• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:14
CEST 21:14
KST 04:14
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck?
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8720 users

Elder Scrolls V - Skyrim - Page 36

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 34 35 36 37 38 586 Next
isleyofthenorth
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Austria894 Posts
July 07 2011 18:52 GMT
#701
On July 06 2011 12:39 Fruscainte wrote:
Romances confirmed...ugh.


like witchers? ... thats unnessesary
Xinder
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States2269 Posts
July 07 2011 19:43 GMT
#702
Why is romances a bad thing? I mean is this b/c you're a diehard Elder Scrolls fan and they've never done romances before or because you just don't like having a romance option? I'm curious because having played all the different bioware games(mass effect, KOTOR, dragon age) I'm used to romance options and think it's pretty cool they are going to have one in this game.
"Daaayyyy9, King Pussyfoot of NinnyVille"- Day9 while playing Amnesia
Niarro
Profile Joined March 2010
Canada22 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-07 19:59:16
July 07 2011 19:55 GMT
#703
On July 08 2011 03:52 isleyofthenorth wrote:
like witchers? ... thats unnessesary


As far as I know they've never been as terrible or silly as the witcher's 'gotta bang 'em all' style. I still remember the on khajit back in Morrowind, forgot her name. It was pretty well done, and not an out-and-out romance, it was almost an implied thing, heh.

Edit: Ahnassi, that's it X3
Rawr
IrOnKaL
Profile Joined June 2011
United States340 Posts
July 07 2011 20:03 GMT
#704
I don't mind romances either way. All of the other features blow anything like that away anyways, or so it seems. I'm more excited to be taking down Dragons, stealing their powers, and doing the main storyline + Guilds.
Xinder
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States2269 Posts
July 07 2011 20:08 GMT
#705
To those who were unsure if they'd be adding the creation kit to the PC game. It's confirmed as being there for ppl to make mods and what not.

source: http://www.cinemablend.com/games/What-Different-About-Elder-Scrolls-V-Skyrim-PC-Version-33318.html
"Daaayyyy9, King Pussyfoot of NinnyVille"- Day9 while playing Amnesia
novabossa
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States350 Posts
July 07 2011 20:08 GMT
#706
Romances?! *** YEA!
Rachel: First game. oGsMC: Yea. Rachel: Dark Templar. oGsMC: Yea. Rachel: Countered. oGsMC: Yea. Rachel: Were you worried? oGsMC: What?
Marsupian
Profile Joined April 2011
Netherlands455 Posts
July 07 2011 20:18 GMT
#707
I'd just rather see them put their time into developing other parts of the game than working on romance. I just don't see it becoming a fun gameplay feature so I'd rather have them implement spears or an extra quest than work on romance. Just my opinion tho.
Logo
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States7542 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-07 20:22:44
July 07 2011 20:21 GMT
#708
On July 08 2011 05:18 Marsupian wrote:
I'd just rather see them put their time into developing other parts of the game than working on romance. I just don't see it becoming a fun gameplay feature so I'd rather have them implement spears or an extra quest than work on romance. Just my opinion tho.


Yeah pretty much. There's almost never anything fun about romances in these types of games. It's just some random side thing to accomplish to see a 30s cut scene of the avatars getting it on through their underwear. It's not like you actually build an attraction to the character via the in game romance or anything either. You just blow through the dialog trees trying to sex the target up.

Does anyone have a RPG game where an optional romance felt meaningful or added to the game play?
Logo
Cassel_Castle
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States820 Posts
July 07 2011 20:21 GMT
#709
Looks amazing, Oblivion was disappointing because of level scaling, but it didn't bother me at all in FO3/NV.

Romances are rarely well done in RPGs though, I almost always skip them. I remember Planescape handled romances in a really dark and interesting way, but that game will sadly never be copied.
Bibdy
Profile Joined March 2010
United States3481 Posts
July 07 2011 20:23 GMT
#710
Romance plotlines are getting old and overdone. It was a great addition to Baldur's Gate 2, along with a continuation and closure in ToB. Now they just seem to get tacked on as nothing more than fan service with little depth, scope and importance to the story.
ThaZenith
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada3116 Posts
July 07 2011 20:27 GMT
#711
Whether you'd enjoy romances or not, the more stuff in the game the better. You might be pleasantly surprised, and even if you're not, a little variety in what you can encounter is nice.

Lomak
Profile Joined June 2010
United States311 Posts
July 07 2011 20:36 GMT
#712
On July 08 2011 05:23 Bibdy wrote:
Romance plotlines are getting old and overdone. It was a great addition to Baldur's Gate 2, along with a continuation and closure in ToB. Now they just seem to get tacked on as nothing more than fan service with little depth, scope and importance to the story.


Agreed. It wouldn't be as obnoxious if it wasn't always pushed out as a main story arch in any given game. There is always some important character that is pushed towards the main character as a romance. All these major characters and story lines are catered around that when in reality it just detracts from other more engaging game play.
Some see the glass half full, others half empty. I think the glass is just too big.
Xinder
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States2269 Posts
July 07 2011 22:19 GMT
#713
So am i a lonely nerd or something for getting involved in a games story and actually feeling sympathy or hurt or joy when pursing a romance as well as the rest of the games story? I don't take any issue with the romances in games so long as it helps the story or you end up having to make some tough decision later in the story. I may not have played as many games with romance options in them as others but the ones I have played i took no issue with it and felt it was a nice touch to the overall story.

I dunno maybe i'm a terrible judge of video games.
"Daaayyyy9, King Pussyfoot of NinnyVille"- Day9 while playing Amnesia
plated.rawr
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Norway1676 Posts
July 07 2011 22:34 GMT
#714
To be honest, I'm not expecting much out of the Skyrim romance. The way I figure it, it'll simply be a faction-based threshold that changes an NPC from status X (single) to status Y (married to PC) after you've done enough quests for it, as well as made the "hey, wanna get hitched?"-trigger request.

The reason I say this, is this quote:
7) Will we be able to have relationships with the NPCs, romantic or otherwise?
Bruce: Absolutely! You make friends with people by doing things for them. Friends in the game will treat you differently. Some of them will even agree to go with you into dungeons and on adventures. You can even get married. If you own a house, your spouse will move in with you.


You build faction with NPCs by doing quests for them, so they'll like you better. Since Skyrim also has the dynamic quest system in place, the NPCs whom you get relationship varies with each playthrough, and while in theory they could port a story and personality to the dynamically generated character per playthrough, I would think it more likely that "married" is simply a high-faction treshold which lets you put another object (in this case, your husband or wife) into your house. As for interaction, I imagine it will be limited due to how the TES dialogue system has developed over the years.

Of course, maybe they'll add awesome personalities and intersting quests to it all, but I have my doubts. Not a big loss for me though, I've never been much interested in the romance plots anyhow.
Savior broke my heart ;_; || twitch.tv/onnings
I_Love_Bacon
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States5765 Posts
July 07 2011 22:44 GMT
#715
On July 08 2011 05:21 Logo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 08 2011 05:18 Marsupian wrote:
I'd just rather see them put their time into developing other parts of the game than working on romance. I just don't see it becoming a fun gameplay feature so I'd rather have them implement spears or an extra quest than work on romance. Just my opinion tho.


Yeah pretty much. There's almost never anything fun about romances in these types of games. It's just some random side thing to accomplish to see a 30s cut scene of the avatars getting it on through their underwear. It's not like you actually build an attraction to the character via the in game romance or anything either. You just blow through the dialog trees trying to sex the target up.

Does anyone have a RPG game where an optional romance felt meaningful or added to the game play?


I actually think Mass Effect 2, if you chose to Romance Tali it felt probably more "real" and interesting than any other one I can think of. Most romances in games are always pretty boring and, while you might find the character interesting, the romance never really feels like it's needed or makes an impact. I'd also say KOTOR's first romance, while silly at times, became such an important aspect of how you interacted with Bastilla that it made it more fun.

I also don't have high hopes for romance in Skyrim. I don't think it will detract from the game or anything, but it'll probably be pretty boring and uninteresting.
" i havent been playin sc2 but i woke up w/ a boner and i really had to pee... and my crisis management and micro was really something to behold. it inspired me to play some games today" -Liquid'Tyler
Angra
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States2652 Posts
July 07 2011 22:46 GMT
#716
On July 08 2011 05:21 Logo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 08 2011 05:18 Marsupian wrote:
I'd just rather see them put their time into developing other parts of the game than working on romance. I just don't see it becoming a fun gameplay feature so I'd rather have them implement spears or an extra quest than work on romance. Just my opinion tho.


Yeah pretty much. There's almost never anything fun about romances in these types of games. It's just some random side thing to accomplish to see a 30s cut scene of the avatars getting it on through their underwear. It's not like you actually build an attraction to the character via the in game romance or anything either. You just blow through the dialog trees trying to sex the target up.

Does anyone have a RPG game where an optional romance felt meaningful or added to the game play?


Persona 3 and 4

But otherwise nowhere else that I know of, haha.


I don't think I've posted in this thread yet but, I am so incredibly excited about Skyrim. I can't wait! Just hoping my computer can handle it, though.
Mayor
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States472 Posts
July 07 2011 22:56 GMT
#717
I don't personally like the romance option, but to everyone that doesn't want it in the game, you have to remember, it's an option. You don't HAVE to do it, and no one is forcing it upon you. It's just there, and allows the game to appeal to a wider audience and please more people, while not forcing something one might dislike on others. It isn't bad, it's just more stuff in the game.

Don't overreact to it, guys.
"You can be creative but I will crush it under the iron fist of my conservative play." - Liquid`Tyler
Marsupian
Profile Joined April 2011
Netherlands455 Posts
July 07 2011 23:18 GMT
#718
On July 08 2011 07:56 Mayor wrote:
I don't personally like the romance option, but to everyone that doesn't want it in the game, you have to remember, it's an option. You don't HAVE to do it, and no one is forcing it upon you. It's just there, and allows the game to appeal to a wider audience and please more people, while not forcing something one might dislike on others. It isn't bad, it's just more stuff in the game.

Don't overreact to it, guys.


I know it's an option and it doesn't bother me that much. I'm just sad they took time away from something else to put this in the game. It might be just an option but that time could have been spend improving a different area of the game and that is what bothers me.

Still I'm really pumped for this game. I enjoyed oblivion a lot and recently started a new playthrough and it's still a great game. Can't wait!
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
July 07 2011 23:21 GMT
#719
How do you know they took time away to work on this? How do you know more time was needed for other things?
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
lynx.oblige
Profile Joined August 2009
Sierra Leone2268 Posts
July 07 2011 23:34 GMT
#720
I doubt romances are even mandatory. If it is just an option, do not do it if you do not like it. No need to hate on MORE options/variety.
Everyone needs a nemesis.
Prev 1 34 35 36 37 38 586 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Patches Events
01:00
Patch Clash Monthly #2
RotterdaM1052
TKL 407
EnkiAlexander 31
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 1052
TKL 407
mouzHeroMarine 367
IndyStarCraft 205
BRAT_OK 52
MindelVK 20
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 16209
Calm 2465
Horang2 347
Mini 162
Rush 101
EffOrt 81
Zeus 52
Bale 19
ToSsGirL 18
Trap 18
[ Show more ]
scan(afreeca) 14
Sacsri 7
Dota 2
febbydoto7
LuMiX1
Counter-Strike
fl0m4536
pashabiceps1773
Fnx 1504
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King65
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3290
Liquid`Hasu562
Other Games
singsing1763
Liquid`RaSZi1692
Beastyqt849
B2W.Neo521
C9.Mang0321
crisheroes201
Dewaltoss148
Trikslyr94
QueenE91
UpATreeSC56
JuggernautJason20
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream25
Other Games
Algost 2
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 19
• Michael_bg 6
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• TFBlade727
Other Games
• imaqtpie896
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
14h 46m
INu's Battles
15h 46m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
17h 46m
OSC
1d 3h
Replay Cast
1d 3h
OSC
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
Patches Events
3 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.