• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:32
CEST 15:32
KST 22:32
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War75.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202620Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November] ASL22 General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10718 users

World of Tanks - Page 23

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 21 22 23 24 25 69 Next
Boos_18
Profile Joined December 2010
Sweden33 Posts
April 16 2011 07:56 GMT
#441
I am on the EU server as Boos18, I have a T26 and a PzII I am working on. I might just go try out the American tanks soon but I want to get the T-46 first.
qoou
Profile Joined December 2007
Norway145 Posts
April 26 2011 20:45 GMT
#442
I'm still enjoying this game after playing it non-stop for about a week (yeah screw sc2). Can absolutely recommend.

I'm 'Healthy' on EU btw.
SC2, EU: Healthy WorldOfTanks, EU: Healthy
tyr
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
France1686 Posts
April 27 2011 04:53 GMT
#443
I realized I don't actually like low tier battles that much lol
Farming my JagdPanther now and a bunch of tier6 vehicles.
"I'm always reminded of how manly Jaedong is every time I see him." -Bisu
qoou
Profile Joined December 2007
Norway145 Posts
April 27 2011 11:38 GMT
#444
I still have my T1 Cunningham. I love that little funny tank.
SC2, EU: Healthy WorldOfTanks, EU: Healthy
kuresuti
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
1393 Posts
May 02 2011 07:48 GMT
#445
Just got a Luchs with the necessary upgrades to make it go FAST! I've only played with SPGs and TDs before but wow, who would've thought going this fast was gonna be this fun :D

Anyone with a Leopard who can tell me if it also goes this fast?
tyr
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
France1686 Posts
May 02 2011 08:46 GMT
#446
Leo goes even faster.
That's pretty much all they're good for though. :/
"I'm always reminded of how manly Jaedong is every time I see him." -Bisu
brum
Profile Joined January 2011
Hungary187 Posts
May 02 2011 09:07 GMT
#447
Having maxed out a tech tree i have to say this game is pretty much disappointing.
If your enemy's tier is ~1/8 larger than yours you already straight out lose in a 1v1 fight(and those are way more than half of your enemies).
2+ tiers and you lose 2v1.
The spotting system is simply horrible.
Light tanks are pretty much worthless. Once you get a ~t4 light tank you start getting matched up against medium and large tanks which can oneshot you and/or destroy your tracks if they hit you from any angle.
Once your tier tree is maxed after ridiculous hours of grinding it's all the same. Except you'll be on the giving end of the one-sided rape train. I quit pretty much the same day i got the strongest tank because it just wasn't challenging at all.
tyr
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
France1686 Posts
May 02 2011 09:17 GMT
#448
So play a tank from a lower tier if it's not challenging for you ? :D
Having maxed out not one but several tech trees, my favorite tanks are not those of the highest tiers (except for the Panther2).
And in the lower tiers it's the same : for me it's a challenge to kill the higher tier tanks, and I love it and I think I've been doing a pretty good job at it, so I also disagree with your "already decided outcome" based on tiers.
Oh well, if you don't like the game, you don't like it, what can I say :D
"I'm always reminded of how manly Jaedong is every time I see him." -Bisu
Matharos
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada211 Posts
May 03 2011 17:06 GMT
#449
Do we have a channel?
I assure you I don't have ferrets in my pants
Xife
Profile Joined September 2009
224 Posts
May 03 2011 17:42 GMT
#450
On May 02 2011 18:07 brum wrote:
Having maxed out a tech tree i have to say this game is pretty much disappointing.
If your enemy's tier is ~1/8 larger than yours you already straight out lose in a 1v1 fight(and those are way more than half of your enemies).
2+ tiers and you lose 2v1.
The spotting system is simply horrible.
Light tanks are pretty much worthless. Once you get a ~t4 light tank you start getting matched up against medium and large tanks which can oneshot you and/or destroy your tracks if they hit you from any angle.
Once your tier tree is maxed after ridiculous hours of grinding it's all the same. Except you'll be on the giving end of the one-sided rape train. I quit pretty much the same day i got the strongest tank because it just wasn't challenging at all.



Wait, you grinded to the highest tier tank without realizing what this game was about?!!?! Woooooooooow.

Even in the beta with the 500 gold per day I could not hit the highest tier tank, highest I got was the T-44 med tank.

Yes, in a straight out fight with a sherman vs a Tiger you will lose. But now you know how the sherman tank drivers in WW2 felt!
ZidaneTribal
Profile Joined September 2007
United States2800 Posts
May 04 2011 15:37 GMT
#451
lol just go to channel Teamliquid on us server, if there is none just make one
fuck lag
hagon
Profile Joined August 2010
United Kingdom556 Posts
May 05 2011 16:24 GMT
#452
I would suggest using a medium tank if you find the tier system annoying. I use a M4A38 at the moment and playing right you can solo KV-3's and get 1500+ XP a round. Play it wrong and you die in 1 min and get 75 XP
Randomaccount#77123
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States5003 Posts
May 08 2011 01:42 GMT
#453
--- Nuked ---
Lamppost
Profile Joined February 2011
Canada317 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-09 05:06:30
May 09 2011 05:06 GMT
#454
I downloaded this game 2 days ago and have been playing non-stop like no other game before it. I'm just wondering how many people actually actively play this game at the moment. I keep hoping into the channel owned by zidane and there's no one ever there would be fun to play with a platoon and get some strats going

Edit: name is lamppost on US
Every stream chat: (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
tyr
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
France1686 Posts
May 09 2011 05:25 GMT
#455
The server split really damaged our little group.
A lot of people went on the US server, and also a lot of people ended on the EU server. We had 5-6 guys at all times on the channel before, but now .. yeah.
"I'm always reminded of how manly Jaedong is every time I see him." -Bisu
kunstderfugue
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Mexico375 Posts
May 10 2011 07:06 GMT
#456
this game is awesome! i just tried it and i loved the gameplay from the start on. the only concern that i have is mouse sensibility issues (maybe mouse acceleration is default, i didn't find an option to disable that) on the menus. I am energycore on the US server and i'm still a scrub yet the game has me there, at least playing 45 minutes a day, for three days now.

On May 09 2011 14:06 Lamppost wrote:
I downloaded this game 2 days ago and have been playing non-stop like no other game before it. I'm just wondering how many people actually actively play this game at the moment. I keep hoping into the channel owned by zidane and there's no one ever there would be fun to play with a platoon and get some strats going

Edit: name is lamppost on US


there is a counter for the number of people online in each server, in the top left corner, as well as the number of battles being held at any moment.
Old lamps for new!
Xife
Profile Joined September 2009
224 Posts
May 10 2011 07:08 GMT
#457
I'm on the US server again as Xife btw..

I just wish that premium was not required to play with your friends.. Currently we have to queue at the same time and pray it works out
Lamppost
Profile Joined February 2011
Canada317 Posts
May 14 2011 04:27 GMT
#458
On May 10 2011 16:06 kunstderfugue wrote:
this game is awesome! i just tried it and i loved the gameplay from the start on. the only concern that i have is mouse sensibility issues (maybe mouse acceleration is default, i didn't find an option to disable that) on the menus. I am energycore on the US server and i'm still a scrub yet the game has me there, at least playing 45 minutes a day, for three days now.

Show nested quote +
On May 09 2011 14:06 Lamppost wrote:
I downloaded this game 2 days ago and have been playing non-stop like no other game before it. I'm just wondering how many people actually actively play this game at the moment. I keep hoping into the channel owned by zidane and there's no one ever there would be fun to play with a platoon and get some strats going

Edit: name is lamppost on US


there is a counter for the number of people online in each server, in the top left corner, as well as the number of battles being held at any moment.


I kind of meant TLers I've still been playing a lot and I have started feeling the flaws and I cannot wait for the patch that is suppose to be fixing my tiger I've worked so hard and was sadden by how terrible it was lol Great games with its flaws won't make me stop playing until I get my maus

Does any Tlers actually have a tier 9/10 tank atm?
Every stream chat: (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
tyr
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
France1686 Posts
May 14 2011 04:35 GMT
#459
Currently not going for them.
Got my KT today and gonna farm a little bit on it to upgrade it and then will start farming my Panther but I don't intend to go for a Maus or 4502. I had one in beta and I just have more fun playing a KT than a Maus, though I hear the Maus is much better in the 0.6.4, so who knows ... ^^
As for the Tiger, I also thought at first that it would a pain playing that tank, but actually, if you play it right it's a VERY good tank. The L71 is a great gun too, if you use it right. ^^
"I'm always reminded of how manly Jaedong is every time I see him." -Bisu
{CC}StealthBlue
Profile Blog Joined January 2003
United States41117 Posts
May 21 2011 22:56 GMT
#460
Russian Q & A:

http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/38582-russian-forums-post-64-developer-qa-may-11-to-may-18/

Q: When will you introduce options for sniper and artillery views? [I’m assuming he means graphics – e.g. toggle smoke, etc.]

A: As soon as we finish the implementation. I don’t have the exact time frame.



Q: After the last patch, I got the impression that the Panther II’s shell velocity was decreased. Is this the case? If so, why was it lowered after just having been raised in the patch before?

A: The AP round velocity was decreased from 1300 m/s to 1200 m/s. The gold round velocity was increased from 1360 m/s to 1500 m/s. The HE round velocity was increased from 1100 m/s to 1200 m/s. This was done to bring shell velocities for all guns into a single unified system.




Q: So you’re going to introduce Tier 6 lights, and the French might get Tier 7-8 lights. So why isn’t the M41 Bulldog in the American tree? It’s the Chaffee but with top speed of 72 kph instead of 55 kph, same weight, decent enough armament for Tier 6-7, designed in 1946-1949 with first production model delivered in 1951…[Additional reasons and photos.]

A: Perhaps we’ll introduce it.



"Smokey, this is not 'Nam, this is bowling. There are rules."
Prev 1 21 22 23 24 25 69 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 9h 28m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
LamboSC2 359
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 35728
Calm 7660
Rain 1858
Bisu 1791
Jaedong 1179
Horang2 689
FanTaSy 685
BeSt 558
Larva 485
Soma 431
[ Show more ]
Light 363
Rush 301
Stork 269
ZerO 242
Snow 233
Zeus 162
Barracks 136
Free 124
Mind 99
910 98
Killer 68
Mong 63
Sea.KH 50
Pusan 47
Hyun 45
ToSsGirL 41
Shinee 38
NaDa 34
Aegong 24
Terrorterran 21
Sexy 18
Hm[arnc] 15
sorry 14
Rock 10
Noble 9
Sacsri 8
Icarus 3
Dota 2
Gorgc7999
XaKoH 243
Counter-Strike
fl0m3081
olofmeister886
Other Games
gofns30870
singsing2177
B2W.Neo813
hiko355
Lowko329
crisheroes289
Mlord187
Hui .130
Livibee105
RotterdaM104
djWHEAT86
Mew2King77
QueenE33
ZerO(Twitch)10
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 9
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix13
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis3928
• Jankos2555
• TFBlade610
Other Games
• WagamamaTV195
Upcoming Events
OSC
9h 28m
Big Brain Bouts
20h 28m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 3h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 5h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 20h
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-08
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.