• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:44
CEST 04:44
KST 11:44
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7444 users

Magic: The Gathering - Page 277

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 275 276 277 278 279 665 Next
JingleHell
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States11308 Posts
January 24 2013 00:05 GMT
#5521
On January 24 2013 09:00 MoonBear wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 24 2013 08:58 JingleHell wrote:
I was told this thread also covers M:tG not-so-online as well. Is this correct?

I'm trying to get started playing, and holy fuck, the cards are hard to find. But I did find one of the ones with the really super rare red symbol thingy in one of the boosters that came with the only starter pack I could find. So I guess that's good.

Yup, discussion of regular MtG here is fine too.

Ah. You mean a Mythic rarity.


Yeah, that. The little "learn the game" deck didn't cover how to use it. It's a red card, Chandra the Firebrand. I kinda want to use the Sole Domination Black/White deck, because the black L2P deck was a blast, but they let me keep both, so I kind of plan to keep it around in case I build a red deck.

How, exactly, does she work? She doesn't have X/X in the bottom, just a black arrow with a number.
MoonBear
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Straight outta Johto18973 Posts
January 24 2013 00:12 GMT
#5522
On January 24 2013 09:05 JingleHell wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 24 2013 09:00 MoonBear wrote:
On January 24 2013 08:58 JingleHell wrote:
I was told this thread also covers M:tG not-so-online as well. Is this correct?

I'm trying to get started playing, and holy fuck, the cards are hard to find. But I did find one of the ones with the really super rare red symbol thingy in one of the boosters that came with the only starter pack I could find. So I guess that's good.

Yup, discussion of regular MtG here is fine too.

Ah. You mean a Mythic rarity.


Yeah, that. The little "learn the game" deck didn't cover how to use it. It's a red card, Chandra the Firebrand. I kinda want to use the Sole Domination Black/White deck, because the black L2P deck was a blast, but they let me keep both, so I kind of plan to keep it around in case I build a red deck.

How, exactly, does she work? She doesn't have X/X in the bottom, just a black arrow with a number.

Yeah. Chandra is a named character who's part of the MtG Storyline. She's a Planeswalker. It means she can walk between the universes (aka Planes) in the MtG universie (e.g. Ravnica, Dominaria, Kamigawa, etc.)

For rules and stuff, this explains it fairly well.
ModeratorA dream. Do you have one that has cursed you like that? Or maybe... a wish?
Bevan
Profile Joined May 2011
Canada90 Posts
January 24 2013 00:13 GMT
#5523
She's a Planeswalker. Rules for them can be found here. Basically they have loyalty, which works a lot like your life total, and their abilities either add to or subtract from it. Creatures can attack them instead of you, damage from spells can be directed at them as well. They're not creatures for effects that target those.
JingleHell
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States11308 Posts
January 24 2013 00:17 GMT
#5524
Ah, much thanks. So if I'm reading that stuff right, they're self-sustaining with their own unique resource, so it's like having a spare party member in an RPG sort of?
MoonBear
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Straight outta Johto18973 Posts
January 24 2013 00:35 GMT
#5525
On January 24 2013 09:17 JingleHell wrote:
Ah, much thanks. So if I'm reading that stuff right, they're self-sustaining with their own unique resource, so it's like having a spare party member in an RPG sort of?

Yup. Planeswalkers are like an pseudo-Enchantment that lets you do one cool effect each turn, and sometimes after a while you get to use their big ability. Sort of. Haha.

In story-terms, its like summoning one of the characters to fight with you. Adding Loyalty is doing stuff they like and charging up power. Removing Loyalty is taking away that energy. Also they they have a "Legendary" rule sort of thing.

Also, the emblems any Planeswalker creates (e.g. from Koth, Tamiyo, Venser, etc.) can't ever be removed or interacted with. They're always around. Even if you restart the game due to something like Planeswaler Karn's Ultimate you still keep the emblems until the end of the game.
ModeratorA dream. Do you have one that has cursed you like that? Or maybe... a wish?
Judicator
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States7270 Posts
January 24 2013 03:57 GMT
#5526
On January 24 2013 08:10 Kinie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 24 2013 04:47 Judicator wrote:

I have and I don't like AC in the control mirrors. I am probably going to go 2/2 split or even 2/1 in favor of AC since DC is covering my draw needs. Between AC and DC, I hope it will be fine. Yes I know what I said is contradictory but Think Twice is just so good in control mirrors.


But DC doesn't draw you a card, it just filters the junk out of the top 3 so you can draw the card you want the most. In that aspect, Forbidden Alchemy is probably better at filtering your draws, as it digs one deeper and replaces itself with the card you want out of those 4. For what you need/want out of the deck, I think DC will be better than the Alchemy, but I find DC to be pretty underwhelming in most matchups.


DC has been fine, the problem with Alchemy is the turn 3, and the lack of a need to fetch for stuff, DC on the end of turn serves to filter my next draw.

Anyways AC has been terribly underwhelming.

Anyways, more MWS Rage Adventures.
+ Show Spoiler +

<phizzix> i'm not fucking giving you permission for ev erything.
<phizzix> fuck
<System> Player Lost
<System> Session Lost
<System> Disconnected
Get it by your hands...
MCMcEmcee
Profile Joined April 2008
United States1609 Posts
January 24 2013 08:59 GMT
#5527
On January 24 2013 09:35 MoonBear wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 24 2013 09:17 JingleHell wrote:
Ah, much thanks. So if I'm reading that stuff right, they're self-sustaining with their own unique resource, so it's like having a spare party member in an RPG sort of?

Yup. Planeswalkers are like an pseudo-Enchantment that lets you do one cool effect each turn, and sometimes after a while you get to use their big ability. Sort of. Haha.

In story-terms, its like summoning one of the characters to fight with you. Adding Loyalty is doing stuff they like and charging up power. Removing Loyalty is taking away that energy. Also they they have a "Legendary" rule sort of thing.

Also, the emblems any Planeswalker creates (e.g. from Koth, Tamiyo, Venser, etc.) can't ever be removed or interacted with. They're always around. Even if you restart the game due to something like Planeswaler Karn's Ultimate you still keep the emblems until the end of the game.

Actually, emblems don't carry over if you restart the game with Karn (or if you start a subgame via whatever banned subgame card you are playing in a casual format, though the emblems will still exist in the main game)
[iHs]MCMcEmcee@UFO | のヮの
Salivanth
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Australia1071 Posts
January 24 2013 09:30 GMT
#5528
Urgh...everyone on MWS seems to want to play with Gatecrash, but since Gatecrash hasn't been released yet, there are no decks. And I am awful at building decks, or even tweaking them heavily. I just netdeck everything. At least I play Esper Control, so I can use the build from this thread as a starting point.
<@Wikt> so you are one of those nega-fans <@Wikt> that hates the company that makes a game and everything they stand for <@Wikt> but still plays the game <@Wikt> (like roughly 30% of blizzard's player base, maybe much more...)
Shotcoder
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States2316 Posts
January 24 2013 10:08 GMT
#5529
On January 24 2013 18:30 Salivanth wrote:
Urgh...everyone on MWS seems to want to play with Gatecrash, but since Gatecrash hasn't been released yet, there are no decks. And I am awful at building decks, or even tweaking them heavily. I just netdeck everything. At least I play Esper Control, so I can use the build from this thread as a starting point.


Try something that exploits lines of play that they wouldn't normally be prepared for. You have no idea how big of blow outs cards like Rally the Peasants, Aetherize, and pit fight are prime examples. They're cards that don't normally see a high amount of play, so opponents tend to play right into them.

I can't tell you how many times when I was playing my old boros humans list, I would swing and they would block poorly and I would cast rally for lethal. Aetherize seems like it might be one of these cards because of the huge affect it has on the board instantly.

Also, I planned on coming back to play magic with this new set, but the fact you have to play Caverns to play boros humans and they're $25, and sacred foundary/CLifftops are going to be $10 each, I'd rather not drop $180 on just lands. Unless I can win a prerelease/release, and some draft I'm just chilling this set again.
Shotcoder - C+ BW Terran, Gold LoL(ADC Main)
JingleHell
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States11308 Posts
January 24 2013 17:30 GMT
#5530
Hmm. So, would anyone be willing to take a look at the modifications I have made, and plan to make, to my deck, and see if I'm on the right track for making it a leaner, meaner version of itself?
Judicator
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States7270 Posts
January 24 2013 18:54 GMT
#5531
On January 25 2013 02:30 JingleHell wrote:
Hmm. So, would anyone be willing to take a look at the modifications I have made, and plan to make, to my deck, and see if I'm on the right track for making it a leaner, meaner version of itself?


More than welcome to post, when someone actually gets around to looking at it or posting it varies, but usually someone gets to take look at it.
Get it by your hands...
JingleHell
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States11308 Posts
January 24 2013 19:36 GMT
#5532
On January 25 2013 03:54 Judicator wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 25 2013 02:30 JingleHell wrote:
Hmm. So, would anyone be willing to take a look at the modifications I have made, and plan to make, to my deck, and see if I'm on the right track for making it a leaner, meaner version of itself?


More than welcome to post, when someone actually gets around to looking at it or posting it varies, but usually someone gets to take look at it.


Ok, so here is how the deck started out.

This is what it currently looks like, and what I'm currently considering adding/removing.

(By the way, if there's a better tool for free, I'd love to know, google spreadsheet is a little clunky)

The deck started it's life as an exalted deck, Black/White. I'm just trying to reinforce that, make the mana curve make some sense without shitty cards (like the walking corpses), make the spells make more sense, and increase my lifelink options a bit.
Kinie
Profile Joined December 2011
United States3106 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-24 20:28:18
January 24 2013 20:26 GMT
#5533
On January 25 2013 04:36 JingleHell wrote:

Ok, so here is how the deck started out.

This is what it currently looks like, and what I'm currently considering adding/removing.

(By the way, if there's a better tool for free, I'd love to know, google spreadsheet is a little clunky)

The deck started it's life as an exalted deck, Black/White. I'm just trying to reinforce that, make the mana curve make some sense without shitty cards (like the walking corpses), make the spells make more sense, and increase my lifelink options a bit.


Check out a site like tappedout.net, as I know you can post decklists on there and look for feedback on it as well.

As for the deck itself, going Black/White (aka BW) Exalted is an odd choice, but I'll assume we are working on this deck because of budget concerns, based on how it came into being from a M13 Intro Deck. The main issue with an Exalted-style deck is that you are all-in on one creature, and there are a fair number of cheap spells in the other colors to kill/remove the creature from combat (Unsummon, Azorius Charm, and Searing Spear are the ones that jump to mind).

As for ways to improve upon it, you need to look for cards that either give Exalted, can benefit from being given several Exalted bonuses, or ways to clear up the field of blockers. We'll also look for spells that can protect your creatures with things such as Hexproof, Indestructibility, or Regeneration. The Ring of Xathrid is actually fine in your deck, as it makes our black creatures larger and gives them regeneration if they don't already have it. I agree with the plan of turning some of the basic lands into Cathedral of Wars, though I would turn the Reliquary Tower into one of those, as you should not be having issues of a cluttered/full hand.

The Ring of Evos Isle is an equipment that we can use to give our creatures hexproof, so it's worth considering. The Knights of Glory and Infamy should stay in the deck, as both give you early ways of dealing damage to the opponent. I will also suggest replacing the Bloodhunter Bat with the Daggerdrone Imp from RTR, as it is a 2 CMC and, after a turn, should deal as much damage attacking as the Bat's enter the battlefield trigger. The Walking Corpses should turn into Diregraf Ghouls, and the Guardians of Akrosa into another creature... Maybe something like Tormented Soul. In fact, Tormented Soul should be a 4-of in the deck, as it probably benefits the most from the Exalted mechanic in your colors. Liliana's Shade is an ok creature, but I feel it's a bit too expensive for what we are looking to do, so those should go and turn into something else.

Your "removal package" of Murder, Angelic Benediction, and Pacifism I am ok with, as our goal should be to try and get in the early damage and then keep their bigger threats from killing us. Another card to look at is Oblivion Ring, as it is another spell that can be both removal and a spell that can answer a difficult threat, such as a Planeswalker or piece of equipment.

Also, keep in mind that you have the option of using a 15 card sideboard, where after the first game you can make small changes to your deck with the cards from that sideboard. So if you don't have room in the main 60 for cards, put the others in the sideboard (for example, Oblivion Ring often makes a good, flexible, and powerful card to have in your sideboard).
JingleHell
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States11308 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-24 20:49:02
January 24 2013 20:48 GMT
#5534
On January 25 2013 05:26 Kinie wrote:+ Show Spoiler +

On January 25 2013 04:36 JingleHell wrote:

Ok, so here is how the deck started out.

This is what it currently looks like, and what I'm currently considering adding/removing.

(By the way, if there's a better tool for free, I'd love to know, google spreadsheet is a little clunky)

The deck started it's life as an exalted deck, Black/White. I'm just trying to reinforce that, make the mana curve make some sense without shitty cards (like the walking corpses), make the spells make more sense, and increase my lifelink options a bit.


Check out a site like tappedout.net, as I know you can post decklists on there and look for feedback on it as well.

As for the deck itself, going Black/White (aka BW) Exalted is an odd choice, but I'll assume we are working on this deck because of budget concerns, based on how it came into being from a M13 Intro Deck. The main issue with an Exalted-style deck is that you are all-in on one creature, and there are a fair number of cheap spells in the other colors to kill/remove the creature from combat (Unsummon, Azorius Charm, and Searing Spear are the ones that jump to mind).

As for ways to improve upon it, you need to look for cards that either give Exalted, can benefit from being given several Exalted bonuses, or ways to clear up the field of blockers. We'll also look for spells that can protect your creatures with things such as Hexproof, Indestructibility, or Regeneration. The Ring of Xathrid is actually fine in your deck, as it makes our black creatures larger and gives them regeneration if they don't already have it. I agree with the plan of turning some of the basic lands into Cathedral of Wars, though I would turn the Reliquary Tower into one of those, as you should not be having issues of a cluttered/full hand.

The Ring of Evos Isle is an equipment that we can use to give our creatures hexproof, so it's worth considering. The Knights of Glory and Infamy should stay in the deck, as both give you early ways of dealing damage to the opponent. I will also suggest replacing the Bloodhunter Bat with the Daggerdrone Imp from RTR, as it is a 2 CMC and, after a turn, should deal as much damage attacking as the Bat's enter the battlefield trigger. The Walking Corpses should turn into Diregraf Ghouls, and the Guardians of Akrosa into another creature... Maybe something like Tormented Soul. In fact, Tormented Soul should be a 4-of in the deck, as it probably benefits the most from the Exalted mechanic in your colors. Liliana's Shade is an ok creature, but I feel it's a bit too expensive for what we are looking to do, so those should go and turn into something else.

Your "removal package" of Murder, Angelic Benediction, and Pacifism I am ok with, as our goal should be to try and get in the early damage and then keep their bigger threats from killing us. Another card to look at is Oblivion Ring, as it is another spell that can be both removal and a spell that can answer a difficult threat, such as a Planeswalker or piece of equipment.

Also, keep in mind that you have the option of using a 15 card sideboard, where after the first game you can make small changes to your deck with the cards from that sideboard. So if you don't have room in the main 60 for cards, put the others in the sideboard (for example, Oblivion Ring often makes a good, flexible, and powerful card to have in your sideboard).


Thanks for the feedback. The main reason I was considering ditching the Ring of Xathrid is simple, and something you touched on: It's all your eggs, one basket. The exalted mechanic already does a lot of that, although it's all your eggs in any basket, which means creating a single "hey, better kill me now" creature seems disadvantageous.

The best success I had with it last night in it's stock incarnation was with a couple of exalted bonuses on a lifelink, pumping me up so far that when I had a 14 power trampler come at me, I just let it past my blockers and still won the game.

The Bloodhunter Bats are definitely one of the ones I'm leery about, since they're kind of meh aside from what they bring when I throw them in, I basically just use them for the "Enter the Battlefield", plus a flying blocker.

The tormented soul, I could definitely see adding more of. I was just unsure if I wanted to go too heavy on something without exalted, especially as a card that I'm liable to be dropping early for the low CMC and losing.

The Liliana's Shade is there to give me something I can throw mana at if I need a short term solution to a long term problem.

I was planning to lose the Knight of Glory for the extra Guardians because the Guardians are a good defensive unit, and I already have the Squires of Aven for a hard to block, 2 mana white.

The Diregraf ghouls to replace the Walking Corpses would make sense, but I was already planning to replace those with the Exalted, Regenerating Duty-Bound Dead, also only costing a single mana, and providing both some early and late game function within the deck, instead of just early.




As a blending of these, what would you say about swapping the Bloodhunters out for more Tormented Souls, and the Guardians/Knight of Glory for the Daggerdrome Imps, leaving the swap of Walking Corpses for Duty-Bound Dead?

I'm open to other changes as well, possibly, like ditching the Liliana's, but I wanted to at least explain my reasoning with them and see what you thought about it.

I do love the idea of the Daggerdromes.
spinesheath
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Germany8679 Posts
January 24 2013 21:13 GMT
#5535
I personally like the idea of casting a Disciple of Bolas in your second Mainphase after you pumped a creature with exalted triggers.

Sublime Archangel and Lingering Souls are some things I would also consider.
You could also play a few launch parties to get some value back if an opponent tries to kill your only attacking creature.

I would definitely keep some Knights of Glory in. Xathrid Gorgon doesn't seem to fit the deck at all, neither do the Bloodhunter Bats. Reliquary Tower definitely has to go, and I don't think you want 4 Cathedrals of War, that's way too hard on your manabase, especially since you lack dual lands. Very few decks take the risk of running 4 colorless lands.
If you have a good reason to disagree with the above, please tell me. Thank you.
JingleHell
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States11308 Posts
January 24 2013 21:28 GMT
#5536
On January 25 2013 06:13 spinesheath wrote:
I personally like the idea of casting a Disciple of Bolas in your second Mainphase after you pumped a creature with exalted triggers.

Sublime Archangel and Lingering Souls are some things I would also consider.
You could also play a few launch parties to get some value back if an opponent tries to kill your only attacking creature.

I would definitely keep some Knights of Glory in. Xathrid Gorgon doesn't seem to fit the deck at all, neither do the Bloodhunter Bats. Reliquary Tower definitely has to go, and I don't think you want 4 Cathedrals of War, that's way too hard on your manabase, especially since you lack dual lands. Very few decks take the risk of running 4 colorless lands.


If I was going to put in the Disciple (which does sound cute), wouldn't I actually want to keep the Reliquary Tower?

I guess capping the Cathedrals makes sense, if the colorless mana can only be colorless, which I guess is one of those details I missed. (Damnable newbieness, this is what I get for starting yesterday.)

The Gorgon is mostly just still there as a high CMC filler.
Sn0_Man
Profile Blog Joined October 2012
Tebellong44238 Posts
January 24 2013 21:37 GMT
#5537
Sublime archangel is *really good*.

Note that her giving all your creatures exalted includes those that already have it, essentially granting them double-exalted. That means that with just a duty bound dead, a knight of infamy and her out, you have 5 exalted triggers.

Another card that might work pretty well is Fencing ace. Sure, he doesn't give exalted but he basically doubles the effectiveness of all your exalted triggers.

Reliquary tower is pretty bad, you shouldn't have more than 7 cards in your hand and Black/White traditionally has awful mana.

If you can find/afford some dual lands that will produce black or white (godless shrine will be legal once gatecrash releases), then I'd try to fit in maybe 1 rogue's passage as a way to get that last hit in late game.

Just my thoughts.
LiquidDota StaffSCIENTISTS BAFFLED | 3275929302
JingleHell
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States11308 Posts
January 24 2013 21:42 GMT
#5538
On January 25 2013 06:37 Sn0_Man wrote:
Sublime archangel is *really good*.

Note that her giving all your creatures exalted includes those that already have it, essentially granting them double-exalted. That means that with just a duty bound dead, a knight of infamy and her out, you have 5 exalted triggers.

Another card that might work pretty well is Fencing ace. Sure, he doesn't give exalted but he basically doubles the effectiveness of all your exalted triggers.

Reliquary tower is pretty bad, you shouldn't have more than 7 cards in your hand and Black/White traditionally has awful mana.

If you can find/afford some dual lands that will produce black or white (godless shrine will be legal once gatecrash releases), then I'd try to fit in maybe 1 rogue's passage as a way to get that last hit in late game.

Just my thoughts.


She's also *really expensive*. So unless I have some sort of absurd luck and get something worth some value trading, (my only two worth more than pennies now are a Dragonskull Summit and a Chandra, the Firebrand), she's a possibly later type. I definitely wish I had one or two though.

huameng
Profile Blog Joined April 2007
United States1133 Posts
January 24 2013 21:51 GMT
#5539
Jinglehell,

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/add/ is a sweet site for posting decks and shouldn't be hard to use. A lot cleaner than a spreadsheet

For deck advise, I also recommend picking up more of the Knights of Glory/Infamy, Disciple of Bolas, and Fencing Ace. I wouldn't be surprised if you could just ask someone who's been playing a long time for those cards, at least those minus the Disciple. (if you played online I'd just give them to you ;p) Knight of Glory/Infamy is powerful in the same way as Guardians of Akrasa because they are also good defensively, since they will totally shut down a black/white creature, while contributing with Exalted, but they can also attack for 3 by themselves if it comes down to that.

After those, I would look into ways to protect your creatures, so when you attack with a Fencing Ace and 4 exalted triggers, it doesn't get scorched with a Searing Spear and ruin your whole game. Maybe something like Faith's Shield? Ring of Xathrid might be okay for this role too, and there might be some cards I'm forgetting. One of the fun things about deckbuilding is looking through pages on a site like http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Default.aspx and finding sweet cards you've never thought of before, give it a shot :D
skating
JingleHell
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States11308 Posts
January 24 2013 22:18 GMT
#5540
Ok, thanks for the tappedout link.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/jingle1/

Deck, moved. It's listed in it's current format with the maybe's as things I'd like to add but don't have yet.
Prev 1 275 276 277 278 279 665 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
PiGosaur Cup
09:00
#102
CranKy Ducklings114
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
WinterStarcraft399
ByuN 304
RuFF_SC2 152
ViBE96
CosmosSc2 66
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2310
GuemChi 1307
MaD[AoV]185
Sharp 154
910 67
Bale 20
NaDa 14
Terrorterran 5
Dota 2
monkeys_forever370
LuMiX1
Counter-Strike
taco 617
minikerr17
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox1049
Other Games
summit1g8730
JimRising 591
C9.Mang0342
Trikslyr32
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick818
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream27
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• EnkiAlexander 59
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP58
• Letter149
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo554
Other Games
• Shiphtur359
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
13h 16m
The PondCast
1d 7h
INu's Battles
1d 8h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 19h
Replay Cast
1d 20h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.