• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:55
CEST 18:55
KST 01:55
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9798 users

Magic: The Gathering - Page 276

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 274 275 276 277 278 665 Next
Judicator
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States7270 Posts
January 22 2013 20:50 GMT
#5501
There's no point to running creatures, why tap out at all when you can just kill them safely in usually 3 turns anyways. Lack of win-cons mean very little when the deck can do a pretty job of putting themselves in a situation where the opponent can't do much.
Get it by your hands...
Kinie
Profile Joined December 2011
United States3106 Posts
January 22 2013 23:20 GMT
#5502
Fair enough. It's just a personal preference of mine to not have so few win-cons.

In other news, Cube is coming back.... and so is Zendikar draft. http://wizards.com/Magic/Magazine/Article.aspx?x=mtg/daily/other/01222013D
EMIYA
Profile Joined March 2011
United States433 Posts
January 22 2013 23:37 GMT
#5503
damnit i love cube. can't wait for the sneak attack eldrazi
Shotcoder
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States2316 Posts
January 23 2013 00:26 GMT
#5504
On January 23 2013 05:08 Kinie wrote:
So I've been brewing some possible decks for Gatecrash standard, testing it vs. my Naya list, and I'm noticing that most control decks have a serious lack of win-cons right now. So far the only consistent one is the mill plan with Drownyards and Memory Adepts, and just drawing a million cards and nuking the board over and over again. Maybe I'm missing something in my brewing, but did Control decks losing Sun Titan and/or Phantasmal Images really cut the win-cons to almost none?

Also, Boros Aggro is indeed a thing, and Firemane Avenger is slightly better than I thought it would be. Also, Ball Lightning Helix is the nut in that list.



What Judicator said. You now have a super safe win con in Drownyard in a format where most decks can't skimp on colors for ghost quarters. it's safer, more consistent, and lets you control the game better with mana availability. I would say this is one of the better win cons for control since Jace and Squadron Hawk.
Shotcoder - C+ BW Terran, Gold LoL(ADC Main)
Risen
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States7927 Posts
January 23 2013 03:50 GMT
#5505
Alrighty, 3 solo events I'm signed up as Boros and for the 2HG I'm orzhov with a dimir partner. We'll see how this goes.
Pufftrees Everyday>its like a rifter that just used X-Factor/Liquid'Nony: I hope no one lip read XD/Holyflare>it's like policy lynching but better/Resident Los Angeles bachelor
NotSorry
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States6722 Posts
January 23 2013 04:26 GMT
#5506
orzhov/dimir 2hg sounds brutal between mill and extort
We have now sunk to a depth at which restatement of the obvious is the first duty of intelligent men. - Orwell
Judicator
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States7270 Posts
January 23 2013 04:49 GMT
#5507
So the list that I am running:

+ Show Spoiler +

// Lands
4 [ISD] Isolated Chapel
4 [M13] Drowned Catacomb
3 [M13] Glacial Fortress
3 [RTR] Hallowed Fountain
2 [RTR] Island (1)
1 [AVR] Swamp (3)
1 [M13] Plains (4)
4 [GTC] Watery Grave
3 [ISD] Nephalia Drownyard
2 [GTC] Godless Shrine

// Creatures
3 [ISD] Snapcaster Mage
1 [M13] Augur of Bolas

// Spells
4 [RTR] Sphinx's Revelation
2 [DKA] Sorin, Lord of Innistrad
2 [AVR] Tamiyo, the Moon Sage
1 [RTR] Jace, Architect of Thought
4 [RTR] Supreme Verdict
1 [RTR] Ultimate Price
2 [ISD] Dissipate
3 [M13] Jace, Memory Adept
1 [RTR] Detention Sphere
3 [ISD] Think Twice
1 [GTC] Devour Flesh
1 [GTC] Orzhov Charm
3 [GTC] Dimir Charm
1 [DKA] Tragic Slip

// Sideboard
SB: 1 [M13] Oblivion Ring
SB: 2 [GTC] Devour Flesh
SB: 1 [M13] Duress
SB: 3 [AVR] Terminus
SB: 1 [RTR] Dispel
SB: 1 [M13] Negate
SB: 2 [RTR] Cyclonic Rift
SB: 1 [DKA] Curse of Echoes
SB: 1 [ISD] Ghost Quarter
SB: 1 [GTC] Merciless Eviction
SB: 1 [M13] Essence Scatter



Some more simple testing means I need to test some more, and learn sideboarding. Losing close games to sideboarding, eviction has been underwhelming.
Get it by your hands...
Kinie
Profile Joined December 2011
United States3106 Posts
January 23 2013 07:29 GMT
#5508
On January 23 2013 13:49 Judicator wrote:
So the list that I am running:

+ Show Spoiler +

// Lands
4 [ISD] Isolated Chapel
4 [M13] Drowned Catacomb
3 [M13] Glacial Fortress
3 [RTR] Hallowed Fountain
2 [RTR] Island (1)
1 [AVR] Swamp (3)
1 [M13] Plains (4)
4 [GTC] Watery Grave
3 [ISD] Nephalia Drownyard
2 [GTC] Godless Shrine

// Creatures
3 [ISD] Snapcaster Mage
1 [M13] Augur of Bolas

// Spells
4 [RTR] Sphinx's Revelation
2 [DKA] Sorin, Lord of Innistrad
2 [AVR] Tamiyo, the Moon Sage
1 [RTR] Jace, Architect of Thought
4 [RTR] Supreme Verdict
1 [RTR] Ultimate Price
2 [ISD] Dissipate
3 [M13] Jace, Memory Adept
1 [RTR] Detention Sphere
3 [ISD] Think Twice
1 [GTC] Devour Flesh
1 [GTC] Orzhov Charm
3 [GTC] Dimir Charm
1 [DKA] Tragic Slip

// Sideboard
SB: 1 [M13] Oblivion Ring
SB: 2 [GTC] Devour Flesh
SB: 1 [M13] Duress
SB: 3 [AVR] Terminus
SB: 1 [RTR] Dispel
SB: 1 [M13] Negate
SB: 2 [RTR] Cyclonic Rift
SB: 1 [DKA] Curse of Echoes
SB: 1 [ISD] Ghost Quarter
SB: 1 [GTC] Merciless Eviction
SB: 1 [M13] Essence Scatter



Some more simple testing means I need to test some more, and learn sideboarding. Losing close games to sideboarding, eviction has been underwhelming.


Took your list and put it up against mine. In the pre-boarded games I think you're slightly favored vs. Naya, but post-board I feel like a pretty huge underdog due to your infinite number of sweepers, and my few cards that give me reach (Aurelia's Fury, Bonfire, Skullcrack, and Boros Charm) require me to draw them and not get milled by Jace.

I'm just glad that my thought process of having a few haste creatures that can potentially one-shot a planeswalker are right (Thundermaw, Zealous Conscripts, and Aurelia).
Judicator
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States7270 Posts
January 23 2013 14:33 GMT
#5509
I need to tweak the removal package some more and really need to find space for Azorious Charm. In other news, Dmir Charm is on the stupid good tier for constructed.
Get it by your hands...
Risen
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States7927 Posts
January 23 2013 15:49 GMT
#5510
On January 23 2013 23:33 Judicator wrote:
I need to tweak the removal package some more and really need to find space for Azorious Charm. In other news, Dmir Charm is on the stupid good tier for constructed.


Do you think dimir charm will see modern play? Or do you just mean it is stupid good for standard?
Pufftrees Everyday>its like a rifter that just used X-Factor/Liquid'Nony: I hope no one lip read XD/Holyflare>it's like policy lynching but better/Resident Los Angeles bachelor
MoonBear
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Straight outta Johto18973 Posts
January 23 2013 15:59 GMT
#5511
On January 24 2013 00:49 Risen wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 23 2013 23:33 Judicator wrote:
I need to tweak the removal package some more and really need to find space for Azorious Charm. In other news, Dmir Charm is on the stupid good tier for constructed.


Do you think dimir charm will see modern play? Or do you just mean it is stupid good for standard?

Hits Lingering Souls, kills Deathrite/Manadorks/some manlands, also lets you dig. I can see it being used, but probably not as a 4-of.
ModeratorA dream. Do you have one that has cursed you like that? Or maybe... a wish?
Judicator
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States7270 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-23 16:10:20
January 23 2013 16:02 GMT
#5512
No idea for Modern. The reason I say this is that saves so much deck space. That card has never been dead in my hand. Counter/Kill is already pretty good at in most situations, but the filter my draw aspect just puts it over when you are looking for a specific answer.

Edit:

Like in testing last night. I stole the play against Jund/Naya decks by killing their mana dork on 2, countered Bant's Farseek to keep them from taking the play from me, countered Bonfires, and just filtered my draw in game 1s to throw away dead cards once I knew the match up and filtered theirs in game 2s/3s when I had them locked or near locked.

Edit2:

I also think that DC is best in a Delver build though.
Get it by your hands...
deth2munkies
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States4051 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-23 18:30:20
January 23 2013 18:28 GMT
#5513
Only 1 card this expansion looks decent for WW pauper: Syndic of Tithes.

Gives you reach even though it's just a 2/2 for 2. You tend to play a lot of spells that are quite cheap, so having something to do with the extra mana when your hand is empty is awesome. Problem being you normally want to be spending all your mana on creatures/bonesplitters early, so I'd have to test it to be sure.

If only Guildscorn Ward was hybrid it'd be perfect with Guardian of the Guildpact (Protection from Everything).
Sn0_Man
Profile Blog Joined October 2012
Tebellong44238 Posts
January 23 2013 18:34 GMT
#5514
On January 24 2013 03:28 deth2munkies wrote:
Only 1 card this expansion looks decent for WW pauper: Syndic of Tithes.

Gives you reach even though it's just a 2/2 for 2. You tend to play a lot of spells that are quite cheap, so having something to do with the extra mana when your hand is empty is awesome. Problem being you normally want to be spending all your mana on creatures/bonesplitters early, so I'd have to test it to be sure.

If only Guildscorn Ward was hybrid it'd be perfect with Guardian of the Guildpact (Protection from Everything).


Ghostfire says hi.

I actually saw a post deck board it in recently.
LiquidDota StaffSCIENTISTS BAFFLED | 3275929302
Kinie
Profile Joined December 2011
United States3106 Posts
January 23 2013 18:50 GMT
#5515
On January 24 2013 01:02 Judicator wrote:
No idea for Modern. The reason I say this is that saves so much deck space. That card has never been dead in my hand. Counter/Kill is already pretty good at in most situations, but the filter my draw aspect just puts it over when you are looking for a specific answer.

Edit:

Like in testing last night. I stole the play against Jund/Naya decks by killing their mana dork on 2, countered Bant's Farseek to keep them from taking the play from me, countered Bonfires, and just filtered my draw in game 1s to throw away dead cards once I knew the match up and filtered theirs in game 2s/3s when I had them locked or near locked.

Edit2:

I also think that DC is best in a Delver build though.


Have you thought about turning the Think Twices into the Azorius Charms? When I was durdling with your deck there were situations where the Think Twice was in my hand and I needed to remove an attacker to survive and use the Verdict in my hand on the untap.
deth2munkies
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States4051 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-23 18:59:39
January 23 2013 18:54 GMT
#5516
On January 24 2013 03:34 Sn0_Man wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 24 2013 03:28 deth2munkies wrote:
Only 1 card this expansion looks decent for WW pauper: Syndic of Tithes.

Gives you reach even though it's just a 2/2 for 2. You tend to play a lot of spells that are quite cheap, so having something to do with the extra mana when your hand is empty is awesome. Problem being you normally want to be spending all your mana on creatures/bonesplitters early, so I'd have to test it to be sure.

If only Guildscorn Ward was hybrid it'd be perfect with Guardian of the Guildpact (Protection from Everything).


Ghostfire says hi.

I actually saw a post deck board it in recently.

Ghostfire, Serrated Arrows, and Crystallization are he 3 things he doesn't like. Never saw Ghostfire put in Izzet post though. Usually Bolt and Flame Slash keep them alive long enough to get a billion mana since there's nothing I can really do about it.

Edicts also go without saying, but he's almost never your only creature out.
Judicator
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States7270 Posts
January 23 2013 19:47 GMT
#5517
On January 24 2013 03:50 Kinie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 24 2013 01:02 Judicator wrote:
No idea for Modern. The reason I say this is that saves so much deck space. That card has never been dead in my hand. Counter/Kill is already pretty good at in most situations, but the filter my draw aspect just puts it over when you are looking for a specific answer.

Edit:

Like in testing last night. I stole the play against Jund/Naya decks by killing their mana dork on 2, countered Bant's Farseek to keep them from taking the play from me, countered Bonfires, and just filtered my draw in game 1s to throw away dead cards once I knew the match up and filtered theirs in game 2s/3s when I had them locked or near locked.

Edit2:

I also think that DC is best in a Delver build though.


Have you thought about turning the Think Twices into the Azorius Charms? When I was durdling with your deck there were situations where the Think Twice was in my hand and I needed to remove an attacker to survive and use the Verdict in my hand on the untap.


I have and I don't like AC in the control mirrors. I am probably going to go 2/2 split or even 2/1 in favor of AC since DC is covering my draw needs. Between AC and DC, I hope it will be fine. Yes I know what I said is contradictory but Think Twice is just so good in control mirrors.
Get it by your hands...
Kinie
Profile Joined December 2011
United States3106 Posts
January 23 2013 23:10 GMT
#5518
On January 24 2013 04:47 Judicator wrote:

I have and I don't like AC in the control mirrors. I am probably going to go 2/2 split or even 2/1 in favor of AC since DC is covering my draw needs. Between AC and DC, I hope it will be fine. Yes I know what I said is contradictory but Think Twice is just so good in control mirrors.


But DC doesn't draw you a card, it just filters the junk out of the top 3 so you can draw the card you want the most. In that aspect, Forbidden Alchemy is probably better at filtering your draws, as it digs one deeper and replaces itself with the card you want out of those 4. For what you need/want out of the deck, I think DC will be better than the Alchemy, but I find DC to be pretty underwhelming in most matchups.
JingleHell
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States11308 Posts
January 23 2013 23:58 GMT
#5519
I was told this thread also covers M:tG not-so-online as well. Is this correct?

I'm trying to get started playing, and holy fuck, the cards are hard to find. But I did find one of the ones with the really super rare red symbol thingy in one of the boosters that came with the only starter pack I could find. So I guess that's good.
MoonBear
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Straight outta Johto18973 Posts
January 24 2013 00:00 GMT
#5520
On January 24 2013 08:58 JingleHell wrote:
I was told this thread also covers M:tG not-so-online as well. Is this correct?

I'm trying to get started playing, and holy fuck, the cards are hard to find. But I did find one of the ones with the really super rare red symbol thingy in one of the boosters that came with the only starter pack I could find. So I guess that's good.

Yup, discussion of regular MtG here is fine too.

Ah. You mean a Mythic rarity.
ModeratorA dream. Do you have one that has cursed you like that? Or maybe... a wish?
Prev 1 274 275 276 277 278 665 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 7h 5m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 187
ProTech153
UpATreeSC 121
BRAT_OK 53
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 3737
Bisu 1757
Soulkey 1287
EffOrt 773
Mini 557
Larva 347
Horang2 272
ZerO 262
actioN 174
ggaemo 163
[ Show more ]
Dewaltoss 132
Mind 82
hero 69
Sharp 63
Shinee 60
Sea.KH 59
sorry 54
Snow 49
Hyun 41
Barracks 38
Bale 31
Trap 29
Terrorterran 19
ToSsGirL 18
NaDa 16
Rock 15
scan(afreeca) 14
Sacsri 9
Noble 8
zelot 8
ajuk12(nOOB) 7
Dota 2
Gorgc5741
Dendi1279
XaKoH 434
420jenkins342
League of Legends
Reynor62
Counter-Strike
fl0m3477
x6flipin1710
pashabiceps740
Fnx 679
edward31
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes389
Liquid`Hasu102
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi1474
hiko864
FrodaN657
XBOCT241
Livibee187
TKL 105
QueenE95
C9.Mang082
Mew2King40
Grubby39
ZerO(Twitch)24
Organizations
Other Games
WardiTV209
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream24
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 58
• Reevou 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 42
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV699
League of Legends
• Nemesis3920
• TFBlade699
Other Games
• Shiphtur489
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
7h 5m
Patches Events
23h 5m
The PondCast
1d 17h
INu's Battles
1d 18h
Percival vs TBD
Zoun vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.