• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:19
CEST 04:19
KST 11:19
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War385.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Bot on ladder Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Making an Online Broodwar Manager Game BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9698 users

[Maplestory Hardcore] Let's Play~!! - Page 199

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 197 198 199 200 201 405 Next
nosliw
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
United States2716 Posts
May 09 2011 15:42 GMT
#3961
Do they even have a way to track if a certain chaos/pink/maple weapon was optained by the exploit?
xusam
Profile Joined February 2011
United States419 Posts
May 09 2011 15:45 GMT
#3962
I'm going to get rid all event items just to be safe. Not getting banned over losing mesos. Not with the amount of nx I've spent lol.
I like to ninja stuffs.
kesrith
Profile Joined May 2010
Germany393 Posts
May 09 2011 15:52 GMT
#3963
good thing I didn't chaos my czak.
Blitzkrieg0
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States13132 Posts
May 09 2011 15:55 GMT
#3964
On May 09 2011 21:52 Herper wrote:
The only reason things like these happens is because there is a hole in the way Nexon is securing Maplestory. Something radical has to be done and sadly, knowing Nexon, I don't see them doing anything about it. Sure they may patch it, but another exploit will come up.



Due to the nature of the way the game is played I don't think there's a way to secure that hole though. There were much more awesome hacks years ago (god mode/vac hack -> no delay), so I think Nexon is improving in that regard if it makes you feel any better. I don't agree with how they handle all the exploits, but my opinion doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things. I have my last finals tomorrow so I might be more active later in the week, but after reading the latest Nexon I'm not sure I want to.
I'll always be your shadow and veil your eyes from states of ain soph aur.
xusam
Profile Joined February 2011
United States419 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-09 17:15:13
May 09 2011 16:23 GMT
#3965
The bad thing is I stacked the chaos scrolls I bought from FM entrance for 10m each during the weekend April 30 and May 1 along with the chaos scrolls I bought before the event as well as the chaos scrolls i attained through my own coins. I want to sell the 5 chaos scrolls I bought from FM for 10m each but not the other chaos scrolls I am absolutely sure were legit. Also I'm holding on to 4-20% pink scrolls that Dyon gave me to sell. I have no idea if he got them from trading in maple weapons or if he bought them from the FM. I guess to be safe I can npc the pinks and then after nexon clears everything up I can buy legit pinks from the FM or get some coins to trade in for the pinks to give back to him. I have no problems with doing that. But the 25 chaos scrolls I have saved up will be npc'd since I can not separate the 5 chaos scrolls I bought from the FM a week ago with the chaos scrolls I got myself through my own legit coins.

I am going to put in a ticket like OP asking if the chaos scrolls I bought from the FM a week ago should also be npc'd.

Below is my ticket description. I don't think I can get much clearer than that.

+ Show Spoiler +
To whom it may concern,

The last 4 chaos scrolls I bought from the FM were on May 1st. These 4 chaos scrolls were then put into the same stack as chaos scrolls I have attained legit through the event as well as chaos scrolls I acquired prior to the anniversary event. I found out about the coin exploit on May 7th and proceeded to not make any purchases through the FM as well as not doing anything involving the coin event.

I have a very simple question.

Do you recommend that I sell the 4 chaos scrolls I bought from the FM on May 1st which being in the same "stack" of all my chaos scrolls (20ish scrolls) would include the chaos scrolls I had prior to this event?

I was going to do this anyways just to be safe, but I want to confirm this first. If I do not receive a confirmation before May 12, I will NPC all the chaos scrolls just to be safe.

Thank you for your time.

Regards,

Sam Xu


EDIT: My ticket above was closed fairly soon after it was received. Therefore I will be npcing all the chaos scrolls I have and the pink scrolls dyon gave me to sell just because I am not a risk taker. Regarding Dyon's 4 -20% 2 handed sword attack scrolls. I will get that back for him after this whole mess is over and the event is put back in place.
I like to ninja stuffs.
OpticalShot
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Canada6330 Posts
May 09 2011 17:03 GMT
#3966
Sam so polite and formal, my ticket looked like "YO DUDE I have chaos scrolsl SHUD I SELL? EH EH EH? ANSWER PL0X"
[TLMS] REBOOT
xVoiid
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Canada199 Posts
May 09 2011 17:08 GMT
#3967
Kay so I haven't played for a while (I DID play after Big Bang and The Resistance). The main reason why I quit was because the Resistance was OP as fuck (especially Mechanics). My Aran was just utterly useless, and I didn't want to "jump on the bandwagon" and play the Resistance, playing something that is OP isn't really fun, especially when everyone was Resistance. Is it worth playing atm? Are there any nerfs or balance changes or w.e? I understand if you don't agree with me with the fact that the Resistance *was* OP, but I can say myself they definitely were (to the point where making a *normal* class was pointless). Thanks.
It ain't over 'till it's over.
OpticalShot
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Canada6330 Posts
May 09 2011 17:11 GMT
#3968
Mechs aren't the annoying ones anymore, it's the goddam DWs. Anyways, Arans will be underpowered until chaos patch, where they'll receive a good boost I think. Plus, I still think your bearswipe (final blow) is so cool.

Since it looks like Nexon's making a decent attempt at cleaning up the mess, so it might be worth playing again.
[TLMS] REBOOT
xusam
Profile Joined February 2011
United States419 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-09 18:01:21
May 09 2011 17:16 GMT
#3969
Chaos patch will be coming in June so Arans will be the OP class.

EDIT: I'm not sure what nexon is trying to do, but if everyone actually does npc the exploited items and lose mesos because of that, this resolution will hurt the legit players quiet a bit. I have to say personally I'm not happy about this and I know no one likes to lose mesos especially when a good majority of the ms community thought a rollback was inevitable. However the way nexon is handling this is changing my opinion of the hackers that exploited this event.

For me personally buying exploited items was a win-win if all nexon did was implement rollbacks all the time. I get to have some fun scrolling stuff if there is a rollback or I get really cheap stuff if there isn't a rollback. Temp ban isn't too bad either because I can always use a break from the game, especially if I can come out with good items for cheap.

Now this is only if nexon is actually capable of tracking the exploited items. But if "legit" players, specifically people who item smega'd items that were chaos'd this weekend really do get banned because they wanted to take that risk of not getting rid of the items that they used exploited chaos scrolls on, then that is when I'll be amazed. Perhaps when those stories go up on forums, more people will associate less openly with these event exploiters.

In a way I kind of wish I bought exploited chaos scrolls on a mule acct and chao'd some stuff just to see if nexon is capable of tracking it. Mule acct being banned is not a big deal but knowing what nexon is capable of is to me.

I'm not saying I agree with nexon's actions but I do think if they are really doing what they are saying then more players will think twice before knowingly buying exploited items.

What do you guys think?
I like to ninja stuffs.
Tarias
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Netherlands480 Posts
May 09 2011 17:30 GMT
#3970
Servers up, come get spots!
Go big, or go home!
Kyuukyuu
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Canada6263 Posts
May 09 2011 18:27 GMT
#3971
On May 10 2011 02:08 xVoiid wrote:
Kay so I haven't played for a while (I DID play after Big Bang and The Resistance). The main reason why I quit was because the Resistance was OP as fuck (especially Mechanics). My Aran was just utterly useless, and I didn't want to "jump on the bandwagon" and play the Resistance, playing something that is OP isn't really fun, especially when everyone was Resistance. Is it worth playing atm? Are there any nerfs or balance changes or w.e? I understand if you don't agree with me with the fact that the Resistance *was* OP, but I can say myself they definitely were (to the point where making a *normal* class was pointless). Thanks.


Resistance blows, nobody even makes them any more
Blitzkrieg0
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States13132 Posts
May 09 2011 18:32 GMT
#3972
Good luck getting your ticket answered in a reasonable amount of time Sam.

I just think it's funny that they decided to do a maintenance to "avoid any further damage to the in game economy." but there's no rollback because it hasn't done enough damage to the game economy. It's a good thing Nexon was there to shut everything down just in time to save the economy! Their solution doesn't seem very good either, but if I thought Nexon did a good job about anything I might go see a psychiatrist.
I'll always be your shadow and veil your eyes from states of ain soph aur.
xusam
Profile Joined February 2011
United States419 Posts
May 09 2011 18:45 GMT
#3973
My ticket was closed which means the decision is mine to make. Being that I'm dumping all the items I have that is event related. That's just me though cuz I'm all about playing it safe. If anyone has seen that movie Along Came Polly, I'd be the Ben Stiller character. Lol
I like to ninja stuffs.
OpticalShot
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Canada6330 Posts
May 09 2011 19:12 GMT
#3974
wth they already responded (well by closing) to your ticket. mine's still up... sam im going to npc everything like you and that means that 66 atk gun you gave me i'll probably npc JUST TO BE 1000000% SAFE
[TLMS] REBOOT
xusam
Profile Joined February 2011
United States419 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-09 19:49:25
May 09 2011 19:28 GMT
#3975
Yea. I like to just ask myself if something is risk the chance of nexon false banning me. If I answer no, then I get rid of it lol. The event items were crap anyways. This whole exploit will most likely hurt the richer players more making TL stronger. That's pretty selfish but whatever lol.

EDIT: you guys might want to check out what hime has to say on the official nexon forums before doing anything. We do have until sunday. Hime has a few good clarifications. Just do keep in mind there has been times when hime has made mistakes in her past posts. What she says isn't always 100% true (in the past the nexon developers have changed their minds regarding certain clarifications). So in the end the decision is still yours. =)
I like to ninja stuffs.
Zarathusta
Profile Joined September 2010
United States114 Posts
May 09 2011 21:44 GMT
#3976
I'm just going to npc the 200 chaos scrolls I have. If I get banned for the shoes and claw that I scrolled in the past week with legit scrolls, well gg nexon. Good thing the 40m mesos I gave to a hacker get to be kept by that hacker.

As to the arguement that its our choice whether or not to buy the scrolls, it really isn't. We are partially a merching guild, I think most of us live by economic laws. You can't watch as chaos scrolls go to nothing and not buy some as a hedge against nexon doing nothing. Especially with the lack of action by nexon for the last week. The problem is that hackers made mad money off of their exploits, and don't even need to use mts exploits to keep their gains. Who cares if they lose the +7 skanda or 10000 scrolls when they probably made 1b off selling that stuff to people, who must now npc it.

Lastly, Nexon never really addressed the issue. A simple, "we are aware of the problem, and warn our users NOT to purchase exploited items." would have been nice, instead of the usual, "run amok while we sit with our thumbs up our ass."
Kenpachi
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States9908 Posts
May 09 2011 22:35 GMT
#3977
On May 10 2011 00:42 nosliw wrote:
Do they even have a way to track if a certain chaos/pink/maple weapon was optained by the exploit?

that is what im wondering..
Nada's body is South Korea's greatest weapon.
Nytefish
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United Kingdom4282 Posts
May 09 2011 22:41 GMT
#3978
Well basically hackers are rich people, legitimate users are the middle/lower class and Nexon is the US government. Exploits are like the financial crisis. The rich people run away with everyone's money and no punishment from the government.
No I'm never serious.
Profitlol
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States94 Posts
May 09 2011 23:34 GMT
#3979
Nexon is a terrible company, and Maplestory isn't a good game. We all play because it's fun to talk to other people from the TL community. We'll eventually start picking up doing stuff after finals are over.
OpticalShot
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Canada6330 Posts
May 10 2011 00:01 GMT
#3980
On May 10 2011 07:41 Nytefish wrote:
Well basically hackers are rich people, legitimate users are the middle/lower class and Nexon is the US government. Exploits are like the financial crisis. The rich people run away with everyone's money and no punishment from the government.

Well said.
[TLMS] REBOOT
Prev 1 197 198 199 200 201 405 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
08:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
CranKy Ducklings132
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 77
PiLiPiLi 27
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 1993
Bale 42
Dota 2
monkeys_forever535
NeuroSwarm194
League of Legends
Doublelift4408
Counter-Strike
taco 630
Other Games
summit1g7628
JimRising 542
C9.Mang0368
WinterStarcraft163
ViBE161
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick929
BasetradeTV178
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 110
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP96
• poizon28 32
• davetesta29
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Scarra1144
• Shiphtur16
Upcoming Events
Big Brain Bouts
7h 42m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
Online Event
9h 42m
AI Arena Tournament
14h 42m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
16h 42m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 7h
Patches Events
1d 12h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 16h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 16h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.