• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:40
CEST 16:40
KST 23:40
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)69Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror mca64Launcher 2.0
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7111 users

League of Legends [New forum, check OP!] - Page 1149

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 1147 1148 1149 1150 1151 1431 Next
crazeman
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
664 Posts
October 07 2010 14:41 GMT
#22961
On October 07 2010 23:05 myopia wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 07 2010 21:19 spinesheath wrote:
On October 07 2010 21:15 -Kato- wrote:
If I'm getting non-ranked queued with guys with 500, 600, even 1000+ wins, while being lvl 28 159 wins 140 losses:

Does it mean I'm good or they're bad?

Or does it mean anything at all?

It probably doesn't mean anything. Maybe that you are "more talented" because you got to the same level in much shorter time.


ehhh that's not how elo works. If they've got a similar w/l ratio it doesn't really matter how many total games they've played.

i.e. it doesn't say much about your goodness or their badness, but that you're considered to be of equal skill.


he's talking about unranked games. AFAIK, only levels are taken into account for normal games?
Fluent
Profile Joined June 2010
United States32 Posts
October 07 2010 14:44 GMT
#22962
There is a hidden ELO for normal games.
Southlight
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
United States11768 Posts
October 07 2010 14:51 GMT
#22963
On October 07 2010 21:15 -Kato- wrote:
If I'm getting non-ranked queued with guys with 500, 600, even 1000+ wins, while being lvl 28 159 wins 140 losses:

Does it mean I'm good or they're bad?

Or does it mean anything at all?


There are tons of horrible players with lots of wins, it could mean anything.
oraoraoraoraoraoraoraora
HeadhunteR
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Argentina1258 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-10-07 15:06:37
October 07 2010 15:04 GMT
#22964
On October 07 2010 23:51 Southlight wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 07 2010 21:15 -Kato- wrote:
If I'm getting non-ranked queued with guys with 500, 600, even 1000+ wins, while being lvl 28 159 wins 140 losses:

Does it mean I'm good or they're bad?

Or does it mean anything at all?


There are tons of horrible players with lots of wins, it could mean anything.


many wins in unranked are won because it was a 5v4... many of the losses also occur because of this as well...
until you have played at least 100 games in ranked you cant really evaluate your skill, and maybe not even then... in my opinion you cant consider yourself a good player until you have a good winrate with more than 300 games played.
in The Kong line forever
Brees
Profile Joined January 2010
Marshall Islands3404 Posts
October 07 2010 15:06 GMT
#22965
build team of anti-mages
take 5 exhausts
???
Prophet muhammad!
Brees on in
Phrost
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States4008 Posts
October 07 2010 15:08 GMT
#22966
Yeah so anyone wanting to purchase swain: don't yet.

Riot was too conservative with his base damage and scaling that even when you factor in his boost from torment he doesn't do enough damage to warrant a champion slot on any team.

Malzahar does a better job at killing 1 person, Janna does a lot better job of ccing
iamphrost.tumblr.com // http://howtobebettermagicplayer.tumblr.com // twitter @phrost_
Southlight
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
United States11768 Posts
October 07 2010 15:10 GMT
#22967
On October 08 2010 00:04 HeadhunteR wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 07 2010 23:51 Southlight wrote:
On October 07 2010 21:15 -Kato- wrote:
If I'm getting non-ranked queued with guys with 500, 600, even 1000+ wins, while being lvl 28 159 wins 140 losses:

Does it mean I'm good or they're bad?

Or does it mean anything at all?


There are tons of horrible players with lots of wins, it could mean anything.


many wins in unranked are won because it was a 5v4... many of the losses also occur because of this as well...
until you have played at least 100 games in ranked you cant really evaluate your skill, and maybe not even then... in my opinion you cant consider yourself a good player until you have a good winrate with more than 300 games played.


I'm just flatly saying it doesn't matter. One of the top-tier players for a while wasn't level 30 for a long time (SwooZee), and on the other hand there're hundreds of people with 1000+ wins that really blow. Win count means nothing. Especially in normal queue - it's like practice game for me.
oraoraoraoraoraoraoraora
Orpheos
Profile Joined April 2010
United States1663 Posts
October 07 2010 15:17 GMT
#22968
win count means nothing. until you have the lose count as well. then again people still have friends and get carried.
Yiruru
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Canada690 Posts
October 07 2010 15:20 GMT
#22969
On October 08 2010 00:06 Brees wrote:
build team of anti-mages
take 5 exhausts
???
Prophet muhammad!


Already happened to me all day today...
ZERG_RUSSIAN
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
10417 Posts
October 07 2010 15:37 GMT
#22970
On October 07 2010 23:05 myopia wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 07 2010 21:19 spinesheath wrote:
On October 07 2010 21:15 -Kato- wrote:
If I'm getting non-ranked queued with guys with 500, 600, even 1000+ wins, while being lvl 28 159 wins 140 losses:

Does it mean I'm good or they're bad?

Or does it mean anything at all?

It probably doesn't mean anything. Maybe that you are "more talented" because you got to the same level in much shorter time.


ehhh that's not how elo works. If they've got a similar w/l ratio it doesn't really matter how many total games they've played.

i.e. it doesn't say much about your goodness or their badness, but that you're considered to be of equal skill.

Even w/l ratio doesn't matter, if you win a lot against terrible players and lose against good ones you will have a mediocre Elo. I'm around 1600 or so in normal queue afaik and I'm nearly +100 wins.
I'm on GOLD CHAIN
Jazriel
Profile Joined April 2008
Canada404 Posts
October 07 2010 15:44 GMT
#22971
I love how the end result of a system implemented by Riot is exactly the same as the one implemented by HoN:

Win's don't matter.
Losses don't matter.
Leaves don't matter.
W:L doesn't matter.
ELO/PSR doesn't matter.

There really is no way to evaluate individual skill or any recognized way to evaluate team skill in a game that's dominated by flawed team-based mechanics.

It makes me smile with pride when I consider I'm probably the only person to have figured out a way to "fix" all of these things. Go me.
#1 LoL player
cascades
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Singapore6122 Posts
October 07 2010 16:26 GMT
#22972
On October 08 2010 00:44 Jazriel wrote:
I love how the end result of a system implemented by Riot is exactly the same as the one implemented by HoN:

Win's don't matter.
Losses don't matter.
Leaves don't matter.
W:L doesn't matter.
ELO/PSR doesn't matter.

There really is no way to evaluate individual skill or any recognized way to evaluate team skill in a game that's dominated by flawed team-based mechanics.

It makes me smile with pride when I consider I'm probably the only person to have figured out a way to "fix" all of these things. Go me.


And what would that be?
HS: cascades#1595 || LoL: stoppin
Southlight
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
United States11768 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-10-07 16:28:28
October 07 2010 16:28 GMT
#22973
On October 08 2010 01:26 cascades wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 08 2010 00:44 Jazriel wrote:
I love how the end result of a system implemented by Riot is exactly the same as the one implemented by HoN:

Win's don't matter.
Losses don't matter.
Leaves don't matter.
W:L doesn't matter.
ELO/PSR doesn't matter.

There really is no way to evaluate individual skill or any recognized way to evaluate team skill in a game that's dominated by flawed team-based mechanics.

It makes me smile with pride when I consider I'm probably the only person to have figured out a way to "fix" all of these things. Go me.


And what would that be?


Not playing ranked games at all.

Ziiiing!

Sorry couldn't resist >_>
oraoraoraoraoraoraoraora
myopia
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United States2928 Posts
October 07 2010 16:32 GMT
#22974
what we need is a new tier 3 item built from tiamat and malady: the Battlescurvy.
it's my first day
byFd
Profile Joined May 2006
Germany620 Posts
October 07 2010 16:43 GMT
#22975
nahh
make it

tiamat + malady + philo stone = trinity fail
(>°_°)>
Southlight
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
United States11768 Posts
October 07 2010 16:46 GMT
#22976
Heart of Gold + Kage's Lucky Pick + Avarice Blade = Yiruru's Greedy Soul
oraoraoraoraoraoraoraora
Jazriel
Profile Joined April 2008
Canada404 Posts
October 07 2010 16:48 GMT
#22977
On October 08 2010 01:26 cascades wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
And what would that be?


I'm basically a wannabe game designer who's actually really really good at game design. I've created a system that essentially "perfectly balances" MOBA's, both for solo Q and team-based play.

I'm also not retarded enough to use a rating system for an individual (ELO/PSR) for a team-based game.

However I'm not going to go in to detail because then everyone who thinks they know anything about game design will think they can critique a rough synopsis over the internet, and it's generally just a waste of time.


Pretty much, if I became head of Riot and people actually listened to wtf I would say, LoL would become one of the best games there is. No more random rage or losing to leavers/feeders etc.
#1 LoL player
BlackPaladin
Profile Joined May 2010
United States9316 Posts
October 07 2010 16:49 GMT
#22978
On October 08 2010 01:43 byFd wrote:
nahh
make it

tiamat + malady + philo stone = trinity fail


I want this item to troll with O_O
"Your full potential does not matter if you do not use all 100% of it."
Chrispy
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Canada5878 Posts
October 07 2010 17:03 GMT
#22979
ahahhahaha at Jazriel.

That is just like one of the funniest posts I think I've ever read on TL.
Retvrn to Forvms
Aurdon
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States2007 Posts
October 07 2010 17:09 GMT
#22980
On October 08 2010 01:48 Jazriel wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 08 2010 01:26 cascades wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
And what would that be?


I'm basically a wannabe game designer who's actually really really good at game design. I've created a system that essentially "perfectly balances" MOBA's, both for solo Q and team-based play.

I'm also not retarded enough to use a rating system for an individual (ELO/PSR) for a team-based game.

However I'm not going to go in to detail because then everyone who thinks they know anything about game design will think they can critique a rough synopsis over the internet, and it's generally just a waste of time.


Pretty much, if I became head of Riot and people actually listened to wtf I would say, LoL would become one of the best games there is. No more random rage or losing to leavers/feeders etc.



I know exactly how to fix the trouble between Israel and Palestine, but if I know if I try to cover it in detail online I'll just get flamed and no one will really understand.

However, if I was president of the world and everyone listened to me then I assure you that within no time Peace in the Middle East would be declared.
Prev 1 1147 1148 1149 1150 1151 1431 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
WardiTV Weekly
20:00
WardiTV Mondays #107
IntoTheiNu 1490
WardiTV983
OGKoka 299
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 299
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 7766
Bisu 1890
Shuttle 978
Horang2 784
Larva 515
Stork 483
EffOrt 397
BeSt 373
actioN 268
Mini 246
[ Show more ]
Light 150
Mind 124
hero 118
Rush 105
910 96
Zeus 89
Snow 77
Mong 70
Barracks 68
Sea.KH 60
Shinee 59
Yoon 46
sorry 42
JYJ 41
ToSsGirL 37
Killer 29
Bale 26
Sexy 24
Shine 19
HiyA 19
soO 19
Aegong 18
zelot 17
Sacsri 14
scan(afreeca) 13
Free 10
Terrorterran 10
Noble 5
Dota 2
Gorgc5199
qojqva2522
Dendi1047
febbydoto34
Counter-Strike
fl0m3294
Fnx 510
Heroes of the Storm
Lowko457
Other Games
singsing2878
hiko1012
B2W.Neo870
TKL 489
Livibee409
XBOCT270
Hui .219
Liquid`VortiX201
XaKoH 156
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream30
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 21
• mYiSmile110
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 34
• iopq 2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis3110
• Jankos2221
Upcoming Events
Monday Night Weeklies
1h 21m
Replay Cast
8h 21m
Afreeca Starleague
19h 21m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
20h 21m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 9h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.