• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:03
CEST 00:03
KST 07:03
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck?
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7695 users

So I just installed Baldur's Gate II - Page 23

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 21 22 23 24 25 80 Next
mierin
Profile Joined August 2010
United States4943 Posts
October 10 2010 22:20 GMT
#441
On October 11 2010 07:19 SF-Fork wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 11 2010 06:56 mierin wrote:
Monks are so ridiculous...definitely my favorite class in BG2. 3% magic resistance per level after level 14...hit level 30 in TOB, magic does 10% to you. Not to mention your THACO, hits per round, and AC are off the charts (with no armor). Unfortunately they're a bit of a pain to level until you hit about 18 or so.

EDIT: AND your run speed is 15% faster than everyone else's...and you're resistant to poison and disease...and you get a special ability that can instantaneously kill mobs...need I go on o.O

EDIT2: Concerning hard bosses...I remember Kangaxx the Demilich absolutely murdering my party until I learned to get protection from abjuration scrolls to prevent instamazedeath on my main character :D



I thought kangaxx was pretty easy. I just used a protection from magic scroll on Keldorn with Carsomyr and 1vs1'd him.


I....I hate you. ^.^ Never got Keldorn, tended to use the evil people.
JD, Stork, Calm, Hyuk Fighting!
SF-Fork
Profile Blog Joined November 2002
Russian Federation1401 Posts
October 10 2010 22:23 GMT
#442
For me Keldorn is the 2nd best NPC after Edwin, powerwise...
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-10-10 22:48:32
October 10 2010 22:28 GMT
#443
On October 11 2010 07:19 SF-Fork wrote:
I thought kangaxx was pretty easy. I just used a protection from magic scroll on Keldorn with Carsomyr and 1vs1'd him.

Protection from Magic scroll is basically a get-out-of-jail-free card with regard to hard fights (there's a reason why there are so few of them in the game). You can't really say a fight was easy if you used one.

Also:
On October 11 2010 07:23 SF-Fork wrote:
For me Keldorn is the 2nd best NPC after Edwin, powerwise...

There's a strong argument for Aerie being the strongest NPC in the game. She's annoying as hell, but the options opened up by being able to string Cleric spells with Mage spells in sequencers/contingencies is one that shouldn't be underestimated.
Moderator
SF-Fork
Profile Blog Joined November 2002
Russian Federation1401 Posts
October 10 2010 23:06 GMT
#444
On October 11 2010 07:28 TheYango wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 11 2010 07:19 SF-Fork wrote:
I thought kangaxx was pretty easy. I just used a protection from magic scroll on Keldorn with Carsomyr and 1vs1'd him.

Protection from Magic scroll is basically a get-out-of-jail-free card with regard to hard fights (there's a reason why there are so few of them in the game). You can't really say a fight was easy if you used one.

Also:
Show nested quote +
On October 11 2010 07:23 SF-Fork wrote:
For me Keldorn is the 2nd best NPC after Edwin, powerwise...

There's a strong argument for Aerie being the strongest NPC in the game. She's annoying as hell, but the options opened up by being able to string Cleric spells with Mage spells in sequencers/contingencies is one that shouldn't be underestimated.


I guess you're right in point one. I had to use the 2 scrolls I bought from the Adventurer's mart and I was wondering why there were so few.

About Aerie I don't know, I just don't like multiclasses since they level up so slow... And besides, she doesn't have Intelligence 18 right?
Dfgj
Profile Joined May 2008
Singapore5922 Posts
October 11 2010 12:25 GMT
#445
On October 11 2010 07:28 TheYango wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 11 2010 07:19 SF-Fork wrote:
I thought kangaxx was pretty easy. I just used a protection from magic scroll on Keldorn with Carsomyr and 1vs1'd him.

Protection from Magic scroll is basically a get-out-of-jail-free card with regard to hard fights (there's a reason why there are so few of them in the game). You can't really say a fight was easy if you used one.

Also:
Show nested quote +
On October 11 2010 07:23 SF-Fork wrote:
For me Keldorn is the 2nd best NPC after Edwin, powerwise...

There's a strong argument for Aerie being the strongest NPC in the game. She's annoying as hell, but the options opened up by being able to string Cleric spells with Mage spells in sequencers/contingencies is one that shouldn't be underestimated.

I soloed both demiliches (watchers keep) with a level 40 Blade + Crom Faeyr + Lv6 Spell Deflection. I'm sure it's not supposed to be that easy :<

Aerie at top level is pretty ridiculous, I have to agree. Sadly, it's scientifically impossible to level her that high due to the whining.
Aquafresh
Profile Joined May 2007
United States824 Posts
October 11 2010 12:34 GMT
#446
On October 11 2010 21:25 Dfgj wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 11 2010 07:28 TheYango wrote:
On October 11 2010 07:19 SF-Fork wrote:
I thought kangaxx was pretty easy. I just used a protection from magic scroll on Keldorn with Carsomyr and 1vs1'd him.

Protection from Magic scroll is basically a get-out-of-jail-free card with regard to hard fights (there's a reason why there are so few of them in the game). You can't really say a fight was easy if you used one.

Also:
On October 11 2010 07:23 SF-Fork wrote:
For me Keldorn is the 2nd best NPC after Edwin, powerwise...

There's a strong argument for Aerie being the strongest NPC in the game. She's annoying as hell, but the options opened up by being able to string Cleric spells with Mage spells in sequencers/contingencies is one that shouldn't be underestimated.

I soloed both demiliches (watchers keep) with a level 40 Blade + Crom Faeyr + Lv6 Spell Deflection. I'm sure it's not supposed to be that easy :<

Aerie at top level is pretty ridiculous, I have to agree. Sadly, it's scientifically impossible to level her that high due to the whining.


Did you use the Crom Faeyr offhand exploit? I don't know if it was patched but you used to be able to equip it in the off hand and cast melf's minute meteors (most broken spell in the game) and when you threw the meteors with your main hand crom would remain in the offhand and still attack even at range. Doing like 40ish ranged damage on average a few times a round is pretty insane. Add in improved haste for more silliness. Man I loved blades. Such versatility.
Velr
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
Switzerland10962 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-10-11 12:55:58
October 11 2010 12:53 GMT
#447
On October 11 2010 07:23 SF-Fork wrote:
For me Keldorn is the 2nd best NPC after Edwin, powerwise...



It's just his Dispel Magic and the totally overpowered sword you can get for him... Otherwise he is really nothing special?


For Demi-Lichs... I just sent in Korgan or my HC which mostly was a Berserker/X combination... No need for anti-magic scrolls or the likes .
besiger
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
Croatia2452 Posts
October 11 2010 13:15 GMT
#448
I finally finished ToB yesterday, damn the game took 2 weeks of my life, but it was worth it, in retrospect I should have dualed my main cleric with a fighter earlier, this way I ended up with a level 35 cleric, dual wielding crom fayer and the runehammer was fun though. Id say the toughest fight in the game was at the last level of Watchers Keep, that was some nasty shit back there.
A weak will coupled with delusions of grandeur
matko5
Profile Joined April 2010
Croatia385 Posts
October 11 2010 14:43 GMT
#449
On October 11 2010 22:15 besiger wrote:
I finally finished ToB yesterday, damn the game took 2 weeks of my life, but it was worth it, in retrospect I should have dualed my main cleric with a fighter earlier, this way I ended up with a level 35 cleric, dual wielding crom fayer and the runehammer was fun though. Id say the toughest fight in the game was at the last level of Watchers Keep, that was some nasty shit back there.


the prince of demons, duh. :D congrats.
Disi gazda
Dfgj
Profile Joined May 2008
Singapore5922 Posts
October 11 2010 15:07 GMT
#450
On October 11 2010 21:34 Aquafresh wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 11 2010 21:25 Dfgj wrote:
On October 11 2010 07:28 TheYango wrote:
On October 11 2010 07:19 SF-Fork wrote:
I thought kangaxx was pretty easy. I just used a protection from magic scroll on Keldorn with Carsomyr and 1vs1'd him.

Protection from Magic scroll is basically a get-out-of-jail-free card with regard to hard fights (there's a reason why there are so few of them in the game). You can't really say a fight was easy if you used one.

Also:
On October 11 2010 07:23 SF-Fork wrote:
For me Keldorn is the 2nd best NPC after Edwin, powerwise...

There's a strong argument for Aerie being the strongest NPC in the game. She's annoying as hell, but the options opened up by being able to string Cleric spells with Mage spells in sequencers/contingencies is one that shouldn't be underestimated.

I soloed both demiliches (watchers keep) with a level 40 Blade + Crom Faeyr + Lv6 Spell Deflection. I'm sure it's not supposed to be that easy :<

Aerie at top level is pretty ridiculous, I have to agree. Sadly, it's scientifically impossible to level her that high due to the whining.


Did you use the Crom Faeyr offhand exploit? I don't know if it was patched but you used to be able to equip it in the off hand and cast melf's minute meteors (most broken spell in the game) and when you threw the meteors with your main hand crom would remain in the offhand and still attack even at range. Doing like 40ish ranged damage on average a few times a round is pretty insane. Add in improved haste for more silliness. Man I loved blades. Such versatility.

No I was just using Crom Faeyr/Belm :o I noticed that if you had an offhand it interacted with Melf's, but it seemed to really slow down your attacks per round, and I ended up unequiping Belm (offhand) whenever I needed to throw them.

I've also just finished Watcher's Keep, the key with the 6-monster party was nightmarish, ended up having to abuse the 2 portals to get spiketraps up. I can't imagine how I'd take it straight up, what with anti-magic ray and the sheer damage output of some of the enemies on my frail Bardic body.

Demogorgon on the other hand kindly let me set 5 spike traps before fighting, which I at first thought was cheap until I remembered soloing is about breaking the game. Yippie-kai-yay.
besiger
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
Croatia2452 Posts
October 11 2010 22:51 GMT
#451
yeah I didnt mean demogorgon either, I mean the last party, god that is some nasty shit right there, that one mage with the clerics that spawns before them is no cakewalk either, I had to beat the demonic party by closing the doors on them 1 at a time, got the sucubuss but then the rest of them just piled up outside the door and the hive tyrant blocked the door from closing, so i hasted and ran out of there losing imoen and keldorn in the process, but i managed to get to another room and trap the marilith in there, since the hive mother was blocked on the door i could pick of the dual wilder and the huntress and finish the rest 1 by 1, cheap as hell but I dont see how i could have handled it otherwise, i swear i cast like 10 magic breaking spells and still couldnt get a hit with +3 weapons.
A weak will coupled with delusions of grandeur
Advocado
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Denmark994 Posts
October 12 2010 12:23 GMT
#452
In terms of character dialogue what would you say the most interesting character choice/alignment is? I used to play a cleric or a paladin in nwn1 and loved the amount of dialogue that one could unlock.
http://www.twitch.tv/advocadosc2
Velr
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
Switzerland10962 Posts
October 12 2010 12:34 GMT
#453

None i would say.

Your class is not important to most quest NPC's... There is just a class specific quest which... Which are all rather "ok", except for the thief one, the thief one is just stupid :p.

What can make a diffrence:
The romances with your NPC's don't allow all races. As Human and Half-Elf your save with everyone IIRC.
SF-Fork
Profile Blog Joined November 2002
Russian Federation1401 Posts
October 12 2010 13:56 GMT
#454
On October 11 2010 21:53 Velr wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 11 2010 07:23 SF-Fork wrote:
For me Keldorn is the 2nd best NPC after Edwin, powerwise...



It's just his Dispel Magic and the totally overpowered sword you can get for him... Otherwise he is really nothing special?


For Demi-Lichs... I just sent in Korgan or my HC which mostly was a Berserker/X combination... No need for anti-magic scrolls or the likes .


Yep, just the dispel + true sight + carsomyr I find I can't play the game without having keldorn in my party.
chas
Profile Joined October 2008
Germany18 Posts
October 12 2010 14:07 GMT
#455
Once you start playing BG2 you will never want to touch Dragon Age. It's funny how much inferior a spiritual successor can be in terms of gameplay.

You have been warned.
Deleted User 3420
Profile Blog Joined May 2003
24492 Posts
October 14 2010 02:47 GMT
#456
ok... i need help, rofl

I had a 4 man party, and I was doing the planar sphere
and i was in the demon's plane, getting the demon heart

and the demon was tough, i've died before and i always just reloaded previous save and did the fight over until i won without dying. but this time i couldnt seem to kill the demon without losing a guy (it was surrounded by other shit)

i ended up losing 2 guys, grabbing the heart, and running. i figured i'd just res them at temple when i got back

so... i used the heart and returned back to the normal plane

but i didn't realize that my guys drop all their items or something when they die. i thought they'd have all their items

now all their items are gone.. and i can't seem to go back to the demon's plane? and i don't have an old save file. so wtf do i do?
Deleted User 3420
Profile Blog Joined May 2003
24492 Posts
October 14 2010 02:53 GMT
#457
nm, i just solved it myself lol

some researched allowed me to discover that the console has a move to area command, so i just had to find out which area # the demon's plane was
Dfgj
Profile Joined May 2008
Singapore5922 Posts
October 14 2010 08:49 GMT
#458
That's pretty much the only solution besides just re-equipping them, yeah.
APurpleCow
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
United States1372 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-10-15 10:59:58
October 15 2010 10:59 GMT
#459
No need for protection from magic scrolls, just use Protection from Abjuration spell. Kangaxx can't hurt you.

Monks are so ridiculous...definitely my favorite class in BG2. 3% magic resistance per level after level 14...hit level 30 in TOB, magic does 10% to you. Not to mention your THACO, hits per round, and AC are off the charts (with no armor). Unfortunately they're a bit of a pain to level until you hit about 18 or so.

EDIT: AND your run speed is 15% faster than everyone else's...and you're resistant to poison and disease...and you get a special ability that can instantaneously kill mobs...need I go on o.O


Monks are pretty bad compared to other classes >_>

They can't get Improved Haste, meaning their attacks/round is shit, and their fists only get up to +3 weapons, which can't even damage some of the toughest enemies in the game (they require +4).

Fighter/Mage and Cleric/Ranger are a million times better.
Dfgj
Profile Joined May 2008
Singapore5922 Posts
October 15 2010 11:17 GMT
#460
On October 15 2010 19:59 APurpleCow wrote:
No need for protection from magic scrolls, just use Protection from Abjuration spell. Kangaxx can't hurt you.

Show nested quote +
Monks are so ridiculous...definitely my favorite class in BG2. 3% magic resistance per level after level 14...hit level 30 in TOB, magic does 10% to you. Not to mention your THACO, hits per round, and AC are off the charts (with no armor). Unfortunately they're a bit of a pain to level until you hit about 18 or so.

EDIT: AND your run speed is 15% faster than everyone else's...and you're resistant to poison and disease...and you get a special ability that can instantaneously kill mobs...need I go on o.O


Monks are pretty bad compared to other classes >_>

They can't get Improved Haste, meaning their attacks/round is shit, and their fists only get up to +3 weapons, which can't even damage some of the toughest enemies in the game (they require +4).

Fighter/Mage and Cleric/Ranger are a million times better.

Anyone gets improved haste from the Ring of Gaxx.

Not sure how you'd take out Kangaxx though :p
Prev 1 21 22 23 24 25 80 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 11h 57m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ZombieGrub235
NeuroSwarm 143
Nina 135
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 13518
NaDa 22
Bale 11
Dota 2
monkeys_forever114
febbydoto28
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox173
Mew2King64
Other Games
summit1g4997
Grubby3199
Liquid`RaSZi1985
shahzam677
WinterStarcraft411
C9.Mang0274
ViBE6
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream28
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 80
• musti20045 35
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie964
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
11h 57m
INu's Battles
12h 57m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
14h 57m
OSC
1d
Replay Cast
1d
OSC
2 days
Big Brain Bouts
2 days
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.