• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:02
CEST 11:02
KST 18:02
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20262Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6173 users

Elder Scrolls V - Skyrim - Page 38

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 36 37 38 39 40 586 Next
Essbee
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
Canada2371 Posts
August 04 2011 19:50 GMT
#741
I have a question for elder scrolls fans.

I have played the beginning of Oblivion and I found it pretty cool so I'm gonna buy Skyrim but I wanted to know if there are some big epic battles sometimes (morrowind, oblivion, skyrim, whatever)? Like LOTR style or whatever? Do you sometimes fight with an army to destroy another one?

In any case, I'll buy it it's just that it would be pretty cool to have these type of battles.

Thanks!
Pangolin
Profile Joined March 2008
United States1035 Posts
August 04 2011 19:54 GMT
#742
Not really any battles of that scale. Also, the few times they try having larger battles, with like 10 people on each side, it sucks. You constantly hit your own guys on accident and things like that. They've said something about Skyrim having some sort of auto-aim thing to avoid that, hopefully it works.
It's easier not to.
Xiss
Profile Joined February 2011
Sweden8 Posts
August 04 2011 19:57 GMT
#743
On December 12 2010 12:22 dcberkeley wrote:
Going to refrain from posting how much I hated Oblivion...

So you get to fight a dragon this time? Awesome.



You sir dont know what ya talking about
Essbee
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
Canada2371 Posts
August 04 2011 19:58 GMT
#744
On August 05 2011 04:54 Pangolin wrote:
Not really any battles of that scale. Also, the few times they try having larger battles, with like 10 people on each side, it sucks. You constantly hit your own guys on accident and things like that. They've said something about Skyrim having some sort of auto-aim thing to avoid that, hopefully it works.


Okay thanks.
Theeakoz
Profile Joined July 2011
United States1114 Posts
August 04 2011 20:16 GMT
#745
I'm waiting for this game with all my existence ! I played oblivion for 350 hours.
Please change the luck dependancy of spawning locations on rotationally symmetric maps.
Theeakoz
Profile Joined July 2011
United States1114 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-04 20:18:35
August 04 2011 20:18 GMT
#746
On August 05 2011 04:50 Essbee wrote:
I have a question for elder scrolls fans.

I have played the beginning of Oblivion and I found it pretty cool so I'm gonna buy Skyrim but I wanted to know if there are some big epic battles sometimes (morrowind, oblivion, skyrim, whatever)? Like LOTR style or whatever? Do you sometimes fight with an army to destroy another one?

In any case, I'll buy it it's just that it would be pretty cool to have these type of battles.

Thanks!


There are big battle with about 50-60 ppl but not LOTR size, they make it epic with like big monsters and stuff
Please change the luck dependancy of spawning locations on rotationally symmetric maps.
Trajan98
Profile Joined October 2010
Canada203 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-04 20:25:51
August 04 2011 20:25 GMT
#747
I'm really hoping the combat system is improved, because that is the main thing I hated about Oblivion as well as every damn oblivion gates looking the same with the exact same task in each one. The world being so static in oblivion made it get boring really fast for me, I could only play it through once and never play it again. Skyrim looks better in all these regards but Ill have to wait and play it to judge how they improved from Oblivion.
ZaaaaaM
Profile Joined March 2010
Netherlands1828 Posts
August 04 2011 20:35 GMT
#748
On August 05 2011 05:25 Trajan98 wrote:
I'm really hoping the combat system is improved, because that is the main thing I hated about Oblivion as well as every damn oblivion gates looking the same with the exact same task in each one. The world being so static in oblivion made it get boring really fast for me, I could only play it through once and never play it again. Skyrim looks better in all these regards but Ill have to wait and play it to judge how they improved from Oblivion.

What has that to do with the combat system..?
no dude, the question
Essbee
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
Canada2371 Posts
August 04 2011 20:37 GMT
#749
On August 05 2011 05:18 Theeakoz wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 05 2011 04:50 Essbee wrote:
I have a question for elder scrolls fans.

I have played the beginning of Oblivion and I found it pretty cool so I'm gonna buy Skyrim but I wanted to know if there are some big epic battles sometimes (morrowind, oblivion, skyrim, whatever)? Like LOTR style or whatever? Do you sometimes fight with an army to destroy another one?

In any case, I'll buy it it's just that it would be pretty cool to have these type of battles.

Thanks!


There are big battle with about 50-60 ppl but not LOTR size, they make it epic with like big monsters and stuff


Well thats great! thank you.
Trajan98
Profile Joined October 2010
Canada203 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-04 21:09:01
August 04 2011 20:45 GMT
#750
On August 05 2011 05:35 ZaaaaaM wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 05 2011 05:25 Trajan98 wrote:
I'm really hoping the combat system is improved, because that is the main thing I hated about Oblivion as well as every damn oblivion gates looking the same with the exact same task in each one. The world being so static in oblivion made it get boring really fast for me, I could only play it through once and never play it again. Skyrim looks better in all these regards but Ill have to wait and play it to judge how they improved from Oblivion.

What has that to do with the combat system..?


Well I was just listing some things I didn't like about the game. Combat system for one, Oblivion gates all looking the same, static world etc. I just didn't clarify well enough that these are all separate issues I had with the game.
Aocowns
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Norway6070 Posts
August 04 2011 20:45 GMT
#751
On August 05 2011 05:18 Theeakoz wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 05 2011 04:50 Essbee wrote:
I have a question for elder scrolls fans.

I have played the beginning of Oblivion and I found it pretty cool so I'm gonna buy Skyrim but I wanted to know if there are some big epic battles sometimes (morrowind, oblivion, skyrim, whatever)? Like LOTR style or whatever? Do you sometimes fight with an army to destroy another one?

In any case, I'll buy it it's just that it would be pretty cool to have these type of battles.

Thanks!


There are big battle with about 50-60 ppl but not LOTR size, they make it epic with like big monsters and stuff

Wow, where did those 50 man battles occur?
I'm a salt-lord and hater of mech and ForGG, don't take me seriously, it's just my salt-humour speaking i swear. |KadaverBB best TL gaoler| |~IdrA's #1 fan~| SetGuitarsToKill and Duckk are my martyr heroes |
dapanman
Profile Joined September 2010
United States316 Posts
August 04 2011 20:49 GMT
#752
On August 05 2011 05:45 Aocowns wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 05 2011 05:18 Theeakoz wrote:
On August 05 2011 04:50 Essbee wrote:
I have a question for elder scrolls fans.

I have played the beginning of Oblivion and I found it pretty cool so I'm gonna buy Skyrim but I wanted to know if there are some big epic battles sometimes (morrowind, oblivion, skyrim, whatever)? Like LOTR style or whatever? Do you sometimes fight with an army to destroy another one?

In any case, I'll buy it it's just that it would be pretty cool to have these type of battles.

Thanks!


There are big battle with about 50-60 ppl but not LOTR size, they make it epic with like big monsters and stuff

Wow, where did those 50 man battles occur?

The extra big oblivion gate at Bruma when Dagon was trying to destroy it with the machine he used at Kvatch. Not sure on the numbers but 50 sounds close.

Also the final battle at the IC had a ton of dudes running around, but you didn't get to really participate as you were escorting Septim to the temple.
deth2munkies
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States4051 Posts
August 04 2011 21:28 GMT
#753
On August 05 2011 05:49 dapanman wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 05 2011 05:45 Aocowns wrote:
On August 05 2011 05:18 Theeakoz wrote:
On August 05 2011 04:50 Essbee wrote:
I have a question for elder scrolls fans.

I have played the beginning of Oblivion and I found it pretty cool so I'm gonna buy Skyrim but I wanted to know if there are some big epic battles sometimes (morrowind, oblivion, skyrim, whatever)? Like LOTR style or whatever? Do you sometimes fight with an army to destroy another one?

In any case, I'll buy it it's just that it would be pretty cool to have these type of battles.

Thanks!


There are big battle with about 50-60 ppl but not LOTR size, they make it epic with like big monsters and stuff

Wow, where did those 50 man battles occur?

The extra big oblivion gate at Bruma when Dagon was trying to destroy it with the machine he used at Kvatch. Not sure on the numbers but 50 sounds close.

Also the final battle at the IC had a ton of dudes running around, but you didn't get to really participate as you were escorting Septim to the temple.


Depends on how many towns you saved, you get like 4 per town plus 5 Blades and Martin, nowhere near 50. More annoying, when Martin gets 1 shot before he casts his defensive spell and you lose the game automatically...happened second playthrough.
keioh
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
France1099 Posts
August 04 2011 21:44 GMT
#754
Seems like I'll buy the game and a new graphic card...
GIMME ALL THE BELGIAN WAFFLES I CAN GET FOR THIS MONEY !!!!!! BELGIAN WAFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFLEEEEEEEEES
Backpack
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States1776 Posts
August 04 2011 22:24 GMT
#755
On August 05 2011 03:49 Forbs wrote:
Pre-purchasing on steam is now available.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/72850/


Do we know if there are plans for a collectors edition?
"You people need to just generally care a lot less about everything." -Zatic
Theeakoz
Profile Joined July 2011
United States1114 Posts
August 04 2011 23:03 GMT
#756
On August 05 2011 05:49 dapanman wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 05 2011 05:45 Aocowns wrote:
On August 05 2011 05:18 Theeakoz wrote:
On August 05 2011 04:50 Essbee wrote:
I have a question for elder scrolls fans.

I have played the beginning of Oblivion and I found it pretty cool so I'm gonna buy Skyrim but I wanted to know if there are some big epic battles sometimes (morrowind, oblivion, skyrim, whatever)? Like LOTR style or whatever? Do you sometimes fight with an army to destroy another one?

In any case, I'll buy it it's just that it would be pretty cool to have these type of battles.

Thanks!


There are big battle with about 50-60 ppl but not LOTR size, they make it epic with like big monsters and stuff

Wow, where did those 50 man battles occur?

The extra big oblivion gate at Bruma when Dagon was trying to destroy it with the machine he used at Kvatch. Not sure on the numbers but 50 sounds close.

Also the final battle at the IC had a ton of dudes running around, but you didn't get to really participate as you were escorting Septim to the temple.


yeah thats what I was talking about.
Please change the luck dependancy of spawning locations on rotationally symmetric maps.
Olsson
Profile Joined April 2011
Sweden931 Posts
August 06 2011 12:44 GMT
#757
Anyone got any new gameplay footage or something feel free to share as I want too see as much as possible.
Naniwa <3
Ewu
Profile Joined November 2010
Netherlands44 Posts
August 07 2011 09:45 GMT
#758
For those who haven't seen it yet, an almost 40 minute long video of gameplay from Quakecon.


Previous link got removed from youtube, so this might get removed in a bit as well, though it might taek longer due to an unconventional title.
Vipsanius
Profile Joined February 2011
Netherlands708 Posts
August 07 2011 09:59 GMT
#759
That video is awesome. Must watch, right now, before it gets removed. Not regretting my pre-order on steam.
Endymion
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States3701 Posts
August 07 2011 10:24 GMT
#760
Video was awesome, looking forward to skyrim! Crowd was hilarious too, every time something moved "KILL IT!" I laughed the whole time!
Have you considered the MMO-Champion forum? You are just as irrational and delusional with the right portion of nostalgic populism. By the way: The old Brood War was absolutely unplayable
Prev 1 36 37 38 39 40 586 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 58m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 141
EnDerr 9
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 3295
Hyuk 265
Stork 154
Soma 140
Mong 75
NotJumperer 65
Yoon 60
Killer 58
Shinee 55
ToSsGirL 41
[ Show more ]
EffOrt 36
Bale 32
Sharp 32
Hm[arnc] 24
ajuk12(nOOB) 23
Noble 21
yabsab 13
Shine 7
Sacsri 6
Dota 2
Gorgc81
League of Legends
JimRising 457
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1189
shoxiejesuss584
ceh9524
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King162
Other Games
summit1g7728
singsing980
crisheroes98
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick672
BasetradeTV157
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream34
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 23
• killerbeecast2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• iopq 8
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2177
• WagamamaTV42
League of Legends
• Stunt415
Other Games
• Shiphtur791
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
58m
INu's Battles
1h 58m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
3h 58m
OSC
13h 13m
Replay Cast
13h 58m
OSC
1d 13h
Big Brain Bouts
2 days
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.