• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:46
CEST 21:46
KST 04:46
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck?
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7209 users

World of Tanks - Page 15

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 13 14 15 16 17 69 Next
tyr
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
France1686 Posts
December 11 2010 00:15 GMT
#281
also maybe you guys wanna see some specific stuff on stream sometime
like .. good TD or arty strategies or some specific stuff depending on the map or whatever you can think of, just post here and we'll find some time when we can do it.
"I'm always reminded of how manly Jaedong is every time I see him." -Bisu
abyss
Profile Joined September 2009
Czech Republic139 Posts
December 12 2010 12:28 GMT
#282
this game is AWESOME, try it
Stupid is who stupid does
Bartuc
Profile Joined October 2010
Netherlands629 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-12 14:10:04
December 12 2010 14:09 GMT
#283
Just got my KV, vanilla modules kind of suck but I'm going for the 122

Anyways, Stug with 105 is awesome. Just had a game where I knocked about half hp off of two mini mauses (not in one shot of course). Definately a keeper!
It is a sign of strength to cry out against fate, rather than to bow one's head and succumb.
hp.Shell
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States2527 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-13 06:14:01
December 12 2010 19:00 GMT
#284
I'm already addicted. I'm glad I saw this topic in the sidebar for once. Almost at T3....

TL - WoT IGNs:
hp.shell - Raddmiral
Please PM me with any songs you like that you think I haven't heard before!
Mr. Wiggles
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Canada5894 Posts
December 12 2010 21:45 GMT
#285
This game is addicting!

Username: Mr_Wiggles

Also, does TeamLiquid have its own chatroom ?
you gotta dance
Percutio
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States1672 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-20 06:04:14
December 13 2010 06:02 GMT
#286
On December 12 2010 23:09 Bartuc wrote:
Just got my KV, vanilla modules kind of suck but I'm going for the 122

Anyways, Stug with 105 is awesome. Just had a game where I knocked about half hp off of two mini mauses (not in one shot of course). Definately a keeper!

Yeah 105 is beast
If you like it then you should get the derp gun for the KV (The 152). It usually 1shots anything tier 5 or lower.
What does it matter how I loose it?
Phelix
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
1931 Posts
December 13 2010 06:18 GMT
#287
There is a TeamLiquid Channel under my name.
I have to stop rushing out and be patient, I'm bleeding credits/breaking even in each battle.
Venture Capital is better off spent on lottery tickets rather than investing in E-Sports; you'll get a far better return. The difference is simple: Koreans are tryharding at the game, foreigners are tryharding in real-life.
tyr
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
France1686 Posts
December 13 2010 06:33 GMT
#288
I'm glad so many people from TL like this game.
I'm just a little afraid many of you might be discouraged once you hit tier 3/4 and get matched with the fatties. A few of my friends have ...
Don't worry. There's a soft wipe coming in January and some new game modes where balance will hopefully be better.
"I'm always reminded of how manly Jaedong is every time I see him." -Bisu
HollowLord
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States3862 Posts
December 13 2010 06:49 GMT
#289
What was the name of that old online game where you played as teams of tanks against eachother? I forget, was it like... Tanaris? It was made by SOE.
dota 2 stream #noskill #feed #noob twitch.tv/dmcredgrave
Ajunta
Profile Joined October 2010
Germany522 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-13 06:55:53
December 13 2010 06:54 GMT
#290
I've been playing it for about two weeks

username: debug

The thing is that i used to play this other game, tankionline.com, during the summer. Coincidentally it was also of Russian origin and, to put it simply, it was a WoT with shitty graphics that you played directly from your browser. Anyway, i enjoyed the game's "one-battle-at-a-time"-concept quite much as you didn't need to do all the other boring stuff you need to do in typical MMOs, you just log-in and play. Brilliant.

Back on topic, I really enjoy playing with SPGs so you'll probably see me playing on a Grille or Hummel.
Btw, for the newbs who also want to use SPGs, get the high-tier-big-guns asap. The difference is astounding.
GypsyBeast
Profile Joined December 2010
Canada630 Posts
December 18 2010 21:19 GMT
#291
Goddamn this game is sucking the life out of me lol
Username: commodore_Arse
im loving this game but it still needs some tweeks, the tanks should not actually be invisable when they dont have that red hash mark over them, but spgs should still need to see ther red hash mark to actually be able to see them
Ya? Well ill BM you harder! Another win in 10 seconds flat! -Rainbow Dash playing SC2.
Phelix
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
1931 Posts
December 18 2010 21:35 GMT
#292
Damn, I won't be able to play this while I'm at home, so I'll be afk for 1.5 months.

Is it advantageous to kill other artillery ASAP rather than focusing down on the heavy tanks? All the tank drivers scream at the arty when they ask for "counter-arty" when they die, but smart artillery drivers move after each shot, especially the American artilleries with their high movement speed. Watching tracer rounds detracts damage against the heavier tanks, but could spot an easy artillery kill. Also, you need the right type of artillery to counter, as people don't understand that the SU-8 and the American Artilleries don't have infinite range, thus they might not be able to counter-battery.

Also, I don't like how the tech tree forces the player to upgrade the suspension first, in order to get the better equipment. Farming the suspension can be a torture, as some stock tanks are unbelievably horrible until the suspension upgrade.

Balance currently is sorted by Tiers of the tank, then by alphabetical order, though I think they scale by putting medium tanks Tier x-1 among the heavies. Artillery balance is trying to balance the tiers and amount, though sometimes you get a SU-8 and Hummel vs 3 Grilles.
Venture Capital is better off spent on lottery tickets rather than investing in E-Sports; you'll get a far better return. The difference is simple: Koreans are tryharding at the game, foreigners are tryharding in real-life.
tyr
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
France1686 Posts
December 19 2010 03:55 GMT
#293
On December 19 2010 06:19 GypsyBeast wrote:
Goddamn this game is sucking the life out of me lol
Username: commodore_Arse
im loving this game but it still needs some tweeks, the tanks should not actually be invisable when they dont have that red hash mark over them, but spgs should still need to see ther red hash mark to actually be able to see them


Yeah there's a patch coming up next week that should fix some of the invisibility issues that are happening right now. Hopefully it'll be better then.
"I'm always reminded of how manly Jaedong is every time I see him." -Bisu
Hamynelypham
Profile Joined October 2010
13 Posts
December 19 2010 04:45 GMT
#294
We only have hope left. Broken spotting system and invisible ninja tanks kill all the fun. I personally complain about the whole SPG system (needs to be reworked imo, it's just too easy to pwn people using arty) and matchmaking (because tier IV and V tanks reaally stand a chance against tier IX/X heavies and TDs). But with all those issuses, damn, I still play this game.
"use full English sentences. I'm not quite sure what you're trying to say, and I'm sure that there are a lot of other people who feel the same way."
{CC}StealthBlue
Profile Blog Joined January 2003
United States41117 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-19 06:45:00
December 19 2010 06:44 GMT
#295
Patch 0.6.2.X etc. is looking awesome.
"Smokey, this is not 'Nam, this is bowling. There are rules."
GypsyBeast
Profile Joined December 2010
Canada630 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-19 09:37:45
December 19 2010 08:22 GMT
#296
they should add a mode where there are set slots for different types of tanks on each team, for example only 2 heavys, 2 SPG's 3 TD's and the rest medium and light tanks. i think this would add much more of a team, and stratigic aspect to the game and change the heavy, TD and SPG only games once you are in the higher teirs. Also historical made would be sweet!
Ya? Well ill BM you harder! Another win in 10 seconds flat! -Rainbow Dash playing SC2.
Bartuc
Profile Joined October 2010
Netherlands629 Posts
December 19 2010 08:47 GMT
#297
On December 13 2010 15:02 Percutio wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 12 2010 23:09 Bartuc wrote:
Just got my KV, vanilla modules kind of suck but I'm going for the 122

Anyways, Stug with 105 is awesome. Just had a game where I knocked about half hp off of two mini mauses (not in one shot of course). Definately a keeper!

Yeah 105 is beast
If you like it then you should get the derp gun for the KV (The 155). It usually 1shots anything tier 5 or lower.


Yeah I already got the 152 but I'm doubting whether to use that or the 107. The 152 is a lot of fun in higher tier matches, but when you're thrown in tier 2-5 matchups it is just too excruciatingly slow since you will 1-hit everything with the 107 anyway.
It is a sign of strength to cry out against fate, rather than to bow one's head and succumb.
Percutio
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States1672 Posts
December 20 2010 06:07 GMT
#298
On December 19 2010 13:45 Hamynelypham wrote:
We only have hope left. Broken spotting system and invisible ninja tanks kill all the fun. I personally complain about the whole SPG system (needs to be reworked imo, it's just too easy to pwn people using arty) and matchmaking (because tier IV and V tanks reaally stand a chance against tier IX/X heavies and TDs). But with all those issuses, damn, I still play this game.

SPGs aren't that bad if there are less than 4-5 on a team, but the current spotting system beats warping by a ton.

Mediums and lights were very powerful with warping and tds were really bad.

I'm biased because I prefer TDs, but invisible tanks have indirectly buffed TDs.

Still, invisible tigers hiding in bushes seems pretty bad and is very annoying because it promotes camping, but panthers flickering in and out of view was worse.
What does it matter how I loose it?
Bartuc
Profile Joined October 2010
Netherlands629 Posts
December 20 2010 09:08 GMT
#299
On December 20 2010 15:07 Percutio wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 19 2010 13:45 Hamynelypham wrote:
We only have hope left. Broken spotting system and invisible ninja tanks kill all the fun. I personally complain about the whole SPG system (needs to be reworked imo, it's just too easy to pwn people using arty) and matchmaking (because tier IV and V tanks reaally stand a chance against tier IX/X heavies and TDs). But with all those issuses, damn, I still play this game.

SPGs aren't that bad if there are less than 4-5 on a team, but the current spotting system beats warping by a ton.

Mediums and lights were very powerful with warping and tds were really bad.

I'm biased because I prefer TDs, but invisible tanks have indirectly buffed TDs.

Still, invisible tigers hiding in bushes seems pretty bad and is very annoying because it promotes camping, but panthers flickering in and out of view was worse.


I feel the problem with the current arty system is that it further encourages camping; I mean when there's an s-51 pointing my way I'm going to hide behind a building and stay there.
It is a sign of strength to cry out against fate, rather than to bow one's head and succumb.
KovuTalli
Profile Joined May 2010
United Kingdom325 Posts
December 20 2010 14:16 GMT
#300
Just got my invite today Installing now this game looks great.

Ingame name: KovuTalli
"Milk tastes like milk" - Raelcun.
Prev 1 13 14 15 16 17 69 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 14h 15m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 1031
IndyStarCraft 211
Nina 12
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 16161
Calm 2332
Horang2 343
Mini 168
Rush 103
EffOrt 101
Zeus 49
Trap 21
Bale 16
scan(afreeca) 16
Dota 2
febbydoto15
LuMiX2
Counter-Strike
fl0m5341
Fnx 1539
pashabiceps1379
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King42
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3854
Liquid`Hasu516
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi1762
Beastyqt715
B2W.Neo540
C9.Mang0327
crisheroes181
QueenE106
Trikslyr99
Dewaltoss71
UpATreeSC59
ZombieGrub31
JuggernautJason25
shahzam0
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream24
Other Games
Algost 2
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 30
• Michael_bg 11
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• TFBlade911
Other Games
• imaqtpie947
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
14h 15m
INu's Battles
15h 15m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
17h 15m
OSC
1d 2h
Replay Cast
1d 3h
OSC
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
Patches Events
3 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.