• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:11
CEST 14:11
KST 21:11
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup6StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10081 users

Elder Scrolls V - Skyrim - Page 20

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 18 19 20 21 22 586 Next
plated.rawr
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Norway1676 Posts
April 10 2011 18:57 GMT
#381
On April 11 2011 01:32 Nyx wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 10 2011 23:10 plated.rawr wrote:
On April 10 2011 21:42 Nyx wrote:
On April 10 2011 07:27 plated.rawr wrote:
On April 04 2011 10:38 antelope591 wrote:
On April 04 2011 08:03 Gandling wrote:
With all this talk of Elder Scrolls Skyrim being announced i've decided to pick Oblivion up off the shelf and get back into it again.

"And yes mods do make the game much more replayable and do "fix" the game so to speak."

Never really tried any mods so far are there any mods people here can recommend? there are so many out there i wouldnt know where to begin.


http://sites.google.com/site/ballofflame/balloffire'soblivionmodlist

pretty good modlist....to me the must haves are a mod that changes the horrible leveling system (there's a bunch out there whichever u prefer) and obscuro's oblivion overhaul which pretty much changes/improves every aspect of the game. Other than that its personal preference for which areas u want to alter

Spent most of yesterday downloading and adding these mods. Oblivion crashed, and of course, I have no idea which mod is the bugged one, even with BOSS sorting things and giving pretty good advice.

I'll try again today with only a few of the mods, then add more as I go along.

Edit; Trying UnofficialPatch3.2, OOO, Deadly Reflex 6, Guard Overhaul, Less Annoying Magic, Midas Magic 1 and 2 as well as Supreme Magicka. Wish me luck!

Editedit: And it's still crashing. Well, screw it.

Editeditedit: Meh, I love the game too much to give up that easy. Made a full game and mod-purge, and reinstalled with OOO, Deadly Reflex and using OBMM and OBSE only. Works fine so far. Will try to add more mods eventually, but for now, I'll toy around with these two first.


You thought about grabbing any graphics ones? To be honest with the right combination it makes Oblivion look better than anything I've seen in these Skyrim trailers.

You don't have to worry about performance either, there's a performance mod and a 4gb enabler as well as some easy cfg modifications that gave me a ridiculous performance boost.

Qarls texture pack is a start, there's torrents avaliable for it which are plenty fast.
LOD mods help immersion a lot: http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=71419

Streamline improves performance a ton: http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=10400
So does operation optimization: http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=10510

There's loads more to be found, you can also activate AA and HDR at the same time in the .cfg files.

My computer's already overheating and crashing with medium settings on vanilla Oblivion graphics, so while I would like a graphics overhaul, my computer doesn't.

Edit: I did have Streamline 3.1 in my first packet of mods, but I didn't readd it after the purge. I'll see if I add it later on.


Personally, after tweaking everything, I have higher FPS with tweaks and graphics mods than with vanilla on high. Which is why I suggested it.

I'll give it a shot with qarl's and the LOD one now, see how it works out.
Savior broke my heart ;_; || twitch.tv/onnings
Broodie
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
Canada832 Posts
April 18 2011 19:53 GMT
#382
Im really bummed that there is no multiplayer for this game

They should do it kindof like how fable did it with atleast 1 friend being able to go on quests with you
SilentLiquid.Broodie - Author of Tango Terminal, Ophilia RE, Cajun Quandary, & The Beneath
Roeder
Profile Joined July 2010
Denmark735 Posts
April 18 2011 19:56 GMT
#383
On April 19 2011 04:53 Broodie wrote:
Im really bummed that there is no multiplayer for this game

They should do it kindof like how fable did it with atleast 1 friend being able to go on quests with you

There was a mod back in Oblivion that allowed you to play LAN (or online, can't remember) - however the mod was taken down and has been offline since. Or at least I can't find it anywhere anylonger.
Starcraft is a mix between chess, poker and a Michael Bay movie.
Chesner
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Iceland817 Posts
April 18 2011 19:57 GMT
#384
On April 19 2011 04:53 Broodie wrote:
Im really bummed that there is no multiplayer for this game

They should do it kindof like how fable did it with atleast 1 friend being able to go on quests with you


You don't need to put multiplayer in every single game there is, I for one am glad that this franchise remains solely single player. If you want to go quest with your friend, play world of warcraft.
PENGUINS
Zedex
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom310 Posts
April 18 2011 20:19 GMT
#385
I'm unbelievably hyped for this I LOVED oblivion and there's quite a few people saying that compared to the other games it was terrible so maybe I just have low standards which means this is going to be even better for me.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
iNbluE
Profile Joined January 2011
Switzerland674 Posts
April 18 2011 22:27 GMT
#386
On April 19 2011 05:19 Zedex wrote:
I'm unbelievably hyped for this I LOVED oblivion and there's quite a few people saying that compared to the other games it was terrible so maybe I just have low standards which means this is going to be even better for me.


You should try Morrowind man. This game was incredible. Plus, there is a mod that upgrades all the graphics to a very appreciable level.
ლ(╹◡╹ლ)
EAGER-beaver
Profile Joined March 2004
Canada2799 Posts
April 18 2011 22:33 GMT
#387
trailer looks super spiffy, this might be the first elder scroll game that holds my attention for more then a day or 2, depends on how well the combat is done.
Simon and Garfunkel rock my face off
maartendq
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Belgium3115 Posts
April 18 2011 22:40 GMT
#388
On April 19 2011 07:27 iNbluE wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 19 2011 05:19 Zedex wrote:
I'm unbelievably hyped for this I LOVED oblivion and there's quite a few people saying that compared to the other games it was terrible so maybe I just have low standards which means this is going to be even better for me.


You should try Morrowind man. This game was incredible. Plus, there is a mod that upgrades all the graphics to a very appreciable level.

Morrowind is quite the incredible game indeed, even with its hugely outdated graphics and odd fighting system. The atmosphere and sound in that game are second to none. Vvardenfell is a completely different place compared to the somewhat clichéd european fantasy setting of Oblivion.
iNbluE
Profile Joined January 2011
Switzerland674 Posts
April 18 2011 22:52 GMT
#389
On April 19 2011 07:40 maartendq wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 19 2011 07:27 iNbluE wrote:
On April 19 2011 05:19 Zedex wrote:
I'm unbelievably hyped for this I LOVED oblivion and there's quite a few people saying that compared to the other games it was terrible so maybe I just have low standards which means this is going to be even better for me.


You should try Morrowind man. This game was incredible. Plus, there is a mod that upgrades all the graphics to a very appreciable level.

Morrowind is quite the incredible game indeed, even with its hugely outdated graphics and odd fighting system. The atmosphere and sound in that game are second to none. Vvardenfell is a completely different place compared to the somewhat clichéd european fantasy setting of Oblivion.


So true...
ლ(╹◡╹ლ)
rockon1215
Profile Joined May 2009
United States612 Posts
April 18 2011 22:59 GMT
#390
As much as I loved Oblivion, I'm kind of sick of Medieval settings. An Ancient Roman setting would be so badass, and then the arena would actually make sense and it's importance could be raised. Considering military conquests and feats of skill were so integral in roman politics (the generals were the polticians) as your conquests grew so could your political status.

Then an epic climactic ending where you duel the enemy general. Roman history nerd chills would be epic.

A man can dream can't he?
Flash v Jaedong The finals that is ALWAYS meant to be
SnK-Arcbound
Profile Joined March 2005
United States4423 Posts
April 18 2011 23:06 GMT
#391
On April 19 2011 07:59 rockon1215 wrote:
As much as I loved Oblivion, I'm kind of sick of Medieval settings. An Ancient Roman setting would be so badass, and then the arena would actually make sense and it's importance could be raised. Considering military conquests and feats of skill were so integral in roman politics (the generals were the polticians) as your conquests grew so could your political status.

Then an epic climactic ending where you duel the enemy general. Roman history nerd chills would be epic.

A man can dream can't he?

Or you could be like FF. In the future, but people still use swords. I agree that the setting for Oblivion was rather poor (probably what you need to expect when they make a game to sell to 13 year olds on their xbox), and I'm fine with the ease of things, just as long as they can also make things more difficult (ala FONV hardcore mode). Overall the world should be fantasy and realistic, Elder Scrolls realistic, not some shitty fantasy knockoff of medieval times.
Golgotha
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Korea (South)8418 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-07 18:33:02
May 07 2011 18:23 GMT
#392
god i feel like im gonna have to upgrade my computer even before I get my new computer!

is it wishful thinking to think that they might just might add CO OP? god that would make my dream come true.
maartendq
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Belgium3115 Posts
May 07 2011 18:41 GMT
#393
On May 08 2011 03:23 Golgotha wrote:
god i feel like im gonna have to upgrade my computer even before I get my new computer!

is it wishful thinking to think that they might just might add CO OP? god that would make my dream come true.

Don't upgrade your PC for this game. It'll have to run on consoles, so system reqs won't be that high.

No co-op is coming for this game. There's no way multiplayer fits the elder scrolls series.
Golgotha
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Korea (South)8418 Posts
May 07 2011 18:59 GMT
#394
On May 08 2011 03:41 maartendq wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 08 2011 03:23 Golgotha wrote:
god i feel like im gonna have to upgrade my computer even before I get my new computer!

is it wishful thinking to think that they might just might add CO OP? god that would make my dream come true.

Don't upgrade your PC for this game. It'll have to run on consoles, so system reqs won't be that high.

No co-op is coming for this game. There's no way multiplayer fits the elder scrolls series.


thanks! my card is a Nvidia Geforce GTX 560 Ti so I think I will be alright. At least medium settings.

and i understand the co op thing. i wouldnt want them to work on co op and dumb down the game in the process. it's just a nice thinking about being able to slay dragons with a friend
Uhh Negative
Profile Joined May 2010
United States1090 Posts
May 07 2011 19:18 GMT
#395
Oblivion was the first game I bought for 360. This brings back awesome old memories. Really looking forward to playing this game and hopefully I'll be able to play it on a new PC.
maartendq
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Belgium3115 Posts
May 07 2011 19:18 GMT
#396
On May 08 2011 03:59 Golgotha wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 08 2011 03:41 maartendq wrote:
On May 08 2011 03:23 Golgotha wrote:
god i feel like im gonna have to upgrade my computer even before I get my new computer!

is it wishful thinking to think that they might just might add CO OP? god that would make my dream come true.

Don't upgrade your PC for this game. It'll have to run on consoles, so system reqs won't be that high.

No co-op is coming for this game. There's no way multiplayer fits the elder scrolls series.


thanks! my card is a Nvidia Geforce GTX 560 Ti so I think I will be alright. At least medium settings.

and i understand the co op thing. i wouldnt want them to work on co op and dumb down the game in the process. it's just a nice thinking about being able to slay dragons with a friend

A 560 Ti will probably max this game out no problem...
BabyGiraldo
Profile Joined February 2011
United States135 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-07 19:39:14
May 07 2011 19:25 GMT
#397
Pretty disappointed that they would think that making it in Skyrim was a good idea. I'm sure they'll find some ways to make it cool (hopefully), but to me Bruma and its surroundings was the worst area in the game, and thats with all the other cities being boring compared to Morrowind....

BUT I loved both oblivion and Morrowind and even if it is in a boring setting I'm sure the game will be awesome and that ill bust like 400 hours on it
In 1776 all men were created equal, in 1855 all of that changed.
sc4k
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United Kingdom5454 Posts
May 07 2011 19:31 GMT
#398
Fffffuuuu am I the only person who very much preferred the Medieval feeling of Oblivion? I don't want to traipse around a land of faeries and mushrooms and dwemer fortresses....meh...give me my horse and a random ride through the forest any day :D.
maartendq
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Belgium3115 Posts
May 07 2011 19:39 GMT
#399
On May 08 2011 04:25 BabyGiraldo wrote:
Pretty disappointed that they would think that making it in Skyrim was a good idea. I'm sure they'll find some ways to make it cool (hopefully), but to me Bruma and its surroundings was the worst area in the game, and thats with all the other cities being boring compared to Morrowind....

Bruma was a mountainous area done wrong, because they lacked space. I've had a look at the screenshots and they're really doing a good job, with isolated shrines, passes and cities.
Nothingtosay
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States875 Posts
May 07 2011 20:08 GMT
#400
On May 08 2011 04:31 sc4k wrote:
Fffffuuuu am I the only person who very much preferred the Medieval feeling of Oblivion? I don't want to traipse around a land of faeries and mushrooms and dwemer fortresses....meh...give me my horse and a random ride through the forest any day :D.

Then play oblivion? Franchises have to evolve over time to add incorporate newer members effectively and keep fans that aren't diehard.
[QUOTE][B]On October 16 2011 13:00 Anihc wrote:[/B] No, you're the one who's wrong. Nothingtosay got it right.[/QUOTE]:3
Prev 1 18 19 20 21 22 586 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
INu's Battles
20:00
INu's Battles#21
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
IntoTheiNu 906
LiquipediaDiscussion
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19:00
Weekly #149 (SHIN Mod Edition)
ByuN vs KrystianerLIVE!
CranKy Ducklings190
CranKy Ducklings SOOP18
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech33
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 35366
Shuttle 12670
FanTaSy 1642
Hyuk 1122
BeSt 564
Horang2 549
Pusan 370
Mini 311
Stork 247
EffOrt 208
[ Show more ]
Last 148
Killer 142
Zeus 140
Mind 88
Hyun 68
sorry 62
ggaemo 59
Snow 51
Sea.KH 50
PianO 48
ToSsGirL 37
Hm[arnc] 32
Bale 31
Soma 23
Aegong 21
JYJ 19
zelot 16
hero 13
ajuk12(nOOB) 11
Sacsri 11
NaDa 10
Noble 8
Dota 2
Dendi753
XcaliburYe361
Counter-Strike
fl0m1998
byalli845
x6flipin539
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu36
Other Games
gofns36207
singsing3010
B2W.Neo884
Hui .139
Livibee101
Mew2King61
ArmadaUGS0
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick667
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream69
[ Show 9 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix9
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
2h 50m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
6h 50m
BSL Open Qualifier
6h 50m
Replay Cast
10h 50m
Afreeca Starleague
21h 50m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
22h 50m
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 3h
Replay Cast
1d 10h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 21h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 22h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.