• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:49
CEST 18:49
KST 01:49
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War545.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
TL Sidebar missing streams Rollback Netcode in Brood War Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Mineral Boosting (2 workers/patch)
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9546 users

World of Tanks - Page 28

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 26 27 28 29 30 69 Next
G-Wrath
Profile Joined October 2011
Australia10 Posts
December 24 2011 13:13 GMT
#541
Haven't played for a while, but I just updated to the current version. Might play some over the next few days.
jello_biafra
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
United Kingdom6642 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-05 15:19:52
January 05 2012 15:08 GMT
#542
So there's a new year bonus where we get a free premium tank and a free extra garage slot, all you have to do apparently is enter your bonus code. However I have no idea where I get this code from, all I can find is information about how to enter the code, not where you actually find it, it hasn't been emailed to me. Anyone know how the hell we're supposed to do this?

Edit: Nevermind, I'm an idiot, found it, it's + Show Spoiler [Bonus Code] +
NEWYEAREU
, all caps (for EU server at least). Now I just need to wait for the game client to update and I can test it out ^_^

Oh, it seems I got two extra tanks and garage slots, a French Renault Tier 1 tank and a British light tank, but in Soviet colours because they used it during the war too.

In fact it seems a whole bunch of French tanks have been added, awesome.
The road to hell is paved with good intentions | aka Probert[PaiN] @ iccup / godlikeparagon @ twitch | my BW stream: http://www.teamliquid.net/video/streams/jello_biafra
{CC}StealthBlue
Profile Blog Joined January 2003
United States41117 Posts
January 05 2012 22:54 GMT
#543
French tanks have been added. No TD's or SPG's.... huh?
"Smokey, this is not 'Nam, this is bowling. There are rules."
jello_biafra
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
United Kingdom6642 Posts
January 06 2012 13:16 GMT
#544
On January 06 2012 07:54 {CC}StealthBlue wrote:
French tanks have been added. No TD's or SPG's.... huh?

Not yet, just two lines of light, medium and heavy tanks but I believe they are coming.
The road to hell is paved with good intentions | aka Probert[PaiN] @ iccup / godlikeparagon @ twitch | my BW stream: http://www.teamliquid.net/video/streams/jello_biafra
Perscienter
Profile Joined June 2010
957 Posts
January 08 2012 21:18 GMT
#545
It's an early draft of the full French tech tree and it is in parts quite painful, currently. Stay away from the D1, AMX 38 and BDR G1B as long as you can.
NEXUS6
Profile Joined July 2011
United States413 Posts
January 08 2012 21:40 GMT
#546
This game is great, but it takes soooooooooooooooooooooooooo long to progress to big tanks unless you pay for premium.
jello_biafra
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
United Kingdom6642 Posts
January 08 2012 22:04 GMT
#547
On January 09 2012 06:18 Perscienter wrote:
It's an early draft of the full French tech tree and it is in parts quite painful, currently. Stay away from the D1, AMX 38 and BDR G1B as long as you can.

Yeah tell me about it lol, D1 sucked so badly. I'm on the D2 atm and not particularly looking forward to the B1 but the later ones seem okay.

On January 09 2012 06:40 NEXUS6 wrote:
This game is great, but it takes soooooooooooooooooooooooooo long to progress to big tanks unless you pay for premium.

Yeah it does take longer and longer the higher up the tiers you go, I'm at tier 5 and it's one hell of a grind already.
The road to hell is paved with good intentions | aka Probert[PaiN] @ iccup / godlikeparagon @ twitch | my BW stream: http://www.teamliquid.net/video/streams/jello_biafra
{CC}StealthBlue
Profile Blog Joined January 2003
United States41117 Posts
January 08 2012 22:07 GMT
#548
Buy a Premium Tank, that you will enjoy, and grind exp. I have a Lowe for that exact purpose.
"Smokey, this is not 'Nam, this is bowling. There are rules."
Oleo
Profile Joined April 2010
Netherlands283 Posts
January 08 2012 22:07 GMT
#549
French tanks tier 1-4 is terrible, 5 is ok, 6+ is nice to play.
Managing Siegetanks is like raising a superhero - Artosis.
jello_biafra
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
United Kingdom6642 Posts
January 08 2012 22:41 GMT
#550
On January 09 2012 07:07 {CC}StealthBlue wrote:
Buy a Premium Tank, that you will enjoy, and grind exp. I have a Lowe for that exact purpose.

I would but I refuse to pay, I know it doesn't cost much, it's the principle of the thing though. I am enjoying the grind in my KV and will have a KV-3 soon though so it's all good.

I have considered getting a premium account though for the sole purpose of being able to play with both of my friends who play this at the same time.
The road to hell is paved with good intentions | aka Probert[PaiN] @ iccup / godlikeparagon @ twitch | my BW stream: http://www.teamliquid.net/video/streams/jello_biafra
Snipinpanda
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States1227 Posts
January 13 2012 02:04 GMT
#551
lol type 59 won't be sold anymore.

Not sure why, I sure enjoy eating them in my Pershing.

Game kinda sucks to play though without platoon mates.
tyr
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
France1686 Posts
January 16 2012 01:43 GMT
#552
Amx12t is just so much fun.
Just got out of a game against a lot of t8 meds with 4 kills and plenty of scouting. Outplayed these kids hardcore.
Kinda tempted to do some sort of weekly replay analysis.
"I'm always reminded of how manly Jaedong is every time I see him." -Bisu
Perscienter
Profile Joined June 2010
957 Posts
January 16 2012 02:11 GMT
#553
On January 09 2012 07:07 {CC}StealthBlue wrote:
Buy a Premium Tank, that you will enjoy, and grind exp. I have a Lowe for that exact purpose.

Converting experience is out of the question.
On January 13 2012 11:04 Snipinpanda wrote:
lol type 59 won't be sold anymore.

Not sure why, I sure enjoy eating them in my Pershing.

Game kinda sucks to play though without platoon mates.

Why? The dome-ish 200 frontal turret armour is more than twice the usual armour than in the other tier 8 mediums and it does not have any competitive disadvantage compared to the other tier 8 mediums. Highest top speed, gun is almost the same as on the T-44, great traverse rate, only 12% chance of catching fire, view range and radio are ok.

It has the highest tier 8 medium win ratios despite being played by newbies and veterans alike. That's why it's called op. It's ok if a premium is special, but not if it outperforms in general.

A nerf wasn't allowed, since they promised not to adjust the values of premium vehicles afterwards. They did change its matchmaking value, though.
On January 16 2012 10:43 tyr wrote:
Amx12t is just so much fun.
Just got out of a game against a lot of t8 meds with 4 kills and plenty of scouting. Outplayed these kids hardcore.
Kinda tempted to do some sort of weekly replay analysis.

Sadly, it is restricted by bad gun depression and elevation.
tyr
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
France1686 Posts
January 26 2012 23:06 GMT
#554
Edited/updated OP a little.
Should I include a list with all regular TL players names ? There was one but it had very little people in it so I just deleted it.
"I'm always reminded of how manly Jaedong is every time I see him." -Bisu
{CC}StealthBlue
Profile Blog Joined January 2003
United States41117 Posts
January 30 2012 05:49 GMT
#555
Where the hell is Overlord, he hasn't updated his blog in almost two months.
"Smokey, this is not 'Nam, this is bowling. There are rules."
Snipinpanda
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States1227 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-30 20:22:46
January 30 2012 20:22 GMT
#556
On January 16 2012 11:11 Perscienter wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 09 2012 07:07 {CC}StealthBlue wrote:
Buy a Premium Tank, that you will enjoy, and grind exp. I have a Lowe for that exact purpose.

Converting experience is out of the question.
Show nested quote +
On January 13 2012 11:04 Snipinpanda wrote:
lol type 59 won't be sold anymore.

Not sure why, I sure enjoy eating them in my Pershing.

Game kinda sucks to play though without platoon mates.

Why? The dome-ish 200 frontal turret armour is more than twice the usual armour than in the other tier 8 mediums and it does not have any competitive disadvantage compared to the other tier 8 mediums. Highest top speed, gun is almost the same as on the T-44, great traverse rate, only 12% chance of catching fire, view range and radio are ok.

It has the highest tier 8 medium win ratios despite being played by newbies and veterans alike. That's why it's called op. It's ok if a premium is special, but not if it outperforms in general.

A nerf wasn't allowed, since they promised not to adjust the values of premium vehicles afterwards. They did change its matchmaking value, though.


Uh, well, I do feel that type 59 does a lot better in tier 8 max battles than most of the t8 meds because of the armor and can just wreck everything from tier 7 and below, but I think in t9 or 10 battles pershing will outperform the type 59. However, they do really ruin the diversity cause every game you see like 5-10 type 59s and like 1-2 other t8 meds.

In any case, I've never had any problems fighting a type 59 one on one with relatively equal health. There's one situation(flat ground 1v1 from 100-300m) where type 59 will destroy a pershing, but you can generally disengage and look to fight somewhere else(you are a medium). Up close pershing will completely wreck a type 59. Did I mention type 59's hilarious ammo rack(I one shotted one in an easy 8 the other day lol)? Yeah, packs of type 59 will rip you apart, but so will any other t8 medium.

Anyways, I got the patton. I don't think I like it as the pershing relative to it's peers(losing credits doesn't help either; I don't have premium). I wish the turret could bounce anything at all, cause even though it's mantlet is good, it's so small! Gun is amazing though.
tyr
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
France1686 Posts
January 30 2012 20:41 GMT
#557
On January 30 2012 14:49 {CC}StealthBlue wrote:
Where the hell is Overlord, he hasn't updated his blog in almost two months.


I heard he got trolled hard and doesn't want to post on his blog anymore.
"I'm always reminded of how manly Jaedong is every time I see him." -Bisu
Dbars
Profile Joined July 2011
United States273 Posts
January 30 2012 22:34 GMT
#558
On January 31 2012 05:41 tyr wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 30 2012 14:49 {CC}StealthBlue wrote:
Where the hell is Overlord, he hasn't updated his blog in almost two months.


I heard he got trolled hard and doesn't want to post on his blog anymore.



LOL i always use to check that blog. People use to bitch super hard on it. I have been checking it to see when 7.2 comes out so i can buy prem again and start playing with the new american heavies. My T34 has been collecting dust for awhile now.
Pika Chu
Profile Blog Joined August 2005
Romania2510 Posts
February 18 2012 10:42 GMT
#559
I just started this yesterday, seems quite fun so far . I like because battles go pretty fast, matchmaking is almost instantaneous.

The idea of the game is nice but i fear this gets boring very soon. There's not much you can do to your tanks, it would be great if they added a lot of different ammo and components of every tank.
They first ignore you. After they laugh at you. Next they will fight you. In the end you will win.
Prime`Rib
Profile Joined September 2010
United States613 Posts
February 18 2012 12:10 GMT
#560
On February 18 2012 19:42 Pika Chu wrote:
I just started this yesterday, seems quite fun so far . I like because battles go pretty fast, matchmaking is almost instantaneous.

The idea of the game is nice but i fear this gets boring very soon. There's not much you can do to your tanks, it would be great if they added a lot of different ammo and components of every tank.



You can buy extra equipments or consumables. You can also paint their exterior if you have that much credits. The game is fun until you reach Tier 6. Enjoy the Matchmaking rape.
... funerals are insane, the chicks are so horny, its not even fair, its like fishing with dynamite ...
Prev 1 26 27 28 29 30 69 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 12m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech137
Liquid`TLO 118
BRAT_OK 74
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 22871
Leta 1145
Horang2 261
firebathero 173
Trap 152
Zeus 94
Hyun 73
soO 59
ToSsGirL 40
Bale 36
[ Show more ]
Rock 29
Aegong 25
scan(afreeca) 17
Bishop 13
Noble 11
Sacsri 10
Dota 2
Dendi1239
420jenkins413
qojqva255
Counter-Strike
fl0m4740
Other Games
Beastyqt641
mouzStarbuck380
byalli247
KnowMe222
Hui .177
FrodaN103
Livibee80
QueenE74
[ Show 20 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• poizon28 58
• 3DClanTV 37
• Adnapsc2 17
• Response 13
• Hinosc 6
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Airneanach81
• Azhi_Dahaki18
• FirePhoenix10
• Michael_bg 9
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1712
Other Games
• Shiphtur588
Upcoming Events
AI Arena Tournament
12m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2h 12m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
17h 12m
Patches Events
22h 12m
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 2h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 2h
OSC
1d 6h
OSC
1d 19h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.