
#2676
my only real problem is spotting to be honest, damage values seem good but spotting is fucking annoying. and the cover thing doesnt work to remove it
hihihi
tuho12345
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
4482 Posts
September 30 2011 04:35 GMT
#2677
This Origin is the most stupid shit I've ever seen in my entire life. Who gives a shit about matching on web browser but not in the actual game? Why am I waiting here after download Origin, bunch of component and add on for the website and now it just keep saying matchmaking for 30 mins already?
blade55555
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States17423 Posts
September 30 2011 04:37 GMT
#2678
On September 30 2011 13:35 tuho12345 wrote:
This Origin is the most stupid shit I've ever seen in my entire life. Who gives a shit about matching on web browser but not in the actual game? Why am I waiting here after download Origin, bunch of component and add on for the website and now it just keep saying matchmaking for 30 mins already?


don't do match making, custom look is so much superior imo.
When I think of something else, something will go here
askTeivospy
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
1525 Posts
September 30 2011 04:38 GMT
#2679
On September 30 2011 12:11 xXdom wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 30 2011 11:04 Soulfire wrote:
Not a huge fan of how slow jets are atm, seem to be far slower than they were in BF2.


That coupled with no fly-by cam = sadface. Being able to fly in the 3rd person was mostly what separated trash from decent pilots in BF2. Permanent cockpit is also pretty obnoxious.

Show nested quote +
On September 30 2011 11:27 Laids wrote:

Personally I think the jets were too fast in bf2, Made is much harder to have awesome dog fights because of how little turning/firing time you had.


There were plenty of amazing dogfights in BF2, it just usually required both pilots to be adept at actually dogfighting, which 99% of the population was not =p


Jets in BF2 were joke overpowered FYI, not some glorious work of art

Jets in BF3 are underpowered tho imo
hihihi
dranko
Profile Joined April 2010
Sweden378 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-30 04:40:08
September 30 2011 04:39 GMT
#2680


In case someone wants to check out Caspian but can't get on a server.
Prev 1 132 133 134 135 136 491 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
00:00
2026 GSTL: Grand Finals
CranKy Ducklings102
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
23:00
OSC Masters Cup #151 Qualifier
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
NeuroSwarm 175
StarCraft: Brood War
soO 432
hero 380
BeSt 255
Mind 33
Terrorterran 25
Bale 22
Noble 13
ZergMaN 10
yabsab 8
Icarus 5
Dota 2
monkeys_forever1099
League of Legends
JimRising 672
Counter-Strike
taco 379
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King142
Other Games
summit1g9241
Maynarde175
ArmadaUGS46
Livibee20
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick504
StarCraft: Brood War
Kim Chul Min (afreeca) 9
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH347
• practicex 35
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 5
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2228
League of Legends
• Rush1428
• Stunt397
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
4h 8m
Soma vs Jaedong
WardiTV Weekly
5h 8m
Monday Night Weeklies
10h 8m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 4h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 4h
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 18h
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
FEL
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.