• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:08
CEST 07:08
KST 14:08
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon101Weekly Cups (Aug 30-Sep 7): herO thrives amid growing schism10
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) Blizzard Classic Cup @ BlizzCon 2026 - $100k prize pool The Death of Cheese: From a Professional Cheeser
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ StarCraft Human 'N' AI League
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10198 users

Battlefield 3 - Page 137

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 135 136 137 138 139 491 Next
blade55555
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States17423 Posts
September 30 2011 07:09 GMT
#2721
oh man their updating battlefield hope its done soon I want to play!
When I think of something else, something will go here
XerrolAvengerII
Profile Joined January 2010
United States510 Posts
September 30 2011 07:11 GMT
#2722
On September 30 2011 16:05 udgnim wrote:
so watching some guy on stream in subway section with shotgun

SHOTGUN IS GODLY


You sir, are a criminal... I hope they put you on death row!
Hey! Hey! Can I interest you in some fruit? Would you like a Banana!?...
soullogik
Profile Joined April 2010
United States1171 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-30 07:11:59
September 30 2011 07:11 GMT
#2723
On September 30 2011 16:04 XerrolAvengerII wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 30 2011 15:20 Kyhol wrote:
I had to turn the game off after playing the beta for 5 minutes. The map was too small, everyone just laid down in bushes and was rarely aggressive. I think I'll wait for the game to come out, that session wasn't remotely entertaining.


This is exactly the same way i felt, even though i spent 2 hours instead of 5 minutes...
I used to think that arma 2 had the most retarded clunky controls of any first person shooter, then I tried battle field 3 and got a serious lesson in "be careful what you wish for"...

All together, i felt that my soldier was too drunk to tie his ^&*(ing shoes, much less fire a gun with any percision... Starting from level 1 I felt the noob handicaps bash me over the head going 3 and 12 my first game after having respectable success in the other battle field games and fps games in general...

Trying to figure out my controls and make a choice between turning raw mouse input on and off made up my first glorious death streak as you can't actually do ANYTHING unless your in a game, and unless your actually alive... I guess that's just another penalty for death.

Beyond that, I felt really frustrated in teh several moments when i would sight down the pointy junk on top of my gun and aim at what I KNEW was enemies... so i would tag them Q and what not, but I couldn't actually hit people for shit, regardless of whether i was being conservative and throwing one lead dart at a time, or just dumping the whole bucket of bullets in a 30 foot circle around their face.

Grenades feel completely useless, and If you have any dislike of them from their effective counterparts in other games, than you will LOVE their absence... RPGs, well they're existence is diminished by the REMOVAL of destruction 2.0 down to nearly NOTHING being destructible at all... so much for maps being dynamic...

And to top it all off, when I finally did break through my suffering loses and attached some shitty Russian looking thing to the top of my beautiful k-something or other... I sighted in and my frames per second literally shoved my face into a toilet...

The kits and class based roles feel completely absent (in effect, despite them distinguishing the weapon choices... which also feel completely pointless being that there is no easily found system of comparison)

ALL in ALL, the 2 hours of game time and the 1 hour bashing my head against EA Origins was quite possibly so terrible I would much rather have been studying for the silly foriegn language test I have the next day... so thank you EA for piquing my interest, only to find that there never was any cake in the box to begin with... F#$%YOU!
so your not very good at shooters.

no worries, gl in ur future endeavors
young ho
RaLakedaimon
Profile Joined August 2010
United States1564 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-30 07:14:48
September 30 2011 07:11 GMT
#2724
Can someone tell my why my game runs better on 1600x900 resolution compared to 1280x720? I play on all settings low or off if available. i3 540 cpu/hd 5770 gpu edit-To the dude saying the game felt like crap I think you just need to be positive and adjust to how things are changing, I didn't like it at first but now I love it oh and grenades are awesome also all iron sights are very easy to acquire targets with and even sometimes more so than scopes,etc. Sad to see you don't like it. :/
zoLo
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
United States5896 Posts
September 30 2011 07:13 GMT
#2725
On September 30 2011 16:11 XerrolAvengerII wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 30 2011 16:05 udgnim wrote:
so watching some guy on stream in subway section with shotgun

SHOTGUN IS GODLY


You sir, are a criminal... I hope they put you on death row!


As long I don't die half a map away from a far ranged shotgun, then I'm fine with it.
Miss_Cleo
Profile Joined March 2010
United States406 Posts
September 30 2011 07:15 GMT
#2726
On September 30 2011 16:04 XerrolAvengerII wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 30 2011 15:20 Kyhol wrote:
I had to turn the game off after playing the beta for 5 minutes. The map was too small, everyone just laid down in bushes and was rarely aggressive. I think I'll wait for the game to come out, that session wasn't remotely entertaining.


This is exactly the same way i felt, even though i spent 2 hours instead of 5 minutes...
I used to think that arma 2 had the most retarded clunky controls of any first person shooter, then I tried battle field 3 and got a serious lesson in "be careful what you wish for"...

All together, i felt that my soldier was too drunk to tie his ^&*(ing shoes, much less fire a gun with any percision... Starting from level 1 I felt the noob handicaps bash me over the head going 3 and 12 my first game after having respectable success in the other battle field games and fps games in general...

Trying to figure out my controls and make a choice between turning raw mouse input on and off made up my first glorious death streak as you can't actually do ANYTHING unless your in a game, and unless your actually alive... I guess that's just another penalty for death.

Beyond that, I felt really frustrated in teh several moments when i would sight down the pointy junk on top of my gun and aim at what I KNEW was enemies... so i would tag them Q and what not, but I couldn't actually hit people for shit, regardless of whether i was being conservative and throwing one lead dart at a time, or just dumping the whole bucket of bullets in a 30 foot circle around their face.

Grenades feel completely useless, and If you have any dislike of them from their effective counterparts in other games, than you will LOVE their absence... RPGs, well they're existence is diminished by the REMOVAL of destruction 2.0 down to nearly NOTHING being destructible at all... so much for maps being dynamic...

And to top it all off, when I finally did break through my suffering loses and attached some shitty Russian looking thing to the top of my beautiful k-something or other... I sighted in and my frames per second literally shoved my face into a toilet...

The kits and class based roles feel completely absent (in effect, despite them distinguishing the weapon choices... which also feel completely pointless being that there is no easily found system of comparison)

ALL in ALL, the 2 hours of game time and the 1 hour bashing my head against EA Origins was quite possibly so terrible I would much rather have been studying for the silly foriegn language test I have the next day... so thank you EA for piquing my interest, only to find that there never was any cake in the box to begin with... F#$%YOU!



so you cant aim and you have a shitty computer and you wanna blame the game
DanceCommander
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
United States1808 Posts
September 30 2011 07:19 GMT
#2727
im guessing it crashed for everyone else as well?
XerrolAvengerII
Profile Joined January 2010
United States510 Posts
September 30 2011 07:20 GMT
#2728
On September 30 2011 16:15 Miss_Cleo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 30 2011 16:04 XerrolAvengerII wrote:
On September 30 2011 15:20 Kyhol wrote:
I had to turn the game off after playing the beta for 5 minutes. The map was too small, everyone just laid down in bushes and was rarely aggressive. I think I'll wait for the game to come out, that session wasn't remotely entertaining.


This is exactly the same way i felt, even though i spent 2 hours instead of 5 minutes...
I used to think that arma 2 had the most retarded clunky controls of any first person shooter, then I tried battle field 3 and got a serious lesson in "be careful what you wish for"...

All together, i felt that my soldier was too drunk to tie his ^&*(ing shoes, much less fire a gun with any percision... Starting from level 1 I felt the noob handicaps bash me over the head going 3 and 12 my first game after having respectable success in the other battle field games and fps games in general...

Trying to figure out my controls and make a choice between turning raw mouse input on and off made up my first glorious death streak as you can't actually do ANYTHING unless your in a game, and unless your actually alive... I guess that's just another penalty for death.

Beyond that, I felt really frustrated in teh several moments when i would sight down the pointy junk on top of my gun and aim at what I KNEW was enemies... so i would tag them Q and what not, but I couldn't actually hit people for shit, regardless of whether i was being conservative and throwing one lead dart at a time, or just dumping the whole bucket of bullets in a 30 foot circle around their face.

Grenades feel completely useless, and If you have any dislike of them from their effective counterparts in other games, than you will LOVE their absence... RPGs, well they're existence is diminished by the REMOVAL of destruction 2.0 down to nearly NOTHING being destructible at all... so much for maps being dynamic...

And to top it all off, when I finally did break through my suffering loses and attached some shitty Russian looking thing to the top of my beautiful k-something or other... I sighted in and my frames per second literally shoved my face into a toilet...

The kits and class based roles feel completely absent (in effect, despite them distinguishing the weapon choices... which also feel completely pointless being that there is no easily found system of comparison)

ALL in ALL, the 2 hours of game time and the 1 hour bashing my head against EA Origins was quite possibly so terrible I would much rather have been studying for the silly foriegn language test I have the next day... so thank you EA for piquing my interest, only to find that there never was any cake in the box to begin with... F#$%YOU!



so you cant aim and you have a shitty computer and you wanna blame the game


While I was exaggerating for some comical effect, I was more making a commentary on the ridiculous recoil implemented in the game... I used to think that the Crysis 2 recoil was nearly unbearable but this is just uncalledfor-bad... And as for those you you who simply write of my statement as evidence that I am simply "bad" at shooter games, then I can provide evidence from a wide variety of shooter games to demonstrate my experience and the fact that I am "decent" or "respectable" at them... But yes, I went in biased against the game, and was not disappointed.
Hey! Hey! Can I interest you in some fruit? Would you like a Banana!?...
Budzlight
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States578 Posts
September 30 2011 07:21 GMT
#2729
Ya crash aswell.
I was the 5% that voted for thorzain in the TSL for round 1
freddievercetti
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
224 Posts
September 30 2011 07:22 GMT
#2730
yah login server went down was the error, at least what i saw. bcak up now tho, at least logging into a server CASPIAN!!!!!!
Kiante
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Australia7069 Posts
September 30 2011 07:24 GMT
#2731
On September 30 2011 16:20 XerrolAvengerII wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 30 2011 16:15 Miss_Cleo wrote:
On September 30 2011 16:04 XerrolAvengerII wrote:
On September 30 2011 15:20 Kyhol wrote:
I had to turn the game off after playing the beta for 5 minutes. The map was too small, everyone just laid down in bushes and was rarely aggressive. I think I'll wait for the game to come out, that session wasn't remotely entertaining.


This is exactly the same way i felt, even though i spent 2 hours instead of 5 minutes...
I used to think that arma 2 had the most retarded clunky controls of any first person shooter, then I tried battle field 3 and got a serious lesson in "be careful what you wish for"...

All together, i felt that my soldier was too drunk to tie his ^&*(ing shoes, much less fire a gun with any percision... Starting from level 1 I felt the noob handicaps bash me over the head going 3 and 12 my first game after having respectable success in the other battle field games and fps games in general...

Trying to figure out my controls and make a choice between turning raw mouse input on and off made up my first glorious death streak as you can't actually do ANYTHING unless your in a game, and unless your actually alive... I guess that's just another penalty for death.

Beyond that, I felt really frustrated in teh several moments when i would sight down the pointy junk on top of my gun and aim at what I KNEW was enemies... so i would tag them Q and what not, but I couldn't actually hit people for shit, regardless of whether i was being conservative and throwing one lead dart at a time, or just dumping the whole bucket of bullets in a 30 foot circle around their face.

Grenades feel completely useless, and If you have any dislike of them from their effective counterparts in other games, than you will LOVE their absence... RPGs, well they're existence is diminished by the REMOVAL of destruction 2.0 down to nearly NOTHING being destructible at all... so much for maps being dynamic...

And to top it all off, when I finally did break through my suffering loses and attached some shitty Russian looking thing to the top of my beautiful k-something or other... I sighted in and my frames per second literally shoved my face into a toilet...

The kits and class based roles feel completely absent (in effect, despite them distinguishing the weapon choices... which also feel completely pointless being that there is no easily found system of comparison)

ALL in ALL, the 2 hours of game time and the 1 hour bashing my head against EA Origins was quite possibly so terrible I would much rather have been studying for the silly foriegn language test I have the next day... so thank you EA for piquing my interest, only to find that there never was any cake in the box to begin with... F#$%YOU!



so you cant aim and you have a shitty computer and you wanna blame the game


While I was exaggerating for some comical effect, I was more making a commentary on the ridiculous recoil implemented in the game... I used to think that the Crysis 2 recoil was nearly unbearable but this is just uncalledfor-bad... And as for those you you who simply write of my statement as evidence that I am simply "bad" at shooter games, then I can provide evidence from a wide variety of shooter games to demonstrate my experience and the fact that I am "decent" or "respectable" at them... But yes, I went in biased against the game, and was not disappointed.


people complaining about recoil so transparently never played something like DoD and just came from the cod series. lol. the recoil is EZ. if there was less, noone would get anywhere because you'd instadie to spam
Writer
Miss_Cleo
Profile Joined March 2010
United States406 Posts
September 30 2011 07:25 GMT
#2732
On September 30 2011 16:20 XerrolAvengerII wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 30 2011 16:15 Miss_Cleo wrote:
On September 30 2011 16:04 XerrolAvengerII wrote:
On September 30 2011 15:20 Kyhol wrote:
I had to turn the game off after playing the beta for 5 minutes. The map was too small, everyone just laid down in bushes and was rarely aggressive. I think I'll wait for the game to come out, that session wasn't remotely entertaining.


This is exactly the same way i felt, even though i spent 2 hours instead of 5 minutes...
I used to think that arma 2 had the most retarded clunky controls of any first person shooter, then I tried battle field 3 and got a serious lesson in "be careful what you wish for"...

All together, i felt that my soldier was too drunk to tie his ^&*(ing shoes, much less fire a gun with any percision... Starting from level 1 I felt the noob handicaps bash me over the head going 3 and 12 my first game after having respectable success in the other battle field games and fps games in general...

Trying to figure out my controls and make a choice between turning raw mouse input on and off made up my first glorious death streak as you can't actually do ANYTHING unless your in a game, and unless your actually alive... I guess that's just another penalty for death.

Beyond that, I felt really frustrated in teh several moments when i would sight down the pointy junk on top of my gun and aim at what I KNEW was enemies... so i would tag them Q and what not, but I couldn't actually hit people for shit, regardless of whether i was being conservative and throwing one lead dart at a time, or just dumping the whole bucket of bullets in a 30 foot circle around their face.

Grenades feel completely useless, and If you have any dislike of them from their effective counterparts in other games, than you will LOVE their absence... RPGs, well they're existence is diminished by the REMOVAL of destruction 2.0 down to nearly NOTHING being destructible at all... so much for maps being dynamic...

And to top it all off, when I finally did break through my suffering loses and attached some shitty Russian looking thing to the top of my beautiful k-something or other... I sighted in and my frames per second literally shoved my face into a toilet...

The kits and class based roles feel completely absent (in effect, despite them distinguishing the weapon choices... which also feel completely pointless being that there is no easily found system of comparison)

ALL in ALL, the 2 hours of game time and the 1 hour bashing my head against EA Origins was quite possibly so terrible I would much rather have been studying for the silly foriegn language test I have the next day... so thank you EA for piquing my interest, only to find that there never was any cake in the box to begin with... F#$%YOU!



so you cant aim and you have a shitty computer and you wanna blame the game


While I was exaggerating for some comical effect, I was more making a commentary on the ridiculous recoil implemented in the game... I used to think that the Crysis 2 recoil was nearly unbearable but this is just uncalledfor-bad... And as for those you you who simply write of my statement as evidence that I am simply "bad" at shooter games, then I can provide evidence from a wide variety of shooter games to demonstrate my experience and the fact that I am "decent" or "respectable" at them... But yes, I went in biased against the game, and was not disappointed.

use bursts bro this isnt cod where recoil is nonexistent...press v for firing mode
Miss_Cleo
Profile Joined March 2010
United States406 Posts
September 30 2011 07:26 GMT
#2733
On September 30 2011 16:24 Kiante wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 30 2011 16:20 XerrolAvengerII wrote:
On September 30 2011 16:15 Miss_Cleo wrote:
On September 30 2011 16:04 XerrolAvengerII wrote:
On September 30 2011 15:20 Kyhol wrote:
I had to turn the game off after playing the beta for 5 minutes. The map was too small, everyone just laid down in bushes and was rarely aggressive. I think I'll wait for the game to come out, that session wasn't remotely entertaining.


This is exactly the same way i felt, even though i spent 2 hours instead of 5 minutes...
I used to think that arma 2 had the most retarded clunky controls of any first person shooter, then I tried battle field 3 and got a serious lesson in "be careful what you wish for"...

All together, i felt that my soldier was too drunk to tie his ^&*(ing shoes, much less fire a gun with any percision... Starting from level 1 I felt the noob handicaps bash me over the head going 3 and 12 my first game after having respectable success in the other battle field games and fps games in general...

Trying to figure out my controls and make a choice between turning raw mouse input on and off made up my first glorious death streak as you can't actually do ANYTHING unless your in a game, and unless your actually alive... I guess that's just another penalty for death.

Beyond that, I felt really frustrated in teh several moments when i would sight down the pointy junk on top of my gun and aim at what I KNEW was enemies... so i would tag them Q and what not, but I couldn't actually hit people for shit, regardless of whether i was being conservative and throwing one lead dart at a time, or just dumping the whole bucket of bullets in a 30 foot circle around their face.

Grenades feel completely useless, and If you have any dislike of them from their effective counterparts in other games, than you will LOVE their absence... RPGs, well they're existence is diminished by the REMOVAL of destruction 2.0 down to nearly NOTHING being destructible at all... so much for maps being dynamic...

And to top it all off, when I finally did break through my suffering loses and attached some shitty Russian looking thing to the top of my beautiful k-something or other... I sighted in and my frames per second literally shoved my face into a toilet...

The kits and class based roles feel completely absent (in effect, despite them distinguishing the weapon choices... which also feel completely pointless being that there is no easily found system of comparison)

ALL in ALL, the 2 hours of game time and the 1 hour bashing my head against EA Origins was quite possibly so terrible I would much rather have been studying for the silly foriegn language test I have the next day... so thank you EA for piquing my interest, only to find that there never was any cake in the box to begin with... F#$%YOU!



so you cant aim and you have a shitty computer and you wanna blame the game


While I was exaggerating for some comical effect, I was more making a commentary on the ridiculous recoil implemented in the game... I used to think that the Crysis 2 recoil was nearly unbearable but this is just uncalledfor-bad... And as for those you you who simply write of my statement as evidence that I am simply "bad" at shooter games, then I can provide evidence from a wide variety of shooter games to demonstrate my experience and the fact that I am "decent" or "respectable" at them... But yes, I went in biased against the game, and was not disappointed.


people complaining about recoil so transparently never played something like DoD and just came from the cod series. lol. the recoil is EZ. if there was less, noone would get anywhere because you'd instadie to spam


i played dod (im assuming day of defeat) when it first came out and played it until it went to the source engine. the recoil on the BAR was ridiculous
DanceCommander
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
United States1808 Posts
September 30 2011 07:26 GMT
#2734
On September 30 2011 16:20 XerrolAvengerII wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 30 2011 16:15 Miss_Cleo wrote:
On September 30 2011 16:04 XerrolAvengerII wrote:
On September 30 2011 15:20 Kyhol wrote:
I had to turn the game off after playing the beta for 5 minutes. The map was too small, everyone just laid down in bushes and was rarely aggressive. I think I'll wait for the game to come out, that session wasn't remotely entertaining.


This is exactly the same way i felt, even though i spent 2 hours instead of 5 minutes...
I used to think that arma 2 had the most retarded clunky controls of any first person shooter, then I tried battle field 3 and got a serious lesson in "be careful what you wish for"...

All together, i felt that my soldier was too drunk to tie his ^&*(ing shoes, much less fire a gun with any percision... Starting from level 1 I felt the noob handicaps bash me over the head going 3 and 12 my first game after having respectable success in the other battle field games and fps games in general...

Trying to figure out my controls and make a choice between turning raw mouse input on and off made up my first glorious death streak as you can't actually do ANYTHING unless your in a game, and unless your actually alive... I guess that's just another penalty for death.

Beyond that, I felt really frustrated in teh several moments when i would sight down the pointy junk on top of my gun and aim at what I KNEW was enemies... so i would tag them Q and what not, but I couldn't actually hit people for shit, regardless of whether i was being conservative and throwing one lead dart at a time, or just dumping the whole bucket of bullets in a 30 foot circle around their face.

Grenades feel completely useless, and If you have any dislike of them from their effective counterparts in other games, than you will LOVE their absence... RPGs, well they're existence is diminished by the REMOVAL of destruction 2.0 down to nearly NOTHING being destructible at all... so much for maps being dynamic...

And to top it all off, when I finally did break through my suffering loses and attached some shitty Russian looking thing to the top of my beautiful k-something or other... I sighted in and my frames per second literally shoved my face into a toilet...

The kits and class based roles feel completely absent (in effect, despite them distinguishing the weapon choices... which also feel completely pointless being that there is no easily found system of comparison)

ALL in ALL, the 2 hours of game time and the 1 hour bashing my head against EA Origins was quite possibly so terrible I would much rather have been studying for the silly foriegn language test I have the next day... so thank you EA for piquing my interest, only to find that there never was any cake in the box to begin with... F#$%YOU!



so you cant aim and you have a shitty computer and you wanna blame the game


While I was exaggerating for some comical effect, I was more making a commentary on the ridiculous recoil implemented in the game... I used to think that the Crysis 2 recoil was nearly unbearable but this is just uncalledfor-bad... And as for those you you who simply write of my statement as evidence that I am simply "bad" at shooter games, then I can provide evidence from a wide variety of shooter games to demonstrate my experience and the fact that I am "decent" or "respectable" at them... But yes, I went in biased against the game, and was not disappointed.

go play CSS or CoD if you dont want recoil. i think the original doom had none as well.
Onlinejaguar
Profile Joined April 2010
Australia2823 Posts
September 30 2011 07:27 GMT
#2735
The recoil is fine.
Kiante
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Australia7069 Posts
September 30 2011 07:30 GMT
#2736
On September 30 2011 16:26 Miss_Cleo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 30 2011 16:24 Kiante wrote:
On September 30 2011 16:20 XerrolAvengerII wrote:
On September 30 2011 16:15 Miss_Cleo wrote:
On September 30 2011 16:04 XerrolAvengerII wrote:
On September 30 2011 15:20 Kyhol wrote:
I had to turn the game off after playing the beta for 5 minutes. The map was too small, everyone just laid down in bushes and was rarely aggressive. I think I'll wait for the game to come out, that session wasn't remotely entertaining.


This is exactly the same way i felt, even though i spent 2 hours instead of 5 minutes...
I used to think that arma 2 had the most retarded clunky controls of any first person shooter, then I tried battle field 3 and got a serious lesson in "be careful what you wish for"...

All together, i felt that my soldier was too drunk to tie his ^&*(ing shoes, much less fire a gun with any percision... Starting from level 1 I felt the noob handicaps bash me over the head going 3 and 12 my first game after having respectable success in the other battle field games and fps games in general...

Trying to figure out my controls and make a choice between turning raw mouse input on and off made up my first glorious death streak as you can't actually do ANYTHING unless your in a game, and unless your actually alive... I guess that's just another penalty for death.

Beyond that, I felt really frustrated in teh several moments when i would sight down the pointy junk on top of my gun and aim at what I KNEW was enemies... so i would tag them Q and what not, but I couldn't actually hit people for shit, regardless of whether i was being conservative and throwing one lead dart at a time, or just dumping the whole bucket of bullets in a 30 foot circle around their face.

Grenades feel completely useless, and If you have any dislike of them from their effective counterparts in other games, than you will LOVE their absence... RPGs, well they're existence is diminished by the REMOVAL of destruction 2.0 down to nearly NOTHING being destructible at all... so much for maps being dynamic...

And to top it all off, when I finally did break through my suffering loses and attached some shitty Russian looking thing to the top of my beautiful k-something or other... I sighted in and my frames per second literally shoved my face into a toilet...

The kits and class based roles feel completely absent (in effect, despite them distinguishing the weapon choices... which also feel completely pointless being that there is no easily found system of comparison)

ALL in ALL, the 2 hours of game time and the 1 hour bashing my head against EA Origins was quite possibly so terrible I would much rather have been studying for the silly foriegn language test I have the next day... so thank you EA for piquing my interest, only to find that there never was any cake in the box to begin with... F#$%YOU!



so you cant aim and you have a shitty computer and you wanna blame the game


While I was exaggerating for some comical effect, I was more making a commentary on the ridiculous recoil implemented in the game... I used to think that the Crysis 2 recoil was nearly unbearable but this is just uncalledfor-bad... And as for those you you who simply write of my statement as evidence that I am simply "bad" at shooter games, then I can provide evidence from a wide variety of shooter games to demonstrate my experience and the fact that I am "decent" or "respectable" at them... But yes, I went in biased against the game, and was not disappointed.


people complaining about recoil so transparently never played something like DoD and just came from the cod series. lol. the recoil is EZ. if there was less, noone would get anywhere because you'd instadie to spam


i played dod (im assuming day of defeat) when it first came out and played it until it went to the source engine. the recoil on the BAR was ridiculous


haha yeah trying to aim the BAR was like trying to shoot bullets out of an angry horse. you just pull down on your mouse and try to follow them through the recoil. get a couple of hits in and they die XD
Writer
PepperoniPiZZa
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Sierra Leone1660 Posts
September 30 2011 07:31 GMT
#2737
You can't insist on not being a baddie if you complain about recoil. I think you've played too much CoD and you are mad about the absence of hitscan.
Quote?
Miss_Cleo
Profile Joined March 2010
United States406 Posts
September 30 2011 07:32 GMT
#2738
On September 30 2011 16:30 Kiante wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 30 2011 16:26 Miss_Cleo wrote:
On September 30 2011 16:24 Kiante wrote:
On September 30 2011 16:20 XerrolAvengerII wrote:
On September 30 2011 16:15 Miss_Cleo wrote:
On September 30 2011 16:04 XerrolAvengerII wrote:
On September 30 2011 15:20 Kyhol wrote:
I had to turn the game off after playing the beta for 5 minutes. The map was too small, everyone just laid down in bushes and was rarely aggressive. I think I'll wait for the game to come out, that session wasn't remotely entertaining.


This is exactly the same way i felt, even though i spent 2 hours instead of 5 minutes...
I used to think that arma 2 had the most retarded clunky controls of any first person shooter, then I tried battle field 3 and got a serious lesson in "be careful what you wish for"...

All together, i felt that my soldier was too drunk to tie his ^&*(ing shoes, much less fire a gun with any percision... Starting from level 1 I felt the noob handicaps bash me over the head going 3 and 12 my first game after having respectable success in the other battle field games and fps games in general...

Trying to figure out my controls and make a choice between turning raw mouse input on and off made up my first glorious death streak as you can't actually do ANYTHING unless your in a game, and unless your actually alive... I guess that's just another penalty for death.

Beyond that, I felt really frustrated in teh several moments when i would sight down the pointy junk on top of my gun and aim at what I KNEW was enemies... so i would tag them Q and what not, but I couldn't actually hit people for shit, regardless of whether i was being conservative and throwing one lead dart at a time, or just dumping the whole bucket of bullets in a 30 foot circle around their face.

Grenades feel completely useless, and If you have any dislike of them from their effective counterparts in other games, than you will LOVE their absence... RPGs, well they're existence is diminished by the REMOVAL of destruction 2.0 down to nearly NOTHING being destructible at all... so much for maps being dynamic...

And to top it all off, when I finally did break through my suffering loses and attached some shitty Russian looking thing to the top of my beautiful k-something or other... I sighted in and my frames per second literally shoved my face into a toilet...

The kits and class based roles feel completely absent (in effect, despite them distinguishing the weapon choices... which also feel completely pointless being that there is no easily found system of comparison)

ALL in ALL, the 2 hours of game time and the 1 hour bashing my head against EA Origins was quite possibly so terrible I would much rather have been studying for the silly foriegn language test I have the next day... so thank you EA for piquing my interest, only to find that there never was any cake in the box to begin with... F#$%YOU!



so you cant aim and you have a shitty computer and you wanna blame the game


While I was exaggerating for some comical effect, I was more making a commentary on the ridiculous recoil implemented in the game... I used to think that the Crysis 2 recoil was nearly unbearable but this is just uncalledfor-bad... And as for those you you who simply write of my statement as evidence that I am simply "bad" at shooter games, then I can provide evidence from a wide variety of shooter games to demonstrate my experience and the fact that I am "decent" or "respectable" at them... But yes, I went in biased against the game, and was not disappointed.


people complaining about recoil so transparently never played something like DoD and just came from the cod series. lol. the recoil is EZ. if there was less, noone would get anywhere because you'd instadie to spam


i played dod (im assuming day of defeat) when it first came out and played it until it went to the source engine. the recoil on the BAR was ridiculous


haha yeah trying to aim the BAR was like trying to shoot bullets out of an angry horse. you just pull down on your mouse and try to follow them through the recoil. get a couple of hits in and they die XD

i had to use 10 sensitivity and even then i had to furiously drag my mouse down to compensate...great game tho loved it until it got sourced
zoLo
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
United States5896 Posts
September 30 2011 07:33 GMT
#2739
On September 30 2011 16:24 Kiante wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 30 2011 16:20 XerrolAvengerII wrote:
On September 30 2011 16:15 Miss_Cleo wrote:
On September 30 2011 16:04 XerrolAvengerII wrote:
On September 30 2011 15:20 Kyhol wrote:
I had to turn the game off after playing the beta for 5 minutes. The map was too small, everyone just laid down in bushes and was rarely aggressive. I think I'll wait for the game to come out, that session wasn't remotely entertaining.


This is exactly the same way i felt, even though i spent 2 hours instead of 5 minutes...
I used to think that arma 2 had the most retarded clunky controls of any first person shooter, then I tried battle field 3 and got a serious lesson in "be careful what you wish for"...

All together, i felt that my soldier was too drunk to tie his ^&*(ing shoes, much less fire a gun with any percision... Starting from level 1 I felt the noob handicaps bash me over the head going 3 and 12 my first game after having respectable success in the other battle field games and fps games in general...

Trying to figure out my controls and make a choice between turning raw mouse input on and off made up my first glorious death streak as you can't actually do ANYTHING unless your in a game, and unless your actually alive... I guess that's just another penalty for death.

Beyond that, I felt really frustrated in teh several moments when i would sight down the pointy junk on top of my gun and aim at what I KNEW was enemies... so i would tag them Q and what not, but I couldn't actually hit people for shit, regardless of whether i was being conservative and throwing one lead dart at a time, or just dumping the whole bucket of bullets in a 30 foot circle around their face.

Grenades feel completely useless, and If you have any dislike of them from their effective counterparts in other games, than you will LOVE their absence... RPGs, well they're existence is diminished by the REMOVAL of destruction 2.0 down to nearly NOTHING being destructible at all... so much for maps being dynamic...

And to top it all off, when I finally did break through my suffering loses and attached some shitty Russian looking thing to the top of my beautiful k-something or other... I sighted in and my frames per second literally shoved my face into a toilet...

The kits and class based roles feel completely absent (in effect, despite them distinguishing the weapon choices... which also feel completely pointless being that there is no easily found system of comparison)

ALL in ALL, the 2 hours of game time and the 1 hour bashing my head against EA Origins was quite possibly so terrible I would much rather have been studying for the silly foriegn language test I have the next day... so thank you EA for piquing my interest, only to find that there never was any cake in the box to begin with... F#$%YOU!



so you cant aim and you have a shitty computer and you wanna blame the game


While I was exaggerating for some comical effect, I was more making a commentary on the ridiculous recoil implemented in the game... I used to think that the Crysis 2 recoil was nearly unbearable but this is just uncalledfor-bad... And as for those you you who simply write of my statement as evidence that I am simply "bad" at shooter games, then I can provide evidence from a wide variety of shooter games to demonstrate my experience and the fact that I am "decent" or "respectable" at them... But yes, I went in biased against the game, and was not disappointed.


people complaining about recoil so transparently never played something like DoD and just came from the cod series. lol. the recoil is EZ. if there was less, noone would get anywhere because you'd instadie to spam


DoD is such an awesome game (not the Source version). I say it's the best WW2 fps shooter in my eyes. I want to play it again, but there's few servers now a days.
Vewin
Profile Joined October 2010
Sweden15 Posts
September 30 2011 07:36 GMT
#2740
Dont really fancy this web browser server lists and all that. And I do hope they fix so you can change squad because as of now, you can just leave your squad and then join it again.
"Only the dead have seen the end of war".
Prev 1 135 136 137 138 139 491 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
00:00
2026 GSTL: Grand Finals
CranKy Ducklings128
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
23:00
OSC Masters Cup #151 Qualifier
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
NeuroSwarm 184
StarCraft: Brood War
hero 269
BeSt 220
soO 49
sorry 44
Mind 27
Bale 18
Terrorterran 15
Noble 10
yabsab 7
ZergMaN 7
[ Show more ]
Icarus 6
Dota 2
monkeys_forever1003
League of Legends
JimRising 712
Counter-Strike
taco 383
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King180
Other Games
summit1g9711
Maynarde191
RuFF_SC2120
ArmadaUGS37
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick501
StarCraft: Brood War
Kim Chul Min (afreeca) 7
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH331
• Hupsaiya 115
• practicex 31
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2120
League of Legends
• Rush1043
• Stunt346
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
4h 52m
Soma vs Jaedong
WardiTV Weekly
5h 52m
Monday Night Weeklies
10h 52m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 4h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 4h
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 18h
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
FEL
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.