• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:15
CEST 00:15
KST 07:15
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BW General Discussion BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8070 users

League of Legends [New forum, check OP!] - Page 1146

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 1144 1145 1146 1147 1148 1431 Next
Southlight
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
United States11768 Posts
October 07 2010 01:03 GMT
#22901
On October 07 2010 07:35 oberon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 07 2010 07:20 Southlight wrote:
On October 07 2010 07:02 arb wrote:
Join solo queue, teemo kat and tryndamere all lock in without looking at the team
Im like wow wtf ist his shit, the other guy doesnt pick so i just leave queue and take the debuff

What would you have done?


I have to admit I don't solo queue but if I did I probably would have taken Kassadin, demanded a solo lane, and not given a damn about what they do. As long as they can soak up a certain amount of damage that's all I need them to do o/


Sometimes, that's not enough. I just had a game with Rammus/Heimer(me)/Ryze/Morde/Tristana. I was mid against MF, who I beat slightly in creep kills, and killed once. I also dodged their Ashe's gank attempt on me.

In the mean time, my team had died about 8 times. The first time their Akali shows up on my screen, she has 6 kills. I was pretty high level and well farmed, but between Akali and Ashe they could demolish all 4 of my teammates before I could kill any of them.

Maybe Kass has a higher sustained DPS than Heimer and could do something in a game like that, but I sorta doubt it.


No idea, some games you just can't win. My point was just that I usually don't give a damn and play what I want to play and am comfortable playing. There's no end to it if you keep trying to placate your team.
oraoraoraoraoraoraoraora
Skithiryx
Profile Joined August 2010
Australia648 Posts
October 07 2010 01:09 GMT
#22902
Do you guys play on EU or US?

And I think I have my MF down now, I've won the last 3/4 games going 16+/2-ish/10-ish the amount of harass power she has is just awesome only gonna get better as i fill out the runepage for her :D thanks guys !
oberon
Profile Joined May 2009
United States1320 Posts
October 07 2010 01:19 GMT
#22903
On October 07 2010 09:51 shawster wrote:
streaming live soon

www.livestream.com/shawz


Just so you know, that quality is too poor to watch. Each pixel is the size of a normal item, so your items are mostly dots of various colors.
oberon
Profile Joined May 2009
United States1320 Posts
October 07 2010 01:20 GMT
#22904
On October 07 2010 10:03 Southlight wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 07 2010 07:35 oberon wrote:
On October 07 2010 07:20 Southlight wrote:
On October 07 2010 07:02 arb wrote:
Join solo queue, teemo kat and tryndamere all lock in without looking at the team
Im like wow wtf ist his shit, the other guy doesnt pick so i just leave queue and take the debuff

What would you have done?


I have to admit I don't solo queue but if I did I probably would have taken Kassadin, demanded a solo lane, and not given a damn about what they do. As long as they can soak up a certain amount of damage that's all I need them to do o/


Sometimes, that's not enough. I just had a game with Rammus/Heimer(me)/Ryze/Morde/Tristana. I was mid against MF, who I beat slightly in creep kills, and killed once. I also dodged their Ashe's gank attempt on me.

In the mean time, my team had died about 8 times. The first time their Akali shows up on my screen, she has 6 kills. I was pretty high level and well farmed, but between Akali and Ashe they could demolish all 4 of my teammates before I could kill any of them.

Maybe Kass has a higher sustained DPS than Heimer and could do something in a game like that, but I sorta doubt it.


No idea, some games you just can't win. My point was just that I usually don't give a damn and play what I want to play and am comfortable playing. There's no end to it if you keep trying to placate your team.


This we agree on.

On a related topic: my best champ, by far, is Heimer. If we already have AP champs, however, I'm hesitant to play him. For example, a couple games ago our first two picks were Sona and Swain, and I was third. If I pick Heimer our comp is terrible. Do you take Kass in those situations?
Phrost
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States4008 Posts
October 07 2010 01:21 GMT
#22905
So here's my kind of analysis of Swain (thus far)


Hes really squishy like a caster but he really really wants to play a support role like taric. The only problem is hes so goddamn squishy you really have to be spot on with Nevermore's

Q - Lazer bird is pretty hilarious. It is a really short range and pretty terrible slow (it scales with level and starts at like 20%) so you can't really use it to kill people early (unless they facecheck a bush). It's most effectively cast when you're standing on top of someone.
W - Nevermore really wants to be rupture. I mean man it really wants to be rupture, but sadly it isnt. The range is a lot smaller than rupture and it FEELS like it comes up slower (dont quote me on it because i'm not sure). The graphic is a lot more pronounced than rupture but it is arguably much better for kiting as it stops them in place rather than knocking up and then putting a slow. It does not reveal targets that it hits (so using it in a bush doesn't work like anivia's wall). The ap ratio seems like its not that bad but it definitely wont let you rice too well.
E - If you ever want to kill anyone this has to be maxed first. The graphic for the projectile is oddly misleading as it looks a lot like his auto attack. It doesn't do a lot of damage up front but substantially increases his overall dps (although not burst) by a ton when it's applied. Horrendously short casting range on most of his spells makes this hard to setup effectively.
R - Pretty much the only ability that i don't have beef with. It's low cooldown makes it very good to use whenever you feel like it. It costs less mana than anivia's ult to maintain for short periods of time which is nice. It heals you for a fuck ton if theres a lot of stuff around, making him pretty tanky in long team fights. With golem you can't stay in bird form forever (unfortunately)

How to kills people:
1) hope they facecheck a bush and go EQWR
2) they dont facecheck a bush so you have to use W to lead, get in their face with Q and then ER and auto attack them to death

Cool tips and trix:
E increases auto attack damage, go to town oldman
You can use Zhonya's while in birdform and be near full hp when the invulnerability is over.
Deathfire Grasp is totally optional. He doesn't excel at killing champions with or without it.
Stick to mana regen and some tanky AP items (frozen heart looks nice on paper, getting an arch angels after banshees veil and frozen heart is nice too)
I might try doing a sheen or lichbane build to see if that makes him a better caster dps
iamphrost.tumblr.com // http://howtobebettermagicplayer.tumblr.com // twitter @phrost_
shawster
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Canada2485 Posts
October 07 2010 01:23 GMT
#22906
On October 07 2010 10:19 oberon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 07 2010 09:51 shawster wrote:
streaming live soon

www.livestream.com/shawz


Just so you know, that quality is too poor to watch. Each pixel is the size of a normal item, so your items are mostly dots of various colors.


really?

i check out vods and the stream quality looks fine

not stellar but fine

make sure it isn't your own end
oberon
Profile Joined May 2009
United States1320 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-10-07 01:38:40
October 07 2010 01:27 GMT
#22907
On October 07 2010 10:23 shawster wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 07 2010 10:19 oberon wrote:
On October 07 2010 09:51 shawster wrote:
streaming live soon

www.livestream.com/shawz


Just so you know, that quality is too poor to watch. Each pixel is the size of a normal item, so your items are mostly dots of various colors.


really?

i check out vods and the stream quality looks fine

not stellar but fine

make sure it isn't your own end


There are lots of reasons I know it's not on my end, but the simplest: other streams look fine.

Edit: Checked again. The first time was especially bad, and the second time is better. Still really bad, but I can see what items you have.

Also, the current game makes your earlier comment about giving retards responsibility hilarious.
arb
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Noobville17922 Posts
October 07 2010 01:30 GMT
#22908
On October 07 2010 09:05 shawster wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 07 2010 08:48 arb wrote:
When morgana is the only positive one on your team, and is the only reason youre winning team fights
When she(I) say im b a second to get something, the best thing to do when in the advantage is to promptly follow the tank(who has less hp than me..) into a 4v5 die, then cost ust he game and blame me

<3 LoL retard logic


you gave retards a slightest hint of responsibility

shame on you

I atleast figured they would tower defend, we'd won the last 4-5 team fights and i just went back to get zhonyas and an elixir, instead they just face check into a bush with the entire team in it, all die without killing a single member, they then baron and we lose the game

shame on me
Artillery spawned from the forges of Hell
shawster
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Canada2485 Posts
October 07 2010 01:41 GMT
#22909
On October 07 2010 10:27 oberon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 07 2010 10:23 shawster wrote:
On October 07 2010 10:19 oberon wrote:
On October 07 2010 09:51 shawster wrote:
streaming live soon

www.livestream.com/shawz


Just so you know, that quality is too poor to watch. Each pixel is the size of a normal item, so your items are mostly dots of various colors.


really?

i check out vods and the stream quality looks fine

not stellar but fine

make sure it isn't your own end


There are lots of reasons I know it's not on my end, but the simplest: other streams look fine.

Edit: Checked again. The first time was especially bad, and the second time is better. Still really bad, but I can see what items you have.

Also, the current game makes your earlier comment about giving retards responsibility hilarious.


well if it's on my side then i just don't have the resources to stream 100% premium quality

just out of curiosity how does my current game make that statement hilarious?
SHr3DD3r
Profile Joined March 2009
Pakistan2137 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-10-07 01:51:11
October 07 2010 01:49 GMT
#22910
The stream quality is pretty decent actually. And lol at that nidalee game. Jesus they were bad



EDIT Just checked your stream again and the quality has decreased drastically. But still watchable.
Hit them hard! Hit them low! - Forever a Bisu Fan!~!
shawster
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Canada2485 Posts
October 07 2010 02:06 GMT
#22911
On October 07 2010 10:49 SHr3DD3r wrote:
The stream quality is pretty decent actually. And lol at that nidalee game. Jesus they were bad



EDIT Just checked your stream again and the quality has decreased drastically. But still watchable.


yeah i just noticed how it went down pretty badly

not sure why though, hmm

that nidalee game was fun as shit though haha
Orpheos
Profile Joined April 2010
United States1663 Posts
October 07 2010 03:03 GMT
#22912
current trollsmurf strategy = AD janna. EOTS is a beast.
ProdT
Profile Joined January 2009
United States170 Posts
October 07 2010 03:36 GMT
#22913
Is anyone else having severe lag issues?
SnK-Arcbound
Profile Joined March 2005
United States4423 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-10-07 03:49:44
October 07 2010 03:49 GMT
#22914
Lol Shen with 2 negatron, merc treads, 2 sunfires and a chain mail. I went AP poppy this game and could almost destoy him with R>DFG>slam>Q (leaving him with about ~10%). DFG is pretty good, I might use it on my AD poppy for the easy 30%, plus cdr (of course I need set up time to ult then dfg then continue).
Rice
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
United States1332 Posts
October 07 2010 03:52 GMT
#22915
On October 07 2010 12:49 SnK-Arcbound wrote:
Lol Shen with 2 negatron, merc treads, 2 sunfires and a chain mail. I went AP poppy this game and could almost destoy him with R>DFG>slam>Q (leaving him with about ~10%). DFG is pretty good, I might use it on my AD poppy for the easy 30%, plus cdr (of course I need set up time to ult then dfg then continue).


if you mean almost destroy me you mean kill me instantly everytime gosh, what am I even supposed to do... doesn't help that the corki just dcs for 5 minutes =/
Freedom will be defended at the cost of civil liberties.
myopia
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United States2928 Posts
October 07 2010 03:52 GMT
#22916
Rough games today, liquidparty bros. Sorry I couldn't play better for you. I had to resort to solo queue to get my win bonus.

There's been ~5 patches in the last day, and not one of them fixes the Karthus bug. Sure they stopped him from being invincible but getting scammed out of kills isn't cool. I got cheated three times this last game.
it's my first day
Southlight
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
United States11768 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-10-07 04:02:31
October 07 2010 03:58 GMT
#22917
On October 07 2010 10:20 oberon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 07 2010 10:03 Southlight wrote:
On October 07 2010 07:35 oberon wrote:
On October 07 2010 07:20 Southlight wrote:
On October 07 2010 07:02 arb wrote:
Join solo queue, teemo kat and tryndamere all lock in without looking at the team
Im like wow wtf ist his shit, the other guy doesnt pick so i just leave queue and take the debuff

What would you have done?


I have to admit I don't solo queue but if I did I probably would have taken Kassadin, demanded a solo lane, and not given a damn about what they do. As long as they can soak up a certain amount of damage that's all I need them to do o/


Sometimes, that's not enough. I just had a game with Rammus/Heimer(me)/Ryze/Morde/Tristana. I was mid against MF, who I beat slightly in creep kills, and killed once. I also dodged their Ashe's gank attempt on me.

In the mean time, my team had died about 8 times. The first time their Akali shows up on my screen, she has 6 kills. I was pretty high level and well farmed, but between Akali and Ashe they could demolish all 4 of my teammates before I could kill any of them.

Maybe Kass has a higher sustained DPS than Heimer and could do something in a game like that, but I sorta doubt it.


No idea, some games you just can't win. My point was just that I usually don't give a damn and play what I want to play and am comfortable playing. There's no end to it if you keep trying to placate your team.


This we agree on.

On a related topic: my best champ, by far, is Heimer. If we already have AP champs, however, I'm hesitant to play him. For example, a couple games ago our first two picks were Sona and Swain, and I was third. If I pick Heimer our comp is terrible. Do you take Kass in those situations?


Well I mean in the end it boils down to how confident you are in relation to the players around you. My opinion is going to necessarily be biased - I feel you primarily run into ridiculous champ lineups like that at lower (relatively) levels of play and in such environments I was always super confident that I was "by far" the best player in the game. I mean, I'm not an elite player but I'm pretty comfortable saying I'm still a top-end player. That would then cause me to not care about any and all hero choices in the game, as my comfort with Kassadin was such that I could and can adapt to any situation, and I expect to dominate regardless. If I go 20-0-10 and we lose, so be it, but just from the start I expect, push myself to reach such heights. If I end up with a mediocre score I just blame myself for not being good enough and move on. If we lose because the whole team was AP and they stacked 300 MR, oh well, I'll have a brief moment of "blahhhhhhhhhh" and then move on.

Edit:
Beyond that, the only real suggestion I can make is to find some duo queue partners, or try to make a 5-man team. Obviously at a certain point you're going to need some "proper teams" and best/only way to ensure as much as possible a balanced team is to duo. A lot of people have posted in this thread they had success by getting one person to solo and the other person jungles, giving a good combination of a melee + ranged + two people getting good farmage and placing two players in positions of significant impact. If you go totally solo there's just not a lot you can do, you tend to be stuck resorting to your "go-to" hero and gutting it out. I think, anyways.
oraoraoraoraoraoraoraora
Tooplark
Profile Joined October 2008
United States3977 Posts
October 07 2010 04:19 GMT
#22918
Or picking your best hero that the team needs and trusting at least one person to be competent.
WHAT POW'R ART THOU WHO FROM BELOW HAST MADE ME RISE UNWILLINGLY AND SLOW
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
October 07 2010 04:19 GMT
#22919
There's been ~5 patches in the last day, and not one of them fixes the Karthus bug. Sure they stopped him from being invincible but getting scammed out of kills isn't cool. I got cheated three times this last game.

Yeah I was wondering how Karthus killed Karthus...yet there was only one ingame.
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
StuffedTurkey
Profile Joined May 2010
United States859 Posts
October 07 2010 04:22 GMT
#22920
On October 07 2010 13:19 WaveofShadow wrote:
Show nested quote +
There's been ~5 patches in the last day, and not one of them fixes the Karthus bug. Sure they stopped him from being invincible but getting scammed out of kills isn't cool. I got cheated three times this last game.

Yeah I was wondering how Karthus killed Karthus...yet there was only one ingame.

was there a swain on your team? apparently there is a bug with swain's Q that makes karthus's passive not work properly(then again it may have just been another karthus bug lol)
You can't milk those!
Prev 1 1144 1145 1146 1147 1148 1431 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL: Ladder Tournament
04:00
#2 - $100
ZZZero.O159
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft177
Nina 66
ViBE56
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 14177
ZZZero.O 159
Dewaltoss 142
firebathero 92
Hyuk 74
Terrorterran 23
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm141
febbydoto44
League of Legends
Doublelift4227
Counter-Strike
Fnx 817
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5823
Other Games
summit1g6682
FrodaN2407
fl0m726
mouzStarbuck367
JimRising 273
KnowMe259
ToD207
ArmadaUGS142
Mew2King40
Railgan30
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1184
BasetradeTV170
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream92
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 61
• musti20045 35
• Letter148
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Noizen106
Other Games
• imaqtpie806
• Shiphtur219
• tFFMrPink 15
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
11h 46m
INu's Battles
13h 46m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
16h 46m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
20h 46m
BSL Open Qualifier
20h 46m
Replay Cast
1d
Afreeca Starleague
1d 11h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 12h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 17h
Replay Cast
2 days
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
6 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.