• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:55
CEST 02:55
KST 09:55
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9757 users

Minecraft thread - Page 5

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 58 59 60 Next
plated.rawr
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Norway1676 Posts
August 03 2010 09:17 GMT
#81
Ugh, another night of 3 hours sleep.

Anyhow, snow maps? Do you have to enable it somewhere, or does it occur naturally?
Savior broke my heart ;_; || twitch.tv/onnings
UniversalSnip
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
9871 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-03 09:21:20
August 03 2010 09:21 GMT
#82
Just happens, far as I can tell.
"How fucking dare you defile the sanctity of DotA with your fucking casual plebian terminology? May the curse of Gaben and Volvo be upon you. le filthy casual."
orgolove
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
Vatican City State1650 Posts
August 03 2010 10:17 GMT
#83
Damn! after spending 60 bucks on sc2 and pledging my soul to blizzard, this gem comes along! Ugh
초대 갓, 이영호 | First God, Lee Young Ho
orgolove
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
Vatican City State1650 Posts
August 03 2010 10:21 GMT
#84


Lol "dat autism"
초대 갓, 이영호 | First God, Lee Young Ho
Deleted User 39582
Profile Joined August 2008
317 Posts
August 03 2010 17:56 GMT
#85
today i built a lighthouse and a sailboat
[image loading]

I only ran into a bit of trouble...
[image loading]
besiger
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
Croatia2452 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-03 18:45:28
August 03 2010 18:40 GMT
#86
That looks so amazing, I wish I had some way of using paypal or credit cards, damn my country.
I really wanna play
A weak will coupled with delusions of grandeur
SilentCrono
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States1420 Posts
August 03 2010 21:40 GMT
#87
On July 31 2010 02:53 n.DieJokes wrote:
So it's like a zelda rip off? If so that sounds pretty good, I might check it out


lol?
♞ Your soul will forever be lost in the void of a horse. ♞
plated.rawr
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Norway1676 Posts
August 03 2010 22:17 GMT
#88
Supposedly, survival multiplayer is being added / has been added today. Anyone got a server going?
Savior broke my heart ;_; || twitch.tv/onnings
ohIdentity
Profile Joined March 2010
United States52 Posts
August 03 2010 22:57 GMT
#89
Survival Multiplayer is actually slated for tomorrow. I'm stoked, man. But keep in mind it is gonna be a very unstable version (According to Notch himself) and there will be bugs. And apparently the player's inventory is client-side, meaning you can hack. Meaning the griefers will be insurmountable. Meaning not a whole lot of fun will be had. But either way, FUGGIN SMP MAN! FUCK YEAH!
plated.rawr
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Norway1676 Posts
August 04 2010 00:42 GMT
#90
Tip of the day - always bring a bucket of lava.

Was caught deep down in a mine with two hearts left and a room filled with creepers, zombies and skeletons separating me from freedom. Dug up above the room and slipped a little torrent of lava down on their heads, laughed, collected the lava and went on my merry way.
Savior broke my heart ;_; || twitch.tv/onnings
Durak
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Canada3685 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-04 03:28:56
August 04 2010 02:32 GMT
#91
On August 04 2010 09:42 plated.rawr wrote:
Tip of the day - always bring a bucket of lava.

Was caught deep down in a mine with two hearts left and a room filled with creepers, zombies and skeletons separating me from freedom. Dug up above the room and slipped a little torrent of lava down on their heads, laughed, collected the lava and went on my merry way.

Thanks to your advice, I got owned >_<

I was digging in this sweet cave with zombies everywhere. I found lava near some redstone at the bottom. I decided to bucket it because of your post. Then I thought "Maybe I should drop it on the stone block next to me to see how it works before I run into more zombies." After dropping a cube of lava on the square next to me, I slowly burned to death.

How do you use this stuff?

Edit: I swear I've found the best mine in the game. I've only found 100 red stone dust, 4 gems, 60 silver, and 20 gold so far but it's gigantic. I've gone through a gold sword and two silver swords of enemies. I just died to a room of 5 zombies, 3 skeletons, and 2 creepers. Insane.
sleeepy
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
Canada777 Posts
August 04 2010 05:40 GMT
#92
Does anyone know how to make arrows? I just bought the game, have a nice little wooden hut with stone equipment and a bow, but no arrows. Are they only obtainable from skeletons? Can't be because chickens drop feathers which I assume would somehow be used in arrow making. Anyone know?
pokeyAA
Profile Blog Joined February 2004
United States936 Posts
August 04 2010 06:05 GMT
#93
My badass water slide from the highest cliff near me, ending at the glass roof of my house.

Somehow a cow managed to get up there...

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
plated.rawr
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Norway1676 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-04 08:45:36
August 04 2010 08:40 GMT
#94
On August 04 2010 11:32 Durak wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 04 2010 09:42 plated.rawr wrote:
Tip of the day - always bring a bucket of lava.

Was caught deep down in a mine with two hearts left and a room filled with creepers, zombies and skeletons separating me from freedom. Dug up above the room and slipped a little torrent of lava down on their heads, laughed, collected the lava and went on my merry way.

Thanks to your advice, I got owned >_<

I was digging in this sweet cave with zombies everywhere. I found lava near some redstone at the bottom. I decided to bucket it because of your post. Then I thought "Maybe I should drop it on the stone block next to me to see how it works before I run into more zombies." After dropping a cube of lava on the square next to me, I slowly burned to death.

How do you use this stuff?

Edit: I swear I've found the best mine in the game. I've only found 100 red stone dust, 4 gems, 60 silver, and 20 gold so far but it's gigantic. I've gone through a gold sword and two silver swords of enemies. I just died to a room of 5 zombies, 3 skeletons, and 2 creepers. Insane.

Haha, tough break. It works kinda like water - drop it somewhere, and it will spread out in a puddle, preferring downward slopes. You should try pouring it at max range, and only when standing on higher ground, otherwise you might get a fun little bath like you did.

If you do get hit, supposedly, the lava touch does five hearts of damage, and in the following ten seconds, you'll be taking half a heart per second, totaling in ten hearts, or a full healthbar, of damage - if you eat something, you should survive.

Should - I haven't actually tried it, I'm more of a "oshit, i'm on fire, runnnnn to the nearest source of water or die on the way!!!!!!"-kinda person.

On August 04 2010 14:40 sleeepy wrote:
Does anyone know how to make arrows? I just bought the game, have a nice little wooden hut with stone equipment and a bow, but no arrows. Are they only obtainable from skeletons? Can't be because chickens drop feathers which I assume would somehow be used in arrow making. Anyone know?

You need an arrowhead, a shaft and stabilizers.

+ Show Spoiler +
Flint from sandstone deposits, a stick made from planks, and a feather.
Savior broke my heart ;_; || twitch.tv/onnings
Marradron
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Netherlands1586 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-04 09:14:15
August 04 2010 08:49 GMT
#95
If someone starts up a multiplayer server I'd be interestted in playing. Just purchased the game

BTW if i have 20 sticks how do i split them up into 2 stacks of 10 ?
SpiritWolf
Profile Joined July 2008
United States127 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-04 18:51:50
August 04 2010 09:27 GMT
#96
I am testing a survival multi-player sever now. Set the ip to minecraft.sytes.net

EDIT: server is down.. If someone with a more stable connection wants to host a server you can download the program here http://www.minecraft.net/download.jsp
plated.rawr
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Norway1676 Posts
August 04 2010 09:59 GMT
#97
SMP is all cool, and I'll definately join the server once I'm done at work, but what I'd love would be for some of this dude's suggestion to be made live, this one for instance:

[image loading]

SETTLEMENT - Player towns.

+ Show Spoiler +
This is a big concept. I was going through things in my head, on how we can make multiplayer really work, without people just getting pissed and destroying everything at the drop of a hat. That's when I came up with the Totem idea. Pretty much, you make a totem (more on that in a second) that marks your area in a circular radius. If you're the Chief (more on that in a second, too), activating the totem brings up a menu where you can pay Tribute (increasingly expensive materials, like five iron bars, or three gold blocks) to increase your claim size, mess around with the status positions in your settlement, and stuff like that.

The important thing here is that, within that circular radius, every block is marked as "Claimed" (opposed to "Wilderness", which would be every other block in the world), and are much harder to destroy for everyone not belonging to the settlement, or not holding a high enough settlement position. This can be very useful when combined with my reinforced block concept. You may also respawn at the totem, which makes sense to me than just marking a place to respawn. You have to EARN the right to reincarnate wherever you want!

Making a totem involves three steps that get progressively easier. First, is the test of survival. You have to get your hands on some of the tougher materials to make the totem, like string (kill spiders) and a Gold Block. Then you have to make the Flag, which is very easy. Then you combine them, along with some flowers and a sapling (to prove you can forage, or something) to create the totem. Then you place it wherever you want. Increasing claim size requires an extra person to activate the totem with right click at every step (so, smallest only requires you, next requires you and someone else, after that you need yourself and two other people, etc.). This will prevent a loner from creating a massive claim. Settlements will automatically de-claim if a settlement member (except for prisoners and immigrants) does not step within the claim bubble within a set amount of time. Maybe three days? Depends on the server, maybe.

Village position could be, in descending order of power: Chief, Adviser, Commoner, Immigrant, and Prisoner. Only Chiefs and Advisers can access the totems, and only Chiefs can use it to Increase claim size and toggle Claimed Blocks on and off. Immigrants are Commoners that cannot build or respawn at the totem, and prisoners cannot do anything.

At every stage of Settlement growth (You move up a stage after paying tribute to the Totem), a village Chief is allowed to craft a Brand, in a similar fashion to a totem, except maybe without the skull part. Both Chieftans AND Advisers are allowed to interact with a Brand. You get one Brand per stage of growth. A Brand allows a settlement to extend it's reach, such as forming a small trading hub between other towns, or even smaller towns themselves. Brands can be upgraded through tributes, similar to a Settlements, except that their growth is halted at only a few stages, and each stage is much more expensive to upgrade than a Settlement's. Brands can not be placed more than a set amount of blocks away from a Settlement, but it should be a good amount. Perhaps if you cannot see a Brand from within the standard Fog distance, it is too far? This will take a lot of balancing...

If you're not part of a town, you're still considered to be in the "Immigrant" tier. Immigrant pretty much means you haven't been assigned a Settlement position yet. You can't build with blocks, but you can build with the much more expensive decoration/utility pieces, like my platform idea and ladders and such. Eventually, if we ever get special decorations like support columns or thin walls, this could give large Settlements with lots of immigrants a very realistic feel; you've got your commoners who have thick, sturdy buildings, while immigrants live in shanty towns made out of scavenged materials and thin boards.

This allows something very interesting to happen. My friends, I am talking about Siege Warfare, or parts of it. Since enemies are considered "Immigrant" status, they cannot just spam dirt blocks and ascend your walls (but they can tunnel under them, albeit very slowly), but you have to keep an eye out for them building ladders and bridges. They can, for instance, spam dirt outside of your bubble and then build a bridge over to your walls, but if they're high enough, and you can take out a bridge piece with your bow, then they'll just fall to their deaths or something. To capture a settlement, a Chief must destroy the opposing totem, which can take up to a few minutes of attacking. Chiefs are the only people who can damage a totem.

This brings about the issue of "Why don't they just keep zerg rushing you until you run out of ammo/give up?", an issue which I can't really think of a solution to. Perhaps you can't enter a settlement bubble for a while after you die within it? This also has the benefit of iron-fisted rulers keeping their unwanted immigrants out. Just bust the heads of the ones you don't want and they'll be forced to take their business elsewhere.

Also, decoration/utility blocks, likes ladders and bridges, won't drop anything when they break within a bubble if they're built by immigrants.

What this suggestion basically brings, is some semi-permanency to player-based constructions. What I fear in multiplayer, is people wrecking the stuff I've spent ages farming for and building, and with a system as proposed above, at least griefers would have to put in some solid work to wreck your shit.
Savior broke my heart ;_; || twitch.tv/onnings
Marradron
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Netherlands1586 Posts
August 04 2010 10:11 GMT
#98
On August 04 2010 18:27 SpiritWolf wrote:
I am testing a survival multi-player sever now. It will only be up for 30 minutes or so but if anyone wants to join they are welcome to. Set the ip to minecraft.sytes.net


I'll try joining, noob minecrafter though
sleeepy
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
Canada777 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-04 10:15:58
August 04 2010 10:13 GMT
#99
On August 04 2010 17:40 plated.rawr wrote:
You need an arrowhead, a shaft and stabilizers.

+ Show Spoiler +
Flint from sandstone deposits, a stick made from planks, and a feather.


Ah well I was on the right track. I had the stick and feathers part but though you use the same matierials as you do in other equipment (wood -> stone -> iron -> etc). Thanks I'll be on the lookout for sandstone now, I'm a pretty good shot with that bow and it seems to be the best bet for taking out the exploding guys.

The multiplayer is going to awesome once everything is finished. An endless world with player-made terrain and gear, PvP and PvE combat, co-op to build those huge projects faster. If this wasn't Lego graphics and had a tad more content everyone would be calling it game of the century.
plated.rawr
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Norway1676 Posts
August 04 2010 10:16 GMT
#100
On August 04 2010 17:49 Marradron wrote:
If someone starts up a multiplayer server I'd be interestted in playing. Just purchased the game

BTW if i have 20 sticks how do i split them up into 2 stacks of 10 ?

Rightclicking on a stack splits it in two. If you pick up a stack, rightclicking on an empty field drops one down from the stack per click.
Savior broke my heart ;_; || twitch.tv/onnings
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 58 59 60 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
Continental Nation League S1
CranKy Ducklings82
Liquipedia
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #2
ZZZero.O158
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SpeCial 182
ProTech38
StarCraft: Brood War
Artosis 1013
ZZZero.O 158
Bale 17
ajuk12(nOOB) 7
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm206
League of Legends
Doublelift4154
JimRising 715
Counter-Strike
minikerr21
Other Games
summit1g10621
C9.Mang0321
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1139
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream41
Other Games
BasetradeTV0
[ Show 9 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP127
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
9h 5m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
10h 5m
Monday Night Weeklies
15h 5m
Replay Cast
22h 5m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 9h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 10h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 23h
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.