• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:09
CEST 13:09
KST 20:09
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)76Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7932 users

World of Tanks - Page 14

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 12 13 14 15 16 69 Next
Phelix
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
1931 Posts
December 02 2010 03:52 GMT
#261
I meant the T32s in my previous post, I don't remember the ranks for the American tanks. The medium tanks offer nothing for the battle, since the mobility doesn't compensate for the damage/ armor provided by the Heavy tanks. Good heavy tanks should be able to gun down medium tanks due to the recent patch of no more warping in. TDs are not useful because of the lack of mobility in competitive play.

Still, this doesn't address the balance that certain tanks are more advantageous than others. I know the SU-14 is picked because it's the best arty available in the game so far, Tier 6 with the ability to arm a T8 weapon. A-20s are better than Leopards/M5 Stuarts because of its 72 top speed. T29s are better than the IS-3/Tiger II because of the armor. Of course, with balance changes and time, I hope to see more diversity in tank selections.
Venture Capital is better off spent on lottery tickets rather than investing in E-Sports; you'll get a far better return. The difference is simple: Koreans are tryharding at the game, foreigners are tryharding in real-life.
hellsan631
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States695 Posts
December 02 2010 04:08 GMT
#262
On December 02 2010 12:52 Phelix wrote:
I meant the T32s in my previous post, I don't remember the ranks for the American tanks. The medium tanks offer nothing for the battle, since the mobility doesn't compensate for the damage/ armor provided by the Heavy tanks. Good heavy tanks should be able to gun down medium tanks due to the recent patch of no more warping in. TDs are not useful because of the lack of mobility in competitive play.

Still, this doesn't address the balance that certain tanks are more advantageous than others. I know the SU-14 is picked because it's the best arty available in the game so far, Tier 6 with the ability to arm a T8 weapon. A-20s are better than Leopards/M5 Stuarts because of its 72 top speed. T29s are better than the IS-3/Tiger II because of the armor. Of course, with balance changes and time, I hope to see more diversity in tank selections.


While a20's can do 72, its actually surprisingly easy to kill them since the recent patch. With my is3, i eat t29's pretty easy (its fully elite'ed) I don't see many balance issues, because it all comes down to team play.No 1 tank can beat every other tank when the other tanks are played correctly.
tyr
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
France1686 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-02 19:12:11
December 02 2010 18:03 GMT
#263
lol guys
remember that NONE of the current tech trees are final
for instance, the E-series are still missing in the german one, and that's only for the heavies.
There will be A LOT more tanks for each nation, so don't complain about the t7 lights yet, I doubt they'll even be introduced before the final release ...

full soviet tree

full german tree
(beware of the Lowe and the E100 <3 )

full american tree


edit 2 :
E-100 at the bottom (it's a projection of course as the prototype was never finished, but it looks sweet)
"I'm always reminded of how manly Jaedong is every time I see him." -Bisu
tyr
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
France1686 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-03 17:01:05
December 03 2010 16:08 GMT
#264
also, streaming

livestream failing
stopping for now
"I'm always reminded of how manly Jaedong is every time I see him." -Bisu
tyr
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
France1686 Posts
December 08 2010 16:42 GMT
#265
I just got 10 kills in a single game with my T32.
Lol I love that tank.
"I'm always reminded of how manly Jaedong is every time I see him." -Bisu
Phelix
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
1931 Posts
December 08 2010 17:30 GMT
#266
Finally got enough experience for the T1 Heavy, trying to grind for the experience. Heavies don't really fit my playstyle though, or maybe I'm too used to the VK 3002 DB of just spinning around Heavies. Close to my Panther, and need to grind for the Su-14.
Venture Capital is better off spent on lottery tickets rather than investing in E-Sports; you'll get a far better return. The difference is simple: Koreans are tryharding at the game, foreigners are tryharding in real-life.
link0
Profile Joined March 2010
United States1071 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-08 22:51:53
December 08 2010 22:49 GMT
#267
This game has the worst matchmaking system ever created. 90% of my games with a tier4 Pz3 will have me as one of the bottom 3 tanks. Most games will have multiple IS4s and Tiger2s. I can usually beat anyone in my own tier, but can't contribute at all to a game full of Tier9 heavies. Suicide scouting is the only way to go.

The game clearly favors people who grind heavy tanks over any other class.

Oh yea, it's a huge campfest too since you can hide behind a bush for 100% invisibility. This gives the defender multiple free shots which completely negates any incentive to not camp.


But I keep playing because I love ww2 tanks.
http://www.justin.tv/link0 - Gosu.Linko - http://www.facebook.com/link0
oooo27
Profile Joined October 2010
342 Posts
December 09 2010 12:57 GMT
#268
I like mostly like this game, but a lot of the matches are unbalanced. Going up against tier 7-8 with tier 3-4 (happens 80% of the time) is no fun.
Phelix
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
1931 Posts
December 09 2010 21:07 GMT
#269
I don't see any of you guys in the TL channel anymore, getting bored with the grind of the tanks. T1 heavy seems pretty bad, but I guess I will have to grind through it.

Honestly, they need to boost the amount of credits for T8/9/10 for defeats, bleeding credits with premium kinda sucks when some of the matches are just retarded.
Venture Capital is better off spent on lottery tickets rather than investing in E-Sports; you'll get a far better return. The difference is simple: Koreans are tryharding at the game, foreigners are tryharding in real-life.
Snipinpanda
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States1227 Posts
December 09 2010 21:19 GMT
#270
How are you supposed to prevent yourself from getting counter artied in the SU-14?

The stupid thing is so slow....
Also, is there a point in it until you get the new gun?
Rasva_Pallo
Profile Joined September 2010
Finland126 Posts
December 09 2010 21:53 GMT
#271
applied
Whatever, go to ---> wesnoth.org
link0
Profile Joined March 2010
United States1071 Posts
December 10 2010 00:05 GMT
#272
Goddamn the Marder II is awesome. It's totally OP for it's tier. It has a Tier 5 gun on a tier 3 platform allowing you to 2 shot everything from Tiers 1-4.
http://www.justin.tv/link0 - Gosu.Linko - http://www.facebook.com/link0
tyr
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
France1686 Posts
December 10 2010 00:45 GMT
#273
On December 10 2010 09:05 link0 wrote:
Goddamn the Marder II is awesome. It's totally OP for it's tier. It has a Tier 5 gun on a tier 3 platform allowing you to 2 shot everything from Tiers 1-4.


Heh
Stick with it, cuz the hetzer is matche with the heavy stuff and you'll just get oneshot every game. Literally. I always aim for the hetzers first instead of heavier stuff cuz they're so cute and I love killing them. <3 A lot of people actually do the same lol
So yeah ... Keep the Marder :D
"I'm always reminded of how manly Jaedong is every time I see him." -Bisu
link0
Profile Joined March 2010
United States1071 Posts
December 10 2010 00:56 GMT
#274
On December 10 2010 09:45 tyr wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 10 2010 09:05 link0 wrote:
Goddamn the Marder II is awesome. It's totally OP for it's tier. It has a Tier 5 gun on a tier 3 platform allowing you to 2 shot everything from Tiers 1-4.


Heh
Stick with it, cuz the hetzer is matche with the heavy stuff and you'll just get oneshot every game. Literally. I always aim for the hetzers first instead of heavier stuff cuz they're so cute and I love killing them. <3 A lot of people actually do the same lol
So yeah ... Keep the Marder :D


Yup. Anything Tier4-5 will be placed in matches with multiple Tier 9 heavies. It just kills the fun when you can't do shit in a battle of juggernauts. I've definitely never going to move to the hetzer.

Unless you have a Tier 7+ heavy tank yourself, it's waaaaay more fun to play with Tier2-3 stuff due to matchmaking.
http://www.justin.tv/link0 - Gosu.Linko - http://www.facebook.com/link0
Phelix
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
1931 Posts
December 10 2010 01:05 GMT
#275
We should totally play and meet in the TeamLiquid Channel. I'm willing to play this week on TS3 with a mic.

I have played this game not even knowing that you can customize your tanks with upgrades, though most are tank specific. I don't really like spending credits on consumables, seems like a waste, unless someone can offer a good reason on why to buy them.

@Snipinpanda I haven't got the SU-14 yet, but I know that it moves really slow until you get the suspension upgrade, even then it won't improve much. Also, the weapon upgrade is dubbed the "Ion Cannon" for a good reason.

But tyr, Hetzers gotta Hetz!
Venture Capital is better off spent on lottery tickets rather than investing in E-Sports; you'll get a far better return. The difference is simple: Koreans are tryharding at the game, foreigners are tryharding in real-life.
tyr
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
France1686 Posts
December 10 2010 02:21 GMT
#276
Hell yeah, Hetzers are hetzing pretty hard. :D
(I say that every time I kill one lol)

Also, consumables are kinda nice actually. I always have repair kit and medpack on my heavies. If my ammo rack is destroyed or my loader is dead and I actually need them because I'm in a tense combat situation, I use it. Saved me more than once.
When you have a 6rof gun you drop to like 3 or 4 without ammo rack or loader, and you REALLY need your normal fire rate in some situations.
"I'm always reminded of how manly Jaedong is every time I see him." -Bisu
ZidaneTribal
Profile Joined September 2007
United States2800 Posts
December 10 2010 02:38 GMT
#277
hetzer was pretty good when i had one, it has a nice gun with HE shells and it bounces quite a few shots. but when i played marder 2 it was always put in with the higher tier tanks so i have bad experiences driving that
fuck lag
Fruscainte
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
4596 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-10 02:44:08
December 10 2010 02:41 GMT
#278
Alright, so I got a key.

How do I activate it? I didn't get it in an email, Alienware is giving away like 2,000 on their website and I don't now what to do.

EDIT: NEVERMIND. I got it. But yeah, about 970 keys left here:

http://www.alienwarearena.com/event/wot-beta/
Percutio
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States1672 Posts
December 10 2010 03:29 GMT
#279
I skipped the hetzer.

Now my Stug III has the 105 and absolutely wrecks heavy tanks with HE.
What does it matter how I loose it?
tyr
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
France1686 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-11 00:00:35
December 10 2010 21:50 GMT
#280
Gonna stream some games.

Stream link under the calendar. Feel free to chat in the chat, as I'll read in between games.

edit : done for now.
No really great games today but there were some nice situations still. Ah well ...
"I'm always reminded of how manly Jaedong is every time I see him." -Bisu
Prev 1 12 13 14 15 16 69 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Kung Fu Cup
20:00
Kung Fu Cup Weekly #26
IntoTheiNu 387
RotterdaM64
Rex61
TKL 23
SteadfastSC19
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko304
RotterdaM 64
Rex 61
Codebar 41
TKL 23
SteadfastSC 19
ByuN 0
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 3199
Shuttle 1225
Bisu 762
Soulkey 679
Horang2 570
Jaedong 552
BeSt 414
actioN 334
Mong 329
Soma 253
[ Show more ]
firebathero 250
Stork 196
Larva 166
Rush 161
Mini 126
Last 112
Hyun 103
Zeus 92
Pusan 87
PianO 74
ZerO 73
Free 69
910 68
Mind 65
Shine 57
Snow 47
hero 40
sorry 40
Shinee 39
sSak 28
Sharp 28
Bale 22
Sexy 21
ToSsGirL 20
HiyA 20
ZergMaN 19
Hm[arnc] 10
Sacsri 9
Noble 7
JYJ 6
scan(afreeca) 6
yabsab 1
Dota 2
XcaliburYe277
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1434
shoxiejesuss730
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King241
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes242
Other Games
gofns45577
singsing1937
B2W.Neo210
DeMusliM180
Pyrionflax170
KnowMe140
Livibee140
Trikslyr22
ZerO(Twitch)6
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV175
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream38
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV279
League of Legends
• Jankos1204
Other Games
• Shiphtur479
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
4h 51m
The PondCast
22h 51m
INu's Battles
23h 51m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 11h
Replay Cast
1d 11h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
Patches Events
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.