• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:45
CEST 12:45
KST 19:45
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup5StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder BSL Season 23 BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 12213 users

Elder Scrolls V - Skyrim - Page 17

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 15 16 17 18 19 586 Next
Kibibit
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States1551 Posts
March 02 2011 02:40 GMT
#321
I'm endlessly excited, I personally hope for something between Morrowind and Oblivion in content. On the one hand, Morrowind did Immersion, storyline, most of the quest lines (with the interesting exception of the Main Quest lines), the handling of leveled lists and the realistic clashing of factions pretty damn well. I also find the separation of short and long blade and most of the non-expansion voice acting to be decent as well.

On the other hand, Oblivion had a better main quest line (albeit somewhat less interesting side quests), a much or slightly expansion, depending on if you're comparing Shivering Isles to Bloodmoon or Tribunal, better Marskman options, Perks, combat, stealth, AI, Quest Ideas and a whole host of mechanically based small improvements.

Basically, I want the immersion of Morrowind and the refinement of Oblivion in short. In fact, I'd almost want to see Elsweyr or Black Marsh done for a different reason than Pyrrhuloxia; Morrowind was a rather unique story. Bethesda, for better or for worse, build a culture from the ground up, unlike Oblivion and likely Skyrim, which pull heavily from established cultures in our own world.

R.I.P. 우정호 || Do probes dream of psionic sheep?
Karliath
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States2214 Posts
March 03 2011 04:37 GMT
#322
This Pandora station is pretty much what I'm thinking about...without the heavy metal of course.

http://bit.ly/dGAeR0
gurrpp
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States437 Posts
March 03 2011 04:54 GMT
#323
Getting hyped for this by playing through morrowind again.
hot fuh days
Roeder
Profile Joined July 2010
Denmark735 Posts
March 03 2011 15:53 GMT
#324
I loved Oblivion, I loved the Fallout series and I'm going to love this as well.
Starcraft is a mix between chess, poker and a Michael Bay movie.
sevenfour
Profile Joined March 2011
Canada2 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-03 19:22:37
March 03 2011 19:20 GMT
#325
On March 02 2011 11:40 Kibibit wrote:
I'm endlessly excited, I personally hope for something between Morrowind and Oblivion in content. On the one hand, Morrowind did Immersion, storyline, most of the quest lines (with the interesting exception of the Main Quest lines), the handling of leveled lists and the realistic clashing of factions pretty damn well. I also find the separation of short and long blade and most of the non-expansion voice acting to be decent as well.

On the other hand, Oblivion had a better main quest line (albeit somewhat less interesting side quests), a much or slightly expansion, depending on if you're comparing Shivering Isles to Bloodmoon or Tribunal, better Marskman options, Perks, combat, stealth, AI, Quest Ideas and a whole host of mechanically based small improvements.

Basically, I want the immersion of Morrowind and the refinement of Oblivion in short. In fact, I'd almost want to see Elsweyr or Black Marsh done for a different reason than Pyrrhuloxia; Morrowind was a rather unique story. Bethesda, for better or for worse, build a culture from the ground up, unlike Oblivion and likely Skyrim, which pull heavily from established cultures in our own world.


QFT except that oblivion's main quest line was terrible (predictable, not unique at all) in my opinion, but shivering isles was cool.

Probably won't buy ES:V. I can't see Bethesda moving back towards the direction of the more unique, unguided gameplay style that Morrowind had as well as it's unique lore (and why I liked it), especially after fallout 3

I'd like to see a game that's done like Morrowind but with much more active AI (maybe procedurally generated characters that come and go from the province?) and mechanics that are expanding on the one thing that oblivion started doing sort of well. I'd really like it if the mechanics required strategic thought and/or muscle control from the player to be successful though. In Oblivion and Morrowind, I found that it was way too easy to build an invincible character. You didn't need to do any thinking in the battle, you only needed to know what the most effective skills and effects were. I hardly used casting classes at all in either game because they were weak and none of the non-destruction spells had a strong enough effect to make them worth using (with some exceptions like paralyze, albeit you had to already be a high level character to take advantage of them)

Plus the character models still look terrible. The graphics in general look about the same as oblivion but with shadows on static objects, and maybe slightly better particle effects.
Kalles
Profile Joined June 2008
Sweden83 Posts
March 03 2011 19:51 GMT
#326
One of nice things about several of the Beta-testa games are that while they might be buggy (until a couple of patches), after a couple of patches and a decent mod or two the games are very nice. (Balance tweaking with mods might get you a bit more balanced magic in Oblivion for instance)

(Lets hope they implement a nice scripting environment for moders this time around. The scripting environment for moders have been lacking historically, but even so several mods are pretty nice)
Drowsy
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
United States4876 Posts
March 03 2011 23:27 GMT
#327
The King (Emperor) of Skyrim (Cyrrodil) has been slain! The Dragons (hordes of oblivion) are returning and wrecking havoc! Only our hero, recently escaped/released from prison, can save the world.


I'm not expecting anything from the main quest, I will measure the success of this game by immersiveness, combat, and side-quests.
Our Protoss, Who art in Aiur HongUn be Thy name; Thy stalker come, Thy will be blunk, on ladder as it is in Micro Tourny. Give us this win in our daily ladder, and forgive us our cheeses, As we forgive those who play zerg against us.
cody1024d
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
107 Posts
March 03 2011 23:32 GMT
#328
I agree Drowsy. However, in general are the main quests ever very good (I mean within Morrowind and Oblivion). I always found them to be quite lack luster, when compared to other WRPGs, and RPGs in general. I always found the immersion aspect to be the redeeming quality (hopefully) of the games.
No point in half-assing it.
Liquoid
Profile Joined September 2010
United Kingdom275 Posts
March 04 2011 03:23 GMT
#329
I sincerely hope the feedback gained from creating Fallout 3 and Fallout: New Vegas will have an improving impact on TES V.
Saturnize
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States2473 Posts
March 07 2011 20:27 GMT
#330
This has to be added to the OP

http://instantbutton.me/buttons/fus_ro_dah_20110227001225.html
"Time to put the mustard on the hotdog. -_-"
Facedriller
Profile Joined January 2011
Sweden275 Posts
March 07 2011 20:40 GMT
#331
I absolutely loved oblivion when i got to play it, it was my first real RPG game and i played it for a long time...such a great game.

I can't fucking wait for Skyrim.
A Marine walks into a bar and says: "Where's the counter?"
Aequos
Profile Joined October 2010
Canada606 Posts
March 07 2011 20:48 GMT
#332
I really, really hope they don't introduce fast travel from anywhere to this game. I find that it discourages exploration and removes the fun little "side areas" that I loved about Morrowind/FO3 but found lacking in Oblivion and New Vegas.

The other thing I hope for is that they don't make all the guilds Quest-Dependant to rank up in. It just kills replay value.

Other than these 2 issues, the game looks excellent. I can't wait to play it.
I first realized Immortals were reincarnated Dragoons when I saw them dancing helplessly behind my Stalkers.
RyanRushia
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States2748 Posts
March 07 2011 20:51 GMT
#333
oblivion and shattering isles were incredible games + followup DLC, very excited for skyrim
I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I set him free. | coL.Ryan | www.twitter.com/coL_RyanR
CursOr
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States6335 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-16 10:45:34
March 16 2011 10:44 GMT
#334
Just old guy here- I played Elder Scrolls 1 when it was on like 10 3.5" floppy discs and I've played each since.

In theory, I think Daggerfall was the best. The deepest. Most original character generation. You could give your character NEGATIVE attributes like weakness to light, or holy places, or even darkness- to give them more positive powers. And the list of skills was a mile long. The dungeons and world were MUCH bigger than Oblivion + Morrowind X 10. Easily. But of course the graphics were terrible.

Each game has its own very interesting attributes, but each has felt a little narrower than the previous in terms of scope, options and originality. I hope the character generation is deeper and a little more complex. Though, Oblivion was still, of course, a gorgeous game.

I'm so totally excited about this! Nice thread and OP too. <3
CJ forever (-_-(-_-(-_-(-_-)-_-)-_-)-_-)
Kahzaar
Profile Joined October 2010
Sweden897 Posts
March 16 2011 11:07 GMT
#335
I have so far only played through Morrowind and It's probably one of my favourite games. I've tried to get into Daggerfall, but it didn't really appeal to me. I've had trouble deciding whether I should get Oblivion or not. User critiques varies form 0 to 10, but now when Skyrim is coming I've decided to play through Oblivion to get updated on what's happened in the Elder Scrolls universe in for Skyrim
0x64
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
Finland4646 Posts
March 16 2011 11:36 GMT
#336
On March 16 2011 20:07 Kahzaar wrote:
I have so far only played through Morrowind and It's probably one of my favourite games. I've tried to get into Daggerfall, but it didn't really appeal to me. I've had trouble deciding whether I should get Oblivion or not. User critiques varies form 0 to 10, but now when Skyrim is coming I've decided to play through Oblivion to get updated on what's happened in the Elder Scrolls universe in for Skyrim


If you liked morrowind, dont get into oblivion. All aspect that made morrowind great were destroyed in oblivion.
Dump of assembler code from 0xffffffec to 0x64: End of assembler dump.
Sarasin
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada109 Posts
March 16 2011 11:40 GMT
#337
All I want from this game is that is allows me the same things Morrowind did and that Oblivion ripped away. A pretty large diverse world to explore, a real culture from the residents of said world, and a pretty hard climb up the ladder of power BUT once you climb up that ladder you are basically God. That was one of my favorite parts of Morrowind after trudging around for endless hours getting confused which boats went where or just getting lost/beaten/overpowered over and over I could came back and blow their faces off with giant balls of lightning. I had a ring that left me levitate constantly, boots of super speed that were supposed to blind you but my handy ridiculously over-powered ring handled that.

I've always loved very hard games that have intended mechanics (not actual cheat codes mind) that after a long hard climb up the mountain of difficulty you just get to cruise back down again punting everyone who tried to stop your ascent down the mountain with ease.
Squeegy
Profile Joined October 2009
Finland1166 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-16 14:49:57
March 16 2011 14:21 GMT
#338
On March 16 2011 20:40 Sarasin wrote:
All I want from this game is that is allows me the same things Morrowind did and that Oblivion ripped away. A pretty large diverse world to explore, a real culture from the residents of said world, and a pretty hard climb up the ladder of power BUT once you climb up that ladder you are basically God. That was one of my favorite parts of Morrowind after trudging around for endless hours getting confused which boats went where or just getting lost/beaten/overpowered over and over I could came back and blow their faces off with giant balls of lightning. I had a ring that left me levitate constantly, boots of super speed that were supposed to blind you but my handy ridiculously over-powered ring handled that.

I've always loved very hard games that have intended mechanics (not actual cheat codes mind) that after a long hard climb up the mountain of difficulty you just get to cruise back down again punting everyone who tried to stop your ascent down the mountain with ease.


Well said, I agree. I mean, it's pretty cool when you stumble to a wrong place early on in a game and find a monster there that you have no chance of beating. And then you can return there much later to have a close and good fight. Of course crushing hordes of bandits that were giving you trouble ages ago is fun too. I have said this before but I think every RPG should have some kind of optional super boss that will be a challenge even when you have all the best stuff in the game. Because that kind of stuff makes you want to continue playing even after you've finished main storyline. And that also keeps the side quests meaningful, when you hope you find something that will help you beat the boss.

Also, as someone pointed out, the negative properties in Daggerfall: Yes, that is such a great idea and I even totally forgot about it. I too used to play Daggerfall. I remember reading somewhere that the game world is actually larger then the Great Britain. I could believe that. It was really huge.

Edit: Looking at the updates, it seems like Skyrim is going to be an action game and not an RPG.
Stan: Dude, dolphins are intelligent and friendly. Cartman: Intelligent and friendly on rye bread with some mayonnaise.
dangots0ul
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States919 Posts
March 16 2011 14:59 GMT
#339
was 4 really that good? i got the GOTY version and got bored in about 20 minutes
i type teamliquid into the url subconsciously... all...the...time...
Nirano
Profile Joined September 2010
Canada77 Posts
March 16 2011 15:02 GMT
#340
I adored the previous games. This will be a time sucker for me
Prev 1 15 16 17 18 19 586 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19:00
Weekly #149 (SHIN Mod Edition)
Krystianer vs TBD
CranKy Ducklings136
CranKy Ducklings SOOP21
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 11291
FanTaSy 1399
Hyuk 845
Horang2 577
BeSt 507
Pusan 244
Stork 196
Killer 116
Zeus 109
Mind 105
[ Show more ]
sorry 103
Last 97
Hyun 57
EffOrt 53
ggaemo 52
PianO 49
ToSsGirL 41
Snow 37
Bale 35
Hm[arnc] 30
JYJ 21
Aegong 16
Sacsri 11
Noble 6
zelot 6
Dota 2
XcaliburYe161
Counter-Strike
fl0m1109
byalli695
x6flipin219
Other Games
gofns38462
singsing2543
ArmadaUGS85
Mew2King72
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick700
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream78
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 14
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 9
• FirePhoenix3
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
INu's Battles
1h 15m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
IntoTheiNu 0
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
4h 15m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
8h 15m
BSL Open Qualifier
8h 15m
Replay Cast
12h 15m
Afreeca Starleague
23h 15m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 5h
Replay Cast
1d 12h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 23h
Soma vs Soulkey
[ Show More ]
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.