• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:10
CEST 14:10
KST 21:10
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup6StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10081 users

Elder Scrolls V - Skyrim - Page 19

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 17 18 19 20 21 586 Next
gix_
Profile Joined September 2010
Germany28 Posts
April 04 2011 02:13 GMT
#361
On April 04 2011 08:03 Gandling wrote:
With all this talk of Elder Scrolls Skyrim being announced i've decided to pick Oblivion up off the shelf and get back into it again.

"And yes mods do make the game much more replayable and do "fix" the game so to speak."

Never really tried any mods so far are there any mods people here can recommend? there are so many out there i wouldnt know where to begin.


Depends on what you want to mod. I'd suggest the Unofficial Oblivion Patch to fix a lot of bugs. If you want to try out a different approach to leveling I'd suggest Oscuro's Oblivion Overhaul. It's quite a huge mod that touches several aspects of the game. The main change is that combat is faster and deadlier, and enemies do not scale exactly with your character level (read it's Readme to see exactly what it changes. It's modular, too, so you can pick what you want).

On March 17 2011 02:47 Rashid wrote:
There were many times that i have the dilemma on whether to walk to a certain location on foot or fast travel on the map; if i walk it would take forever to get to my objective. It i fast travel then i might miss the many caves, mines and tombs scattered along the roads and miss on character leveling and important loot.

I don't get that argument. If you want to reach a certain location you don't go about clearing every dungeon you encounter along the way. And to get the map markers you can ride along the roads once, and then go back later if need be.

On March 17 2011 02:47 Rashid wrote:
Speaking of leveling, the leveling system is completely stupid. Not only are you forced to do the same action over and over again, if i do even a little action that requires character stats that are outside my major stats, then those points would be wasted when i level up. And the monsters leveling up to your level was even more stupid. Not just stupid that you never feel anymore stronger against a simple zombie 10 levels before, it's also stupid because if you built your character wrongly then you'll get pwned by even the lamest enemies in the game.


There's no need to be 100% anal about leveling (i.e. not overleveling anything). It completely kills the fun in the game, and it also makes you too strong. And for the rest there's a difficulty slider that you can use if you don't grasp how to build a normal character.
Regarding the leveling thing, the underlying idea is not that stupid. If enemies level with you, you have the freedom to go choose the order in which you explore the world. If on the other hand the enemies are fixed, you have no freedom and are forced to play a certain way. Both have advantages and disadvantages. And freedom is an important treat of the Elder Scrolls series. I feel that a balance between both would be best though (and OOO does that to some extent).
And I'd hate if this is "fixed" by adopting a boring linear style, like Dragon Age, or Two Worlds II.
antelope591
Profile Joined October 2007
Canada820 Posts
April 04 2011 03:21 GMT
#362
On April 04 2011 11:13 gix_ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 04 2011 08:03 Gandling wrote:
With all this talk of Elder Scrolls Skyrim being announced i've decided to pick Oblivion up off the shelf and get back into it again.

"And yes mods do make the game much more replayable and do "fix" the game so to speak."

Never really tried any mods so far are there any mods people here can recommend? there are so many out there i wouldnt know where to begin.


Depends on what you want to mod. I'd suggest the Unofficial Oblivion Patch to fix a lot of bugs. If you want to try out a different approach to leveling I'd suggest Oscuro's Oblivion Overhaul. It's quite a huge mod that touches several aspects of the game. The main change is that combat is faster and deadlier, and enemies do not scale exactly with your character level (read it's Readme to see exactly what it changes. It's modular, too, so you can pick what you want).

Show nested quote +
On March 17 2011 02:47 Rashid wrote:
There were many times that i have the dilemma on whether to walk to a certain location on foot or fast travel on the map; if i walk it would take forever to get to my objective. It i fast travel then i might miss the many caves, mines and tombs scattered along the roads and miss on character leveling and important loot.

I don't get that argument. If you want to reach a certain location you don't go about clearing every dungeon you encounter along the way. And to get the map markers you can ride along the roads once, and then go back later if need be.

Show nested quote +
On March 17 2011 02:47 Rashid wrote:
Speaking of leveling, the leveling system is completely stupid. Not only are you forced to do the same action over and over again, if i do even a little action that requires character stats that are outside my major stats, then those points would be wasted when i level up. And the monsters leveling up to your level was even more stupid. Not just stupid that you never feel anymore stronger against a simple zombie 10 levels before, it's also stupid because if you built your character wrongly then you'll get pwned by even the lamest enemies in the game.


There's no need to be 100% anal about leveling (i.e. not overleveling anything). It completely kills the fun in the game, and it also makes you too strong. And for the rest there's a difficulty slider that you can use if you don't grasp how to build a normal character.
Regarding the leveling thing, the underlying idea is not that stupid. If enemies level with you, you have the freedom to go choose the order in which you explore the world. If on the other hand the enemies are fixed, you have no freedom and are forced to play a certain way. Both have advantages and disadvantages. And freedom is an important treat of the Elder Scrolls series. I feel that a balance between both would be best though (and OOO does that to some extent).
And I'd hate if this is "fixed" by adopting a boring linear style, like Dragon Age, or Two Worlds II.


I agree that freedom is very important to the elder scroll series however there does need to be a balance to a certain point. A staple of any RPG is having that optional boss that will stomp your face in unless you're strong enough to handle it and dungeons with good loot that are inaccessible until you reach a certain level...having bandits with glass armor is just as stupid as a boring linear style -_-
dcemuser
Profile Joined August 2010
United States3248 Posts
April 04 2011 03:48 GMT
#363
Yeah there's definitely a balance.

It's no fun to be wandering around as a level 5 looking for an appropriate place to level in a completely unmarked world and all of a sudden you get 1-shot by a level 30.

And the opposite situation, running around as level 30 getting trash loot because all the mobs you can find are level 5 and you're looking for that needle in a haystack level 30 dungeon.

As much as people hate Oblivion's level scaling, the alternative is pretty bad too. I definitely understand why they did what they did and hope they can find some balance between the two.
BlackMagister
Profile Joined October 2008
United States5834 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-04 04:13:36
April 04 2011 04:06 GMT
#364
The enemy leveling thing definitely had problems. One of the quests in Oblivion had you supporting a bunch of guards vs a demon portals that spawn enemies. Not a big deal if you're doing this at low levels with scamps vs guards, guards being able to hold their own and kill at least one or injure the scamp. However at higher level it's master demons that can quickly kill multiple guards and and there was really nothing you could do eventually being overwhelmed. There is a side quest version of this and a main quest version. I was able to do the main quest one, but the side one was too difficult given I had leveled up and the guards supporting me were weaker than the help in the main quest version.

Other low level quests were also weird when you see villagers, an allied one at that, have Daedric armor to kill mountain lions 0_0.

Yeah it's good because it allows freedom, but it could cause balance issues with how quests are scaled up or improper leveling.
overt
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States9006 Posts
April 04 2011 04:21 GMT
#365
All of the news surrounding Skyrim has really disappointed me. Introducing perks? No classes? They had a nearly perfect game when Morrowind came out and it seems like with both Oblivion and Skyrim they just keep taking steps back.

I'll still pick it up and I'm sure it'll be fun but at this rate I'm going to gradually get less and less excited for Elder Scrolls games.
BlackMagister
Profile Joined October 2008
United States5834 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-04 05:54:51
April 04 2011 04:33 GMT
#366
The article about the game's combat system being improved included in the OP seems to indicate the game's combat is going to be more fun. Perks seem to defile the game, but when you think about it's nice for the weapons to be a little different, one doing more damage another having a stagger effect. The way they changed melee, magic and ranged combat seem to be all improvements. Ranged combat being more like an assassination tool than rapid fire is the most interesting, might try doing a mostly stealth character. What's even more interesting is they took this idea from an Oblivion mod.

I also think it's good that they're limiting the range of character movement. When you have too much freedom in combat it just feels unnatural like Morrowind, random slashing and running around with too many possible abuses. I just ended up abusing speed boosting items and with a permanent float enchanted item you can literally kill any enemy with ranged moves.

Boots of blinding speed (magic resist spell to remove blind effect) + float spell on a ring = Best Combat and Travel Method

I'm not sure why you're annoyed they removed classes. Weren't they just preset benefit packages anyways? You could make custom classes that would be hybrids or only slightly different from existing classed.
Phyre
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
United States1288 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-04 04:46:45
April 04 2011 04:45 GMT
#367
On April 04 2011 13:33 BlackMagister wrote:
I'm not sure why you're annoyed they removed classes. Weren't they just preset benefit packages anyways? You could make custom classes that would be hybrids or only slightly different from existing classed.

Pretty much. The "classes" were just preselected combinations of skillsets that you could just as easily select yourself. The preset classes were also awful. Rolling your own allowed you to make characters drastically stronger than the presets. The presets were only for lazy players that liked struggling through the game with gimped characters.
"Oh no, I got you with your pants... on your face... That's not how you wear pants." - Nintu, catching 1 hatch lurks.
ThaZenith
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada3116 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-09 01:47:30
April 09 2011 01:46 GMT
#368
Skyrim is definitely the game I"m most looking forward to this year.

I had gotten Oblivion on the day it game out, and I sunk so many hours into it. Recently decided to download Morrowind, and will be trying it out a bit. If it can't satisfy me I may have to restart on Oblivion to quench my TES needs.


On April 04 2011 11:13 gix_ wrote:


Show nested quote +
On March 17 2011 02:47 Rashid wrote:
There were many times that i have the dilemma on whether to walk to a certain location on foot or fast travel on the map; if i walk it would take forever to get to my objective. It i fast travel then i might miss the many caves, mines and tombs scattered along the roads and miss on character leveling and important loot.

I don't get that argument. If you want to reach a certain location you don't go about clearing every dungeon you encounter along the way. And to get the map markers you can ride along the roads once, and then go back later if need be.


He totally sounds like me. If I decided to go somewhere a 5 min walk away, I'd get there 4 hours later. If ever. I'd probably hit up some side quests and get distracted lol.
Joedaddy
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States1948 Posts
April 09 2011 02:15 GMT
#369
I remember when I was leveling up my sneak skill. I went into a house and locked my guy into sneak mode and taped the thumb stick to the side so it would be constantly moving face first into a corner.

The next morning when I woke up, I had max sneak skill! lol <3 that game.
I might be the minority on TL, but TL is the minority everywhere else.
dark0dave
Profile Joined November 2010
179 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-09 04:01:48
April 09 2011 03:59 GMT
#370
Can't wait, hope its more like morrowind then oblivion. More emersion and less shiny in other words. Don't mess it up bethesda, the music is perfect.

Reality
Unfortuantely I think bethesda are trying to hard to please everyone. I think they should just make it for rpg fan boys (insert rainbow trololol here). Not to sure about perks, fallout 3 ehhh kinda hmmm. Well we shall see when it comes out.
What is dead may never die. BW forever.
BlackMagister
Profile Joined October 2008
United States5834 Posts
April 09 2011 04:09 GMT
#371
On April 09 2011 11:15 Joedaddy wrote:
I remember when I was leveling up my sneak skill. I went into a house and locked my guy into sneak mode and taped the thumb stick to the side so it would be constantly moving face first into a corner.

The next morning when I woke up, I had max sneak skill! lol <3 that game.

Lol, if you're going to do that you may as well just enter the console commands to change your sneak skill to max.
Aequos
Profile Joined October 2010
Canada606 Posts
April 09 2011 04:13 GMT
#372
On April 04 2011 12:21 antelope591 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 04 2011 11:13 gix_ wrote:
On April 04 2011 08:03 Gandling wrote:
With all this talk of Elder Scrolls Skyrim being announced i've decided to pick Oblivion up off the shelf and get back into it again.

"And yes mods do make the game much more replayable and do "fix" the game so to speak."

Never really tried any mods so far are there any mods people here can recommend? there are so many out there i wouldnt know where to begin.


Depends on what you want to mod. I'd suggest the Unofficial Oblivion Patch to fix a lot of bugs. If you want to try out a different approach to leveling I'd suggest Oscuro's Oblivion Overhaul. It's quite a huge mod that touches several aspects of the game. The main change is that combat is faster and deadlier, and enemies do not scale exactly with your character level (read it's Readme to see exactly what it changes. It's modular, too, so you can pick what you want).

On March 17 2011 02:47 Rashid wrote:
There were many times that i have the dilemma on whether to walk to a certain location on foot or fast travel on the map; if i walk it would take forever to get to my objective. It i fast travel then i might miss the many caves, mines and tombs scattered along the roads and miss on character leveling and important loot.

I don't get that argument. If you want to reach a certain location you don't go about clearing every dungeon you encounter along the way. And to get the map markers you can ride along the roads once, and then go back later if need be.

On March 17 2011 02:47 Rashid wrote:
Speaking of leveling, the leveling system is completely stupid. Not only are you forced to do the same action over and over again, if i do even a little action that requires character stats that are outside my major stats, then those points would be wasted when i level up. And the monsters leveling up to your level was even more stupid. Not just stupid that you never feel anymore stronger against a simple zombie 10 levels before, it's also stupid because if you built your character wrongly then you'll get pwned by even the lamest enemies in the game.


There's no need to be 100% anal about leveling (i.e. not overleveling anything). It completely kills the fun in the game, and it also makes you too strong. And for the rest there's a difficulty slider that you can use if you don't grasp how to build a normal character.
Regarding the leveling thing, the underlying idea is not that stupid. If enemies level with you, you have the freedom to go choose the order in which you explore the world. If on the other hand the enemies are fixed, you have no freedom and are forced to play a certain way. Both have advantages and disadvantages. And freedom is an important treat of the Elder Scrolls series. I feel that a balance between both would be best though (and OOO does that to some extent).
And I'd hate if this is "fixed" by adopting a boring linear style, like Dragon Age, or Two Worlds II.


I agree that freedom is very important to the elder scroll series however there does need to be a balance to a certain point. A staple of any RPG is having that optional boss that will stomp your face in unless you're strong enough to handle it and dungeons with good loot that are inaccessible until you reach a certain level...having bandits with glass armor is just as stupid as a boring linear style -_-


Hehe, that reminds me of many funny experiences while playing Oblivion

BANDIT: Your money or your life!

Me (at my computer): Why would he want 50 gold pieces, he has armor worth several million times that? Ah well, I don't negotiate with bandits.

PC: No.

*Bandit and 50 friends dressed in full glass/daedric armor jump out and murder PC.*

Me: Dammit.

Seriously, the leveling system was way overdone - you never got any loot that wasn't perfectly suited to your level, and leveling ranged was brutally difficult due to the way ranged weapons scaled.
I first realized Immortals were reincarnated Dragoons when I saw them dancing helplessly behind my Stalkers.
Noradrenaline
Profile Joined December 2010
Australia41 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-09 08:09:41
April 09 2011 08:09 GMT
#373
[QUOTE]On April 09 2011 10:46 ThaZenith wrote:
Skyrim is definitely the game I"m most looking forward to this year.

I had gotten Oblivion on the day it game out, and I sunk so many hours into it. Recently decided to download Morrowind, and will be trying it out a bit. If it can't satisfy me I may have to restart on Oblivion to quench my TES needs.


It will take you a few hours, but make sure you follow the enhancement packages available, i was going to reccomend morrowind complete 2009 on wordpress but it seems theres a 2011 available which looks intriguing, I may have to download and experiment for myself since Morrowind is my one and only true RPG love. The good thing about the morrowind patches is that they merely enhance and extend the vanilla feel of what was an already great game, rather than make the more drastic changes many people felt Oblivion needed whilst still remaining the prettier-but-dumber step sister. Happy modding!
I am Legion, for We are Many
BlackMagister
Profile Joined October 2008
United States5834 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-09 20:34:40
April 09 2011 20:29 GMT
#374
I've played Morrowind without mods and it certainly is difficult to get into the game. Years back I tried a new game but couldn't do it without cheats/console commands to give my travel abilities a boost (too lazy to look for mods) because of how ridiculously slow paced the game is at the start. I really have no idea how I got into the game at all and I doubt anyone starting with Oblivion could go back to Morrowind without being frustrated. Sure Morrowind is great for it's time and is complex, but it's not user friendly at all compared to Oblivion. Travel is a head ache unless you figure out good travel techniques. The game also looks like crap, there really is no way around this, brown is the most often used color and you seem to spend a large amount of time traveling through places with no scenery. I'm not really saying Morrowind is a bad game, just if you've become used to modern video games it's really hard to go back.

Although the Daedric worlds in Oblivion were pretty bad, I got lost in them and for at least one world I ended up just using console commands to fly and go through things because I had no idea how to get up a hill.
plated.rawr
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Norway1676 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-10 00:22:18
April 09 2011 22:27 GMT
#375
On April 04 2011 10:38 antelope591 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 04 2011 08:03 Gandling wrote:
With all this talk of Elder Scrolls Skyrim being announced i've decided to pick Oblivion up off the shelf and get back into it again.

"And yes mods do make the game much more replayable and do "fix" the game so to speak."

Never really tried any mods so far are there any mods people here can recommend? there are so many out there i wouldnt know where to begin.


http://sites.google.com/site/ballofflame/balloffire'soblivionmodlist

pretty good modlist....to me the must haves are a mod that changes the horrible leveling system (there's a bunch out there whichever u prefer) and obscuro's oblivion overhaul which pretty much changes/improves every aspect of the game. Other than that its personal preference for which areas u want to alter

Spent most of yesterday downloading and adding these mods. Oblivion crashed, and of course, I have no idea which mod is the bugged one, even with BOSS sorting things and giving pretty good advice.

I'll try again today with only a few of the mods, then add more as I go along.

Edit; Trying UnofficialPatch3.2, OOO, Deadly Reflex 6, Guard Overhaul, Less Annoying Magic, Midas Magic 1 and 2 as well as Supreme Magicka. Wish me luck!

Editedit: And it's still crashing. Well, screw it.

Editeditedit: Meh, I love the game too much to give up that easy. Made a full game and mod-purge, and reinstalled with OOO, Deadly Reflex and using OBMM and OBSE only. Works fine so far. Will try to add more mods eventually, but for now, I'll toy around with these two first.
Savior broke my heart ;_; || twitch.tv/onnings
Joedaddy
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States1948 Posts
April 10 2011 02:27 GMT
#376
On April 09 2011 13:09 BlackMagister wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 09 2011 11:15 Joedaddy wrote:
I remember when I was leveling up my sneak skill. I went into a house and locked my guy into sneak mode and taped the thumb stick to the side so it would be constantly moving face first into a corner.

The next morning when I woke up, I had max sneak skill! lol <3 that game.

Lol, if you're going to do that you may as well just enter the console commands to change your sneak skill to max.


oO oh snap; I had no idea there were console commands to change skill levels!! But I bought it release day and got bored with it after about 3 weeks.
I might be the minority on TL, but TL is the minority everywhere else.
dukethegold
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Canada5645 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-10 02:40:55
April 10 2011 02:40 GMT
#377
No worries. Whatever wrong that Skyrim shall have, the PC modders shall correct them all.

Part of the "fun" with Oblivion and Fallout is modding. I just hope the new engine is far more stable and less likely to crash after mass modding.
Nyx
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Rwanda460 Posts
April 10 2011 12:42 GMT
#378
On April 10 2011 07:27 plated.rawr wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 04 2011 10:38 antelope591 wrote:
On April 04 2011 08:03 Gandling wrote:
With all this talk of Elder Scrolls Skyrim being announced i've decided to pick Oblivion up off the shelf and get back into it again.

"And yes mods do make the game much more replayable and do "fix" the game so to speak."

Never really tried any mods so far are there any mods people here can recommend? there are so many out there i wouldnt know where to begin.


http://sites.google.com/site/ballofflame/balloffire'soblivionmodlist

pretty good modlist....to me the must haves are a mod that changes the horrible leveling system (there's a bunch out there whichever u prefer) and obscuro's oblivion overhaul which pretty much changes/improves every aspect of the game. Other than that its personal preference for which areas u want to alter

Spent most of yesterday downloading and adding these mods. Oblivion crashed, and of course, I have no idea which mod is the bugged one, even with BOSS sorting things and giving pretty good advice.

I'll try again today with only a few of the mods, then add more as I go along.

Edit; Trying UnofficialPatch3.2, OOO, Deadly Reflex 6, Guard Overhaul, Less Annoying Magic, Midas Magic 1 and 2 as well as Supreme Magicka. Wish me luck!

Editedit: And it's still crashing. Well, screw it.

Editeditedit: Meh, I love the game too much to give up that easy. Made a full game and mod-purge, and reinstalled with OOO, Deadly Reflex and using OBMM and OBSE only. Works fine so far. Will try to add more mods eventually, but for now, I'll toy around with these two first.


You thought about grabbing any graphics ones? To be honest with the right combination it makes Oblivion look better than anything I've seen in these Skyrim trailers.

You don't have to worry about performance either, there's a performance mod and a 4gb enabler as well as some easy cfg modifications that gave me a ridiculous performance boost.

Qarls texture pack is a start, there's torrents avaliable for it which are plenty fast.
LOD mods help immersion a lot: http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=71419

Streamline improves performance a ton: http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=10400
So does operation optimization: http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=10510

There's loads more to be found, you can also activate AA and HDR at the same time in the .cfg files.
plated.rawr
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Norway1676 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-10 14:11:18
April 10 2011 14:10 GMT
#379
On April 10 2011 21:42 Nyx wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 10 2011 07:27 plated.rawr wrote:
On April 04 2011 10:38 antelope591 wrote:
On April 04 2011 08:03 Gandling wrote:
With all this talk of Elder Scrolls Skyrim being announced i've decided to pick Oblivion up off the shelf and get back into it again.

"And yes mods do make the game much more replayable and do "fix" the game so to speak."

Never really tried any mods so far are there any mods people here can recommend? there are so many out there i wouldnt know where to begin.


http://sites.google.com/site/ballofflame/balloffire'soblivionmodlist

pretty good modlist....to me the must haves are a mod that changes the horrible leveling system (there's a bunch out there whichever u prefer) and obscuro's oblivion overhaul which pretty much changes/improves every aspect of the game. Other than that its personal preference for which areas u want to alter

Spent most of yesterday downloading and adding these mods. Oblivion crashed, and of course, I have no idea which mod is the bugged one, even with BOSS sorting things and giving pretty good advice.

I'll try again today with only a few of the mods, then add more as I go along.

Edit; Trying UnofficialPatch3.2, OOO, Deadly Reflex 6, Guard Overhaul, Less Annoying Magic, Midas Magic 1 and 2 as well as Supreme Magicka. Wish me luck!

Editedit: And it's still crashing. Well, screw it.

Editeditedit: Meh, I love the game too much to give up that easy. Made a full game and mod-purge, and reinstalled with OOO, Deadly Reflex and using OBMM and OBSE only. Works fine so far. Will try to add more mods eventually, but for now, I'll toy around with these two first.


You thought about grabbing any graphics ones? To be honest with the right combination it makes Oblivion look better than anything I've seen in these Skyrim trailers.

You don't have to worry about performance either, there's a performance mod and a 4gb enabler as well as some easy cfg modifications that gave me a ridiculous performance boost.

Qarls texture pack is a start, there's torrents avaliable for it which are plenty fast.
LOD mods help immersion a lot: http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=71419

Streamline improves performance a ton: http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=10400
So does operation optimization: http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=10510

There's loads more to be found, you can also activate AA and HDR at the same time in the .cfg files.

My computer's already overheating and crashing with medium settings on vanilla Oblivion graphics, so while I would like a graphics overhaul, my computer doesn't.

Edit: I did have Streamline 3.1 in my first packet of mods, but I didn't readd it after the purge. I'll see if I add it later on.
Savior broke my heart ;_; || twitch.tv/onnings
Nyx
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Rwanda460 Posts
April 10 2011 16:32 GMT
#380
On April 10 2011 23:10 plated.rawr wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 10 2011 21:42 Nyx wrote:
On April 10 2011 07:27 plated.rawr wrote:
On April 04 2011 10:38 antelope591 wrote:
On April 04 2011 08:03 Gandling wrote:
With all this talk of Elder Scrolls Skyrim being announced i've decided to pick Oblivion up off the shelf and get back into it again.

"And yes mods do make the game much more replayable and do "fix" the game so to speak."

Never really tried any mods so far are there any mods people here can recommend? there are so many out there i wouldnt know where to begin.


http://sites.google.com/site/ballofflame/balloffire'soblivionmodlist

pretty good modlist....to me the must haves are a mod that changes the horrible leveling system (there's a bunch out there whichever u prefer) and obscuro's oblivion overhaul which pretty much changes/improves every aspect of the game. Other than that its personal preference for which areas u want to alter

Spent most of yesterday downloading and adding these mods. Oblivion crashed, and of course, I have no idea which mod is the bugged one, even with BOSS sorting things and giving pretty good advice.

I'll try again today with only a few of the mods, then add more as I go along.

Edit; Trying UnofficialPatch3.2, OOO, Deadly Reflex 6, Guard Overhaul, Less Annoying Magic, Midas Magic 1 and 2 as well as Supreme Magicka. Wish me luck!

Editedit: And it's still crashing. Well, screw it.

Editeditedit: Meh, I love the game too much to give up that easy. Made a full game and mod-purge, and reinstalled with OOO, Deadly Reflex and using OBMM and OBSE only. Works fine so far. Will try to add more mods eventually, but for now, I'll toy around with these two first.


You thought about grabbing any graphics ones? To be honest with the right combination it makes Oblivion look better than anything I've seen in these Skyrim trailers.

You don't have to worry about performance either, there's a performance mod and a 4gb enabler as well as some easy cfg modifications that gave me a ridiculous performance boost.

Qarls texture pack is a start, there's torrents avaliable for it which are plenty fast.
LOD mods help immersion a lot: http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=71419

Streamline improves performance a ton: http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=10400
So does operation optimization: http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=10510

There's loads more to be found, you can also activate AA and HDR at the same time in the .cfg files.

My computer's already overheating and crashing with medium settings on vanilla Oblivion graphics, so while I would like a graphics overhaul, my computer doesn't.

Edit: I did have Streamline 3.1 in my first packet of mods, but I didn't readd it after the purge. I'll see if I add it later on.


Personally, after tweaking everything, I have higher FPS with tweaks and graphics mods than with vanilla on high. Which is why I suggested it.
Prev 1 17 18 19 20 21 586 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
INu's Battles
20:00
INu's Battles#21
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
IntoTheiNu 906
LiquipediaDiscussion
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19:00
Weekly #149 (SHIN Mod Edition)
ByuN vs KrystianerLIVE!
CranKy Ducklings190
CranKy Ducklings SOOP18
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech33
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 35366
Shuttle 12670
FanTaSy 1642
Hyuk 1122
BeSt 564
Horang2 549
Pusan 370
Mini 311
Stork 247
EffOrt 208
[ Show more ]
Last 148
Killer 142
Zeus 140
Mind 88
Hyun 68
sorry 62
ggaemo 59
Snow 51
Sea.KH 50
PianO 48
ToSsGirL 37
Hm[arnc] 32
Bale 31
Soma 23
Aegong 21
JYJ 19
zelot 16
hero 13
ajuk12(nOOB) 11
Sacsri 11
NaDa 10
Noble 8
Dota 2
Dendi753
XcaliburYe361
Counter-Strike
fl0m1998
byalli845
x6flipin539
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu36
Other Games
gofns36207
singsing3010
B2W.Neo884
Hui .139
Livibee101
Mew2King61
ArmadaUGS0
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick667
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream69
[ Show 9 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix9
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
2h 50m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
6h 50m
BSL Open Qualifier
6h 50m
Replay Cast
10h 50m
Afreeca Starleague
21h 50m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
22h 50m
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 3h
Replay Cast
1d 10h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 21h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 22h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.